Author Topic: Would anyone be interested in me doing a DC training journal?  (Read 8975 times)

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
I've been doing DC training for awhile, well I did it pretty hardcore back in July of 2004 and went from 194-211 in about 6 weeks, best gains I've had in along time.  We got some very bad news and I had to stop training real hard, I still did DC but my mind and soul werent really into it.

Anyway, I was about 3 weeks into my current blast and I got hit with Diverticulitus-lets just call it a stomach infection, so I spent the first part of last week in the hospital but I'm doing ok and might start training again this week on Monday.

I'm about 5'7" or 5'8" tall...don't really know, lets just say I know I'm not tall and don't have a problem with it and I weigh about 205 right now.  My BF is about 12%, maybe a little higher.  I guess I'm pretty strong, I don't lie on my lifts so what I type is what I can move, if I do any special modifications to a movement I'll explain them for instance I hurt my shoulder wrestling in high school so when I do smith machine military presses I can use a ton of weight but I only lower the bar to my nose anything else and I'm hurting for a few days.  I'm experimenting with some new movements because I'm working out at powerhouse right now so I hve access to alot of new equipment. I was at the local rec center before.  Here's an example of one of my workouts:

flat dumbbell press-120*14 RP
seated DB press-90*15 RP
machine dip-220*17
Front pulldown-210*18
t-bar-190*4
         135*10

I had more problems getting the dB's into position for the DB pressing movements-no spotter.  Stretches after every movement, statics when I could do them.  The powerhouse I go to only goes up to the 130's so I'll outgrow them soon enough....

I was thinking of doing a journal...what do you guys think?
nasser=piece of shit

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: Would anyone be interested in me doing a DC training journal?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 03:03:56 PM »
I think its a great idea. Hope you're better now and hope we can burry our past "diferences". ;D
just push some weight!

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 03:43:11 PM »
I think its a great idea. Hope you're better now and hope we can burry our past "diferences". ;D

well, I wouldn't say "better"..I'm still in a little pain and on alot of antibiotics...my diet will suck for the next 3 weeks until I go back for a checkup.  I'm on "no" fiber so I have to eat some things that I don't usaully eat like white bread which is shitty for cutting fat.
nasser=piece of shit

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 12:57:49 AM »
well, I wouldn't say "better"..I'm still in a little pain and on alot of antibiotics...my diet will suck for the next 3 weeks until I go back for a checkup.  I'm on "no" fiber so I have to eat some things that I don't usaully eat like white bread which is shitty for cutting fat.
isn't that were your stomach messes up and you have to use a shit-bag if so sorry to hear that bro my aunt just got over it so i know were your coming from she had to have emergency surgery and had a open wound for weeks it was a real pain in the ass(no pun intended)

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 05:37:19 AM »
isn't that were your stomach messes up and you have to use a shit-bag if so sorry to hear that bro my aunt just got over it so i know were your coming from she had to have emergency surgery and had a open wound for weeks it was a real pain in the ass(no pun intended)

that's really extreme.  I have a very, very, very mild case.  The doctores say that if I follow the diet they describe which is high fiber, no popcorn, corn, nuts or seeds I'll be fine. 
nasser=piece of shit

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 01:46:47 PM »
that's really extreme.  I have a very, very, very mild case.  The doctores say that if I follow the diet they describe which is high fiber, no popcorn, corn, nuts or seeds I'll be fine. 
she has to follow that same diet for the rest of her life

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 06:43:43 AM »
she has to follow that same diet for the rest of her life

ditto on that one.  I can't eat as much red meat as before either.  As long as I follow the diet which should not be a problem and stay pretty stress free I'll be fine.

I'm still debating wether or not I'm gonna hit the weights today or not.  I've only been out of the hospital for a few days but I feel "OK" so maybe....
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 09:33:48 AM »
Today was my first day back, I knew it was gonna be rough, some of my reps went down a little but I'm not worried, if I don't crush them next time, I'll rotate in a new movement.  It's very hot, about 95 and I wanted to take it a little easy because of my "illness" so I cut it a little short.  I don't want to end up in the hospital again so where I would usually just say screw it and continue today I listened to what my body had to say.

