Author Topic: Question for Lee about this year....  (Read 7441 times)

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
Question for Lee about this year....
« on: July 08, 2006, 11:49:45 AM »
Hi Lee,

As I have heard on Pro BB weekly from Dan and Bob, the IFBB is still not giving you the freedom to compete in the PDI NOC while keeping your IFBB affiliation.  I believe you are training for the NOC and the Olympia, right?  Can some kind of petition be started to warrant you and all pros the opportunity to freely compete by gathering a certain number of signatures so it can pass in a IFBB meeting?  I hope so because I would really miss seeing you compete at the Olympia and future IFBB shows. Then again with the present PDI line-up I am sure that you and Vince Taylor would be the favorites to win the NOC.

Steven

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: Question for Lee about this year....
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 12:03:21 PM »
Hi Steven, Hope you are having a great Saturday.
E

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 12:10:55 PM »
Hi Steven, Hope you are having a great Saturday.

Thanks man you too.  Just one of those low carb, can barely focus days.  Tommorow will be better though (Carb day!!)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 12:11:55 PM »
Thanks man you too.  Just one of those low carb, can barely focus days.  Tommorow will be better though (Carb day!!)

have a couple of low carb beers, you will feel better. ;D
E

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 01:55:43 PM »
Hi Lee,

As I have heard on Pro BB weekly from Dan and Bob, the IFBB is still not giving you the freedom to compete in the PDI NOC while keeping your IFBB affiliation.  I believe you are training for the NOC and the Olympia, right?  Can some kind of petition be started to warrant you and all pros the opportunity to freely compete by gathering a certain number of signatures so it can pass in a IFBB meeting?  I hope so because I would really miss seeing you compete at the Olympia and future IFBB shows. Then again with the present PDI line-up I am sure that you and Vince Taylor would be the favorites to win the NOC.

Steven

You would have to ask Bob about that.I just dont get it if all the guys did both there would be no need for one.What they will suspend all IFBB pros?.MMMM so what shows would they have next year?

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 02:46:56 PM »
If football players can strike why can't bodybuilders?
bodybuildersreality.com

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 03:03:42 PM »

Cause they all bitch and complain about the way things are yet do nothing.So i don't know why they can't stand together.WE THE PEOPLE who the hell wrote that crap.:)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2006, 06:03:23 PM »
Well the names Lee Priest, Melvin Anthony, Ronnie, Jay. You guys are one in a million and your pros because of who you are and what you've done. If you guys went on strike, they'd be stumped completely! I'd love to see it! 5 year Oylimpia contracts for Millions. If a hockey player can get that to go play a fun game of hockey then a bodybuilder can get even more.
bodybuildersreality.com

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2006, 07:16:18 PM »
Cause they all bitch and complain about the way things are yet do nothing.So i don't know why they can't stand together.WE THE PEOPLE who the hell wrote that crap.:)

Yeah...I am sure if enough joined you in your thinking then the rules would change.  Athletes are of the midset "If enough people go before me then I'll join in".  When everyone thinks like that nothing gets changed.  I think Lee and Shawn are good examples of voicing an opinion despite what others think or the possible consequences. 

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2006, 06:00:03 AM »
Yeah...I am sure if enough joined you in your thinking then the rules would change.  Athletes are of the midset "If enough people go before me then I'll join in".  When everyone thinks like that nothing gets changed.  I think Lee and Shawn are good examples of voicing an opinion despite what others think or the possible consequences. 

So true,could you imagine at he Athletes meeting before the Olympia or any big show the athletes stood upi and said.Unless these demands are met we are not walking onstage tomorrow.And i don't mean stupid demands i mean just make it fair.Don't make us do dvds before the Olympia 3 of them and not get nothing for it.And if we don't do it we can't compete.We earnt the right to be in it by qualifying throughout the year.

I have heard others say that's not the time to do it.I say why not? It's the only way to make them listen.When i pulled out last year and sat down with Jim Manion and talked about the contract at the Olympia and the stuff in it.He said well "Lee i don't know what your talking about as i haven't seen or read the contract"
Isn't he the head of the Pro Division and yet dosen't know what his athletes have to sign.Oh well i am done on this subject the guys will not stand together.It's like beating a dead horse. They will do as they are told ,they will bitch and complain yet do nothig as usual.They need to come together as a group enough of this ME ME  attitude.Work together for the good of the sport for us and others to come.IT AIN'T ROCKET SCIENCE. NOW TAKE A FUCKING STAND GUYS :)

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2006, 07:37:20 AM »
So true,could you imagine at he Athletes meeting before the Olympia or any big show the athletes stood upi and said.Unless these demands are met we are not walking onstage tomorrow.And i don't mean stupid demands i mean just make it fair.Don't make us do dvds before the Olympia 3 of them and not get nothing for it.And if we don't do it we can't compete.We earnt the right to be in it by qualifying throughout the year.

