Author Topic: Weights & cardio and resting heart rate  (Read 2900 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: Weights & cardio and resting heart rate
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2024, 05:59:49 PM »
There’s a reason every boxing champion throughout History has done long slow distance running, Roadwork. There’s a reason marathon runners run 100 miles a week. Aerobic training is high-volume training. You can’t get it in one minute.

https://evolve-mma.com/blog/watch-an-inside-look-at-undefeated-boxing-world-champion-floyd-mayweather-jr-s-training-routine-videos/

To build his cardiovascular fitness, Mayweather runs 5-8 miles a day. Unlike other boxers, Mayweather prefers to run late at night, at 1 am. In an interview, Mayweather admitted that he preferred training late at night.

It's called base training and aerobic athletes do it 80% of the time

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2024, 06:03:15 PM »
My understanding of the PHA system is that Bob Gadja believed the upper & then lower body should be trained thus pushing blood through the whole body.
He believed the body has many valves that push blood up to the upper body & lower body, this would make sense as people with bad "valves" in the lower legs get Varicose veins.

AJ's Nautilus circuit training is basically PHA training

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2024, 08:02:39 PM »
Bodybuilders and lifters seem to have a hard time understanding aerobic training. I did too, when I first started. I would always run hard. It’s counterintuitive that moderate intensity exercise for an extended period would have any benefits, but that’s how the aerobic system works. The overload is in the form of volume/duration, running at the same pace for 30min as opposed to 20min.

I understand but the premise was that weights is not only not exercise but is bad for you, BS.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2024, 12:21:30 AM »
Look up PHA Training

https://ditillo2.blogspot.com/2014/02/setting-up-specialized-pha-program-bob.html
I do PHA training if I'm feeling a little overtrained as it seems to help me recover faster.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2024, 03:19:35 AM »
The healthiest thing for the heart is not to stress it. Simple. Like with everything else in our body. If you think you are going to make your hearth healthier by exercising you are wrong. The more u use it the sooner you lose it

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2024, 03:32:17 AM »
The healthiest thing for the heart is not to stress it. Simple. Like with everything else in our body. If you think you are going to make your hearth healthier by exercising you are wrong. The more u use it the sooner you lose it

you are wrong.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2024, 03:34:01 AM »
you cant damage a healthy heart, you will gas out before it gets over worked, thats how a healthy cardio vascular system works

Do you think driving a car around at 5 mph all the time is good for the engine?

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2024, 04:04:02 AM »
  Why exercise at all? The couch potatoes have it all figured out. :-\

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2024, 06:34:46 AM »
The human heart is truly amazing. You see all these disgusting fat slobs who don’t exercise or pay the slightest bit of mind to diet yet their heart keeps beating non stop for 60 even 70+ years before giving out.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2024, 06:43:14 AM »
The human heart is truly amazing. You see all these disgusting fat slobs who don’t exercise or pay the slightest bit of mind to diet yet their heart keeps beating non stop for 60 even 70+ years before giving out.

are those 60-70 years (which is not a long enough life imo) full of blissful joyful vitality, the bliss and joy one obtains through conscious and dynamic movement? Hardly.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2024, 06:56:25 AM »

genetics play a big part in your longevity. my resting heart rate is 48, and all I do is 15 minutes on the exercise bike and some [very little] walking.
F

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2024, 07:02:30 AM »
are those 60-70 years (which is not a long enough life imo) full of blissful joyful vitality, the bliss and joy one obtains through conscious and dynamic movement? Hardly.

No, but their hearts keep beating anyway.

There are people who make it to over 100. What man-made machine can operate that long without servicing?

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2024, 07:23:42 AM »

genetics play a big part in your longevity. my resting heart rate is 48, and all I do is 15 minutes on the exercise bike and some [very little] walking.

Thats great Funk, wishing you long and happy longevity...

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2024, 11:42:51 AM »
you are wrong.

What is so healthy about exercising/weight training?  It's unnecessary stress on the body. And don't tell me we do it for our health lol. We are all narcissists here

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2024, 11:45:13 AM »

What is so healthy about exercising/weight training?  It's unnecessary stress on the body. And don't tell me we do it for our health lol. We are all narcissists here

narcissisits who never show a pic of thier incredible bodies?

not a chance bro

most here look like dogshit I AM SURE

and a true narcissisits would plaster thier photos all over the board ;)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2024, 11:52:41 AM »

This is just factually incorrect.

There are many positives to being strong and in shape, it's not even deniable.
Y

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2024, 12:18:46 PM »
This is just factually incorrect.

There are many positives to being strong and in shape, it's not even deniable.

Not talking about extremes like pro cycling or bodybuilding but for thousands of years exercise has been used to prolong life.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2024, 01:07:24 PM »

There was actually a recent study released on strength training prolonging life which is making the news cycles.

https://www.jacc.org/doi/10.1016/j.jacc.2023.12.019

During 4,911,178 person-years of follow-up, there were 39,935 all-cause deaths including 11,670 cardiovascular deaths. Regular leisure-time physical activity compared with inactivity was associated with 24% (HR: 0.76; 95% CI: 0.73-0.80) and 15% (HR: 0.85; 95% CI: 0.82-0.89) lower risk of all-cause mortality in women and men, respectively (Wald F = 12.0, sex interaction P < 0.001). Men reached their maximal survival benefit of HR 0.81 from 300 min/wk of moderate-to-vigorous physical activity, whereas women achieved similar benefit at 140 min/wk and then continued to reach a maximum survival benefit of HR 0.76 also at ∼300 min/wk. Sex-specific findings were similar for cardiovascular death (Wald F = 20.1, sex interaction P < 0.001) and consistent across all measures of aerobic activity as well as muscle strengthening activity (Wald F = 6.7, sex interaction P = 0.009).

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2024, 01:08:46 PM »
cardio is better for longevity and your health than weight training

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2024, 01:49:59 PM »
In moderation. Competetive long distance runners have sorter lifespans. Theres studies showing that they do damage to their heart by overstressing it.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2024, 01:51:55 PM »
In moderation. Competetive long distance runners have sorter lifespans. Theres studies showing that they do damage to their heart by overstressing it.

yep but they are seriously over-trained

4 hours of cardio per week is ideal it seems

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2024, 02:12:05 PM »
yep but they are seriously over-trained

4 hours of cardio per week is ideal it seems

Yeah, this will get you the Lion’s share of the adaptations. Pro runners need to squeeze out every last bit and as a result they do alot to get that last bit.

For running, about 45 min seems to be the sweet spot.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2024, 02:24:18 PM »

Not really.

Sacropenia causes falls, and remaining strong is most important.

Regardless, there's no reason not to do both.
Y

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2024, 02:40:53 PM »

Weight/strength training does far more to protect an individual from Metabolic Disorders than cardio.

MarvinEderFan

• Getbig III
  • m
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2024, 12:03:45 AM »
What's the normal resting heart rate for men in their late 30s / early 40s? Isn't it 72 or 73 or so?