I probably weighed about 203 this morning.  I'm eating clean again but very low fiber and I have to eat white bread so that's a bummer.

anyway this is what i did:

Incline DB Press:  120*8-actually this was a straight set, I went to do my second RP and I couldn't budge them, I gave it a good try...last workout I got 10, it went something like 6*3*1 so I was on my way to beating it but I'll just rack this one up as being a little weak from last week.

Smith Machine Military Press:  275*15-to my nose, plus a 15 second static and 30 second stretch.

"Power" pushdowns:  140*15-I came up with these myself...kinda hard to explain but my body mechanics are nothing like a regular pushdown.  I also did a stretch with 60lbs DB for 30 seconds.

Underhand Hammer Machine Pulldown:115*12-one arm at a time, both with statics at the end, my left arm did better than my right which was a little wierd.  45 second stretch.

That was it, I had some hammer rows to do but I didn't think it was worth it just yet.  I should be back on track by the end of the week.
nasser=piece of shit

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 09:43:20 AM »
Your supposed to stretch for 60 seconds! ;)
just push some weight!

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2006, 10:03:09 AM »
Your supposed to stretch for 60 seconds! ;)

nahhh, you can do anywhere from 30 to 60 seconds..I pretty much stretch for all I'm worth so I don't know if I could even get to 60 on some things.  I was shaking pretty bad on the chest and tri stretch...I don't think I could have gotten 60 seconds..I've tried 60 before and it seemed like I didn't really get anything out of it.  I'll re-check the dog logg tonight and if it says 60, I'll do 60!
nasser=piece of shit

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2006, 10:52:14 AM »
Smith Machine Pulldowns?  ???
follow the arrows

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 11:48:52 AM »
Smith Machine Pulldowns?  ???

Sorry, I meant Hammer..I changed it.
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2006, 04:35:37 PM »
did 45 mins of cardio today...it's like 99 degrees outside and Powerhouse does not believe in air conditioning....I don't get it, how f'n hot does it have to be before they'll turn on the GD air?
nasser=piece of shit

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2006, 04:37:49 PM »
did 45 mins of cardio today...it's like 99 degrees outside and Powerhouse does not believe in air conditioning....I don't get it, how f'n hot does it have to be before they'll turn on the GD air?

Quit your bitchin lol! take it like a man! Arnold trained in bellow zero environments.

I did cardio for an hour today and get a crazy pump. :)
just push some weight!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2006, 08:08:50 AM »
i'd follow it from time to time  :)
Z

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2006, 09:37:39 AM »
well here's what I did today, still no f'n air, I didn't try to crush what I did last workout but just tried to stay on track, I'm still not feeling 100% and the diet isn't helping but I gave it a go anyway.

Dumbbell curls-65*11RP-I kinda died out at the end which was wierd, I was shooting for 13 but I got what I had last workout so that was ok, like I said I still don't feel 100%.  Did a 27 count static and a 60 count stretch.

Hammer curls-65*18RP with my left arm
                   65*21RP with my right arm-actually used more weight than last workout so that was good.

seated calf-155*10-brutal, done in DC fashion.  Got the same number of reps as last workout so I didn't loose any ground.  Did 30 partials at the end, not really a dc tactic but I tried it and liked it so I'm gonna do it.

Leg Press-855*5-I should have done a widowmakeer but I was really feeling shitty by now, I'll pick it up again next time.  30 count static and a 60 count stretch.

Sumo Leg Press-405*15 Straight set, 30 count static and a 60 count stretch.

Overall it was a good workout all things considered.
nasser=piece of shit

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2006, 10:30:48 AM »
well here's what I did today, still no f'n air, I didn't try to crush what I did last workout but just tried to stay on track, I'm still not feeling 100% and the diet isn't helping but I gave it a go anyway.

Dumbbell curls-65*11RP-I kinda died out at the end which was wierd, I was shooting for 13 but I got what I had last workout so that was ok, like I said I still don't feel 100%.  Did a 27 count static and a 60 count stretch.

