Author Topic: Powerful quotes that make sense today...  (Read 10699 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Powerful quotes that make sense today...
« on: September 02, 2006, 01:18:37 AM »
The chain reaction of evil--wars producing more wars -- must be broken, or we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.
~George Washington

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official...
~Theodore Roosevelt

Military glory--that attractive rainbow, that rises in showers of blood--that serpent's eye, that charms to destroy...
~Abraham Lincoln

Only a free and unrestrained press can effectively expose deception in government.
~Hugo Black, Supreme Court Justice

Nations, like individuals, are punished for their transgressions.
~Ulysses S. Grant

It would be easier to subjugate the entire universe through force than the minds of a single village.
~Voltaire

Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~Benjamin Franklin

An army of principles can penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot.
~Thomas Paine

It is unpatriotic not to tell the truth, whether about the president or anyone else.
~Theodore Roosevelt

Our country is now geared to an arms economy bred in an artificually induced psychosis of war hysteria and an incessant propaganda of fear.
~General Douglas MacArthur

The statesman who yields to war fever...is no longer the master of policy but the slave of unforeseeable and uncontrollable events.
~Sir Winston Churchill

In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act.
~George Orwell

Love of power, operating through greed and through personal ambition, was the cause of all these evils.
~Thucydides

It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong.
~Voltaire

No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.
~James Madison

We will not learn how to live together in peace by killing each other's children.
~Jimmy Carter

That we are to stand by the president, right or wrong is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.
~Theodore Roosevelt

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive.
~Thomas Jefferson

Political language ... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
~George Orwel

The Department of Defense is the behemoth...With an annual budget larger than the gross domestic product of Russia, it is an empire.
~The 9/11 Commission Report About the quote: Norton First Edition

Our enemies...never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
~George W. Bush

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Re: Powerful quotes that make sense today...
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 01:31:50 AM »
I hope to god these hardcore Bush supporters see whats happening soon.  This is serious. 
S

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 01:39:25 AM »
Your quotes are applicable to 911 240.

You are officially a nutcase. Let it go for a while... cold turkey and post about a different damn topic... :-\
الاسلام هو شيطانية

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 02:17:04 AM »
“We often refuse to accept an idea merely because the tone of voice in which it has been expressed is unsympathetic to us.” --Friedrich Nietzsche

"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." -- John Maynard Keynes

"One of the first moves of a dictatorship is to stifle the artists and thinkers who have the ability to stir up dissent from any prescribed dogma which might enslave them."  -- Uta Hagen

“The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed, and thus clamorous to be led to safety, by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” --Henry L. Mencken (1880-1956)

"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities, has the power to make you commit injustices," --Voltaire

“How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep?” --Proverbs 6:9

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself." -- Archibald MacLeish

"Minds are like parachutes. They only function when open."--Thomas Dewar

"To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right." -- Confucius

"Respect begins when we begin to acknowledge and accept perceptions besides our own." -- Gary A. Johnson

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and the government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain

"You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction overnight." -- Jim Rohn

"The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." -- Winston Churchill

"Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but usually manages to pick himself up, walk over or around it, and carry on." -- Winston Churchill

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." -- Albert Einstein

"The world we have created is a product of our thinking; it cannot be changed without changing our thinking" --Albert Einstein

"If you are planning for a year, sow rice; If you're planning for a decade, plant tress; If you're planning for a lifetime, educate people" --Chinese proverb

"Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong." -- Prime Minister Diefenbaker, March 11, 1958

"Never do anything against conscience even if the state demands it." --Albert Einstein

"Every government is run by liars, and nothing they say should be believed." -- I.F. Stone

“Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so. How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar.” --Caesar
w

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 02:40:20 AM »
"Don't eat yellow snow"

My father 1978

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 02:17:58 PM »
You are officially a nutcase.

I spent 6 months studying the evidence and reached the conclusion that it was an inside job.

How much time did you spend to reach your conclusion?
What sources, besides network tv, have you used?

Also, will you admit that the US has used false flag incidents in teh past to achieve its goals?

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 02:22:44 PM »
I spent 6 months studying the evidence and reached the conclusion that it was an inside job.

Also, will you admit that the US has used false flag incidents in teh past to achieve its goals?

