Author Topic: Davana Medina to Retire?  (Read 9978 times)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
Davana Medina to Retire?
« on: June 29, 2006, 09:31:01 PM »
The world’s best Figure competitor, 3-Time Ms. Olympia Figure Champion, Davana Medina, joined Hardbody Radio for a rare interview. Davana is a very private person, but chose Hardbody Radio to give fans her true thoughts and feelings about her incredible career and whether this year’s Olympia will be her last appearance on stage. Davana also spoke about her recent marriage, leg training techniques, her toughest Olympia prep, Muscletech and her upcoming book on all aspects of contest preparation and Figure competition. This is a rare glimpse into Davana’s onstage and offstage life with some “first-time” revelations that you won’t want to miss.

Listen to the interview!

Elevate Your Image.™

nikki

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
Re: Davana Medina to Retire?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 08:43:17 AM »
Shocking news.....understand about the kiddies and all.....Very interesting interview heard from a different viewpt. than most of the other competitiors.

midknight

• Getbig IV
  • Soon, you will know the meaning of pain.
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 09:00:20 AM »
Davana has an amazing work ethic - we can all learn from her.
pain day

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 02:29:08 PM »
She's probably bored.  She knows that she's going to win the O no matter what she looks like. 

Fanatic

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 02:35:50 PM »
Davana is young.  She can always make a comeback after having children (if she wants to).
She is definately an icon and will be missed.

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 04:41:54 PM »
Davana is young.  She can always make a comeback after having children (if she wants to).
She is definately an icon and will be missed.

If JM Manion managment allows her to come back....

Fanatic

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 03:14:26 PM »
I ETA PI,
Why do you post stuff like that?  Davana has an awesome physique and she deserves every win she has ever gotten.  Lay off the girl. 
No wonder Davana never goes on the boards.

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 12:11:25 AM »
Is there a transcript of the interview anywhere?

She is awesome.
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 03:39:06 PM »
Davana has an awesome physique and she deserves every win she has ever gotten.  Lay off the girl. 

Yes, she has a great physique, but deserves 'every' win?

Mmm, not sure most fans could agree with that.

I wish her all the best whatever this next chapter of her life holds for her. 

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 07:09:01 AM »
I ETA PI,
Why do you post stuff like that?  Davana has an awesome physique and she deserves every win she has ever gotten.  Lay off the girl. 
No wonder Davana never goes on the boards.

I ETA Pi has a good point.  Davana has an average physique at best.  Amber Littlejohn, Latisha and Monica look a lot better than Davana. 

Fanatic

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 03:51:13 PM »
Average physique?!!!!  That is your opinion.  I have to say Davana is way above and beyond an "average physique".

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2006, 09:44:34 AM »
Average physique?!!!!  That is your opinion.  I have to say Davana is way above and beyond an "average physique".

She VERY narrow and there is nothing spectacular about her.  Stand her next to Valerie W., Amber or Monica, her flaws become very evident

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2006, 10:32:35 AM »
If JM Manion managment allows her to come back....
That's not a knock on her; that's a knock on JM...

egoatdoor

• Getbig III
  • A thinking man's bodybuilder
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2006, 06:40:45 AM »
She's probably bored.  She knows that she's going to win the O no matter what she looks like. 

Agree. They may as well turn in their scorecards today.

She's a fraud.
Go hard or go home!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2006, 07:58:53 AM »
She VERY narrow and there is nothing spectacular about her.  Stand her next to Valerie W., Amber or Monica, her flaws become very evident

Very true.

Amber Littlejohn looks like ET, but that shouldn't prevent her from winning the Ms O.

It's a physique contest, not a beauty pageant. Hence, Davana Medina shouldn't even be considered for the top spot.

Davana "Christmas comes early" Medina. What a fcuking joke.

And everybody knows it. It's disgusting how the girls needs approval from Sir ÜberSchmoe himself, JM Manion, to have a chance of ever placing.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Fanatic

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2006, 03:13:17 PM »
Amber Littlejohn needs to compete to win (which she hasn't done in a long time).  Your conspiracy theories are so tiresome.  Give me a break.

