Author Topic: 6-pak  (Read 1613 times)

mastool

• Getbig II
  • to live is to be loved
6-pak
« on: June 15, 2006, 02:25:55 PM »
Hello all,
I am trying for the first time to get abs.  A friend of mine told me no more bread dairy or sugar.  So far so good although i find myself really craving.  I was just wondering, at night time i like my sweets, and since i cant have them, is it okay if i eat fruit i.e. grapes, blueberries, strawberries, etc..

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Re: 6-pak
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 02:36:17 PM »
eat the fruit before the gym to spike the insulin levels ;)

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 02:46:31 PM »
when i'm dieting and cut out sugar diet soda helps me...the aspertame gives that sweetness and will help with cravings...also have some sugar free reeses peanut butter cups once in a while...not too many though cause those sugar alcohols will cause a pretty bad upset stomach.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 02:48:00 PM »
eat the fruit before the gym to spike the insulin levels ;)

The fruits he mentioned are very low GI - so... the spike you speak of aint gonna happen.
:

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 03:06:07 PM »

The fruits he mentioned are very low GI - so... the spike you speak of aint gonna happen.

yeah i was thinking fruit or sweets sorry i didn't clarify :)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 03:12:07 PM »
Hello all,
I am trying for the first time to get abs.  A friend of mine told me no more bread dairy or sugar.  So far so good although i find myself really craving.  I was just wondering, at night time i like my sweets, and since i cant have them, is it okay if i eat fruit i.e. grapes, blueberries, strawberries, etc..
Your friend is correct, those foods should be gone.

I would stay away from the night time fruit, personally I'd stay away from fruit all together...I may get bashed over that but it is my opinion. If you find yourself with strong cravings a diet coke here and there won't hurt anything. I also like to buy the no-sugar jello packs. The single serving packs have 0 carbs and only 10 calories...just don't go hog wild, after all you don't want to eat like 50 of them, because even 10 calories per serving can add up fast if you're not carefull.

Luckilly for me I don't have a big sweet tooth, but when it does pop up 1 or 2 of those little jello things and a diet Dr. Pepper helps out. My big craving is salty foods like potato chips, but Jello hasn't come out with a potato chip flavored Jello pack yet, so I'm out of luck on that one...oh well.