Author Topic: Weights & cardio and resting heart rate  (Read 2901 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: Weights & cardio and resting heart rate
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2024, 12:09:13 AM »
Weight/strength training does far more to protect an individual from Metabolic Disorders than cardio.

cardio is much much better for ones mental health

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2024, 12:39:05 AM »
cardio is better for longevity and your health than weight training
Do both.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2024, 12:49:30 AM »
cardio is much much better for ones mental health

That's specific to an individual. Some people love the runners high and some people love the pump.

BTW you're gonna make a great PT  or whatever it is you're doing :P

MarvinEderFan

• Getbig III
  • m
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2024, 12:58:14 AM »
I think we've established to do both

My Q is: What experience do you guys have reducing resting HR by adding a good deal of cardio (like zone 2 stuff)?

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2024, 01:21:59 AM »

My Q is: What experience do you guys have reducing resting HR by adding a good deal of cardio (like zone 2 stuff)?

Study stimulating the parasympathetic nervous system.

Breathing exercises and things like yoga can lower resting heart rate. Kinda boring though. I just do incline and decline (backwards) walking on a manually powered treadmill as it's good for the knees whilst also focusing on breathing. 2 birds, 1 stone.

Zone 2 stuff will achieve what you're looking for though without you having to actively focus as much on breathing.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2024, 02:37:19 AM »
That's specific to an individual. Some people love the runners high and some people love the pump.

BTW you're gonna make a great PT  or whatever it is you're doing :P

my market will be men who want to have a very high Adonis Ratio ie. tiny waist with broad wide shoulders but i need to find a marketer to get me biz coz i am clueless how to do this

but once i get peeps signed up it's a done fucking deal as i guar-fucking-tee results

i have seen trainers in pew sa, poland, ukraine and russia train thier clients and NOT ONE OF THIER CLIENTS MAKE ANY CHANGES EVER

what-the-flying-fuck!!!

the only trainer besides myself i saw EVER CHANGE A CLIENTS BODY was.... Mike Davies in cbus, he actually changed his clients bodies ONLY FUCKING HIM :D :D :D

whoever hires me will get wider shoulders and a smaller waist ;)

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2024, 04:23:29 AM »
my market will be men who want to have a very high Adonis Ratio ie. tiny waist with broad wide shoulders but i need to find a marketer to get me biz coz i am clueless how to do this

but once i get peeps signed up it's a done fucking deal as i guar-fucking-tee results

i have seen trainers in pew sa, poland, ukraine and russia train thier clients and NOT ONE OF THIER CLIENTS MAKE ANY CHANGES EVER

what-the-flying-fuck!!!

the only trainer besides myself i saw EVER CHANGE A CLIENTS BODY was.... Mike Davies in cbus, he actually changed his clients bodies ONLY FUCKING HIM :D :D :D

whoever hires me will get wider shoulders and a smaller waist and creeped the fuck out ;)
fixed

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2024, 09:21:20 AM »

I typically run 30-40 miles a week. I’ve always had a pretty low resting HR, combo of working out, genetics and not being a fat fuck. If I’m sitting around, it’s usually in the 40s. Without the running it would probably be in the 50s.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2024, 09:40:01 AM »
I typically run 30-40 miles a week. I’ve always had a pretty low resting HR, combo of working out, genetics and not being a fat fuck. If I’m sitting around, it’s usually in the 40s. Without the running it would probably be in the 50s.

what kinda times you running? mile per minute pace

no one told you when to run you missed the starting gun

OH FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! SON OF A FUCKING BITCH!!!!!!!!!!

IMA GONNA USE THIS TUNE NEXT BNP SESSION AND FUCKING SMASH THROUGH DELTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK FUCK FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHOULDERS UP ONE FUCKING FULL INCH IN 3 FUCKING DAYS 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2024, 09:46:40 AM »
what kinda times you running? mile per minute pace

no one told you when to run you missed the starting gun

OH FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! SON OF A FUCKING BITCH!!!!!!!!!!

IMA GONNA USE THIS TUNE NEXT BNP SESSION AND FUCKING SMASH THROUGH DELTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK FUCK FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHOULDERS UP ONE FUCKING FULL INCH IN 3 FUCKING DAYS 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

My 5K pace these days is about 6:30 which is about 5:15 age graded at 200lbs. I’m about 180-185 now.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2024, 09:52:03 AM »
My 5K pace these days is about 6:30 which is about 5:15 age graded at 200lbs. I’m about 180-185 now.

that's a good strong pace

i'm impressed 8)

when i was a 14 year old freshmen running XC i lowered my 2 mile time from 13:30 to 12:00

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2024, 10:18:01 AM »
Y

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2024, 10:19:43 AM »

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2024, 10:23:52 AM »

I am having trouble finding zone 2.

It could be that I am coming back from injury and just starting out.

Before injury, I was misinformed a bit in the running world, because it was a supplement to my training, not the focus.  I rarely ran more than 5 miles, but I felt if I went over an 8 minute pace, I wasn't "working".....after reading through injury, zone 2 training sounds not only a bit better, but more enjoyable.  I am trying to mix in zone 2, with sprints, and rucking, in addition to weight training.

Given that, it's hard for me to slow down.

Last week I jogged at a 10 min mile for 4.5M and stayed on the phone with someone the whole time, talking regulary.  Thought i had it, but was in Zone 3 the whole time, albeit near the low bottom range.

This Sat I did 4, but it was hilly and rocky, so I ended up in Zone 4.  Then I walked two for the remainder and was in zone 1.

Yesterday, wife wanted a walk so I figured adding a 35lb ruck might get me into zone 2, but I stayed in one.