I have heard others say that's not the time to do it.I say why not? It's the only way to make them listen.When i pulled out last year and sat down with Jim Manion and talked about the contract at the Olympia and the stuff in it.He said well "Lee i don't know what your talking about as i haven't seen or read the contract"
Isn't he the head of the Pro Division and yet dosen't know what his athletes have to sign.Oh well i am done on this subject the guys will not stand together.It's like beating a dead horse. They will do as they are told ,they will bitch and complain yet do nothig as usual.They need to come together as a group enough of this ME ME  attitude.Work together for the good of the sport for us and others to come.IT AIN'T ROCKET SCIENCE. NOW TAKE A FUCKING STAND GUYS :)

Especially the guys that get the shaft at the Olympia with great physiques like Troy, David Henry, Darrem, Kris Dim etc.  They come in sharp everytime but get thrown to the lions everytime they step on stage with the bigger guys. They lose money just preparing for the Olympia and what do they get to show for it (no DVD bonus money, no compensation, medical coverage?) I am not sure. I'd be wondering, "I spent hundreds maybe thousands of dollars on food and risked my health just to get overlooked and not even compensated?" I know Bob voices some of these things in the meetings which is good but if the athletes want more, demand it together. I see on past Olympia press conference footage that guys like Shawn are the only ones that say anything that goes against the grain and everyone else agrees but is too scared to speak up. 

gary67

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2006, 07:46:42 AM »
Especially the guys that get the shaft at the Olympia with great physiques like Troy, David Henry, Darrem, Kris Dim etc.  They come in sharp everytime but get thrown to the lions everytime they step on stage with the bigger guys. They lose money just preparing for the Olympia and what do they get to show for it (no DVD bonus money, no compensation, medical coverage?) I am not sure. I'd be wondering, "I spent hundreds maybe thousands of dollars on food and risked my health just to get overlooked and not even compensated?" I know Bob voices some of these things in the meetings which is good but if the athletes want more, demand it together. I see on past Olympia press conference footage that guys like Shawn are the only ones that say anything that goes against the grain and everyone else agrees but is too scared to speak up. 
Lets not be fooled by Chick. Do you really think his best interest is the athletes. Lets not forget who pays Chick ;) I mean do you really think he deserved a perfect score at his last show from the judges. Not taking anything away fom Chick i thought he looked good. But a perfect score ::)

Tryinghard

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2006, 07:54:12 AM »
I have been reading alot of MD, and have been following alot of what is said about the IFBB and how they treat or should I say Mis-treat there BB's.  These guy do what they have to do day in and day out.  We know it is no picnic, and look what they get.

I have to agree with Lee, a lot of these guy say this, but do that.  I think it's alot like the guy that wants to be a leader (Which we know Lee is, look at what he has done this year alone) but they dont stand up and take control.

Let's hope that with what Lee has done already bleed over to the others and they follow suite.

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2006, 08:00:57 AM »
Lets not be fooled by Chick. Do you really think his best interest is the athletes. Lets not forget who pays Chick ;) I mean do you really think he deserved a perfect score at his last show from the judges. Not taking anything away fom Chick i thought he looked good. But a perfect score ::)

Personally,  I thought Bob was the best at the Masters and I would agree on the scoring.  But that is my opinion.  I have never met Bob but as athletes rep I think he does a great job at putting the ideas on the table that could improve the quality of the bb preparing for a show.  Medical benefits, increased Ironman money, etc. are all great ideas. 

gary67

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2006, 09:25:04 AM »
Personally,  I thought Bob was the best at the Masters and I would agree on the scoring.  But that is my opinion.  I have never met Bob but as athletes rep I think he does a great job at putting the ideas on the table that could improve the quality of the bb preparing for a show.  Medical benefits, increased Ironman money, etc. are all great ideas. 
Well i guess he is doing a better job than shawn :D  How great would it be if Lee was the athletes rep. I think the athletes would be better off. Nothing against Chick i just think bob is a company man who plays both sides of the fence. You need sombody like Lee who would tell it like it is. Lets face it, Lee will not be worried about what he says or who he has to say it too. That is just my opinion

latrell

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2006, 02:06:23 PM »

