Author Topic: Ronnie vs. Mark Henry?  (Read 17706 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: Ronnie vs. Mark Henry?
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2006, 02:02:57 PM »

I think I could win the southern Cal open. But, I could be wrong, I'll see how many I can do, I may be overconfident from the number of pushups I do.

If you're able to do more than 30 reps with 178lbs, I'm very impressed.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

doozejooze

• Getbig II
  • Get bit
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2006, 02:14:34 PM »
I agree with Hedge. 30 reps would be admirable and nothing to scoff at, at that bodyweight. Pushups are not an indicator of how many bodyweight bench presses can be done.
Rectum defendere!

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2006, 02:19:08 PM »
We held here in southern CA 2 years running a bench press competition. Reps with bodyweight. The first year the guy who won did 41, he weighed 198. The second year the winner did 44. He weighed 202. Most guys did around 17-28 reps. The biggest guy weighed 265 and did 30 reps. Big Samoan dude.

the problem with lifts in relation to b/w is that once over 220lbs relating lifts to b/w becomes more difficult and less applicable.. Bud Jeffries wrote interesting articles on this. is a 200lb guy pullin 3x b/w more impressive than a 300lber pullin 800lb? This explains which this fella says the winners were 198 and 202. thats y other formulas such as wilks etc are brought into play rather than solely b/w. no 400lb man can press his b/w 40times

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2006, 03:03:15 PM »
Mark Henry was not drug free when he made those lifts! Just because he passed the test does not mean hes natrual. Anyway who cares; hes just a big fat bastard that has no credibility or integrity. Whilst Maruisz is the world's stongest man and Ronnie is Mr Olympia, he is just a tubby turd that has to make out with the fabulous Moolah :-\

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2006, 03:05:15 PM »
Mark Henry was not drug free when he made those lifts! Just because he passed the test does not mean hes natrual. Anyway who cares; hes just a big fat bastard that has no credibility or integrity. Whilst Maruisz is the world's stongest man and Ronnie is Mr Olympia he is just a tubby turd that has to make out with the fabulous Moolah :-\

LOL. That was fucking gross (Moolah).
HAHA, RON.....

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2006, 03:32:08 PM »
If you're able to do more than 30 reps with 178lbs, I'm very impressed.

YIP
Zack

I did 225 for 22 last month, touch and go, 8 more reps with 48 less pounds should be puddin. ;D
E

Miss Demeanor

• Getbig III
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2006, 03:46:03 PM »
"The heaviest "raw" bench press (without equipment such as denim shirts) is 715 lb (325 kg) by Scot Mendelson."

from wiki

so no, 500-600 is definately not "piss poor"

Right.

Besides, Mark NEVER TRAINED THE BENCH like he did the other lifts.  He's said on numerous occasions that he'd only play with it for short periods because excessive chest development would screw up his Olympic lifting.

Let him train the bench seriously for a couple of years.  He'd reign supreme in powerlifting.

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2006, 07:36:53 PM »
I think strength should be measured in bodyslams/minute.  In which case Mark would win as Ronnie would be on the oxygen tank.
Motherboy (the band).

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2006, 02:34:16 AM »
Mark Henry was not drug free when he made those lifts! Just because he passed the test does not mean hes natrual. Anyway who cares; hes just a big fat bastard that has no credibility or integrity. Whilst Maruisz is the world's stongest man and Ronnie is Mr Olympia, he is just a tubby turd that has to make out with the fabulous Moolah :-\

Yep, just toss out the Arnold Strongman title he won in 2002, along with various other records he set  ::).

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2006, 02:45:34 AM »

yeah maybe, but who has over $10 million in the bank? Mark is a VERY wealthy man.

As for the debate on my remarks about his bench, it wasnt ignorant. The fact is that, suited or raw, his best bench in competition was about 550 or so. Whether it was 20 years ago, 10 years ago or yesterday, it doesnt change the fact that his number is a long way behind the top guys today. Open your mind and realise that im not talking about him using the new shirts that Gene and Co use, im talking about an actual number he has pushed in relation to todays best. Its like comparing Ronnie to Arnold, the level of advancement is unbelievable now
Scouser on Tour

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2006, 03:18:15 AM »
Yep, just toss out the Arnold Strongman title he won in 2002, along with various other records he set  ::).

Who cares? Everyone knows that Mariusz is the man
yeah maybe, but who has over $10 million in the bank? Mark is a VERY wealthy man.
10 million? From what? Hes a fourth tier wrestler not a headlining superstar. He probably has a comfortable lifestyle but thats it. He should go for glory and enter the worlds stongest man - if he has the balls ::)

ReEvolution

• Getbig III
  • goodbye ronnie
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2006, 03:29:59 AM »
10 million seems a litte high.  where has he been lately?  injured or something?  i don't watch much anymore.  the dude is/was strong as hell.  he had some funny bits in wrestling.
two thumbs WAY up!!!

