Author Topic: Will any of you be in the market for a Cybertruck?  (Read 3382 times)

Megalodon

• Getbig V
Re: Will any of you be in the market for a Cybertruck?
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2023, 08:38:42 AM »
If I remember correctly I think Sergio O. was pictured driving one of these.

They were kit cars originally made in Florida, based off Mustangs. Sergio's was combustible.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2023, 08:43:01 AM »
Sergio had a high pitch voice. Possibly gay.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2023, 08:58:05 AM »
Sergio had a high pitch voice. Possibly gay.

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2023, 04:59:49 PM »

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2023, 05:36:22 PM »

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2023, 06:13:15 PM »
Will any of you be in the market for a Cybertruck?

No.

This truck isn't winning any beauty pageants. It's more likely to snag a role as the villain's getaway vehicle in a dystopian blockbuster, perhaps Mad Max meets Demolition Man.

Plus, for $60K, it's a no for me dawg.

"1"

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2023, 03:54:34 AM »
No.

This truck isn't winning any beauty pageants. It's more likely to snag a role as the villain's getaway vehicle in a dystopian blockbuster, perhaps Mad Max meets Demolition Man.

Plus, for $60K, it's a no for me dawg.

"1"

;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." -- Joe Rogan
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2023, 04:33:44 AM »
They never seem to show the cargo area which is what most truck owners are concerned about (except those who just want to drive around suburbia in a truck).

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2023, 04:39:08 AM »
They never seem to show the cargo area which is what most truck owners are concerned about (except those who just want to drive around suburbia in a truck).

The video I posted does. Hotter than Dutch love

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." -- Joe Rogan
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2023, 05:05:55 AM »
The video I posted does. Hotter than Dutch love

Very interesting.

Some good features.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2023, 05:17:16 PM »
Get a Unimog.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2023, 06:03:19 PM »
Aesthetics of a George Foreman Grill.

Thing can haul ass off the line, but … what else?

This rushing to electrics is gonna be the regular peoples’s downfall, I’m telling you. Between battery shortcomings and the dramatic lack of charging infrastructure, this is going to be a disaster.

And what of the charging times?

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2024, 06:37:04 PM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2024, 07:19:56 PM »

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2024, 12:29:16 AM »
Undercarriage isn’t much better  :-X

dummy,,, the spindle/upright moves with the wheel/tire as it is attached firm to the wheel bearing which is attached to the wheel itself.

only would be an issue if you went up in wheel rolling diameter, which is not a good thing to do anyways as it will throw off speedo/trip-meter and other things

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2024, 01:01:43 AM »
Wonder what's behind that steel? You and I both know that gauge steel isn't stopping those rounds.

it's 1.8mm, 301 cold rolled stainless steel, material which should also be 50% higher tensile strength than regular cold rolled steel

so its not your average 0.6mm regular car door panel, but 3x thicker, and 50% stronger

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2024, 01:14:06 AM »
Looks like one of mine crappy steel sheet jobs. Good news is that anyone without skills can repair a door panel, without making it uglier..

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2024, 01:18:19 AM »
it's 1.8mm, 301 cold rolled stainless steel, material which should also be 50% higher tensile strength than regular cold rolled steel

so its not your average 0.6mm regular car door panel, but 3x thicker, and 50% stronger

All that steel, plus the batteries, that thing must weight a lot.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2024, 02:25:39 AM »
Fuck the "Truck"

Reminds me of the old Volkswagon "The Thing" but it`s even fuglier.

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2024, 02:27:20 AM »
Looks like shit in person. I will not be purchasing it which is a shame since I am a former sheet metal worker.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2024, 02:51:07 AM »
All that steel, plus the batteries, that thing must weight a lot.
it does

idk why anyone would want a bulletproof car though. If you're wealthy enough to afford it you wouldn't live in a area where you acually could need it  :D

Marvin Martian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2024, 02:51:20 AM »
Aesthetics of a George Foreman Grill.

Thing can haul ass off the line, but … what else?

This rushing to electrics is gonna be the regular peoples’s downfall, I’m telling you. Between battery shortcomings and the dramatic lack of charging infrastructure, this is going to be a disaster.

And what of the charging times?

I also wonder about how much cumulative time loss the charging times will create. If California goes all electric in a few years, has anyone run the numbers on this? I’m not against electric if it’s proven to be a better way (not for the environment because that is political not scientific). I love the acceleration and speed - the FW t that the damn thing is bullet proof. But a few things I haven’t heard anyone address.
- as said above Charging Time - won’t this cause massive gridlock if millions of Californians are waiting hours to charge?
- what about the fact that they already have rolling blackouts at times? Won’t have tens of millions of vehicles using hundreds of millions of charging hours be an enormous problem? 
- what about transportation? California is a major hub for goods transported all over the country. If no combustion engine trucks are running in California and EVEN IF California solves the above issues - they trucks don’t all STAY in California… lol seems like the beginnings of a gigantic cluster fck!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2024, 02:53:31 AM »
it does

idk why anyone would want a bulletproof car though. If you're wealthy enough to afford it you wouldn't live in a area where you acually could need it  :D
"I keep my doors locked in case I`m attacked...........lifes been good to me".

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2024, 02:55:24 AM »
I also wonder about how much cumulative time loss the charging times will create. If California goes all electric in a few years, has anyone run the numbers on this? I’m not against electric if it’s proven to be a better way (not for the environment because that is political not scientific). I love the acceleration and speed - the FW t that the damn thing is bullet proof. But a few things I haven’t heard anyone address.
- as said above Charging Time - won’t this cause massive gridlock if millions of Californians are waiting hours to charge?
- what about the fact that they already have rolling blackouts at times? Won’t have tens of millions of vehicles using hundreds of millions of charging hours be an enormous problem? 
- what about transportation? California is a major hub for goods transported all over the country. If no combustion engine trucks are running in California and EVEN IF California solves the above issues - they trucks don’t all STAY in California… lol seems like the beginnings of a gigantic cluster fck!
It`s a fucking lemon....it`ll go the way of The Edsel.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2024, 03:03:31 AM »
time loss?

I only charge my EV at night when I'm asleep. No loss.

the powergrid probably needs upgrading if everyone goes EV, sure. But it doesn't happen over night. And the powergrid is ever increasing anyways because of population growth