Author Topic: 2 serious question about Amino Acid(Drinks, not pill) and protein  (Read 1882 times)

New_Trainer

• Getbig II
(for the 1st question, I have searched GetBig forum and found some infos but still cannot answer my question)

1. there are some posts talk about we DO have a LIMIT on the amount of protein we can adsorb by our body per meal
and I've found infos about the process our body DIGEST protein, it needs enzyme to digest the protein and turn it into the essential and non-essential amino acids

so, based on some words from friends before(should be quite a many years ago), I've heard if we can increase the "protein digesting enzyme" in our body(should be stomach), then we can absorb more amino acid from food/drink (and avoid it's oxidation into things that give us energy)

is it true?

2. if I am having amino acid drink, when should I drink it?
before meal or after meal?
and also, my main source of protein(as least I think in this way) is milk
and u know when milk mixed with acidic liquid, the milk will become solidified.....

I ask this no.2 question is only because I know milk will solidify....
and I don't think I can have amino acid drink and then have milk immediately after that....

what should I do?

actually there's another reason for me to take amino acid supplement(absolutely not pills, as my mom will be quite nervous about it if she knows I am taking pills....)
I know that that amino acid drink I am having do have the BCAAs that can prevent "catabolism"(is it correctly spelled?)
coz.....my right bicep is smaller than my left bicep now( :'()
no, I am not guys using left hands, I use my right hand to write(not a leftist)
my right bicep should be bigger than my left bicep before(but I can't make sure on it, as I haven't checked it always, but I am really sure that they are at least of the same size, but not like now left bicep is bigger than right bicep)
I guess this would be the outcome of catabolism
I really want to avoid catabolism that it "melts" my muscles away..... :'(

my profile is : I have been doing weight exercise for a month
I strictly obey the rules for weight exercise that never train same muscle daily
I only train one muscle after a day's rest(e.g. Monday train, Tue rest, Wed train again...)
and I am also doing weight loss exercise now(e.g. biking in gym, cross trainer, no outdoor activities)
the time for each day is 30-40 mins at least, about once a week there would be 1 day I'll do it for more than a hour(usually only once)
and YES, I DO do cardio everyday, but the average is only 30-40 mins

my weight loss target is : I am 5'5" and 143 lbs now(was 160 lbs around 2 months ago ;D)
my most wanted target is....slim my belly
it is still 33" now (it was 36" ;D)

my plan was 3-4 lbs drop at least per week, but now it seems....
oh.....hopeless

so anyone can help me? :'(

oh yes, I have to add 1 point, that most of my body fat is not "lost" after I go into the gym
I only start it 1 month ago
but the "160 lbs to 150 lbs" period is before that
I was running in outdoor sports ground then, keep on running in the morning(1 hour) and in the evening(1 hour), that is around at least 2 hour daily

and yes, I have to mention I am on a diet now(I start from 2 months ago)
my diet is low carbs diet
so after my gym my food will be only vegetables(only the leaves, never eat something like carrots, coz I know that these would have carbs)
but I have stopped this sort of meal after my gym, coz I do guess it would be one possible reason for my catabolism

anyway, thx for patience for reading my post ;)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: 2 serious question about Amino Acid(Drinks, not pill) and protein
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 07:25:09 PM »
(for the 1st question, I have searched GetBig forum and found some infos but still cannot answer my question)

1. there are some posts talk about we DO have a LIMIT on the amount of protein we can adsorb by our body per meal
and I've found infos about the process our body DIGEST protein, it needs enzyme to digest the protein and turn it into the essential and non-essential amino acids

so, based on some words from friends before(should be quite a many years ago), I've heard if we can increase the "protein digesting enzyme" in our body(should be stomach), then we can absorb more amino acid from food/drink (and avoid it's oxidation into things that give us energy)

is it true?

2. if I am having amino acid drink, when should I drink it?
before meal or after meal?
and also, my main source of protein(as least I think in this way) is milk
and u know when milk mixed with acidic liquid, the milk will become solidified.....

I ask this no.2 question is only because I know milk will solidify....
and I don't think I can have amino acid drink and then have milk immediately after that....

what should I do?

actually there's another reason for me to take amino acid supplement(absolutely not pills, as my mom will be quite nervous about it if she knows I am taking pills....)
I know that that amino acid drink I am having do have the BCAAs that can prevent "catabolism"(is it correctly spelled?)
coz.....my right bicep is smaller than my left bicep now( :'()
no, I am not guys using left hands, I use my right hand to write(not a leftist)
my right bicep should be bigger than my left bicep before(but I can't make sure on it, as I haven't checked it always, but I am really sure that they are at least of the same size, but not like now left bicep is bigger than right bicep)
I guess this would be the outcome of catabolism
I really want to avoid catabolism that it "melts" my muscles away..... :'(

my profile is : I have been doing weight exercise for a month
I strictly obey the rules for weight exercise that never train same muscle daily
I only train one muscle after a day's rest(e.g. Monday train, Tue rest, Wed train again...)
and I am also doing weight loss exercise now(e.g. biking in gym, cross trainer, no outdoor activities)
the time for each day is 30-40 mins at least, about once a week there would be 1 day I'll do it for more than a hour(usually only once)
and YES, I DO do cardio everyday, but the average is only 30-40 mins

my weight loss target is : I am 5'5" and 143 lbs now(was 160 lbs around 2 months ago ;D)
my most wanted target is....slim my belly
it is still 33" now (it was 36" ;D)

my plan was 3-4 lbs drop at least per week, but now it seems....
oh.....hopeless

so anyone can help me? :'(

oh yes, I have to add 1 point, that most of my body fat is not "lost" after I go into the gym
I only start it 1 month ago
but the "160 lbs to 150 lbs" period is before that
I was running in outdoor sports ground then, keep on running in the morning(1 hour) and in the evening(1 hour), that is around at least 2 hour daily

and yes, I have to mention I am on a diet now(I start from 2 months ago)
my diet is low carbs diet
so after my gym my food will be only vegetables(only the leaves, never eat something like carrots, coz I know that these would have carbs)
but I have stopped this sort of meal after my gym, coz I do guess it would be one possible reason for my catabolism

anyway, thx for patience for reading my post ;)

