Author Topic: Outer head Bi  (Read 9808 times)

ignorance

• Getbig III
  • https://www.facebook.com/ResearchBodybuilding
Outer head Bi
« on: September 27, 2006, 07:51:42 AM »
I look in the mirror from a side view and  my Tri's pop out like a sluts ass, but the outer head of the Bi does show as much, if at all. I would like to put an exercise into my bis workout that works primarly the outer head. Any takers?

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
Re: Outer head Bi
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 08:19:36 AM »
my two main bicep movements have been dumbbell preacher curls and dumbbell hammer curls on the preacher bench...these two exercises alone have blown my bi's up! the hammers especially have filled out the outside portions of my arms.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 08:25:53 AM »
DB and BB curls...

the bicep grows as a unit...

get rid of bodyfat to see a more detailed "outer" head...

8)

ignorance

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 08:34:10 AM »
not too much is fat, even thou I could lose some. But I'll throw thoses in to the mix. Thanks Guys.

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 08:57:54 AM »
not too much is fat, even thou I could lose some. But I'll throw thoses in to the mix. Thanks Guys.
always remember outer grip works inner bi close grip wrks outer..

try standing ez curl close grip,also another tip instead of the reg preacher pull off the seat use the ez curl bar do hanging curls from the other side of the pad 
p

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 09:17:49 AM »
I do BB curls 3x8
Hammer curls (one arm at a time) 3x8
Seated DB with back against pad to eliminate cheating 3x8 (2 arms together).

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 05:00:10 PM »
try standing BB curls with the easy curl bar, but hold the inside grip...

ignorance

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 08:34:56 PM »
interesting.. Im routine is as follows:

bbar 3x6-8
ez 3x6-8
hammer 2x12

And I haven't see that much of an improvement

AVBG

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 10:18:21 PM »
interesting.. Im routine is as follows:

bbar 3x6-8
ez 3x6-8
hammer 2x12

And I haven't see that much of an improvement

maybe increase the weight/drop the weight for the hammer curls. also, is the EZ curl reverse?

ReEvolution

• Getbig III
  • goodbye ronnie
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2006, 01:26:11 AM »
forget about it and concentrate on what you do have.
unless you plan to compete at a high level, why worry?

if you can't get them with that routine, it ain't in the cards.

i have the reverse problem and only ended up overtraining
attempting to get a huge peak.  thick but no high peak.

that cursed word 'genetics'
two thumbs WAY up!!!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2006, 03:14:29 AM »
Stick with one or two excersises per workout, depending on how often you work your biceps.

If you only do one excersise, alternate between hammer curls and regular DB curls.

Or rotate three or four excersises over the course of three or four biceps workouts: BB hammer curl, DB curl, rope hammer curl, seated incline DB curl

I hit biceps with two sets each week, and I pick any random excersise really, just having some fun these days.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2006, 01:24:44 PM »
I hit biceps with two sets each week, and I pick any random excersise really, just having some fun these days.

uh huh care to post a pic of those pea shooters?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2006, 08:45:36 AM »
uh huh care to post a pic of those pea shooters?

LMFAO.

Not really.

Should've mentioned I currently train powerlifting these days, and two sets per week is all I feel my joints can handle right now.

With that being said, never carried any massive guns to begin with... 8)

The benchpress and the different benchpress excersises puts stress on the arms, elbows. A lot of Olympic lifters, powerlifters and strength athletes don't specifically train their biceps.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2006, 09:13:40 AM »
Agree with HedgeHog. Less is better when biceps are concerned. Hitting from different angles can work for a lot of guy's. One of the better, muched overlooked , bicep mass builders are reverse BB curls. If a straight bar causes wrist discomfort than try switching to a EZ bar.

