Author Topic: world record standing press (500x3)  (Read 2940 times)

MAXX

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 17966
  • I wanna be big like Kovacs
world record standing press (500x3)
« on: August 30, 2026, 12:50:25 AM »


holy permabulk thou  :D
1

Stephano

  • Getbig IV
  • ****
  • Posts: 1614
Re: world record standing press (500x3)
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2026, 02:26:20 AM »
Is this a joke?


rocket

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 11216
Re: world record standing press (500x3)
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2026, 02:35:13 AM »
I've followed him for quite some time. 

He's fat.  He knows it.  He doesn't give a shit, he's just going hard on the strength.  He has a sense of humour about it.

I'm almost jealous.  I'd love to just completely give up and chase strength.

MAXX

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 17966
  • I wanna be big like Kovacs
Re: world record standing press (500x3)
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2026, 02:36:46 AM »
1

US MUSL

  • Getbig IV
  • ****
  • Posts: 1456
  • Getbig!
Re: world record standing press (500x3)
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2026, 03:13:57 AM »
Bodyweight press for 3 reps.

BB

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 18635
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Re: world record standing press (500x3)
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2026, 03:47:32 AM »
One of these things is not like the other -

.

.

The guy's strong, World class even, but I'm pretty sure many of the Olympic lifters and strongmen could probably match his press out of rack.

joswift

  • Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 39920
Re: world record standing press (500x3)
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2026, 07:02:18 AM »
hes still the fat sweaty bastard at the party with 4 plates of buffet piled on his gut while everyone else looks at him in disgust

chaos

  • Moderator
  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 64842
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: world record standing press (500x3)
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2026, 08:08:33 AM »
A bunch of half rep rack presses now counts as a "strict" standing press? LOL
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Stephano

  • Getbig IV
  • ****
  • Posts: 1614
Re: world record standing press (500x3)
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2026, 11:32:31 AM »
what gives?

See:

A bunch of half rep rack presses now counts as a "strict" standing press? LOL

Those weren't even half reps.  Range of motion was like six inches, lol.

ALSO he was wearing some serious equipment.  There was at least a heavy-duty belt to help him lean back without crushing his lower back, and something around his elbows. 

Also it was funny how the video cut away from his knees when he was pressing.  He could have been using a leg assist on those "strict presses".