Author Topic: when will i be able to deadlift again?!  (Read 1094 times)

nodeal

• Getbig III
when will i be able to deadlift again?!
« on: September 02, 2006, 12:50:25 AM »
back in february i got bad lower back pain after my first set of deadlifts. i was told i pulled a muscle in my back from a chiropractor but i dont know cause they bullshit sometimes. after about a week i felt better and got back into working out.

i tried deadlifting again in march and it felt great. then i tried it a second time in april and i got the same feeling after my first set. a bad pain in my lower back, mainly on my left side. i was also unable to lift the weight i was once doing for 6 reps even once.

after having to take another week off i decided it was time to call it quits on the deadlifts for now. now its the beginning of september and i still have not done deadlifts. i am waiting for the pain to completely go away. i still feel it when i do stiff legged deadlifts, when im sitting for long periods of time, and even a little bit when i do tbar rows or barbell rows.

the pain isnt severe when i do feel it but its uncomfortable and a bad reminder of how i felt when i did the deadlifts.

i guess im waiting for the pain to completely 100% go away before i start doing deadlifts but does anybody know approx how long this is going to take? and also any other insight on this? thanks

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Re: when will i be able to deadlift again?!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 01:36:03 AM »
All I know is when your ready to deadlift again you should probably start with light weight and make sure your form is perfect.

GOOD LUCK!
S

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 07:36:07 AM »
What have you tried to relieve the pain?

Walking is a simple exercises to strength the core (abs and lower back). Swimming does the same. I don't really understand why you only went to a chiropractor and not a physiotherapist.
He could give you some basic exercises to strength the core. Some of them only use a simple fitnessball to do certain exercises, no fancy things.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 06:47:21 AM »
Yeah, core work is essential. Almost every power movement requires core stability (e.g. Deadlift, Squat, Bench Press, Push Press.) When you start to neglect using your core to keep you straight/stable, injuries are more likely IMO.