My question is - should I eliminate all variable and just run on a track extremely slow - like 12/13 min miles?  Is there a method to getting there.  It may sound dumb, but running slow to me is hard - my body doesn't want to do it.
Y

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2024, 10:28:03 AM »
running 12-13 min miles ???

i can walk at that pace chief :D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2024, 10:47:08 AM »
running 12-13 min miles ???

i can walk at that pace chief :D

If I need advice on shitty food, gay meal  terminology, upper body training 7x a week, inconsistent drug use, youtube influencer faggotry, or the ability to hold an erection while surrounded by 10 sweaty fat hairy erect serbian slobs, I'll reach out to you.

Otherwise, just let TL answer the question.

I know the pace is ridiculously slow, I think my question to him explains the ask.

Chief.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2024, 01:11:13 PM »
If I need advice on shitty food, gay meal  terminology, upper body training 7x a week, inconsistent drug use, youtube influencer faggotry, or the ability to hold an erection while surrounded by 10 sweaty fat hairy erect serbian slobs, I'll reach out to you.

I know the pace is ridiculously slow, I think my question to him explains the ask.

Chief.

Ha! ;D

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2024, 01:17:51 PM »

Chief.

;D

9.5/10

i've almost got the gear protocol honed to perfection

i'll have it fully figured out within 4 weeks MAX

already know my test dose WILL ALWAYS BE 250 WEEKLY, NO MORE AND NO LESS

still perfecting the VAR dosage

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2024, 03:44:40 PM »
I am having trouble finding zone 2.

It could be that I am coming back from injury and just starting out.

Before injury, I was misinformed a bit in the running world, because it was a supplement to my training, not the focus.  I rarely ran more than 5 miles, but I felt if I went over an 8 minute pace, I wasn't "working".....after reading through injury, zone 2 training sounds not only a bit better, but more enjoyable.  I am trying to mix in zone 2, with sprints, and rucking, in addition to weight training.

Given that, it's hard for me to slow down.

Last week I jogged at a 10 min mile for 4.5M and stayed on the phone with someone the whole time, talking regulary.  Thought i had it, but was in Zone 3 the whole time, albeit near the low bottom range.

This Sat I did 4, but it was hilly and rocky, so I ended up in Zone 4.  Then I walked two for the remainder and was in zone 1.

Yesterday, wife wanted a walk so I figured adding a 35lb ruck might get me into zone 2, but I stayed in one.

My question is - should I eliminate all variable and just run on a track extremely slow - like 12/13 min miles?  Is there a method to getting there.  It may sound dumb, but running slow to me is hard - my body doesn't want to do it.

The general rule of thumb about easy pace running is that you should be comfortable enough to speak in full sentences. If you can’t, it’s too fast.  Personally, I’m a feel runner. Wrist based heart monitors can sometimes be off.

Another approach is to do a one mile time trial. Take that time and add  3 minutes. That is the middle of your zone 2 or easy run pace range. So if you can run a 6 min mile, ~8:40-9:20 is your easy range.

Here’s a five miler I recently did on the Mill. These days my one mile pace is in the 5:40s.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2024, 05:50:00 PM »
The general rule of thumb about easy pace running is that you should be comfortable enough to speak in full sentences. If you can’t, it’s too fast.  Personally, I’m a feel runner. Wrist based heart monitors can sometimes be off.

Another approach is to do a one mile time trial. Take that time and add  3 minutes. That is the middle of your zone 2 or easy run pace range. So if you can run a 6 min mile, ~8:40-9:20 is your easy range.

Here’s a five miler I recently did on the Mill. These days my one mile pace is in the 5:40s.

Thank you.  I did talk comfortably once for the entire hour, but still was three...could have been the hills.

I will try your rule of thumb next run.

Thank you for the help.
Y

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2024, 07:08:07 AM »
What's the normal resting heart rate for men in their late 30s / early 40s? Isn't it 72 or 73 or so?
just checked mine it´s 54, basically most people in the age groups mentioned if non trained but still in an active job should be in the 60s-70s although can be higher depending.
serious runners will be -54

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2024, 07:31:50 AM »
Doing lots of cardio won't make you live longer.

Might even make you live shorter.

If aerobic endurance is your goal then do it.

https://upgradedhealth.net/the-hidden-truth-about-cardio/

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2024, 07:45:26 AM »
Doing lots of cardio won't make you live longer.

Might even make you live shorter.

If aerobic endurance is your goal then do it.

https://upgradedhealth.net/the-hidden-truth-about-cardio/

well even your iron Guru vince Gironda did cycle for cardio, of course in weight training there is methods such as PHA training.

However the best exercise is walking as the human body was made to do this since we stand upright although we still have weak lower backs.
Over the years i have absorbed so much information about these basic subjects but i do remember a good report from a Professor who was an ex runner who explained why walking was best for a human being

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2024, 09:12:39 AM »
I dont do gym cardio, its fucking boring

I should do more cardio excercise because I gas easily, then again I have just blown up 28lbs in a short period of time

Going to drop some weight and get my health markers in check, my BP is 140/102

Will drop to 200lbs and start walking more often, even try some HIT cardio

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2024, 09:36:28 AM »
I dont do gym cardio, its fucking boring

I should do more cardio excercise because I gas easily, then again I have just blown up 28lbs in a short period of time

Going to drop some weight and get my health markers in check, my BP is 140/102

Will drop to 200lbs and start walking more often, even try some HIT cardio
obviously you know this is too high as you are no fool & train for competitions.
The best cardio is on a bike at a moderate to high intensity, in other words good old "Fartlek" training..mix it up
just my opinion but knowing you ..you´re probably taking the piss  ;)