Author Topic: Ipod ?'s  (Read 10244 times)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Ipod ?'s
« on: May 26, 2006, 06:36:57 AM »
So I want some tunes for the gym.   Should I just go with the Ipod Shuffle, or say what the hell and go for the Nano? I probably will only use it at the gym so maybe the shuffle is more than sufficient?

And how do you get the songs on em?  How much are the songs?

clueless   ???

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Re: Ipod ?'s
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 06:39:10 AM »
The fascination with Ipod's is nothing more than a fad.

There are MP3 players that are just as good if not better for a lot less money. And you won't be stuck using Itunes.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 07:24:38 AM »
The fascination with Ipod's is nothing more than a fad.

There are MP3 players that are just as good if not better for a lot less money. And you won't be stuck using Itunes.

no kidding, i got the wife a mp3 player for next to nothing and since i have over 500 cd's she has all the music she wants for free no downloading.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 07:31:51 AM »
They even now make them in the shape of a gun! ;D ;D ;D

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 07:42:19 AM »
lololz @ flip   

so any recommendations for a cheap one? 

You can get them now for anywhere between $50 to as high as $299, but make sure of a couple of things:
1. That it's easy to upload music. If you've never done it, it does take some time and if you have one that's complicated to do this, you would have wasted your money. Buy it at Circuit City or Bestbuy because they have 30 return policies for ANY reason except destruction.

2. Make sure you like how it is strapped or clipped to your clothing or body. Last thing you want is the thing getting in the way while you workout.

3. Find out where you are going to upload your music from. Most people get it from the internet, others download their cd's to their computer then upload it to their mp3 player. Don't pay too much for membership to a download site. Anything over $10.00 per month in my opinion is too much.

Last but not least, make sure you DO NOT wear it it while you mow the lawn because you sound destructive whilst you do it!! ;D

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 08:03:32 AM »
They are simple.  USB connect to your computer and it's just like another hardrive. 

Who pays to download music???  So much free online, there is no reason to pay. 
BKS - Guardian of Truth

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 08:05:26 AM »
Flower, call me when you get it. I'll help you with limewire
$

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 09:09:10 AM »
The  Ipod Shuffle is like $69.    I have no clue on how any of them are downloading wise, but I would like it to be simple.   ::)

As you noted the shuffle is $69.  If a player is much cheaper than that, it’s probably not a good product.  And no other player can offer the integration of player to iTunes.  Critics like to talk about being locked into iTunes or being forced to download music. Both gripes are silly. 

I’ve been using iTunes for 6 years and I’ve purchased less than 10 songs in all that time.  My ipod has more than 1300 song songs it.  You can use and enjoy itunes and your ipod with all your existing CDs or any CD you borrow from a friend without ever purchasing a song or videos on the music store.

Being locked into itunes is like being locked into a BMW or Mercedes.  Sure there are other brands and platforms but why would you want less than the best?  It’s a free download for god’s sake! 

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Download it now… load a few CDs into it and sample it.  If you like the interface and find it intuitive you’ll like the ipod as well. 

Remember, Apple is known for simplicity and ease of use; no one has ever said that about owning a PC.  That itunes is available for Macs and PCs gives PC users a taste of what Apple users have always enjoyed.  There is probably an Apple store near you.  Visit one and see it all in action if you are the least bit anxious about installing anything new on your current PC.

btw, there is still tons of free music to be downloaded on services like limewire.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 09:46:56 AM »
Get an iPod. There is a reason they are so popular.Seamless integration with the Apple Music Store. iTunes is the best software around. WMP sucks in comparison.The scroll wheel is great. iPods outsell any other player by a margin of more than 20 to 1. iPods in fact outsell the rest of the digital music players COMBINED by a wide margin.
The House that Ruth built

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2006, 10:33:30 AM »
Ipods don't work with Windows ME.  :(

Woe unto you!  :'(

Are there (m)any players and jukeboxes that work with ME?  What is the benefit of ME over Win 2000 or XP?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2006, 10:34:13 AM »
The  Ipod Shuffle is like $69.    I have no clue on how any of them are downloading wise, but I would like it to be simple.   ::)

I would not wear it mowing the lawn, I need to be undistracted.
    ;D

Bought the wife a 1gig shuffle.....she loves it.......the 512 mb holds about 30-35 3 minute songs and the 1 gig is twice that.....she loves it and it works well whether she's liftin weights, on a stairmaster or in one of her cardio classes.   Anything compatible will be perfect for you!  

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2006, 11:13:10 AM »
I'll say it again, Ipod's especially the shuffle (which offers no screen) are no better than any other brand name MP3 player. The fascination with Ipod's is a fad and contrary to popular beliefs being locked into Itunes isn't a good thing. The only thing I like about Ipod's is the scroll wheel, that's it.

I have a Samsung YP-T7, it's 1 GB. It's tiny, sounds great, it couldn't be easier to use or download and organize songs on. It reads Word and Excel files, JPEG's, it has an FM reciever and it's a voice recorder. It comes with a belt clip, loop to wear around your neck and quite a few attachments. I think I paid $154 for it about 18 months ago. Oh and the ear buds are excellent, the sound quality is also excellent.

