Author Topic: Modern US Education  (Read 5496 times)

Kwon

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 56677
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
Modern US Education
« on: September 01, 2026, 03:02:40 AM »
Q

Humble Narcissist

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 37890
Re: Modern US Education
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2026, 07:48:27 AM »
They have to be faking or just high as fuck. A person that stupid wouldn't even be able to pay the rent.

SF1900

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 50371
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Modern US Education
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2026, 07:51:24 AM »
A lot of these videos are highly edited and don't show the people who answered correctly.

Everything on the internet is fake and modified, etc.
X

Humble Narcissist

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 37890
Re: Modern US Education
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2026, 07:55:09 AM »
A lot of these videos are highly edited and don't show the people who answered correctly.

Everything on the internet is fake and modified, etc.
Yeah, they probably interviewed 100 people.

jude2

  • Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 12271
  • Getbig!
Re: Modern US Education
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2026, 05:36:18 PM »
They are a lot of really dumb people out there.

Coach is Back!

  • Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 64044
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Modern US Education
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2026, 06:35:09 PM »
This doesn’t surprise me. Example, most if not all of the high school districts in California are using Krugman’s Economics books in AP classes. I saw it first hand when I was a HS coach. Krugman is a known socialist (along with Robert Reich). So if you want to know why are kids are economically retarded look no further than Krugman

ProudVirgin69

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 8240
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
Re: Modern US Education
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2026, 04:02:24 AM »
This doesn’t surprise me. Example, most if not all of the high school districts in California are using Krugman’s Economics books in AP classes. I saw it first hand when I was a HS coach. Krugman is a known socialist (along with Robert Reich). So if you want to know why are kids are economically retarded look no further than Krugman

Can you list an example of a socialist view he espouses?

funk51

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 44647
  • Getbig!
Re: Modern US Education
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2026, 07:55:45 AM »
F

IroNat

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 44085
  • Vote Republican to Save America!
Re: Modern US Education
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2026, 12:19:16 PM »
A lot of these videos are highly edited and don't show the people who answered correctly.

Everything on the internet is fake and modified, etc.

Nooo!

Rambone

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 26234
  • is on a business trip
Re: Modern US Education
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2026, 12:33:45 PM »


Modern US education

Stephano

  • Getbig IV
  • ****
  • Posts: 1614
Re: Modern US Education
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2026, 02:46:57 PM »
This doesn’t surprise me. Example, most if not all of the high school districts in California are using Krugman’s Economics books in AP classes. I saw it first hand when I was a HS coach. Krugman is a known socialist (along with Robert Reich). So if you want to know why are kids are economically retarded look no further than Krugman

Did you even watch the video?  Literally none of the questions are about economics.  It's all like first-grade math and history.  "Who was the first president of the USA?" is not an economics question, lol

Coach is Back!

  • Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 64044
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Modern US Education
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2026, 02:49:00 PM »
Did you even watch the video?  Literally none of the questions are about economics.  It's all like first-grade math and history.  "Who was the first president of the USA?" is not an economics question, lol

I did. I used Krugman as an example of failed public education

Stephano

  • Getbig IV
  • ****
  • Posts: 1614
Re: Modern US Education
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2026, 02:50:52 PM »
I did. I used Krugman as an example of failed public education

The video's on elementary school.  You're talking high school. 

Van_Bilderass

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 20115
  • "Don't Try"
Re: Modern US Education
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2026, 03:33:26 PM »
I don't know shit about economics but I often see claims that economics as a field is a pseudoscience. AI says economics is best classified as a social science. It says models often dismiss vital ecological and social factors as mere "externalities." It's not just math and complex math is often used to disguise ideology. Thoughts?

Humble Narcissist

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 37890
Re: Modern US Education
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2026, 06:33:50 AM »
I don't know shit about economics but I often see claims that economics as a field is a pseudoscience. AI says economics is best classified as a social science. It says models often dismiss vital ecological and social factors as mere "externalities." It's not just math and complex math is often used to disguise ideology. Thoughts?
This is why no economist is consistently right with their predictions. Nassim Nicholas Taleb wrote a great book about this: Fooled By Randomness: The Hidden Role Of Chance In Life And In The Markets.

Van_Bilderass

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 20115
  • "Don't Try"
Re: Modern US Education
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2026, 08:06:01 AM »
This is why no economist is consistently right with their predictions. Nassim Nicholas Taleb wrote a great book about this: Fooled By Randomness: The Hidden Role Of Chance In Life And In The Markets.