You've only been at this for 1 month.
Learn the basics before trying to micro-manage everything.  Read the Basics sticky above & also the training board.
Your goals are very unclear.  5'5" / 143# and you're looking to lose  ???
Regardless of whether you're on a low-carb diet or not, post work out is not the time for leaves.  That's the time for high carb.
BCAA's are a good thing, but you have a TON of learning to do and areas you could more wisely spend your money, however, if you're hell bent on them - B4 and after your workout.
Very few are exactly the same measurements on both sides of their body.  Use dumbbells if you're that worried.
3-4lbs a week is not only unrealistic, it's not healthy.
:

New_Trainer

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 08:44:46 PM »

Learn the basics before trying to micro-manage everything.  Read the Basics sticky above & also the training board.
Your goals are very unclear.  5'5" / 143# and you're looking to lose  ???
Regardless of whether you're on a low-carb diet or not, post work out is not the time for leaves.  That's the time for high carb.
BCAA's are a good thing, but you have a TON of learning to do and areas you could more wisely spend your money, however, if you're hell bent on them - B4 and after your workout.
Very few are exactly the same measurements on both sides of their body.  Use dumbbells if you're that worried.
3-4lbs a week is not only unrealistic, it's not healthy.

can u kindly tell me pls, what do u mean by "use dumbbells" ? can u tell me more detail?

"5'5" / 143# and you're looking to lose  ???"----> I did mean I want to be more slim, specifically my belly

and, have to tell u, I am not taking amino acid pills
it's only drinks so I have to ask for the time I should take it, before or after having milk?

thx

added at later times
I have to let u know why I need to know about the details for using dumbbells in my case
as I am attending a training class now(1 trainer to 20 students)
the trainer tells me to do same weight, same reps for both side

but I found that it doesn't help much in my case to "balance the left and right biceps"
coz last nite I have done weight training according to his advice, but....
today I only feel muscle pain(not a severe one) on my left bicep, but not right bicep

I really wonder now should I stop training on my left bicep but just to train my right bicep....

FYI, my left bicep now is 33cm
right bicep is 32cm......

1 cm difference :'(

and I could feel my left bicep is still growing bigger now.... :'(

New_Trainer

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 09:08:17 AM »
pls................ :'(

I really need advice on when to have amino acid drink, pls.... :'(

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 11:49:24 AM »
pls................ :'(

I really need advice on when to have amino acid drink, pls.... :'(
can u kindly tell me pls, what do u mean by "use dumbbells" ? can u tell me more detail?

Just what I said.  Use dumbbells - not barbells

and, have to tell u, I am not taking amino acid pills
  I know.  You said that.

it's only drinks so I have to ask for the time I should take it, before or after having milk?

Amino Vital or something similar?  Like I said - B4 and after (and during would be ok) your workout.  Leave milk out of it.

I have to let u know why I need to know about the details for using dumbbells in my case
as I am attending a training class now(1 trainer to 20 students)
the trainer tells me to do same weight, same reps for both side
Trainer is right.

but I found that it doesn't help much in my case to "balance the left and right biceps"
coz last nite I have done weight training according to his advice, but....
today I only feel muscle pain(not a severe one) on my left bicep, but not right bicep

I really wonder now should I stop training on my left bicep but just to train my right bicep....

FYI, my left bicep now is 33cm 
right bicep is 32cm......

1 cm difference :'(
1 cm is nothing to worry about.

:

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 08:22:42 AM »

Learn the basics before trying to micro-manage everything. 

I agree, after one month you will grow fine even if you ate sh*t!  Stick to a normal healthy high protein diet.
It hasn't helped...

New_Trainer

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 12:53:07 PM »
Just what I said.  Use dumbbells - not barbells
  I know.  You said that.

Amino Vital or something similar?  Like I said - B4 and after (and during would be ok) your workout.  Leave milk out of it.
 Trainer is right.
1 cm is nothing to worry about.

no, it is not.....
33 cm and 32 cm is much much for your ownself
u can feel it's a much much difference as, I can't feel my right bicep as "muscle" now
it's soft, but it's different on left bicep, so I wonder I have done something wrong in my training..... :'(

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 07:06:36 PM »
you should check out this product line...

isagenix/Kristy,

Board policy and forum rules state no solicitation or selling of products.
Your post(s) are and will be deleted.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=62144.0
:

New_Trainer

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 12:01:45 PM »
Princess L, I just checked the web for the info of Amino Vital
no, mine is not the same

the one I buy is just a small bottle of "sour" drink that it state it has the 4 main bcaa we need, and also other ingredients that make u feel refreshing and energetic(it states so)

it's name is "amino gear" and I live in Asia(thought this product u can't find it in usa)

opps, I just found the page for the health drinks I am having now :
http://www.ajinomoto.com.hk/product_nutri.asp

;D