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2006, 05:28:52 AM »
Lift....

You need to get Manion Jr on the show along with Alti.  Now...that's an excellent 1 hr show.  Get it done...man!  Very few believe his athletes are legit....given his dad is the head of the judges.  Personally...I had Monica and Dina over her...but this is all about personal choice.   

The hot cuban chick Lee was going to marry gets her just.  She is the best fitness athlete out there at the moment w/Ms Johnson hot on her tail...so no need to question her Manion connection.

GOOD THINGS COME IN little PACKAGES.
Oh...Monica!

Malibu Barbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2006, 03:04:22 AM »
     Davana is an amazing champion in every sense of the word and is not hardly average in her physique.  I doubt if she will be the "comeback kid" after she retires. She seems very, very happy with her new hubbie and I am sure she realizes the IFBB is not anywhere near as fullfilling as what lies ahead for her. Lucky Girl, she will get to eat all the Italian food she wants served on a platter to her by her gorgeous hunk of a man. What more could she want! Well, she probably does want one more Olympic win and I am sure she will get it deserving or not. That is just kind of the way it is.
     Now do I believe she has deserved every win she has been given, most likely not. The most obvious show I believe that was given to her was the Charlotte Pro last year. I do believe that should have been Amber's win. The odds though that the IFBB would knock out the reigning champion at a small show shortly before Olympia is right next to 0% .
     Fanatic, Amber has competed in many shows in the last few years. She just has not competed in ones recently. I think Amber is the most glaring example of a competitor who many have watched and wondered if her not signing with JM has hurt her placements. Davana is not the only competitor to take a win that should have been hers. Well, hopefully she will be in tip top shape at the O this year along with all the other zillion other competitors (OK so it is only 24 competitors).
     As far as conspiracy theories....I don't know why they do what they do. At the end of the day (or season) it would be nice if for once the judging was plain and simple- who comes in best that day wins. Now do I think that will happen.....as I chuckle to myself and ask, "Has Hell froze over".

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2006, 05:38:55 AM »
     Davana is an amazing champion in every sense of the word and is not hardly average in her physique.  I doubt if she will be the "comeback kid" after she retires. She seems very, very happy with her new hubbie and I am sure she realizes the IFBB is not anywhere near as fullfilling as what lies ahead for her. Lucky Girl, she will get to eat all the Italian food she wants served on a platter to her by her gorgeous hunk of a man. What more could she want! Well, she probably does want one more Olympic win and I am sure she will get it deserving or not. That is just kind of the way it is.
     Now do I believe she has deserved every win she has been given, most likely not. The most obvious show I believe that was given to her was the Charlotte Pro last year. I do believe that should have been Amber's win. The odds though that the IFBB would knock out the reigning champion at a small show shortly before Olympia is right next to 0% .
     Fanatic, Amber has competed in many shows in the last few years. She just has not competed in ones recently. I think Amber is the most glaring example of a competitor who many have watched and wondered if her not signing with JM has hurt her placements. Davana is not the only competitor to take a win that should have been hers. Well, hopefully she will be in tip top shape at the O this year along with all the other zillion other competitors (OK so it is only 24 competitors).
     As far as conspiracy theories....I don't know why they do what they do. At the end of the day (or season) it would be nice if for once the judging was plain and simple- who comes in best that day wins. Now do I think that will happen.....as I chuckle to myself and ask, "Has Hell froze over".

You're sugarcoating things IMO.

Mention one of the her wins that Medina honestly deserved.

Just one.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

BOUDICCA

• Getbig I
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2006, 08:43:58 AM »
Like many women in this sport I pour over pictures and compare the best of the best.  There is no doubt Davana has an amazing physique, however, I am not sure about her placement in the Olympia.  It is difficult for me to decipher what the judges were looking for.  Her quads were amazing and shredded but I fail to see why she was chosen over Jenny or Monica, over and over again.

egoatdoor

• Getbig III
  • A thinking man's bodybuilder
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2006, 07:51:07 PM »
Just saw the results. She didn't compete.

Monica Brant, third, AGAIN!!!!
Go hard or go home!