And exactly what are you going to do with all this research? Talk about it on a bbing message board? It's getting fucking old.
E

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2006, 02:24:02 PM »

Exactly

Quotes were pre 9/11 except for GWB's. If people seriously think they can have diplomacy with terrorists then they're deluded!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2006, 02:24:59 PM »
Quotes were pre 9/11 except for GWB's. If people seriously think they can have diplomacy with terrorists then they're deluded!!

We're in complete agreement here.

I just think the list of terrorists shuld include some white guys in DC, if they knew about 911 beforehand.  Would you agree?

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2006, 02:26:11 PM »

I just think the list of terrorists shuld include some white guys in DC, if they knew about 911 beforehand.  Would you agree?

why are you talking about this stupid shit on this site?
E

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2006, 02:28:32 PM »
why are you talking about this stupid shit on this site?

It's a general board.  people frequently talk politics, the news, and other things which affect our country.

This week, the 911 skeptics have had major coverage in newspapers and magazines all over the place.  it fits in the category of General.  And I didn't bring up 911, someone else did.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2006, 02:30:51 PM »
It's a general board.  people frequently talk politics, the news, and other things which affect our country.

This week, the 911 skeptics have had major coverage in newspapers and magazines all over the place.  it fits in the category of General.  And I didn't bring up 911, someone else did.

Aren't there better avenues to share your extensive research than getbig?
E

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2006, 02:31:44 PM »

Why do you keep pulling about what I believe and what I don't believe?

My comment was basically a suggestion to YOU to cool it with this shit, it seems like way too big a part of your life at the moment.

Fucking chill about it for a while. Regroup and rethink for a week. We all win. Your arguement will become stronger and our impression of you will be less of a pretentious conpiracist!
الاسلام هو شيطانية

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2006, 02:36:42 PM »
Aren't there better avenues to share your extensive research than getbig?

people come here to exchange ideas, thoughts, views, and information.  I am posting on topics which is all over the media, all over campuses, and 9 days away from the 5-year anniversary.  I have a belief that 911 was an inside job, or at the very least, the White house had foreknowledge.  I contend that there should be a new investigation.

People here like to argue and we like to discuss/dabte. That's what we're doing.  I stopped with the 10 911 threads a day.  I just add to the merged thread, and spek on 911 when others bring it up and I have an educated opinion no the matter.

IMO, anyone who lives in America or whose life is influenced in any way by the US should research this topic.  If there was a killer on your street who burned up 3000 people one morning, and he still lived there, would there be anything wrong with telling the other neighbors about it?

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2006, 02:44:38 PM »
people come here to exchange ideas, thoughts, views, and information.  I am posting on topics which is all over the media, all over campuses, and 9 days away from the 5-year anniversary.  I have a belief that 911 was an inside job, or at the very least, the White house had foreknowledge.  I contend that there should be a new investigation.

People here like to argue and we like to discuss/dabte. That's what we're doing.  I stopped with the 10 911 threads a day.  I just add to the merged thread, and spek on 911 when others bring it up and I have an educated opinion no the matter.

IMO, anyone who lives in America or whose life is influenced in any way by the US should research this topic.  If there was a killer on your street who burned up 3000 people one morning, and he still lived there, would there be anything wrong with telling the other neighbors about it?

I don't give a fuck what you talk about, but you are not funny anymore. :-\ You are OBSESSED!
E

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2006, 02:46:33 PM »

I would agree if that were the case...but I don't buy it. There are too many Bush hate mongers who wanted Bush out from the beginning dating all the way back to the "Bush stole the election" scandal, these idiots are still convinced he stole the election and thats they have been trying to sabatoge his every move since day one!!  Sorry for the rant.

ozman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2006, 03:02:15 PM »
"Don't eat yellow snow"

My father 1978

HA

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2006, 03:05:57 PM »
Exactly

I agree also.  But there are better ways to deal with terrorist then the ways we are doing now.  Start with Saudi Arabia.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2006, 03:45:51 PM »
I would agree if that were the case...but I don't buy it. There are too many Bush hate mongers who wanted Bush out from the beginning dating all the way back to the "Bush stole the election" scandal, these idiots are still convinced he stole the election and thats they have been trying to sabatoge his every move since day one!!  Sorry for the rant.

