Author Topic: FAO True Adonis  (Read 33070 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: FAO True Adonis
« Reply #175 on: June 21, 2006, 07:48:10 PM »
Adonis, whats your diet gonna be like?

I have dropped a lot of fat,around 30 lbs or so just by normal dieting down.  Nothing fancy and zero cardio.

Keep it simple Jamie, 250-350 grams of protein a day and 100-150 grams of carbs.  Eat the carbs the first 2-3 meals and none after that.

You look like you have around 30-50 lbs to lose if you want to be lean.  Don`t worry about it and think that is a high number.  Most people are fat but don`t think it.

Most people who compete always drop around that much.  Just stick with it and keep it simple.

JamieX4200

• Getbig IV
« Reply #176 on: June 21, 2006, 07:55:30 PM »
Maybe its just the pics, but I'd like to be about 215 or 210 and im about 240, that thats pretty close, but.. I think I need to do cardio 3x a week for 25 min on a bike.  I can actually see the outline of my abs coming in, I do 50 situps a day. So yeah I think your right I need to lose about 30lbs If i wanna reach my goal... What do you recomend eating, meal replacements, chicken and lean beef?  And the carbs I eat those for breakfest like Rasinbran Crunch.
grundle has no sack,

JamieX4200

• Getbig IV
« Reply #177 on: June 21, 2006, 07:56:43 PM »
OH yeah, I dont wanna compete, I just wanna get down to that weight and stay there and keep lifting... I'd like to get my hands on some clen or anavar to help out, but I cant find it anywhere.
grundle has no sack,

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #178 on: June 21, 2006, 07:59:09 PM »
Jaime don't you do cardio? I mean you are a fighter you need endurance for the fights. Stop being lazy and just do 1-2 hours of cardio a day, then you will be peeled and in the best shape of your life!
just push some weight!

JamieX4200

• Getbig IV
« Reply #179 on: June 21, 2006, 08:02:07 PM »
Yeah I do-- but since I broke my hand, I've been taking a break from training.. I'm gonna start back to my diet of chicken and beef... And that Slim Fast high protein shakes with no sugar.  And MRP's.  But I'm staring my cardio again 3x a week for 25 minutes. But I get alot of cardio from training with the speed bags and heavy bags.  Thats why I wanna diet down so I can fight at LHW..

grundle has no sack,

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #180 on: June 21, 2006, 08:06:11 PM »
Yeah I do-- but since I broke my hand, I've been taking a break from training.. I'm gonna start back to my diet of chicken and beef... And that Slim Fast high protein shakes with no sugar.  And MRP's.  But I'm staring my cardio again 3x a week for 25 minutes. But I get alot of cardio from training with the speed bags and heavy bags.  Thats why I wanna diet down so I can fight at LHW..

I am going to guess that you don't win a lot of fights now do you?
just push some weight!

thisiskeith12

« Reply #181 on: June 21, 2006, 08:23:44 PM »
i love myself

JamieX4200

• Getbig IV
« Reply #182 on: June 21, 2006, 08:36:44 PM »
I am going to guess that you don't win a lot of fights now do you?

What makes you say that, I have an outstanding record.
grundle has no sack,

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #183 on: June 21, 2006, 08:41:14 PM »
What makes you say that, I have an outstanding record.

On your crappy attitude. Whats your record?
just push some weight!

JamieX4200

• Getbig IV
« Reply #184 on: June 21, 2006, 08:46:08 PM »
13-2-1  10 by ko, 3 by tko, 2 loss, 1 draw-- not to mention the underground fights which i like better.
grundle has no sack,

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #185 on: June 21, 2006, 08:48:20 PM »
13-2-1  10 by ko, 3 by tko, 2 loss, 1 draw-- not to mention the underground fights which i like better.

How much you get for fights? Underground and over?
just push some weight!

JamieX4200

• Getbig IV
« Reply #186 on: June 21, 2006, 09:11:39 PM »
it pays good...
grundle has no sack,

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: June 21, 2006, 09:29:43 PM »

Jamie your diet is a wreck!  You don`t need to do situps either.  Even for fighting, its not like it is going to strengthen your abdominal wall enough to take a body blow.

Make every meal include a protein source.  Lean Ground Beef,(don`t get anything below 93% lean),Chicken,Turkey,Any kind of fish,Lean steaks,London Broil etc...

Seeing that you are storing a considerable amount of fat in the abdominal area, your insulin resistance is high.  That means you need to eat lower GI carbs that will keep your insulin levels in check and will promote fat loss instead of storage.  A good cereal to get would be Fiber One.  There are tons of low GI choices out there.

If you need any help let me know.