I promise you Ipods offer no real benefit over a good quality name brand MP3 player. Just make sure the drive is flash based and not hard disk based.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2006, 11:20:50 AM »
I'm so confused     ???

Someone go get me one and put some songs on it and send it to me.

k thanks.
     :)

How much do you want to spend?

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2006, 11:25:41 AM »
I'm so confused     ???

k thanks.

This blonde moment has been captured and brought to you by the BKS.  :)
BKS - Guardian of Truth

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2006, 11:34:36 AM »
I'm so confused     ???

k thanks.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2006, 11:35:59 AM »

Burger King Sandwiches? 

if you have to ask ..your not in the circle....if you know then hail Re:delete BKS for life..

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2006, 11:38:25 AM »
uhm...........$100 or so   I just want it for the gym    :-\

and I have Windows ME    so it has to work with that. 

Your biggest issue is going to be finding one that works with ME. Time to upgrade your OS.

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2006, 11:40:58 AM »
Flower:  "what's an OS?  ???"
BKS - Guardian of Truth

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2006, 11:42:32 AM »
Flower:  "what's an OS?  ???"

<hand in air> oh i know pick me pick me.....

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2006, 11:50:29 AM »
Operating System.   And no, I am not upgrading.     ::)

unless it is free

and someone does it for me     ::)

Good thing you got that one out of the way...Whew. :)
BKS - Guardian of Truth

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2006, 11:52:03 AM »
Operating System.   And no, I am not upgrading.     ::)

unless it is free

and someone does it for me     ::)

Ms flower when you finish pooping do you ask for help...for free..:)

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2006, 12:04:02 PM »
That's some expensive shit!  ;D
BKS - Guardian of Truth

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2006, 12:07:22 PM »
I have an OS.  I am not going to go buy a different one so I can have an Ipod.

that'd be really silly   :)

And no, it is not free to wipe my ass.  I charge $12.95
   ;D

Upgrading your OS isn't just about an MP3 player.

ME is based on ancient architecture.

Windows XP is going to be second class in a few months. I'm installing Vista right now.

With an old OS your limited in many areas.

You might start having problems finding drivers for printers and scanners and any other new hardware you buy.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2006, 12:16:08 PM »
I have an OS.  I am not going to go buy a different one so I can have an Ipod.

that'd be really silly   :)

And no, it is not free to wipe my ass.  I charge $12.95
   ;D

i did not think its cost to wipe you butt i figured you would just ask someone else to go for you and wipe it also. but 12.95 is steep does that include anything in the price or just the 2 ply shuffel?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2006, 01:35:42 PM »
I'll say it again, Ipod's especially the shuffle (which offers no screen) are no better than any other brand name MP3 player. The fascination with Ipod's is a fad and contrary to popular beliefs being locked into Itunes isn't a good thing. The only thing I like about Ipod's is the scroll wheel, that's it.

I have a Samsung YP-T7, it's 1 GB. It's tiny, sounds great, it couldn't be easier to use or download and organize songs on. It reads Word and Excel files, JPEG's, it has an FM reciever and it's a voice recorder. It comes with a belt clip, loop to wear around your neck and quite a few attachments. I think I paid $154 for it about 18 months ago. Oh and the ear buds are excellent, the sound quality is also excellent.

I promise you Ipods offer no real benefit over a good quality name brand MP3 player. Just make sure the drive is flash based and not hard disk based.

You’re not making a lot of sense.  I don’t know anyone who buys an mp3 player because it can read Word, Excel, or JPEG files.  Would anyone even want to use/read such files on a tiny screen?  I have never before even heard of opening those files as a criteria for choosing an mp3 player.

Flower has said she wants to spend $100.  A product that sells for $154 is not much good to her. For that amount of money she would be looking at an ipod Nano ($149)—not an ipod Shuffle and a the Nano has a crisp color screen and is a flash based player.

No one who will be listening to his/her own CD library is locked into itunes.  CDs can be ripped over and over again into any format or any player one may choose in the future.

One does need itunes to use an ipod, but I hasten to add that I used itunes for 2 years before the ipod was even introduced/invented.  With a good set of speakers attached to your computer, you can use and enjoy itunes and never own a ipod.

Going with a shuffle will give Flower access to the music store which—in addition to selling music—has a huge library of podcasts from broadcasters like NPR, ESPN, the New York Times, NBC News, VH1, ABC News, and literally hundreds of others.  Looking for your favorite (explicit) comedy skit/show?  You can get it as a free podcast at itunes  Audiobooks?  Itunes has them too.  Ipod or Samsung?  The choice is a no brainer.

Upgrading your OS isn't just about an MP3 player.
ME is based on ancient architecture.
Windows XP is going to be second class in a few months. I'm installing Vista right now.
With an old OS your limited in many areas.
You might start having problems finding drivers for printers and scanners and any other new hardware you buy.

All true.  You might think you’re happy with ME but if you want to do things and can’t because you’re on an ancient OS then maybe you’re not as happy as you think you are.  If I had my druthers I’d put you on an iMac but if you’re gonna be on Windows at least get the modern OS.  Btw, the imac can run Windows now too.

http://www.macworld.com/news/2006/04/05/bootcamp/index.php

Using Win ME begs the question: how old is your computer?  Sounds like you really need to visit an Apple store.  :-\