Fair enough.  I agree completely that some are out to get bush out using anything. 

Since we KNOW that the pentagon brass all cancelled their flights on 9/11 (admitted to newsweek by the pentagon), and that Condi Rice called Mayor Willie brown and told him not to fly the next morning 9admitted by Willie brown himself), would you support at least putting these people under oath and asking them how they knew not to fly the next day?

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2006, 03:55:18 PM »
"Modern medicine has many excellent medications to help deal with paranoia and its accompanying delusions. But we're still working on a cure for aimlessness--especially when it's masquerading as autodidacticism.  All I can recommend at this point in time is therapy."

Dr. James Edward Wolfe III--American Medical Association.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2006, 04:58:04 PM »
Fair enough.  I agree completely that some are out to get bush out using anything. 

Since we KNOW that the pentagon brass all cancelled their flights on 9/11 (admitted to newsweek by the pentagon), and that Condi Rice called Mayor Willie brown and told him not to fly the next morning 9admitted by Willie brown himself), would you support at least putting these people under oath and asking them how they knew not to fly the next day?

I'm not going to agree with everything you say about a conspiracy, I'm sure there was a reason why Condi called Brown and other flights, if you have been researching then I'm sure you know that we have been tracking terrorist communication for years and threats are made all the time, that being said, if stopped air transportation everytime they heard of a threat our country and the world would be shut down. Does the President (any president) know of threats on a daily basis..of course, but they cannot act on every threat. But since Bush has been in office and since 9/11 I believe Bush has taken every threat seriously and had done something about it, like him or not, I couldn't imagine anyone else doing a better job protecting our country, mistakes are made all the time, but hell, who doesn't make mistakes?

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2006, 05:10:21 PM »

How come the president flew on 9-11. Isn't he still the head of the military?

I don't buy your story.
Z

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2006, 05:14:43 PM »
How come the president flew on 9-11. Isn't he still the head of the military?

I don't buy your story.

dude, the implication is that Condi and the pentagon brass knew there would be 4 commercial planes hijacked.

The President flies on air force one. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2006, 05:18:24 PM »
I'm not going to agree with everything you say about a conspiracy, I'm sure there was a reason why Condi called Brown and other flights, if you have been researching then I'm sure you know that we have been tracking terrorist communication for years and threats are made all the time, that being said, if stopped air transportation everytime they heard of a threat our country and the world would be shut down. Does the President (any president) know of threats on a daily basis..of course, but they cannot act on every threat. But since Bush has been in office and since 9/11 I believe Bush has taken every threat seriously and had done something about it, like him or not, I couldn't imagine anyone else doing a better job protecting our country, mistakes are made all the time, but hell, who doesn't make mistakes?

Condi said on the stand that she had no one in the administration had any information on any danger that morning.

Heads of several other countries have come out and said they gave very specific information about an upcoming attack to Bush.  Two countries even gave the date as 9/10 or 9/11.

Condi lied to the 911 commission.  As did Rummy, when he said he had no knowledge of any warning at all.  He runs the pentagon.  Any info that came through there about 9/11 would stop on his desk.

I want a new investigation because they lied about what they knew.  Israel's Mossad warned them and was ignored.  They even broke leases and moved israeli companies out of the towers a week before 9/11, because they knew it was coming.

It appears that Bush ignored the very specific warning.  I am not blaming bush or accusing him - I would like an impartial investigation to take place so that he could be asked "Did Mossad tell you this, or are they lying?"

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2006, 05:23:05 PM »
Condi said on the stand that she had no one in the administration had any information on any danger that morning.

Heads of several other countries have come out and said they gave very specific information about an upcoming attack to Bush.  Two countries even gave the date as 9/10 or 9/11.

Condi lied to the 911 commission.  As did Rummy, when he said he had no knowledge of any warning at all.  He runs the pentagon.  Any info that came through there about 9/11 would stop on his desk.

I want a new investigation because they lied about what they knew.  Israel's Mossad warned them and was ignored.  They even broke leases and moved israeli companies out of the towers a week before 9/11, because they knew it was coming.

It appears that Bush ignored the very specific warning.  I am not blaming bush or accusing him - I would like an impartial investigation to take place so that he could be asked "Did Mossad tell you this, or are they lying?"

yep yep yep