Author Topic: Anthony D'Arezzo - RIP  (Read 90795 times)

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Another death in Bodybuilding
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2006, 04:55:35 PM »
Glad I go for a physical once a year....  Some of my buddies haven't had physicals in decades....some of them smoke and party a lot too...few have already passed. A secreatary I work with talked with me today....her brother inlaw who is 34 was one of these guys....never went for a physical.

Just got diagnosed with testicular cancer...going through chemo now..... I'm due.....and I'm goin'

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2006, 04:58:46 PM »
JUST CALLED HIS CONTACT NUMBER AND GOT HIS MOM! :( IT IS TOO TRUE SHE SAID! I TOLD HER SHE HAS OUR PRAYERS! GOD BLESS HER AND HIS LOVED ONES!!!!!

http://www.anthonydarezzo.com/CONTACT.htm
RIP!!!!!!!!!! :(...
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2006, 04:58:51 PM »

Question: is the incidence of heart related deaths of cancers really higher amongst the bodybuilding drug abusing population?

I'm pretty sure there is no correlation with cancer.  As for heart disease, I'm uncertain.

Yeah directly and indirectly with steroids.
With GH YES, in fact they are working on a medicine that actually block growth hormone production to prevent cancer in those pre disposed with certain types of cancer mostly lung cancer.
Colon cancer breast cancer are the major ones casued by GH production

Woten

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • jugs
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2006, 04:59:45 PM »
RIP

Is that the original pic, Ken?

Damn, these guys take it WAY too far

RIP (well, they were, now they are just dead)
rons acunt

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2006, 05:04:38 PM »
Is that the original pic, Ken?

Damn, these guys take it WAY too far

RIP (well, they were, now they are just dead)
Actually...I was going to photo shop Dave's head but decided against it.....

it would be just wrong

;D

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2006, 05:14:45 PM »
Condolences to his family and friends. It always sucks when someone young passes away.

I'll probably get blasted for answering the question someone had about cancer and steriods but it was a legit question and no one answered.

Steriods destroy the thymus gland remnants and suppress the body's natural immune system. There's no simpler way to put it.

That's not opinion, just fact. If anyone says to the contrary and ask them to prove it. They give organ recipients steroids to suppress the immune system and prevent rejection. The body's T-cells mature in the thymic remnants, if that's destroyed where exactly are they supposed to mature? That's one of the reasons why people who use heavily in their teems are so suceptable to cancer later in life.

As far as the whole risk/reward thing goes.... only the individual can decide. In the same vein when we make decisions like that, good or bad, our loved ones should be taken into consideration.

OK, I'll go back to posting stupid crap now. :)

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2006, 05:21:12 PM »
Man that sucks so bad.. :'( :'( :'(

His poor family.. :'(

Its not worth it imho..not at all..

God bless his soul.

:(

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2006, 05:48:01 PM »

That's not opinion, just fact. If anyone says to the contrary and ask them to prove it. They give organ recipients steroids to suppress the immune system and prevent rejection.

WRONG, they give them cortico- steroids (not the same thing) and in fact that was years ago. Stop posting shit you know nothing about.

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2006, 05:51:13 PM »

Woten

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • jugs
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2006, 05:57:19 PM »
WRONG, they give them cortico- steroids (not the same thing) and in fact that was years ago. Stop posting shit you know nothing about.

Jake is a doctor, so dont be nasty, you horrid man!

yeah he was probably fast tracked down the affirmative action highway, but still!!!
rons acunt

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2006, 06:02:22 PM »
damn RIP, i remember reading about this dude in Steve Neece's column in Musclemag like 8 or 9 years ago, he was supposedly very strong in the gym, sad, 44 is way too young.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Woten

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • jugs
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2006, 06:10:08 PM »
damn RIP, i remember reading about this dude in Steve Neece's column in Musclemag like 8 or 9 years ago, he was supposedly very strong in the gym, sad, 44 is way too young.

'Muscle Beach' great column!

BTW, what ever happened to Neece? he was the epitome of good health, I bet he is sipping Pims by the pool someplace

Great guy
rons acunt

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2006, 06:11:37 PM »
Condolences to his family and friends. It always sucks when someone young passes away.

I'll probably get blasted for answering the question someone had about cancer and steriods but it was a legit question and no one answered.

Steriods destroy the thymus gland remnants and suppress the body's natural immune system. There's no simpler way to put it.

That's not opinion, just fact. If anyone says to the contrary and ask them to prove it. They give organ recipients steroids to suppress the immune system and prevent rejection. The body's T-cells mature in the thymic remnants, if that's destroyed where exactly are they supposed to mature? That's one of the reasons why people who use heavily in their teems are so suceptable to cancer later in life.

