Author Topic: Trail Blazers fire new announcer over social media posts he made as a teen  (Read 154 times)

Dos Equis

  • Moderator
  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 69564
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
This is crazy.  I know I said stupid stuff when I was 14 and 15. 

Bunch of virtue-signaling hypocrites.  And the person who dug this stuff up and got him fired is a real punk.   

Trail Blazers fire new announcer hours after hiring him over social media posts he made as a teen
Braiden Bell was let go on Thursday shortly after being hired; the team says it has 'zero tolerance for racist, sexist or harmful comments'
By Sam Quinn
Oct 2, 2026
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/blazers-fire-new-announcer-hours-after-hiring-him-braiden-bell/

funk51

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 44656
  • Getbig!
This is crazy.  I know I said stupid stuff when I was 14 and 15. 

Bunch of virtue-signaling hypocrites.  And the person who dug this stuff up and got him fired is a real punk.   

Trail Blazers fire new announcer hours after hiring him over social media posts he made as a teen
Braiden Bell was let go on Thursday shortly after being hired; the team says it has 'zero tolerance for racist, sexist or harmful comments'
By Sam Quinn
Oct 2, 2026
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/blazers-fire-new-announcer-hours-after-hiring-him-braiden-bell/
     
1                 that's the trouble now days everything is on a text or on a video. big brother is watching us.
F

IroNat

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 44103
  • Vote Republican to Save America!
"I would not belong to any club that would have me as a member."  -- Groucho Marx

funk51

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 44656
  • Getbig!
"I would not belong to any club that would have me as a member."  -- Groucho Marx
 
    9 minutes groucho comes out of the closet.  ;D ;D ;D
F

Grape Ape

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 28097
  • SC è un asino
I read the tweets.

As far as "racist" tweets go, it was pretty weak on that scale.  He said "asian people annoy me" or something, and said some quotes about sluts and whores.

But companies need to stop letting this shit happen and apologizing, because it fuels the next thing.  Just look at the recent "racist" converse ad.

The Trailblazers could have said "We are unhappy that we missed this on our initial screening, and obviously the views express are not what our team is about.  However, given that these were posted when he was 15, we believe this does not define his entire career after....He has agreed to undergo sensitivity training......yada yada.

Then, he could have apologized on his first broadcast, and nobody would care after.  The folks bitching about this don't buy tickets or merch anyway.

Y

chaos

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 64860
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
I read the tweets.

As far as "racist" tweets go, it was pretty weak on that scale.  He said "asian people annoy me" or something, and said some quotes about sluts and whores.

But companies need to stop letting this shit happen and apologizing, because it fuels the next thing.  Just look at the recent "racist" converse ad.

The Trailblazers could have said "We are unhappy that we missed this on our initial screening, and obviously the views express are not what our team is about.  However, given that these were posted when he was 15, we believe this does not define his entire career after....He has agreed to undergo sensitivity training......yada yada.

Then, he could have apologized on his first broadcast, and nobody would care after.  The folks bitching about this don't buy tickets or merch anyway.

You lost me here. The Trailblazers could have just said "so what, he was a kid, fuck off" and watched the world burn. Cancel culture bullshit needs to die, it's ridiculous.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Grape Ape

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 28097
  • SC è un asino
You lost me here. The Trailblazers could have just said "so what, he was a kid, fuck off" and watched the world burn. Cancel culture bullshit needs to die, it's ridiculous.

Yes, that is the sentiment they could convey, but obviously would not word it that way.

Carolla put it perfectly.....ff to 1:29

Y

illuminati

  • Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 27470
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
I read the tweets.

As far as "racist" tweets go, it was pretty weak on that scale.  He said "asian people annoy me" or something, and said some quotes about sluts and whores.

But companies need to stop letting this shit happen and apologizing, because it fuels the next thing.  Just look at the recent "racist" converse ad.

The Trailblazers could have said "We are unhappy that we missed this on our initial screening, and obviously the views express are not what our team is about.  However, given that these were posted when he was 15, we believe this does not define his entire career after....He has agreed to undergo sensitivity training......yada yada.

Then, he could have apologized on his first broadcast, and nobody would care after.  The folks bitching about this don't buy tickets or merch anyway.



They could've also said if you don't like / can't deal with what he
posted at 15 Go Fuck yourselves - Toughen up, it won't kill you
& he is entitled to his opinion which maybe different to yours.
Tough luck.

Grape Ape

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 28097
  • SC è un asino


They could've also said if you don't like / can't deal with what he
posted at 15 Go Fuck yourselves - Toughen up, it won't kill you
& he is entitled to his opinion which maybe different to yours.
Tough luck.

I agree with what you and whoever is running the chaos account today said.

But I also know they'd never put it that way, so was trying to give a plausible way they might do it.

But the bottom line is they should not apologize.  I think Target, Converse, and the Trail Blazers all said something about "doing better", which is wrong.  The clip I posted sums it up better.

Y

chaos

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 64860
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
I agree with what you and whoever is running the chaos account today said.

But I also know they'd never put it that way, so was trying to give a plausible way they might do it.

But the bottom line is they should not apologize.  I think Target, Converse, and the Trail Blazers all said something about "doing better", which is wrong.  The clip I posted sums it up better.
Nobody is watching your videos funkApe51. ;D ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Grape Ape

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 28097
  • SC è un asino
Nobody is watching your videos funkApe51. ;D ;D

Maybe I should have added the same old Kash Patel and Mitch McConnell gifs to draw attention.
Y