Hammer curls-65*18RP with my left arm
                   65*21RP with my right arm-actually used more weight than last workout so that was good.

seated calf-155*10-brutal, done in DC fashion.  Got the same number of reps as last workout so I didn't loose any ground.  Did 30 partials at the end, not really a dc tactic but I tried it and liked it so I'm gonna do it.

Leg Press-855*5-I should have done a widowmakeer but I was really feeling shitty by now, I'll pick it up again next time.  30 count static and a 60 count stretch.

Sumo Leg Press-405*15 Straight set, 30 count static and a 60 count stretch.

Overall it was a good workout all things considered.

A workout fit for a woman.
just push some weight!

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2006, 11:00:17 AM »

and here I've been trying to be nice to you.  What excactly is womenlike about the workout, keep in mind I just got out of the hospital a week ago.
nasser=piece of shit

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2006, 11:10:41 AM »
and here I've been trying to be nice to you.  What excactly is womenlike about the workout, keep in mind I just got out of the hospital a week ago.

You keep on making excuses why you can't do this.. why you can't do that all the bitchin is womanlike is all.
just push some weight!

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2006, 11:23:37 AM »
You keep on making excuses why you can't do this.. why you can't do that all the bitchin is womanlike is all.

whatever.  I hope you never have to go through what I did last week and what I'm still dealing with.  You wanna be a little bitch again go ahead.  Simple fact of the matter is you got nothing I can't handle, in the gym or on the street and here I gave you f'n training advice and you go back to being a bitch.  FUCK OFF.
nasser=piece of shit

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2006, 11:25:19 AM »
whatever.  I hope you never have to go through what I did last week and what I'm still dealing with.  You wanna be a little bitch again go ahead.  Simple fact of the matter is you got nothing I can't handle, in the gym or on the street and here I gave you f'n training advice and you go back to being a bitch.  f**k OFF.

How about I give you some training advice.. lift big and stop bitching!
just push some weight!

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2006, 11:35:17 AM »
How about I give you some training advice.. lift big and stop bitching!

what am I not lifting heavy on?  65lbs DB curls is pretty heavy, 855 lbs leg press is pretty heavy....I wiegh under 200 cause of the diet they put me on..I've lost about 8lbs in a week.  Where do you think I'm weak?  In all honesty I probably shouldn't even be training but I love doing it so that's why I'm in the gym.  I think I'm doing well, that's all that really matters.   You need to understand that being strong is relative, I'm stronger than alot of guys I know but I might not be strong compared to another set of guys.  If I keep progressing that's all that really matters.
nasser=piece of shit

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2006, 01:09:59 PM »
what am I not lifting heavy on?  65lbs DB curls is pretty heavy, 855 lbs leg press is pretty heavy....I wiegh under 200 cause of the diet they put me on..I've lost about 8lbs in a week.  Where do you think I'm weak?  In all honesty I probably shouldn't even be training but I love doing it so that's why I'm in the gym.  I think I'm doing well, that's all that really matters.   You need to understand that being strong is relative, I'm stronger than alot of guys I know but I might not be strong compared to another set of guys.  If I keep progressing that's all that really matters.

Its depressing reading your excuses thats all.. keep up the good work.
just push some weight!

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2006, 03:35:15 PM »
Its depressing reading your excuses thats all.. keep up the good work.

they're not meant to be excuses.  Life isn't all peaches and cream and sometimes you have to deal with things that might screw up your training.  I want this to be a "real" depiction of what I do in the gym.  I could lie and say "I curled the 65's 15 times today" but I didn't.  Did I fail due to my problems last week?  Maybe, maybe not.  I think I did.  It's very rare that I don't beat my logbook.  I guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks.  Maybe I'm holding back subconciously, I don't know.  I know I still worked pretty f'n hard this week and I feel good about what I accomplished so far.  Now next time I hit this workout and if I fail then I'll start to worry.
nasser=piece of shit

Miss Demeanor

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2006, 01:40:35 PM »

LOL.

Alex, even a mild case of Diverticulitus is nasty business.  Al isn't "excusing" himself of anything!