Author Topic: JR NATIONALS  (Read 6144 times)

babydoc

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
JR NATIONALS
« on: May 21, 2006, 08:32:22 PM »
All right...who's going?  Competing? 

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
Re: JR NATIONALS
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 11:57:56 AM »

It's going to be a good time and a good show. I'm not competing but I will be there in full effect! I know Jennifer Cowan is competing...I believe 'C class figure'. She's going to do well...

Thats a good time to be in Chicago for the weekend...good weather, and lots going on. Anyone who reads this and needs a gym to visit or train at for a day or two...PM me. I run the best little hardcore gym in town...20 minute drive from Jr Nats but will be worth the trip.
?

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 01:27:42 PM »
B-Class...thanks Block I hope I do ;D
Jennifer

Amanda1

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 05:07:42 PM »
All right...who's going?  Competing? 
I'm missing this one but hopefully will make it to Figure Nationals at TU.  :(

NPCOK

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 08:32:57 AM »
My wife and I will be competing...she is in fitness short class. This is her second year competing. She did the show last year and placed 3rd. She worked with Jen Hendershott this year and will have a very good routine(I know I'm biased) There are some pics on her website from last year, but she has made a lot of improvements since then. (www.breeanrobinson.com) She has a break before getting ready for Nationals in Miami this fall, and I will take off until next year at the USA to add some mass and move up a weight class...looking forward to some Chicago style pizza Saturday night ;D

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 09:36:54 AM »

Chicago has the best food in the whole world PEROID! Too bad people out of state or out of the city know of good Chicago style pizza as the big corporate chain style places...

I wish you knew of the little mom/pop hole in the wall places in the INNER-city...I swear it would cause you to move here.

Anyone going to Jr. Nats and/or competing need a place to train? PM me...

Otherwise 'World Gym' would be the closest place...or 'X-Sport-Niles'.
?

NPCOK

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 05:01:33 AM »
What is the best place to eat pizza there...we went to Gino's East last year I think....

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 07:32:53 AM »
Giorodano's stuffed pizza is by far the best pizza I have EVER had
Jennifer

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 11:09:54 AM »

Thats because you live in SUBURBIA...holla!

Best Pizza known to mankind is 'Phil's Pizza'. It's on the southside of Chicago...maybe 5-6 blocks WEST of where the White Sox play...its a little shack type of place...looks like a run down little jip-joint.

HOWEVER...the place is open everyday from 5pm-midnight. There is no other 'corporate chain'...it is th eonly one. Run by an old man named...'Phil' since the early 80's. To open your own place with that particular recipe...you by law with a lawyer present...and contracts signed...have to take it out of state and never ever give the recipe out.

They also have a system where you can order a frozen pizza from them to ship it out of state...everyone I know who once lived in Chicago or visits her often from out of state...go to Phil's and have one sent to their state or taken on the plane with them.

The southside is LITTERED with little tiny mom/pop places that blow all corporate chain places out of the water. Not so much on the northside...the SOUTHSIDE!

Only a 20 minute drive from JR NATS...a 5 minute drive from my gym...think about it!
?

NPCOK

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 12:43:04 PM »
Good lookin out...I'll have to try that....last year my wife stayed and talked to the judges to see what they wanted her to work on before her next show and by the time we got out of there it was really late and the only place open was either...that gioradono's or gino's east...I remember everybody talking about both places and can't remember which one we went to (also did plenty of drinking that night..lol) , but I've had better "Chicago style pizza" at this place called Salvastono's here in Tulsa, Ok...

NPCOK

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 12:45:01 PM »
We are going to stay an extra day or two to just have some fun since we'll both have a break before dieting again. We planned on going to see the Magnificent Mile on Sunday...what are some good places to eat around there?

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 12:55:02 PM »

No way...out of the limits of the city of Chicago itself...it cant make those claims of 'Chicago Style'. I take pride in this let me tell you...hahaha!

