Author Topic: Getbig Luxury Watch Thread - what do you got?  (Read 6042 times)

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
Re: Do we have a getbig luxury watch thread?
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2023, 04:22:18 PM »
The only watches that sell for more than retail are Rolex and patek for the most part with a few outliers here and there from other brands.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2023, 04:30:36 PM »
My Breitling Bentley hasn’t appreciated at all. Is it a piece of shit? Bought it for like $5K in 2012ish. I realize that it’s no Rolex, but I just figured because of Bidenomics.

Good news is if you bought it on a monthly Rolex subscription service, maybe you can call the company and just tell them you forgot to cancel.
Y

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2023, 04:31:04 PM »
Lol, sorry bro, from what I’ve read after starting this thread, Breitling doesn’t appreciate. I have two, one I bought 4 years ago for about $9k that’s worth probably $5k and another I paid $3,500 for that I just checked them and they go for $2,500 used on eBay. I have some older Tags that are in the $1,500 range and a Movado I bought about 17 years ago for about $900.

One thing I did read when scrolling back and forth through the articles, they’re saying Breitling is more for a bigger rugged dude rather than the refined look of the Rolex.

Brutal if true!

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2023, 04:31:40 PM »
Good news is if you bought it on a monthly Rolex subscription service, maybe you can call the company and just tell them you forgot to cancel.

Hahahaha! Oh youuuuu

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2023, 04:32:48 PM »

Lmao. Rambone isn’t one to be trifled with!

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2023, 04:36:05 PM »
The only watches that sell for more than retail are Rolex and patek for the most part with a few outliers here and there from other brands.

I'd imagine the Rolex would look small on your wrists given your size.   I tried  rolex on, although nice they just seemed too small.

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2023, 04:52:09 PM »
I'd imagine the Rolex would look small on your wrists given your size.   I tried  rolex on, although nice they just seemed too small.

I’ve never been a fan of big watches. For me ideal is 38-43mm and really the sea dweller 43 is the only watch over 41mm that I like. Mainly I’m a 38-41mm guy. My wrist is 8”, I like to wear the watch I don’t like the watch wearing me hahaha.

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2023, 04:55:24 PM »

Actual footage of me at my most recent bbq

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2023, 09:23:18 PM »
Idiotic posers

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2023, 01:36:41 AM »
Luxury watches are worthless. The only people who are impressed by them are watch people. Hear me, I speak for the sensible people, we do not care about your dumb Rolex. No one can tell it’s a Rolex and we do no care. They are big ugly sundials and a joke. Absolute joke. The majority of us feel it should be removed from your wrist and smashed with a mallet. Not to mention you are walking around with a billboard inviting people to rob or shoot you for your watch. It’s also really really sad when you see YouTubers purposely showing their luxury watch on their wrist while they’re driving with 1 hand while vlogging.

If you need a watch, then get a classic style timex or fossil. Watches should only be used as a tool for keeping track of time.

Also, perhaps the idiot on here that can’t handle his worthless monthly subscription service to butcher box should use a watch to remind him of when it’s time to cancel the recurring charge.
w

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2023, 02:15:44 AM »
Funny how people get mad at people for enjoying something. It’s something people like or they don’t and neither is wrong but neither should be called names or attacked for the choice. Some people like nice cars,boats,bikes,clothes or houses etc… to each his own.

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2023, 02:58:06 AM »
Luxury watches are worthless. The only people who are impressed by them are watch people. Hear me, I speak for the sensible people, we do not care about your dumb Rolex. No one can tell it’s a Rolex and we do no care. They are big ugly sundials and a joke. Absolute joke. The majority of us feel it should be removed from your wrist and smashed with a mallet. Not to mention you are walking around with a billboard inviting people to rob or shoot you for your watch. It’s also really really sad when you see YouTubers purposely showing their luxury watch on their wrist while they’re driving with 1 hand while vlogging.

If you need a watch, then get a classic style timex or fossil. Watches should only be used as a tool for keeping track of time.

Also, perhaps the idiot on here that can’t handle his worthless monthly subscription service to butcher box should use a watch to remind him of when it’s time to cancel the recurring charge.

You really are a miserable bastard aren’t you? I thought I was bad but you are out there.

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2023, 02:58:26 AM »

^broke loser alert. Stop deflecting, Gene. It makes you look like a little bitch.

dknole

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2023, 05:58:01 AM »
I like watches, but am not a collector. Had Movado and Rolexes, now have a Cartier (https://www.cartier.com/en-us/watches/collections/santos-de-cartier/santos-de-cartier-watch-CRWSSA0018.html) - was a gift from the boss for 10 years of service (all employees received) - does this hold value or accrue value over time or loss in value?

