Author Topic: RICH "ACE" FRANKLIN  (Read 6675 times)

gymrat75

• Getbig III
RICH "ACE" FRANKLIN
« on: May 31, 2006, 08:23:25 PM »
Do you think he could take Chuck Lidell if he moved back up to light heavy weight? The guys is just dominating!

FSUFan

• Getbig II
Re: RICH "ACE" FRANKLIN
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 08:50:26 PM »
Do you think he could take Chuck Lidell if he moved back up to light heavy weight? The guys is just dominating!

Yes.

I think he is more well rounded than Liddell, but if Liddell caught him with a few it'd be hard to recover. I have seen Rich recover very quickly though.

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 10:18:16 PM »
I really think Rich is at the top of his game, but Chuck is on an entirely different planet imo!

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 08:46:13 AM »
RIP Bob Probert

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 08:54:44 AM »
Franklin is amazing, very well rounded but fighting Liddell is an entirely different beast.

I don't see him winning, Liddell is far too powerful a puncher and his sprawling skills a incredible.

As good as Franklin is he's not on Liddell's level.

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 09:06:57 AM »
Liddell would win.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 08:47:29 PM »
there's a reason he dropped down to middleweight which makes less than light heavyweights

he didn't think he could beat chuck or randy

E
E

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 05:07:11 AM »
Wonder where he got the nickname "Ace" from? He does favor Jim Carrey = Ace Ventura. I could see his buds giving him sh*t about that one and he just rolled with it and kept "Ace!"

I like Rich's game, very well rounded champion.

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006, 07:33:05 AM »
Wonder where he got the nickname "Ace" from? He does favor Jim Carrey = Ace Ventura. I could see his buds giving him sh*t about that one and he just rolled with it and kept "Ace!"

I like Rich's game, very well rounded champion.

That is where he got it, from Ace Ventura pet detective... Or so he said in a recent interview.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2006, 01:36:39 PM »
Franklin has an amazing recovery rate and has dominated  just about everybody he has been against. He has improved to a point where he is now as close to unbeatable at MW as can be. However Chuck has KO power in both hands, elbows, knees and feet and would simply maul him. There isnt a guy i can think of right now that would beat Chuck Liddell, especially if he is on his game. When Joe Rogan said he had the power to knock out a horse he wasnt lying
Scouser on Tour

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2006, 03:41:58 PM »
I think there are plenty of pride middleweights that would beat liddell

E
E

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2006, 04:07:44 PM »
I think Lidell is overrated. I don't think he'll last long. I think he would get killed in Pride. He doesn't have a very good stand-up defense(his defense against take-downs is superb), and he just throws a barrage of power hits until something connects. Someone will figure out his game and take him out. The quality of fighters in the UFC isn't very good IMO.
"Shut the F up and train"

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2006, 06:46:25 PM »
I think Lidell is overrated. I don't think he'll last long. I think he would get killed in Pride. He doesn't have a very good stand-up defense(his defense against take-downs is superb), and he just throws a barrage of power hits until something connects. Someone will figure out his game and take him out. The quality of fighters in the UFC isn't very good IMO.

I agree entirely. In Pride Lidell would not be a champion.
TEAM REPTILIAN

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2006, 08:43:33 PM »
How true. Lidell would not last a round in Pride.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2006, 02:15:22 AM »
ring wouldnt suit him as good as a cage but he would be up there with the best. i think chuck would win a re-match against rampage. chuck ko'ed renato sebral in 2003 who later went and won against mauricio shogun rua... so the difference isnt as big as you make it seem.
wanderlei would probably wanna stand toe to toe and fight then he would be in trouble. and arona would have to take chuck down.
Z

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2006, 05:56:41 PM »
chuck would be a serious threat to any pride light heavyweight - rampage beat him true - but i would pick chuck in a rematch - just my 2 cents  ;D

Chuck did beat some top level fighters over past few years and won

Randy Couture twice
Tito Ortiz
Jeremy Horn
Renato Sobral
Vitor Belfort

not bad for being overrated
RIP Bob Probert

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2006, 05:58:58 PM »
chuck would be a serious threat to any pride light heavyweight - rampage beat him true - but i would pick chuck in a rematch - just my 2 cents  ;D

Chuck did beat some top level fighters over past few years and won

Randy Couture twice
Tito Ortiz
Jeremy Horn
Renato Sobral
Vitor Belfort

not bad for being overrated

All poor strikers with the exception of Belfort(sort of......he doesn't kick)

Put him against a good striker and he'll lose sooner than later.
TEAM REPTILIAN

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2006, 06:02:48 PM »
no kidding - every striker will lose sooner or later
ask Cro-cop
RIP Bob Probert

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2006, 11:45:11 AM »
he beat them and won? What the fuck does that mean lol

Chuck in the octagon would beat any guy Pride has to offer, even if he has to lose to them on another night. Randy set the standards for "dirty" boxing so you cant say he is a poor striker. Vitor is probably the best striker around but he is about 50% of what he used to be - however that 50% is still good enough to be top 10 in the world IMO. Tito can strike, but his GnP is exceptional. Chuck went in and literally owned every one of these fighters, put Rampage in the UFC and he will lose im telling you.
Scouser on Tour

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2006, 12:50:39 PM »
he beat them and won? What the f**k does that mean lol

sorry for that mistake Mr Perfect  ;D

don't have time to proof read when your suppose to be working - lol
RIP Bob Probert

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2006, 01:16:39 PM »
I don't see how a ring would be a negative for Liddell, he is primarily a striker.. True he uses the cage to stand up, but he would be able to adjust fairly quickly.

This is just fanboy talk, Liddell would never go to pride and no top pride fighter will ever go to the UFC.  But to Chuck's credit, he beat Overream, who is a fairly good striker (although he gassed horribly in that fight). 

I'd put money on Silva/Shogun/Arona and lil nog to beat Liddell.  But in reality Liddell could KO these guys just as much as he could be KO'ed.

I do think he'd beat Rampage in a rematch, he has gone downhill.

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2006, 01:36:39 PM »
I'd put money on Silva/Shogun/Arona and lil nog to beat Liddell.  But in reality Liddell could KO these guys just as much as he could be KO'ed.

I agree 100% - but most mma fans are silva nuthuggers and don't give chuck his due
Vitor knock out Silva don't see any reason why Chuck could not do the same - would luv to see that fight but it's never going to happen

RIP Bob Probert

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2006, 01:04:21 PM »
As i said, Chuck would beat any guy at his best. Maybe he would have to fight them twice, i.e. Horn and Randy, but he would knock the fuck out of them eventually. Hes getting better and better

man what id give to see Vitor back to 100%. I thought he was goping to smash through Ortiz after the 1st round but he gassed and almost gave up. I dont know what his problem is, but a 100% Vitor would be good enough to dismantle any fighter on the planet
Scouser on Tour

c-u-n-hell

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2006, 07:44:55 AM »
As i said, Chuck would beat any guy at his best. Maybe he would have to fight them twice, i.e. Horn and Randy, but he would knock the f**k out of them eventually. Hes getting better and better

man what id give to see Vitor back to 100%. I thought he was goping to smash through Ortiz after the 1st round but he gassed and almost gave up. I dont know what his problem is, but a 100% Vitor would be good enough to dismantle any fighter on the planet
what a trus statement Vitor at 100 % is great but so is every other athelete no one is 100 % all the time Vitor needs to get his head on straight and he will be a champ and imo Rich would try to stand with Chuck and get KO'ed in the second round IMO

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2006, 01:36:36 PM »
vitor has been called the "phenom" since he came on to the scene

why does everybody still think he has this enormous potential?

maybe he's just not that good

E
E