Well Lee see there is a problem. A lot of the athletes don't care much about the contract and are focused on the Sandow and the prizes, like Ronnie and Jay. Then the 3 most outspoken guys, Chick, Shawn, and yourself aren't even competing (unless you choose to compete). And the rest of the guys aren't outspoken at all, unless you guys form a union, and have a Chairman/Ceo of the Athletes Union, and an athletes Rep like Bob, and have active meetings 3-4x a year, there aint gonna be no changes.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2006, 03:53:18 PM »
Well Lee see there is a problem. A lot of the athletes don't care much about the contract and are focused on the Sandow and the prizes, like Ronnie and Jay. Then the 3 most outspoken guys, Chick, Shawn, and yourself aren't even competing (unless you choose to compete). And the rest of the guys aren't outspoken at all, unless you guys form a union, and have a Chairman/Ceo of the Athletes Union, and an athletes Rep like Bob, and have active meetings 3-4x a year, there aint gonna be no changes.

Well Ronnie will win.I signed to the Olympia it says in the new Flex i am in it.

sandstone

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2006, 04:08:25 PM »
Lee you arent droppin out of NOC are you? I got some expensive ass tickets to come out and support ya.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2006, 05:09:14 PM »
Lee you arent droppin out of NOC are you? I got some expensive ass tickets to come out and support ya.

No i will be there :)

brady

• Getbig I
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2006, 06:10:39 PM »
good luck man.

i would love to see you at the O, it has sucked the last few years cuz top athletes (like yourself) are skipping the show.

... but i understand, you gotta do what ya gotta do.

hopefully it works out in your favor this year.

latrell

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2006, 07:19:11 PM »
dude hes doing the noc, which means he can't do the olympia.

xavmaster

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2006, 02:37:01 AM »
Go LEE!
Its on vince vs LEE
BOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lee do you feel Vince to be more of a threat in the PDI because of the entertainment aspect with vince being a very entertaining poser?
Lee i'll be supporting you all the way  ;D

Dball

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2006, 05:56:05 AM »

Lee, you know where i stand on this, but im going to try to, at least, straighten out the legal misconceptions.  bodybuilders dont strike in that sense because they CAN'T. its not legal.  football players are part of a team, like employees, and therefore can form or join a union and strike were the needs of the union not met.  bobybuilders are not actually employees of ami or any other company, they are self employed (endorsement contracts dont count for this) so, if they were to stage a strike in the conventional sense, they would be subject to a very winnable antitrust lawsuit by ami.  what they can do, is just not compete.  if you took to top ten guys, plus all the relative newcomers getting attention and endorsements and they agreed on a code of negotiations with ami, and all stood together ans said we, individually, will not compete unless these "demands" are met, then that is perfectly legal.  forming a union or creating a picket sign strike is not.  all they really have to do is fugure out that next to every other proffessional athlete, they get paid and treated like dick.  bodybuilders, by nature are highly competitive and many times dont like other bodybuilders.  but if they could put all thiat away and sit down and talk with one another and work for a common goal, not just one of an individual, the entire sport would improve.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2006, 07:02:40 AM »
Lee, you know where i stand on this, but im going to try to, at least, straighten out the legal misconceptions.  bodybuilders dont strike in that sense because they CAN'T. its not legal.  football players are part of a team, like employees, and therefore can form or join a union and strike were the needs of the union not met.  bobybuilders are not actually employees of ami or any other company, they are self employed (endorsement contracts dont count for this) so, if they were to stage a strike in the conventional sense, they would be subject to a very winnable antitrust lawsuit by ami.  what they can do, is just not compete.  if you took to top ten guys, plus all the relative newcomers getting attention and endorsements and they agreed on a code of negotiations with ami, and all stood together ans said we, individually, will not compete unless these "demands" are met, then that is perfectly legal.  forming a union or creating a picket sign strike is not.  all they really have to do is fugure out that next to every other proffessional athlete, they get paid and treated like dick.  bodybuilders, by nature are highly competitive and many times dont like other bodybuilders.  but if they could put all thiat away and sit down and talk with one another and work for a common goal, not just one of an individual, the entire sport would improve.

No we can say we are not doing the show and nor do it.Then what? We all just stand there bnackstage till something happens or go home.:) Without the athlete the IFBB has NOTHING

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2006, 07:44:11 AM »
No we can say we are not doing the show and nor do it.Then what? We all just stand there bnackstage till something happens or go home.:) Without the athlete the IFBB has NOTHING

I always wondered why that hasnt happened... i mean without BB then there is no show ....
L