As far as the whole risk/reward thing goes.... only the individual can decide. In the same vein when we make decisions like that, good or bad, our loved ones should be taken into consideration.

OK, I'll go back to posting stupid crap now. :)
Testosterone and other androgens can both suppress and boost immunity. It's more complex than saying either/or. I think there are two "arms of attack" to the immune system, humoral and cell mediated, or something like that and androgens can boost one of them etc.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2006, 06:11:57 PM »

BTW, what ever happened to Neece? he was the epitome of good health, I bet he is sipping Pims by the pool someplace

Great guy
he died too.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2006, 06:12:09 PM »

Great guy
I think he's dead.

Woten

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • jugs
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2006, 06:13:37 PM »
rons acunt

toolarge4u

• Getbig III
  • Handicap stall is for dips you dicksock
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2006, 06:21:27 PM »
Just got this off another board.......

I've just received an unconfirmed report that a 44 yr old male competitor has passed away in his hotel room at the NPC Masters Nationals in Pittsburgh. Information is sketchy..but I've been informed he was from Rhode Island...Once I confirm this rumor I will let you all know...A tragedy if true and I know we all send out condolences to his family.....

UPDATE:
It has been confirmed that the competitor was a 44 yr old male from Rhode Island named Anthony...A friend of Dave Palumbo's....preliminary indications set the cause of death as a heart attack....this is another sad day for BB....The guy was warned because he had a heart condition.......its just sad

Sad to say my friend is gone, i was on the phone with mike(friend of mine an anthony) who was in the room with anthony, the phone called ended abruptly and i got a call back few hours later with the news he wsa gone. Im numb and saddend i lost a friend an someone whos helped me for years. RIP big man. He loved this sport more then most can comprehend. Thats all i will say

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2006, 06:29:07 PM »
whats ba dis there is a pic of this guy on another post from the wiegh ins  and the person who original posted the pictures put up a pic on anthiony and said wtf is this?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2006, 06:40:06 PM »
fuck fuck fuck

anthony dead..............http://www.anthonydarezzo.com/

i knew anthony..............jes us

Stavios

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2006, 06:50:21 PM »
I did no know Anthony but that's a sad news.

RIP  :(

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2006, 06:57:07 PM »
learn what?  Not to live life doing what you love? Some people live their whole lives wishing they had done this or that.  He died doing what he wanted to be doing.  More of a victory than a tragedy.  It's sad to see anyone go that early but. the tragedy are those who go through life wishing they had.  The tragedy are all those fat ass mcdonalds eating nightly beer drinking clowns that die from a heart attack in their 40's leaving 3 kids and a wife wondering wtf they're going to do now. 

???

::)
HAHA, RON.....

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2006, 06:59:49 PM »
learn what?  Not to live life doing what you love? Some people live their whole lives wishing they had done this or that.  He died doing what he wanted to be doing.  More of a victory than a tragedy.  It's sad to see anyone go that early but. the tragedy are those who go through life wishing they had.  The tragedy are all those fat ass mcdonalds eating nightly beer drinking clowns that die from a heart attack in their 40's leaving 3 kids and a wife wondering wtf they're going to do now. 

most retarded statement ever... ???

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2006, 07:01:16 PM »
cause of death: the long misuse and abuse of hormones. like any other death in the last couple years,,,few are as a result of hormones + narcs and many  is simply due to over loading the system with toxins nonstop,, exteremly high doses of orals (halos and anapolons)and unheard of high doses of the more harsh solutions made by ug basment/apt "labs" such as trenbolone ace and liquid halo and czech drops. DIRTY AND TOXIC. i blame UG OPERATIONS as part of death here. do you think palumbo and warren will live to see 50-60? i say try again.
fallen angel

Stavios

« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2006, 07:04:15 PM »
???

::)

To be honnest my friend Gordiano, I am starting to think like this guy.

My dad never smoked, drank, did drugs of anything that could be bad for his healt.

Last year he got really sick. They said he had liver problems because of his medications for epilepsy ( sorry if that isn't a word in english lol )
after that they found he had some types of leukymia that can't be threaded so he takes for 4k worth of medication per month right now..

My point is.... we can all get sick or die so why don't we just let the destiny take care of those problems why we can enjoy life a little bit

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2006, 07:10:06 PM »
most retarded statement ever... ???

that's right it was one of the more retarted statments i have seen on this board. if the person has kids,,,and wife,,,,and the guy as you can all tell was nothing to write home about when it comes to proffessional bodybuilding,,waste of life.
fallen angel