Author Topic: Roland Kickinger left Germany so that he could be trained by Mike Mentzer  (Read 3747 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
▫️

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
can you find the preface to mentzers heavy duty 1 where he says he took arron baker from a soft 205 to a ripped 254?

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
can you find the preface to mentzers heavy duty 1 where he says he took arron baker from a soft 205 to a ripped 254?

I will find it

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
▫️

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
dont start with this fucking Mentzer shit again
I only took you off ignore yesterday

One more Mentzer post and you are back on again

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
And all it got him was a role on “Son of The Beach”.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
And all it got him was a role on “Son of The Beach”.

Don’t forget he played young Arnold alongside Bobby Chick in See Arnold Run!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Might be an unpopular opinion, but Mentzer actually was ahead of the game back then.   I had seen interviews, clips, read second hand stories about him.  But then last month when he was plastered all over the board, I looked for a free download of his work.  He had the Heavy Duty system/book at (I believe) 68 pages.  And about 20 of those were photos.  And he had a nutrition book that was about 14 pages.

Reading these took one night.  And he was really down to earth and common sense principled about his system.  It made a lot of sense.  I mean, you couldn't really disagree with it.

Now, that said.... I don't think the Heavy Duty is for everyone.  Mainly for two reasons. 
1)  You need a training partner for each workout.  Most of us train by ourselves on our own time.  But you will need assistance.
2)  The actual workout program for the chest, quads, and back would require you to reserve two different machines at once in a gym.  That really doesn't go well because most gyms keeps their machines separate from their free weights.  So after warming up on the incline, you would head to the pec deck, warm up there and then proceed with the first half of your superset which afterwards you would run back to the incline and pray no one had taken it.  Same way with quads, warm up on leg press, then go to leg extensions, warm up there, do your working set, partials, 20 second lock out hold, and run back to the leg press hoping no one plopped down on it.

It's amazing after reading this that I thought back to the people that claimed they trained Heavy Duty style, when in fact they didn't.   Rich Piana absolutely butchered the program when he talked about training "the Mentzer way".  I wonder if any of those people actually read the book.

Taking into consideration his drug use, downward spiral (Tom Platz once claimed he came across Mentzer sleeping in a filthy gutter and then he came to the gym and started tearing his photos off the walls), I honestly believed that if had stayed clean and lived a bit longer that he would have refined the Heavy Duty even further to something even better.  But we will never know.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Heavy Duty can work so long as you take a shitload of steroids.  But that's pretty much true of an training routine, i.e., take the drugs and lift the weights and then eat food and rest.  Drugs make it all work a LOT faster and the result of drugs plus sound eating and training is that you get a whole lot bigger and stronger much, much faster.

I've seen Arnold off drugs. He's just okay.  I've seen lots of the '70s guys off drugs.  They had good builds but with drugs and that genuine foundation they were just better than anyone else.  Drugs.  It does a body(builder) bigger. 

Even on H.I.T.  Take away their mother's little helpers and they are just above average in some cases.    I don't care at all for today's bodybuilders because they are all muscularly obese.  Gross.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Re: Roland Kickinger left Germany so that he could be trained by Mike Mentzer
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2024, 10:04:57 PM »
Might be an unpopular opinion, but Mentzer actually was ahead of the game back then.   I had seen interviews, clips, read second hand stories about him.  But then last month when he was plastered all over the board, I looked for a free download of his work.  He had the Heavy Duty system/book at (I believe) 68 pages.  And about 20 of those were photos.  And he had a nutrition book that was about 14 pages.

Reading these took one night.  And he was really down to earth and common sense principled about his system.  It made a lot of sense.  I mean, you couldn't really disagree with it.

Now, that said.... I don't think the Heavy Duty is for everyone.  Mainly for two reasons. 
1)  You need a training partner for each workout.  Most of us train by ourselves on our own time.  But you will need assistance.
2)  The actual workout program for the chest, quads, and back would require you to reserve two different machines at once in a gym.  That really doesn't go well because most gyms keeps their machines separate from their free weights.  So after warming up on the incline, you would head to the pec deck, warm up there and then proceed with the first half of your superset which afterwards you would run back to the incline and pray no one had taken it.  Same way with quads, warm up on leg press, then go to leg extensions, warm up there, do your working set, partials, 20 second lock out hold, and run back to the leg press hoping no one plopped down on it.

It's amazing after reading this that I thought back to the people that claimed they trained Heavy Duty style, when in fact they didn't.   Rich Piana absolutely butchered the program when he talked about training "the Mentzer way".  I wonder if any of those people actually read the book.

Taking into consideration his drug use, downward spiral (Tom Platz once claimed he came across Mentzer sleeping in a filthy gutter and then he came to the gym and started tearing his photos off the walls), I honestly believed that if had stayed clean and lived a bit longer that he would have refined the Heavy Duty even further to something even better.  But we will never know.

