Author Topic: H.S.T. - Hypertrophy Specific Training, anyone tried it?  (Read 1989 times)

wygy

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
H.S.T. - Hypertrophy Specific Training, anyone tried it?
« on: May 31, 2006, 06:01:17 AM »
Hey gents, wondered if anyone had tried HIT, what were your thoughts/results on this training technique?

wygy

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: HST
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 08:16:20 AM »
Actually HST, apologies  ???, i confused the two concepts,Ive just been given an HST programme from the pt at gym and just wanted to check if it was worth dedicating the next 12 weeks to this programme

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
Re: H.I.T
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 06:49:31 PM »
just do it

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: HST
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 09:20:03 PM »
Hey gents, wondered if anyone had tried HIT, what were your thoughts/results on this training technique?

Go back and edit your original post's subject line and you'll get more responses.

Actually HST, apologies  ???, i confused the two concepts,Ive just been given an HST programme from the pt at gym and just wanted to check if it was worth dedicating the next 12 weeks to this programme

Yes. Very worthwhile.
Post the plan for review.
Learn as much as you can before starting so YOU know - don't rely on getting everything from the trainer.

:

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
Re: H.I.T
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 09:23:57 PM »
Very good program, perfect for newbies especially. Good luck with the 15 rep phase  ;D
follow the arrows

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: H.S.T. - Hypertrophy Specific Training, anyone tried it?
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 11:54:11 AM »

I've used it for over a year, and I think it's the best protocol I've tried so far. Have no plans of using anything else when training for mass.

One thing to keep in mind, is that you should always only use ENOUGH WEIGHT to stimulate muscle growth, which means a slightly different mindset.

You don't go all out until the 5th or 6th workout in each minicycle.

I think another thing to keep in mind, is to keep the workouts fairly short and sweet. But I'm sure your trainer has it all figured out.

Any personal trainer who puts their client on an HST layout has my respect. Definitely. 8)

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: H.S.T. - Hypertrophy Specific Training, anyone tried it?
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 11:57:37 AM »
Another thing, you may feel funny during the first workout in the 15's, because you are handling extremely light weights, but don't worry. We all go through that..

Make sure to take around 9-12 days off from all kind of weight training before getting on this protocol.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise