Author Topic: Who here has...............  (Read 17793 times)

Motorbreath

• Getbig III
  • What goes around comes around.....
Re: Who here has...............
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2006, 05:31:25 AM »
300 on shoulder press is INSANE!  Too bad about the neck injury.  That was in '98, does it still give you problems or are you just being careful?

I would say both, some days it bothers me some days it dosen't, however the Dr. that did my surgery warned me that if I continued to lift real heavy, I could rupture additional discs above or below the vertebrae that were fused togethor. I try to be more careful, but it sucks because I lost shoulder size in the process, but things could be worse, so who am I to complain.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2006, 05:41:26 AM »
Naturally benched 315 or more?

squatted 415 naturaly with a squat suit/belt/no wraps in competition..

age 19

weight 132lbs...
my friend mohammed ( from sierra leon) .. seriously believe coulda done well in the pros.. strong before he EVER touched juice (cause i got him his first cycle)

could bench 385 for reps..precher cutl 80s for reps..

dunno where the dood is now..last i saw him he ws heavily into coke..extacy and nubain...   :-\ and he could STILL out life most guys
side note: when he did juice he strength did go up..but not as much as you'd expect...he just blew up though...off of 1 pill drol a day and 400 mgs of test/week ( we coulda afford more)

we got all the arimidex and nolva for free though..he ws a pharm tech!  ;D  i ws using that back when it first came out and before actually..we'd get it in individualy packed little paper packets he'd swipe..

thing is he'd swipe tonnes of halotestin also..but both of us didn't wanna use that so we'd either give i away or sell it...gawd..back then i remember giving soo much halo away to powerlifters..i'd always have 2 to 3 hundred of em sitting in the car and whoever asked for em could have em.....  :-\
carpe` vaginum!

TopTraining

• Getbig II
« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2006, 05:45:14 AM »
Thereabouts.

I did 280 in a meet in February but the IPF rules were pretty strict.  I also could have 295 that day but we only get three attempts and I failed at 300.

With "gym form" (a little bounce off my chest), I was up to 315 on the flat bench, although it would fail by IPF standards.  I did 325 for three on the decline on Sunday but of course the decline is easier than flat.

First post wohooo!!
Anyway, I know what you mean the difference with a "stop" at the bottom and the bounce.
I had 374 lbs x4 on the bench, with good form. except I had the bounce at the bottom. ( no asslift though) But as soon as i joined a weightlifting club, and I had to do the stop my weights went way down.  >:(

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2006, 05:53:40 AM »
took 7 years of training to hit 375 as a natural at 229 pounds...a year later i hit 450 with a Titan F6 bench shirt. both lifts were in a meet and had a pause at the bottom.

8)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2006, 06:26:39 AM »
I used Shawn Phillips' "How to increase your bench 50lbs in 7 weeks program" and benched 325 for on and 225 x 18 at about 185.

Tried to get back into benching to try it again (now 175), was just doing 5 x 5 with 250, and ended up in physical therapy for my shoulder.

Benching can be real tough on the delts.
Y

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2006, 08:44:20 AM »
we need to start posting Pics about all these claims, guys. As far as I'm concerned, anybody here bench press 405lbs, all you need to do is to post a pic
Get Big, or Die Trying

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2006, 08:53:42 AM »
we need to start posting Pics about all these claims, guys. As far as I'm concerned, anybody here bench press 405lbs, all you need to do is to post a pic

Cool, let me just hop into my time machine and I'll program it for July, 2003 and snap a pic ;D

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2006, 09:10:10 AM »

I am not exactly sure why you would want to do this, 405 just isn't that much. If as many people responded to a "who has benched 615 naturally" I would like to see a vid or something. 405 I just don't find that interesting.

If you want your bench to be higher than it is, instead of insinuating that people here may not be being entirely truthful, maybe ask some of the guys with really high numbers how they got there or something like that.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2006, 09:21:25 AM »
i benched 635 for 6 as a freshman in high school, it was the unoficial high school record for years, at a bodyweight of 190.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2006, 09:24:36 AM »

like I said, this isn't a normal crowd . . . most people are probably the "big" guys in their gyms, and then there's a few schmoes/muscle worshippers etc. to round out the crowd.

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2006, 09:24:49 AM »
I am not exactly sure why you would want to do this, 405 just isn't that much. If as many people responded to a "who has benched 615 naturally" I would like to see a vid or something. 405 I just don't find that interesting.

If you want your bench to be higher than it is, instead of insinuating that people here may not be being entirely truthful, maybe ask some of the guys with really high numbers how they got there or something like that.

Now that sounds good.  I did a routine of 5 sets of 5 reps on bench press for 12 weeks, and my body responded fantastic for strenght on that routine.  In that 12 week period my max went from 345 to 405.  And I only weighed 203 at the time, so I particularly enjoyed it all since it was double my bodyweight.

Once I reached that goal I said screw it and started training for size again and fortunately have gained 23 pounds since then.  Maybe I'll start that routine again sometime though just for shits and giggles...

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2006, 09:26:53 AM »
Now that sounds good.  I did a routine of 5 sets of 5 reps on bench press for 12 weeks, and my body responded fantastic for strenght on that routine.  In that 12 week period my max went from 345 to 405.  And I only weighed 203 at the time, so I particularly enjoyed it all since it was double my bodyweight.

Once I reached that goal I said screw it and started training for size again and fortunately have gained 23 pounds since then.  Maybe I'll start that routine again sometime though just for shits and giggles...

See for me, I was the opposite, I need more volume than just about anyone I know to make my bench (or anything for that matter) improve. I wish I could grow like that on 5 sets. Well done man.

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2006, 09:30:48 AM »
See for me, I was the opposite, I need more volume than just about anyone I know to make my bench (or anything for that matter) improve. I wish I could grow like that on 5 sets. Well done man.

Thanks.  That wasn't the entirety of my chest workout, though: I did incline dumbells after that too.  But yeah, I probably didn't do more than nine total sets of chest in a workout.

Okay, time for me to drink a tall glass of "nobody gives a rat's ass" and get back to work 8)

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2006, 09:31:59 AM »

I tore my left chest with 405 a couple of years ago..................... ....

but I was on my 7th rep!

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2006, 09:33:16 AM »
I tore my left chest with 405 a couple of years ago..................... ....

but I was on my 7th rep!
how come it doesn't look like you do that much?
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2006, 09:40:56 AM »
how come it doesn't look like you do that much?

I've always trained heavy in just about every exercise and thats probably the same reason why I started getting injuries after I turned 40 :'(!

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2006, 09:43:55 AM »
your arms look a little bit below 17 inches there in all honesty, you're a good sized guy but if i were to see you i'd think that you could do 1 or 2 reps with 315 which is still pretty good.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2006, 09:44:47 AM »
Really??

I bet you were really good in the squat too.

But not as impressive in the deadlift?

Short fingers, short arms. Problems with holding onto the bar?

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2006, 09:50:01 AM »

That's not my point. I've been to powerlifting Gyms before and saw guys warming up with 500lbs for reps. All I'm saying is that, why make these claims here, when in reality some here cant even double their own body weight.
Get Big, or Die Trying

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2006, 09:51:38 AM »

That's not my point. I've been to powerlifting Gyms before and saw guys warming up with 500lbs for reps. All I'm saying is that, why make these claims here, when in reality some here cant even double their own body weight.
hahahaha, you just outed yourself as a liar right there, "warming up with 500lbs. for reps", hahaha, ok "hugepecs". ::)
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2006, 09:53:35 AM »
I bet you were really good in the squat too.

But not as impressive in the deadlift?

Short fingers, short arms. Problems with holding onto the bar?

YIP
Zack

I never really did any deads in my training, but, your right about my fingers so I always used an over/under grip but after I did and still do alot of grip exercises. My squats were decent but my bench and incline has always been strong.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2006, 10:10:41 AM »

With all respect..

Not even Brian Siders warms up with 500 lbs.

Check his training log for yourself at www.briansiders.com

Here is what he did awhile ago:
bench (comp grip)- 315x5x2, 365x5, 405x5, 455x5, 495x3x2, 545x3x2, 565x3x2, 585x3x2, 605x3x2

As you see, he warmed up with 315 lbs. Acclimation sets up to 455lbs. And this is the lifter widely considered the #2 benchpresser in the world.

I consider him #1.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: June 16, 2006, 10:13:12 AM »
With all respect..

Not even Brian Siders warms up with 500 lbs.

Check his training log for yourself at www.briansiders.com

Here is what he did awhile ago:
bench (comp grip)- 315x5x2, 365x5, 405x5, 455x5, 495x3x2, 545x3x2, 565x3x2, 585x3x2, 605x3x2

As you see, he warmed up with 315 lbs. Acclimation sets up to 455lbs. And this is the lifter widely considered the #2 benchpresser in the world.

I consider him #1.

YIP
Zack
hahahaha, i don't know, mesomorph supposedy trains in a gym where he saw a guy do 8 reps with 635. ::)
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Stavios

« Reply #98 on: June 16, 2006, 10:21:47 AM »
hahahaha, i don't know, mesomorph supposedy trains in a gym where he saw a guy do 8 reps with 635. ::)

Yes that was at my gym when he saw me training after I woke up from a 18 months coma and weighted 137 lbs

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #99 on: June 16, 2006, 11:03:43 AM »
Around 1982 I did several unsanctioned bench press contests, I always competed in the 181 class at that time. One contest I was in one of the judges was Gus Resthwich (if your into powerlifting you probably know of him) on my 3rd attempt I successfully did a legal, raw 240.90kg (530lbs) since it was an unsanctioned event, they considered it an unofficial state record for that event. After that I trained with Gus at then Astro Gym in San Gabriel, Ca. This could probably still be verified either by Gus himself or the owner of Astro (now called "Lou Greenburgs San Gabriel Gym) Lou Greenberg..  I know, I know...who gives a crap :(!

What is your name? Mike MacDonald set a world record of 520 lb in the 181 class. That's a HUGE lift even for a 242.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha