Author Topic: New Gold's Gym In Mississauga???  (Read 7923 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
New Gold's Gym In Mississauga???
« on: May 29, 2006, 04:57:17 AM »
Hey guys, do any of you know of the new Gold's Gym being opened up in Mississauga, Ontario on Cawthra Road near Dundas Street? I heard that Henderson Thorne will be running it. I also heard that the owner will be taking all the equipment and dumbbells with him from the old Golds which is now called "The Gym". I sure hope this is true because we are in desperate need of a good hardcore gym in this part of town. Way to many "fitness centers" and mickey mouse gyms. Anyone heard of this?

PB

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: New Gold's Gym In Mississauga???
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 01:03:20 PM »
We need a good hardcore gym in Vaughan, Ontario.  Why does the Toronto area have no big gym names like Golds, World's and Powerhouse gym.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 05:12:12 PM »
Hey guys, do any of you know of the new Gold's Gym being opened up in Mississauga, Ontario on Cawthra Road near Dundas Street? I heard that Henderson Thorne will be running it. I also heard that the owner will be taking all the equipment and dumbbells with him from the old Golds which is now called "The Gym". I sure hope this is true because we are in desperate need of a good hardcore gym in this part of town. Way to many "fitness centers" and mickey mouse gyms. Anyone heard of this?

PB
Easy to find out. Just phone a nutrition store (not like a vitamin store but a more hard-core one) in Mississagua. One of the dudes (they're all lifters) working there will give the low down.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 04:48:35 AM »
We need a good hardcore gym in Vaughan, Ontario.  Why does the Toronto area have no big gym names like Golds, World's and Powerhouse gym.

Actually there is a Strictly fitness up there around the dufferin and steeles area. They have a lot of equipment. As far as atmosphere and how good the equipment is though I am not sure. Try it out for a week.

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 05:36:40 AM »
i did, not bad, just not really hardcore.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 05:41:06 AM »
i did, not bad, just not really hardcore.
If you get stuck here are some hardcore gyms that I know of.
1.Bodyworks (the old Powerhouse in Brampton, 410 & steeles)
2.Players (the old World Gym in Toronto, Weston Rd & Wilson)
3.The Gym (the old Gold's Gym in Mississauga, Dixie Rd & Burnamthorpe Rd...bare in mind that this gym and equipment will be moving to the new Gold's opening up in the Cawthra & Lakeshore area in Mississauga)
4. Fitness 365 (the old Monster Gym in Etobicoke, Martin Grove & 401)
Venice (the old Powerhouse in Scarborough, not sure of the area).

I hope this can be of help. It is really difficult to find a good hardcore gym now. I personally cannot stand the Premier/Curzons/Bally's gyms. They are sadly wayoverpriced and they just cannot accomadate a person who takes there training at a higher level. Try them out.

PB

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 01:19:24 PM »
Thank you very much Playboy, I am familiar with most of them.  Have you heard of Core Fitness Center?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 05:46:55 PM »
Thank you very much Playboy, I am familiar with most of them.  Have you heard of Core Fitness Center?
Never heard of Core Fitness Centre. Any good?

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 06:03:16 PM »
I went there the other day.....Awesome equipment! .lots of hamer strength equipment, but only 2 squat racks.  Trained at fitness 365, good atmosphere, older equipment, not many Hammer Strenth.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2006, 05:10:58 AM »
I went there the other day.....Awesome equipment! .lots of hamer strength equipment, but only 2 squat racks.  Trained at fitness 365, good atmosphere, older equipment, not many Hammer Strenth.
It's official, the new Gold's Gym in mississauga will be opening in a few weeks. It is located on Cawthra Rd just before the Queensway on the right hand side. Dumbbells range from 2.5 - 200lbs. Hardcore bigtime. Thank God for finally producing a good gym in this part of town. Now I can train in peace.

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2006, 01:05:40 PM »
It's official, the new Gold's Gym in mississauga will be opening in a few weeks. It is located on Cawthra Rd just before the Queensway on the right hand side. Dumbbells range from 2.5 - 200lbs. Hardcore bigtime. Thank God for finally producing a good gym in this part of town. Now I can train in peace.

Now I don't have to drive to Buffalo to get a Gold's Gym T-shirt.

bicepsforyou

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2006, 07:16:20 AM »
golds gym is the best
"Mystery Is Life"

bigfisk

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2006, 05:56:21 PM »
If your looking for a hordcore gym don't hold outfor a golds. A new one opened in Vancouver and they come yell at you if you let your dumbells down too hard.

bicepsforyou

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006, 07:21:22 AM »
I think golds gym is the best
"Mystery Is Life"

bigfisk

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006, 08:48:15 PM »
I think golds gym is the best

depends which one. there is one here that is pretty hardcore and this one I am talking about is like a family fitness centre. seems like the newer the gym though the more fluffy it is.