I've been meaning to listen to his audiobooks for the longest time. I know he's talked about deadlifts a lot so he must be an allright fella :D

Humble Narcissist

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 37890
Re: Modern US Education
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2026, 09:58:24 AM »
I've been meaning to listen to his audiobooks for the longest time. I know he's talked about deadlifts a lot so he must be an allright fella :D
Yeah, he loves to lift but just does singles.

MajorDomo

  • Getbig IV
  • ****
  • Posts: 1405
Re: Modern US Education
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2026, 10:10:51 AM »
Lots of high schoolers and college students are stupid as fuck. That's not "highly edited"

https://sfstandard.com/opinion/2026/08/15/uc-berkeley-sat-test-blind-admissions-math-scores/

"A well known University of California-Berkeley mathematics professor has slammed admissions standards at the top-flight university — where she says huge portions of her students are failing to keep up with college calculus and she’s forced to teach middle-school algebra and fractions to students.

“Some students are five to eight years behind in mathematics. Office hours that should be spent discussing integrals instead become lessons on fractions and basic algebra you would expect students to learn in middle school,” wrote Zvezdelina Stankova, of UC Berkeley, in an op-ed piece on Saturday for the San Francisco Standard."

https://www.nytimes.com/2025/11/06/learning/what-students-are-saying-about-the-decline-in-high-school-reading-skills.html

“The reading skills of American high school seniors are the worst they have been in three decades, according to new federal testing data,” Dana Goldstein writes in “Reading Skills of 12th Graders Hit a New Low.” The results, from the National Assessment of Educational Progress, showed that a third of the 12th graders who were tested did not have basic reading skills.



joswift

  • Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 39920
Re: Modern US Education
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2026, 10:52:18 AM »
the biggest argument against having a democratic voting system is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.

Van_Bilderass

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 20115
  • "Don't Try"
Re: Modern US Education
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2026, 07:51:13 PM »
Yeah, he loves to lift but just does singles.

For real? :D Just like me in the past. At my biggest and strongest I did 10 total reps on the deadlift once a week, warm-ups included. Nothing else. Just a lot of gear :D

Seems the above clip is from Fox news? Must be highly reality based then.

Coach is Back!

  • Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 64044
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Modern US Education
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2026, 08:45:40 PM »
For real? :D Just like me in the past. At my biggest and strongest I did 10 total reps on the deadlift once a week, warm-ups included. Nothing else. Just a lot of gear :D

Seems the above clip is from Fox news? Must be highly reality based then.

 Now you “can’t” work and bed ridden. What happened?

Stephano

  • Getbig IV
  • ****
  • Posts: 1614
Re: Modern US Education
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2026, 02:47:31 AM »
Yeah, he loves to lift but just does singles.

He doesn't even look like he lifts.  Atrocious physique -- fat gut with stick limbs and a jolly, red, round face. 

This is why I keep telling people: Don't focus on deadlifts if your goal is to look good!  It's retarded!  You're unironically 1000x better off with half the effort on the chest press machine, lat pulldown, cable crossover, Nautilus Nitro bicep curl machine, etc.  I'm dead serious about this.

joswift

  • Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 39920
Re: Modern US Education
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2026, 02:59:53 AM »
He doesn't even look like he lifts.  Atrocious physique -- fat gut with stick limbs and a jolly, red, round face. 

This is why I keep telling people: Don't focus on deadlifts if your goal is to look good!  It's retarded!  You're unironically 1000x better off with half the effort on the chest press machine, lat pulldown, cable crossover, Nautilus Nitro bicep curl machine, etc.  I'm dead serious about this.

I do the same routine now when I go to the gym
Straight arm pulldowns, side laterals with a 5k plate, tricep rope ext, machine chest press, few dips and pull ups, one arm bicep preacher curls , I just do moderate weights and do alternate sets like a circuit

Legs I just do leg press leg ext leg curls

I look better than 80% of the people in the gym and Im 61


Simply no need to be huffing and puffing with huge weights

Humble Narcissist

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 37890
Re: Modern US Education
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2026, 07:31:58 AM »
He doesn't even look like he lifts.  Atrocious physique -- fat gut with stick limbs and a jolly, red, round face. 

This is why I keep telling people: Don't focus on deadlifts if your goal is to look good!  It's retarded!  You're unironically 1000x better off with half the effort on the chest press machine, lat pulldown, cable crossover, Nautilus Nitro bicep curl machine, etc.  I'm dead serious about this.
He doesn't care about looking good. He's a multimillionaire.