Author Topic: Outer head Bi  (Read 9809 times)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
Re: Outer head Bi
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2006, 11:52:13 AM »
I don't think it's accurate for me.

But lets see, shall we.

I'll do the EZ-curl for biceps every other week for a couple of months, once I get a solid rep with 185 lbs, not the cheating kind, I'll get back to you with how big the difference will be.

YIP
Zack

Cool...i'll try the same but use the EZ bar as well, when i did 185 it was a straight bar and my friend was warming up for squats and i just tried it for the hell of it. should be a cool test...i'll also try it as strict as possible in a month or so. i haven't been doing BB curls the last month.

8)

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2006, 12:08:00 PM »
JPM Stats: 34 year old, 238lbs, 6'2, large frame, large bone size. Natural stronger pull than push, which influences the curling strength very much. In college 280-285lbs bwt (football lineman) curl around 230's for 5's, or so, than in regular workouts. Slight knee start and  backbend. Always been my style.

But so what? I don't consider that curling weight anything special, just a little above average for a experienced lifter. Most BB'ers use moderate weights and endless sets for biceps rather than slapping on some plates and doing a few sets of heavy cheat curls. Getting the idea than cheat curls (or any other form of cheating) is not the way to curl is incorect. Cheating can be an art form when it's  not a version of reverse cleans.  A very usefull and productive style of training, from  time to time, in any workout year. A lot of guy's may really suprise themselves with new progress when switching to a looser and heavier style of curling. BB's, in my view, will work the biceps much better than DB's with regards to a cheat style. But feel free to try both, whichever to your liking.

Inner biceps or outter head biceps, it will depend on what your own personal potentional at birth was. Getting those impressive full double split bicep's is a genetic gift. As are high peaked or flat bicep development.  Always can improve those biceps but the muscle inserts/leverage (among other things) will influence the shape in the final run. Good Luck.
hahahahahaha, you're the biggest bullshitter on this board.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2006, 12:26:40 PM »
i thought you gave me that title you asshole!  >:(

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2006, 12:33:43 PM »
i thought you gave me that title you asshole!  >:(
you're right up there with him.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2006, 01:27:25 PM »
They have got a suicide watch on me at this moment. Sarcasm does not believe anything I have said and I just can't get out of this deep depression I'm in. Does this mean Sarcasm will not PM me anymore with training questions?....Sweet Jesus, say it's not so.  I'm crushed...but Good Luck anyway.

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2006, 01:46:42 PM »
lmao  i pay him no mind..there are those that talk big..and those that lift big.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2006, 03:17:16 PM »
They have got a suicide watch on me at this moment. Sarcasm does not believe anything I have said and I just can't get out of this deep depression I'm in. Does this mean Sarcasm will not PM me anymore with training questions?....Sweet Jesus, say it's not so.  I'm crushed...but Good Luck anyway.
i actually used to believe you knew a lot about training until you claimed the 205 curl for 7 reps, now i know you're full of shit.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2006, 04:38:22 PM »
i actually used to believe you knew a lot about training until you claimed the 205 curl for 7 reps, now i know you're full of shit.
I can believe 205 for 7, why not?? There is a guy here at my gym that can do 205 for 12 reps easily, and he isn't on anything and could care less about bodybuilding or anything that has to do with it. So whats the problem? he might be able to curl 250lbs but not press it. it could happen.
bodybuildersreality.com

ignorance

• Getbig III
  • https://www.facebook.com/ResearchBodybuilding
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2006, 06:14:53 PM »
The most painful is BB curls for me. the waist hurts, but that is because I overtrained on close grip one day and fucked it up pretty good. It was leg day for like 2 two weeks. Either way I'll mix it up and try different thing for different days. Thanks a bunch.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2006, 07:19:29 AM »
ez barbell curls..
i have phenomenal outer bi heads... which i credit to these .. i used to do these all the time... in my first days of training
no i just stick with straight bar curls to keep the inner head balance with the outer head
choice is an illusion

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2006, 08:45:33 AM »
have to call bullshit on your 205 for 7 curl claim, no offense.
hahahaahahahaahahahah Another long-winded paragraph as an excuse to drop numbers along the way. ::)

Farkenell

• Getbig III
  • Life Is Pain, Pain Is Everything
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2006, 11:51:04 AM »
try standing BB curls with the easy curl bar, but hold the inside grip...

I dont really believe this "close grip works the outer head" stuff. I feel less stimulation doing it that way.. as long as the palm is facing up, its hitting the bicep.. either its stimulated or its not.. right?

