Author Topic: Question for Lee about this year....  (Read 7442 times)

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
Re: Question for Lee about this year....
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2006, 09:05:08 AM »
No we can say we are not doing the show and nor do it.Then what? We all just stand there bnackstage till something happens or go home.:) Without the athlete the IFBB has NOTHING

And by signing the contract athletes are not legally obligated to compete? I remember when Kevin sayed on Pro Weekly that he tore his pec badly and was forced to get in shape in about a month because of the Olympia contract.  That seems very misunderstanding on part of the powers that forced him to compete.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2006, 11:49:56 AM »
And by signing the contract athletes are not legally obligated to compete? I remember when Kevin sayed on Pro Weekly that he tore his pec badly and was forced to get in shape in about a month because of the Olympia contract.  That seems very misunderstanding on part of the powers that forced him to compete.

THATS CAUSE THEY DON'T CARE.YES IF YOU SIGN YOU MUST COMPETE :). BUT WHAT WILL THEY DO SUSPEND US ALL ?THEN WHAT SHOWS WILL THEY HAVE WITHOUT US IF WE ARE ALL SUSPENDED.?

brady

• Getbig I
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2006, 03:27:00 PM »
i dont understand why lee is the only one who ever talks about a union.

is everybody afraid they will upset the ifbb?

everybody complains they dont make enough money, but only a few are willing to make an actual difference. i just dont get it- every sport has a union.

gary67

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2006, 04:44:39 PM »
i dont understand why lee is the only one who ever talks about a union.

is everybody afraid they will upset the ifbb?

everybody complains they dont make enough money, but only a few are willing to make an actual difference. i just dont get it- every sport has a union.
I guess the other bodybuilders like being puppets. If the big names like say RONNIE and JAY would stand up maybe the rest of them would follow. I guess maybe you don't see this because these two guys are making a good amount of money so maybe they figure to hell with everbody else. Maybe this is a small part of the reason why this sport is never going to change :(

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2006, 05:00:15 PM »
I guess the other bodybuilders like being puppets. If the big names like say RONNIE and JAY would stand up maybe the rest of them would follow. I guess maybe you don't see this because these two guys are making a good amount of money so maybe they figure to hell with everbody else. Maybe this is a small part of the reason why this sport is never going to change :(

YES THAT IS SO TRUE. EGOS I TELL YOU NOT THINKING ABOUT WHAT'S GOOD FOR THE SPORT JUST THEMSELVES.AND THEY CALL THEMSELVES CHRISTIANS. :).So please if anyone has prayers get them in now as God will soon be busy helping Ronnie and others with their contest pre.So world issues,war,hunger,drought,aids all go on the back burner for a while. ;D

bicepsforyou

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2006, 11:09:43 AM »
I have to agree with Lee, a lot of these guy say this, but do that.  I think it's alot like the guy that wants to be a leader (Which we know Lee is, look at what he has done this year alone) but they dont stand up and take control.

Yes i agree 100%

Nelson
"Mystery Is Life"

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2006, 12:11:42 PM »
I have to agree with Lee, a lot of these guy say this, but do that.  I think it's alot like the guy that wants to be a leader (Which we know Lee is, look at what he has done this year alone) but they dont stand up and take control.

Yes i agree 100%

Nelson

So true.And we have the control but do nothing they just go along.I want to see this sport grow and get better for all,ATHLETES,FANS,PROMOTERS as of right now it's going nowhere.Like i have stated what is wrong wiht guys wanting to make money competing no matter what the federation?IFBB just wants a monoply and control .So all these guys who spend money competing IFBB buy tickets for family ,hotel etc. and don't make a dollar haven't ever won anything from the ifbb what do you loose competing PDI ? The PDI will let you compete where you want,guest pose wherever seminars wherever they are not stopping the athlete from making money while he can.

I just don't get it compete both what harm does it do anyone.Competition is good is all walks of life. Oh i forgot except bodybuilding OK WAKE UP PEOPLE (Meaning other pros) get a clue.You have the power now use it to make changes.

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2006, 09:28:37 AM »
Man too me it's like a slap in the face the way BB is treated BB'ers deserve the MOST respect not the least! It seems like every one makes $$$$ exept for the ppl everyone is comming to see! Hell it insults me as a fan i cant imagine how the BB'ers feel!
P

MercedesKhani

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • The first Persian IFBB Figure Pro
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2006, 03:00:06 PM »
We havent even gotten started about the FEMALE bodybuilders. They don't even make money if they WIN the O! Men get treated and rewarded better than women, that's pretty racistic. To me that's not fair.

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2006, 03:35:02 PM »
Men get treated and rewarded better than women, that's pretty racistic. To me that's not fair.

Sorry can't help myself :) racistic?...You mean "sexist"?  Oh whatever :)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2006, 03:38:29 PM »
Sorry can't help myself :) racistic?...You mean "sexist"?  Oh whatever :)

Hello Steven, I hope you had a great weekend. Its not very nice to make fun of Mercedes grammar, I don't think she is American and this may be her second language.
E

MercedesKhani

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2006, 03:42:30 PM »
Hello Steven, I hope you had a great weekend. Its not very nice to make fun of Mercedes grammar, I don't think she is American and this may be her second language.

Yep he's right, I meant sexist.  :) English is my 3rd language after Dutch and Farsi.

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2006, 04:20:21 PM »
Hi Mercedes  8)

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2006, 05:31:39 PM »
Yep he's right, I meant sexist.  :) English is my 3rd language after Dutch and Farsi.

That is totally understandable.  You have 3 languages down.  All I speak is English, bad English, very bad Spanish, and a little Japanese.  Danielson,  you are also right....shame on me!  ;) Take care

MercedesKhani

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2006, 05:36:55 PM »
No worries.  :)