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2006, 05:07:14 AM »
when he signed for Vince in 1996 he had a water tight 10 year, $10 million contract (Big Show has the same deal). Even though he stopped wrestling for a while he still got paid the same as Shawn Michaels did when he was injured. Not a smart move by Vince IMO, as only now is he making ground in the WWE

Theyre pushing him harder than ever, hes walked through Batista, Benoit, Mysterio, feuded with 'Taker - i thought they were pushing him for the title at one stage. I dont know what they'll do with him now but he's getting recognition
Scouser on Tour

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2006, 06:19:10 AM »
On WWE I just heard them say that Mark Henry squatted 1000 pounds. You think he is stronger than Ronnie?
You can't compare a bodybuilder to a powerlifter.

PB

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2006, 06:35:03 AM »
his best bench was somewhere around 550-600 which is pretty piss poor for a guy his size

i dont care how big the guy is....i've never seen ANYONE move that kinda weight in my life save on videos...

i think if i ever saw that in person i'd literally shit my pants! i can't even squat that let alone bench press it! i dont' care how big the dude is...600lbs is a fuck load of weight

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2006, 07:06:36 AM »
when he signed for Vince in 1996 he had a water tight 10 year, $10 million contract (Big Show has the same deal). Even though he stopped wrestling for a while he still got paid the same as Shawn Michaels did when he was injured. Not a smart move by Vince IMO, as only now is he making ground in the WWE

Theyre pushing him harder than ever, hes walked through Batista, Benoit, Mysterio, feuded with 'Taker - i thought they were pushing him for the title at one stage. I dont know what they'll do with him now but he's getting recognition

He had a 10 year 200,000/year contract.  It is now up and now I believe he will make even less. 
Motherboy (the band).

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2006, 08:27:02 AM »
Its not even close.Mark Henry squatted 951 with no suit and pulled 903 in competition and then turned around and made the Olympic team in weightlifting.No contest.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2006, 10:46:15 AM »
i know his squat and dead were raw world records, i just dont know for sure what his raw bench was. He said himself that benching is his big weak point. The thing im trying to stress to everyone without them having a fucking brain fart is that although 550 is an incredible lift, it isnt even a warm up for the top guys today. Sure he may have trained towards 650 etc, but his dead and squat were his bread and butter and thats what gave him an advantage over everyone
Scouser on Tour

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2006, 11:42:23 AM »

I remember that.  It was May Young, Moolah's friend.  How about when she gave birth to the hand.  That had to be one of the funniest and grossest things Vince ever came up with.  Getting back to the question, I would have to go with Henry.  He was an Olympic level power lifter, while Ronnie is one of the strongest bodybuilders alive, against Henry, He looses.  I believe the way to see who's the strongest would be a dead lift comp.  To me that is the real test of strength.  Who could pull the most weight off the floor.  I think Henry would out pull Colemen by at least 200 lbs.  JMO
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2006, 11:53:54 AM »
In fairness though,Ronnie isnt just training to be strong.His strength is a side effect for trying to get big[or is it the other way around].If Ronnie just trained to be strong and stopped caring how he looked,hed be one of the strongest men in the world and one of the best powerlifters.Henry,though,is a freak of nature.He cleaned and pressed the Thomas inch dumbell like a toy and even Kaz thought that was incredible.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2006, 12:12:08 PM »
i saw Phil Pfister do it and it looked like he was going to pass out, but Mark just man handled it. He also played with the Apollons Wheel like it was nothing. Im telling you, theres never been a man like him and it will be a very long time before another comes around
Scouser on Tour

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2006, 12:16:27 PM »
The difference is that Mark Henry is drug free, whereas Ronnie has been juicing out of his ears for over a decade.

He still has the all-time USAPL Texas state records in the squat, deadlift, and total:
http://www.usapltexas.org/records/open_men_records.php
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2006, 12:31:18 PM »
The difference is that Mark Henry is drug free, whereas Ronnie has been juicing out of his ears for over a decade.

He still has the all-time USAPL Texas state records in the squat, deadlift, and total:
http://www.usapltexas.org/records/open_men_records.php
I got new s for your bud, Mark Henry is not drug free and if you think he is you have a lot to learn about this business.
PB

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2006, 02:38:54 PM »
I got new s for your bud, Mark Henry is not drug free and if you think he is you have a lot to learn about this business.
PB

why would anyone takes drugs just to lok like a big fatass? besides Ronnie and Sharry I mean.
E

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2006, 02:56:23 PM »
why would anyone takes drugs just to lok like a big fatass? besides Ronnie and Sharry I mean.
They use for strength, not looks. At last in Mariuscz we have a strongman who looks like a strongman ought to - but in reality most powerlifters/strongmen are big fat bastards. Just the way it goes. [and it reinforces how awesome Pudz is]