Why the mile long “explanation”? 

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2024, 10:06:22 PM »
Thickest bodybuilder ever??

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2024, 10:59:50 PM »
Was stack was 200 mgs deca every 10 days and 25 mgs dbol daily

King Zane was 100 mgs PRIMO weekly and 15 mgs dbol daily suprised it was dbol var would have been better

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2024, 11:06:27 PM »
Don’t forget he played young Arnold alongside Bobby Chick in See Arnold Run!

hahaa, he was so hilariously bad in that movie. His scenes came across like a f*ing SNL sketch (while he was "acting" for his life :D)

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2024, 01:46:41 AM »

I honestly think it was Bakers gear cycle that took him to 254. Just sayin...

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2024, 01:53:10 AM »
Roland knew excellence when he saw it.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2024, 04:33:03 AM »
hahaa, he was so hilariously bad in that movie. His scenes came across like a f*ing SNL sketch (while he was "acting" for his life :D)

Haha brutal yet true!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2024, 06:03:27 AM »

Why the mile long “explanation”?

Was it too long for you read?

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2024, 12:31:01 PM »
                                 Roland NEVER trained with Mike by Mike or for Mike.  It was a photo shoot that he got PAID to do!!   Does this ass clown understand anything about bodybuilding?  Do you think the magazines were real?  That each month the pros showed how they trained and things?  It was all FAKE and for sales!! Kids and idiots believe that shit.   They get paid to be used for the photos and that is it!! Notice the GOLDS gym attire?  Normally methhead wears his "heavy duty" sweatshirt to hide his fat non weight trained body but this time it was golds( and Roland too)
                                      Roland trained at WORLDS gym NOT golds!! Problem was Joe Gold didn't let these fake ass muscle mags use his gym to do photo shoots ( sometimes he would but most of the time he wouldn't just depended on who and why) Arnold trained at WORLDS gym too ( not at first because there wasn't any world gyms)In fact Joe wouldn't let certain photographers even come in his gym! Mike was NOT allowed in WORLDS gym!! In fact for awhile he wasn't even allowed to go into Golds or be on their property!! But after he got out of the mental institution he begged them to let him film training videos etc there but they had to wear golds gym attire etc.  He never was allowed to personal train there either that is why he did "phone consultations". He was a loon!

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2024, 02:35:41 PM »
                                 Roland NEVER trained with Mike by Mike or for Mike.  It was a photo shoot that he got PAID to do!!   Does this ass clown understand anything about bodybuilding?  Do you think the magazines were real?  That each month the pros showed how they trained and things?  It was all FAKE and for sales!! Kids and idiots believe that shit.   They get paid to be used for the photos and that is it!! Notice the GOLDS gym attire?  Normally methhead wears his "heavy duty" sweatshirt to hide his fat non weight trained body but this time it was golds( and Roland too)
                                      Roland trained at WORLDS gym NOT golds!! Problem was Joe Gold didn't let these fake ass muscle mags use his gym to do photo shoots ( sometimes he would but most of the time he wouldn't just depended on who and why) Arnold trained at WORLDS gym too ( not at first because there wasn't any world gyms)In fact Joe wouldn't let certain photographers even come in his gym! Mike was NOT allowed in WORLDS gym!! In fact for awhile he wasn't even allowed to go into Golds or be on their property!! But after he got out of the mental institution he begged them to let him film training videos etc there but they had to wear golds gym attire etc.  He never was allowed to personal train there either that is why he did "phone consultations". He was a loon!

Another unhinged rant.

Mods please ban this Phaggit

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2024, 01:04:44 AM »
I guess Roland wasn't smart enough to simply read any of hundreds of articles Mike wrote. They were all exactly the same.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2024, 01:09:38 AM »
Another unhinged rant.

Mods please ban this Phaggit

yep

he's a piece of fucking shit and i'd enjoy nailing him with hard bodyshots

make him wince in pain and fear

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2024, 02:19:53 AM »
I guess Roland wasn't smart enough to simply read any of hundreds of articles Mike wrote. They were all exactly the same.

Humble Narcissist is RMJ11... bigbychoices... and about 40 other accounts

Mods... get his IP Address and ban this psychopath

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2024, 08:13:51 AM »
Humble Narcissist is RMJ11... bigbychoices... and about 40 other accounts

Mods... get his IP Address and ban this psychopath

Ok, based on your past gimmick guesses, we can safely assume that Humble Narcissist is anyone but RMJ11, bigbychoices, or 40 other accounts.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2024, 09:20:47 AM »
Ok, based on your past gimmick guesses, we can safely assume that Humble Narcissist is anyone but RMJ11, bigbychoices, or 40 other accounts.

U always get VERY VERY defensive when the subject of gimmicks come up.

We all know why.