In 2018 While still in elementary school Austin was arrested? Are we sure this is correct?
I’m no fan of CBS but I don’t think they would open themselves to litigation by publishing an easily-disproved claim like that. Some people are just pieces of shit, even as elementary school children

It appears that he won't spend close to that long in prison.
Sure, which I also think is fair. 18-20years in prison for 2nd deg murder committed as a teenager is reasonable to me. Others may disagree.
Crazy how all that information was hidden from the court and public during the entire trial and mysteriously popped up now that he's begging for a new trial.

If anything it makes him look even more guilty.

It wasn’t hidden from the court, though? Prosecutors and his defense attorney made an agreement not to talk about either person’s history during the trial. I know nobody reads anything anymore but cmon, this was the third sentence in the article.
Personally I think this makes his defense attorney look incompetent. Who would agree to that??