JamieX4200

• Getbig IV
« Reply #188 on: June 21, 2006, 09:38:26 PM »
I eat lean beef, chicken, and tilapia fish.  Plus the high protein Slimfast MRP with no sugar.  Yeah and I eat lots of turkey.  And I do situps so when I diet down I'll have some nice abs. Most of the fat is at the bottom of my stomach right below my abs and a little on my love handles, the rest of my body is pretty lean.  So your right about that.  Any other suggestions? 
grundle has no sack,

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #189 on: June 22, 2006, 03:39:47 AM »
Jamie your diet is a wreck!  You don`t need to do situps either.  Even for fighting, its not like it is going to strengthen your abdominal wall enough to take a body blow.

Make every meal include a protein source.  Lean Ground Beef,(don`t get anything below 93% lean),Chicken,Turkey,Any kind of fish,Lean steaks,London Broil etc...

Seeing that you are storing a considerable amount of fat in the abdominal area, your insulin resistance is high.  That means you need to eat lower GI carbs that will keep your insulin levels in check and will promote fat loss instead of storage.  A good cereal to get would be Fiber One.  There are tons of low GI choices out there.

If you need any help let me know.

all boxers strengthen abs. you do need to if you are takin real blows. i know a few MMA fighters and boxers. seen a pro in one gym and he tyrained abs hard.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: June 22, 2006, 04:51:46 AM »
all boxers strengthen abs. you do need to if you are takin real blows. i know a few MMA fighters and boxers. seen a pro in one gym and he tyrained abs hard.

For no reason.........They must do it unknowingly as bodyweight exercises will serve no purpose in thickening the abdominal wall.  The only benefit a fighter would have for doing any kind of situp would be for muscle control, in order to extend long periods of time with tensed abs in order to absorb impact.

Weighted ab exercises are the only thing that is going to thicken an abdominal wall and it will require a decent amount of weight to do that.

Bast175

« Reply #191 on: June 22, 2006, 07:50:27 AM »
I do 50 situps a day.

No point in doing that.  They get worked enough indirectly.   Do cardio instead.  That's what will get your abs visibile not situps.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #192 on: June 22, 2006, 08:27:15 AM »
;D
welcome back.

thanks meso. not gonna post pics 4 a while...well try to. say about sept then dec ill post sone. hope to blow yer mind lol
lol no doubt man...
you have a good build.... and good bis.. from that shot u posted...
good work...
i like th way ur gym looks as well.. old fashioned and hardcore.... dont have many gyms like that her in london..
choice is an illusion

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #193 on: June 22, 2006, 09:02:34 AM »
No point in doing that.  They get worked enough indirectly.   Do cardio instead.  That's what will get your abs visibile not situps.

abs should be worked directly with heavy weight just like any other muscle.  No need for high reps 6-12 works best.

standing ab pulldowns with the tricep rope are good as are ab chair hanging leg raises with a dumbell between the legs or ankle weights.

I guarantee that ahmad hadar works his abs directly

Bast175

« Reply #194 on: June 22, 2006, 10:31:01 AM »
so fucking what.  situps aren't gonna get fat off your stomach.  who cares how thick your abs are. how they are separated is genetic.

JamieX4200

• Getbig IV
« Reply #195 on: June 22, 2006, 11:16:09 AM »

Yeah thats what I heard you guys say a while back.  But I want them to look good when I finally get down to that weight... Pictures can be so misleading and people talk so muchs shit without posting a pic themselves.
grundle has no sack,

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #196 on: June 22, 2006, 04:37:42 PM »
lol no doubt man...
you have a good build.... and good bis.. from that shot u posted...
good work...
i like th way ur gym looks as well.. old fashioned and hardcore.... dont have many gyms like that her in london..

meso u mite be surprised they def exist just hard to find them. arnies old gym which was a converted church in east end of london. have a wee look but my gyms cool.

when punching obliques get worked a lot. good to strengthen them. b/w exercises do work also.

id def do abs if i wa sa fighter

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #197 on: June 23, 2006, 06:54:06 PM »
so fucking what.  situps aren't gonna get fat off your stomach.  who cares how thick your abs are. how they are separated is genetic.

if you have fat on your stomach im not talking to you

endomorphs you can ignore me.  My posts are direcated to fast twitch dominant ecto-meso types, that is what I am and I won't pretend to understand someone who is so constitutionally disimilar to myself that they eat themselves into the form of a blob.  If you lack the will to shape your form I can find no common ground on which to interact with you.

hit hard and fast.

Patricku9

• Getbig II
« Reply #198 on: June 27, 2006, 09:45:37 AM »
I eat lean beef, chicken, and tilapia fish.  Plus the high protein Slimfast MRP with no sugar.  Yeah and I eat lots of turkey.  And I do situps so when I diet down I'll have some nice abs. Most of the fat is at the bottom of my stomach right below my abs and a little on my love handles, the rest of my body is pretty lean.  So your right about that.  Any other suggestions? 

You look great Jamie

marcmn

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #199 on: June 28, 2006, 07:48:34 AM »
Goudy, man, you look F'in HUGE! Great work!