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2023, 06:33:53 AM »
I like watches, but am not a collector. Had Movado and Rolexes, now have a Cartier (https://www.cartier.com/en-us/watches/collections/santos-de-cartier/santos-de-cartier-watch-CRWSSA0018.html) - was a gift from the boss for 10 years of service (all employees received) - does this hold value or accrue value over time or loss in value?

I’m a big fan of that Cartier. That’s a nice looking watch. They hold value about as well as omega and breitling. But it’s a nice watch all the same.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2023, 07:53:58 AM »
^broke loser alert. Stop deflecting, Gene. It makes you look like a little bitch.
have fun with the depreciation and paying for maintenance
w

mops

• Getbig IV
  • Never make snow angels in a dog park
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2023, 08:00:26 AM »
I’m a big fan of that Cartier. That’s a nice looking watch. They hold value about as well as omega and breitling. But it’s a nice watch all the same.

Cartier often gets written off as a fashion brand for selling jewelry, perfumes, leather goods etc., but the Cartier 'Santos-Dumont' was probably the first ever functional pilot's watch in History.

Louis Cartier offered to make a wristwatch for his buddy, aviation pioneer Alberto-Louis Santos Dumont, when the latter complained about the pain in the ass of checking his pocket watch while flying -he constantly needed to keep his hands on the aircraft's controls.

As a world celebrity, Santos played a pivotal role in popularizing the wristwatch as a man’s watch. Before that, wristwatches were exclusively worn by women. Their dresses did not include pockets, so obviously, pocket watches were not an option and were traditionally considered men's items anyway.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2023, 08:06:29 AM »

You should mind your tone when speaking to GB's current PoTY.
Y

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2023, 09:09:13 AM »
Cartier often gets written off as a fashion brand for selling jewelry, perfumes, leather goods etc., but the Cartier 'Santos-Dumont' was the first functional pilot's watch in History ( 1904).

Louis Cartier decided to make a wristwatch for his buddy, aviation pioneer Alberto-Louis Santos Dumont, when the latter complained about the pain in the ass of checking his pocket watch while flying ( he constantly needed to keep his hands on the aircraft's controls.)

As a world celebrity, Santos played a pivotal role in popularizing the wristwatch as a man’s watch. Before that, wristwatches were exclusively worn by women ; their dresses did not include pockets, so obviously, pocket watches were not an option and were traditionally considered men's items anyway.

Thank you for that interesting story.

wazhazbin

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2023, 11:28:16 AM »
Thank you for that interesting story.

lease a car for $800 a month and people admire you. 

money gone forever.

buy a nice watch that is worth more next year?? ridiculed on here.

buy properly and you are literally being paid to wear it.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2023, 11:58:42 AM »
Why does this woman have such hairy wrists?  ??? ???
                    Probably Whoremones.    ;D ::) :o :D :)
F

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2023, 01:19:18 PM »
lease a car for $800 a month and people admire you. 

money gone forever.

buy a nice watch that is worth more next year?? ridiculed on here.

buy properly and you are literally being paid to wear it.

Exactly. Weird place haha.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2023, 01:24:14 PM »

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2023, 03:23:54 PM »
have fun with the depreciation and paying for maintenance

Nothing screams room temperature IQ like talking about depreciating values in the same thread with actual charts detailing their value.

Anywho, it’s your business how ever you decide to spend your EBT income.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2023, 06:39:16 AM »
Nothing screams room temperature IQ like talking about depreciating values in the same thread with actual charts detailing their value.

Anywho, it’s your business how ever you decide to spend your EBT income.
nothing screams room temp IQ as a watch lover who thinks they’re part of the elite members of society. Yes, the sacred and heroic watch lovers. We are all so proud of you and your incredible sundials.

Truly, luxury watches are absolutely the biggest piles of garbage available to purchase. Absolutely worthless as an investment. Most lose up to 50% value per year and you won’t break even after 10 long miserable years. It’s akin to a car losing value after you drive off the lot. But your fancy little sundial will actually depreciate and lose MORE value than a car the first year. And then if you don’t perform the stupid maintenance in a certain way, the pile of junk will also lose more value as a result. Imagine having to plan your life around when to maintain your stupid wrist sundial.

You become a walking billboard for getting robbed. Numerous stories of people being shot and having their hands chopped off in home invasions where the robbers were after the home owners luxury watch. Numerous jewelers have been brutally killed when the robbers stole the luxury watches. Numerous stories of people being assaulted and beaten into a coma because the assailants were after the luxury watch. Luxury watch wearers are seen as outsiders and lepers in society. Average people can’t relate to them and don’t want to relate to them. Average joe doesn’t even notice a luxury watch. So keep walking around with a huge Rolex. You’re the only person that knows it exists. Luxury watch manufacturers are laughing at all the suckers. The majority of luxury watches being sold are made from such recycled garbage that it’s laughable about how much the pricing is jacked up to take advantage of watch lovers.
w