JackCheze

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2006, 02:22:04 PM »
JPM has been around a long ass time, I believe him...

if you want to "hit the outer head" of the bicep, you have to hit the bicep (obvious I know).

Don't waste time on close grip bullshit, you'll hurt your elbows or wrists.

Don't use an EZ curl bar (why do you want to do anything easy in the gym?)

You may have to drop some lb's to get there but what you have to do is actually turn your palms so that they are facing up and parallel to the ground (use a straight bar). Start light because of the stress on your elbows, but your bi's are fully flexed when your hands are in this position.

and... genetics are a bitch

ignorance

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2006, 11:36:46 PM »
spyder curls worked pretty well these pass few weeks. I using that instead of ez curls preacher.

controldenied33

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2006, 06:40:37 PM »
I dont really believe this "close grip works the outer head" stuff. I feel less stimulation doing it that way.. as long as the palm is facing up, its hitting the bicep.. either its stimulated or its not.. right?

I agree with you.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2006, 03:49:29 AM »
interesting.. Im routine is as follows:

bbar 3x6-8
ez 3x6-8
hammer 2x12

And I haven't see that much of an improvement

increase you reps on all sets to 10-12... it will suck at first but it will pay off...

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2006, 05:38:46 AM »
I tried EZ Curl a couple times, didn't feel it as much in the bis as regular BB curls. Everyone's different though.

barnabas

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2006, 12:35:42 PM »
I look in the mirror from a side view and  my Tri's pop out like a sluts ass, but the outer head of the Bi does show as much, if at all. I would like to put an exercise into my bis workout that works primarly the outer head. Any takers?

when you are doing your bb curls (or with ez bar) go with a more narrow grip.  a wide grip will work the inner portion, a narrow grip will work the outer.

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2006, 11:08:44 AM »
My workout routine is 3 excercises for bis once a week

standing barbell curls

1 warm up 80#  3 working sets 130#

preacher curls

3 working sets 120#

seated dumbell curls (alternate with hammer every two weeks) Sometimes switch to standing.

3 sets 60# each arm

My arms are currently 19 inches

ignorance

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2006, 02:28:50 PM »
Not to be rude but I fucking don't care if you have 19 or 32 inch arms. How is your arm size going to make mine grow? I asked for advice from the community, not for everyones fucking arm size.

Now that I'm done with the 'Hellos'. Narrow works best eh? I'll mix it up. I haven't found much of a different in look or feel so far. Time will tell though.

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2006, 06:24:01 AM »
i call this thread bullshit.increasing the weight on the barbell is the toughest thing.i have guys in my gym who can't go beyond a total of 90lbs on the bar and yes they are big guys too...this is utter bullshit.ez bar or a straight bar curls,this exercise is by far the toughest exercise of all.the most i have ever seen anyone curl in my gym was  this big guy who curled 132lbs for a few reps with 18-19inch arms...so lay off the crack pipes and be real..
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2006, 06:28:21 AM »
Shadow, I personally have tiny arms, but I've managed to get a good 3 reps with 90lbs at my peak. Don't generalise just because you may not be increasing weight.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2006, 06:53:51 AM »
I fucking don't care if you have 19 or 32 inch arms. How is your arm size going to make mine grow? I asked for advice from the community, not for everyones fucking arm size.
hahahahaahahahahah

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2006, 07:43:40 AM »
Ok I admit i got off the issue at hand.  I was trying to point out that you need to be careful not to overtrain the arms. So for outer head reverse barbell curls and seated hammer curls work awesome for me.  Ill throw these in every few weeks not all the time.  I fine the seated hammer really hits it!

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2006, 09:12:22 AM »
Shadow, I personally have tiny arms, but I've managed to get a good 3 reps with 90lbs at my peak. Don't generalise just because you may not be increasing weight.
dude 90lbs sounds real and i believe you but some guys here say that they lift 185lbs-205 on the barbell for 3 or 4 cheat reps.even if you cheat you just cannot lift that much weight by any means.hell ronnie coleman has maxed out on 225lbs on the barbell for few reps so how can any one in here curl 200 plus lbs on the bar.also just go and see jay cutlers video NIAB and you would see jay lift really light weight on the barbell, he was even then struggling..in his RTS video he struggles alot on the barbell with moderate weight on it..so i call these 200lbs curl claims all bullshit
RATM RULZ THE WORLD