Good to hear about the extended stay. From where Jr. Nats is at...it depends on what you have a taste for. You want to try that pizza and believe me it will be worth it...Phils Pizza is pretty close to where the White Sox play...3500 S Halsted Ave. Its literally a little shack.

Downtown Chicago? Well the 'MagMile' is on Michigan Ave...lots of nice architecture(sp?) and places to shop. Real pretty around there. To eat? It's mostly corporate-chain type places to be honest. Try this...

You'll see CHICAGO AVE. When you are at the intersection of CHICAGO/MICHIGAN...walk WESTBOUND until you see 'ORLEANS AVE'...its about 5-6 blocks down I believe...you'll see a joint called 'MR. BEEF'. Get a beef sandwich...Jay Leno always proclaims 'MR BEEF' is the best place to eat in the entire city...FYI.

Introduce yourself at JR NATS...I'll be there representing. Look for the PRIDE NUTRITION booth and ask anyone there where 'TheBlockHead' is...either I'll be there with them or be hovering around close...they'll point me out. Holla!
?

NPCOK

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 04:46:05 PM »
Thanks for the info...I'll stop by and say hello. I actually have talked with Frank quite a bit in the past. I carried his products in my studio for quite awhile he seems like a good guy.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 05:32:12 PM »

STella...chill out! All those places are going to take NPCOK to the bank...

Go w/ 'MR BEEF' or travel down to Bridgeport and have some Phil's Pizza. Holla!

Small world...I didnt know that. Frank Boscoe is one helluva guy. Pride makes good products. Thier protein is awesome...so is their creatine product. Look me up...Frank is a friend of mine. Rock on!
?

NPCOK

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2006, 01:22:32 PM »
We eat at the cheescake factory and grand lux every time we are in Dallas (which is almost every weekend when we're not dieting) and we love them both! Grand Lux used to have these jelly doghnut pancakes...they are probably the worst thing you could find nutritionally without going to the fair, but they are were sooo good, and those bastards took them off the menu >:(  I would like to try some stuff that I can't really get everywhere else (chicago style food) or good places that are local or whatever. We have some really nice steak/seafood restaurants here, and I've been dieting for quite awhile, so I'm looking for some greasy rebellion! lol

avacowan

• Competitors II
  • Getbig I
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2006, 07:29:02 PM »
Hello I will be at Junior Nationals, and most importantly came to see where to eat afterwards.  Looks like Phil's.   ;D

nikki

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2006, 02:34:56 PM »
I'll miss you guys this year......good luck everyone!

Kevin Creegan

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2006, 03:36:18 PM »
I just want to wish Dr. Sandy Thomas good luck this weekend you go girl and I cant wait till you come back down with all of those cokies you've promised!  Go rock the house with your fierce bod and smokin routine! Love ya girl Kevin
Create a beautiful day!

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2006, 03:44:04 PM »

Tell Dr. Sandy to visit the Pride Nutrition booth! Thats where the 'cool kids' will be hanging out...
?

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2006, 04:40:06 PM »
Hello I will be at Junior Nationals, and most importantly came to see where to eat afterwards.  Looks like Phil's.   ;D

Im thinking if Phil's is near Sox park............you may not wanna be there late at night.  What kind of hood we talking about here Block?  Safe for some out of town white folks?

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2006, 05:02:00 PM »

Bridgeport. The neighborhood is fine...I'm talking WEST of where the Sox play...not EAST.

3600 S Halsted Ave.

I'm gonna have a few people chip in and I'm picking 2 or 3 JUMBO's...I'll have it by the PRIDE booth Saturday night.

Feel free to drop by and get your grindage on...you to, Ava...
?

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2006, 06:15:07 PM »
Thats right people head AWAY from the lake!  ;D

genex

• Getbig III
  • check out genex magazine on FTVideo.com!
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2006, 10:20:30 PM »
Hey Ava, nice pic there - those abs are looking nice.

See ya here this weekend!

gene

avacowan

• Competitors II
  • Getbig I
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2006, 09:30:55 PM »

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2006, 11:46:59 PM »