I have not done a direct bicep exercise in years. The pulling exercises I do handle my needs very well: chins, cleans, up-right rows, etc. And besides curls, for me, are the most boring exercises in the world. Do I lose bicep strength from not doing direct curls? A couple of weeks ago, just to see what was what, I curled 205 for 7 reps, in good form. This was after a set of weighted chins. A guy was benching that weight and I ask if I coud work in a set just for the hell of it. I'm not all that by any means, just an example that biceps size and strength can be kepts quite well without all those set after set of unneeded curls. Good Luck.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2006, 01:15:52 PM »
Agree with HedgeHog. Less is better when biceps are concerned. Hitting from different angles can work for a lot of guy's. One of the better, muched overlooked , bicep mass builders are reverse BB curls. If a straight bar causes wrist discomfort than try switching to a EZ bar.

I have not done a direct bicep exercise in years. The pulling exercises I do handle my needs very well: chins, cleans, up-right rows, etc. And besides curls, for me, are the most boring exercises in the world. Do I lose bicep strength from not doing direct curls? A couple of weeks ago, just to see what was what, I curled 205 for 7 reps, in good form. This was after a set of weighted chins. A guy was benching that weight and I ask if I coud work in a set just for the hell of it. I'm not all that by any means, just an example that biceps size and strength can be kepts quite well without all those set after set of unneeded curls. Good Luck.
i have to call bullshit on your 205 for 7 curl claim, no offense.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2006, 01:26:57 PM »
We decided to do a little curling contest a few days ago down at the gym. I cheat curled 185 lbs with the EZ bar for two reps. :-[ 8)

The winner, he's a real tank, did one clean rep with 198 lbs. Pretty strict, not the Nasser El Sonbaty-like curl I performed. ;D

Great arms on that guy, he's about 5'8'' and weighs 198 lbs. Natural with 18 inch arms. Huge fcukers. Best arms I've seen on a natural that size.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2006, 01:31:41 PM »
We decided to do a little curling contest a few days ago down at the gym. I cheat curled 185 lbs with the EZ bar for two reps. :-[ 8)

The winner, he's a real tank, did one clean rep with 198 lbs. Pretty strict, not the Nasser El Sonbaty-like curl I performed. ;D

Great arms on that guy, he's about 5'8'' and weighs 198 lbs. Natural with 18 inch arms. Huge fcukers. Best arms I've seen on a natural that size.

YIP
Zack
that's extremely impressive.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2006, 02:08:58 PM »
that's extremely impressive.

The regular bullshitters (Benchpress on Monday and Back and Biceps on Tuesday, never legs) at our gym gives him the usual:

"Hey bro, those be 20 inches guns ait' ?!"

To his credit, he doesn't bite, just gives them a can of reality check.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2006, 03:17:20 PM »
The regular bullshitters (Benchpress on Monday and Back and Biceps on Tuesday, never legs) at our gym gives him the usual:

"Hey bro, those be 20 inches guns ait' ?!"

To his credit, he doesn't bite, just gives them a can of reality check.

YIP
Zack
do you think "JPM" the Samoan faker curls 205 strictly for 7, Zack?
Jaejonna rows 125!!

andre_avigdor

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2006, 03:30:05 PM »
do you think "JPM" the Samoan faker curls 205 strictly for 7, Zack?

Do you ever leave your computer?

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2006, 03:36:11 PM »
Sarcasm: DUH!!!

Hope you weren't dumb enough to go to that site.

Good Luck DUH!!!

kicker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2006, 04:08:39 PM »
Whaddya guys think about the "10 pounds equals 1 inch on the arms" rule?

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2006, 06:19:48 AM »
Whaddya guys think about the "10 pounds equals 1 inch on the arms" rule?

interesting...it's pretty accurate for me. i have slightly over 18" arms and i've curled 185 for one solid rep a few months back, not much back swing. i was going to try 195 but i like my wrists the way they are...

i only do 4-6 sets for biceps once a week after chest training...

JPM must be a heavy guy to curl that much weight...

8)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2006, 08:39:56 AM »
interesting...it's pretty accurate for me. i have slightly over 18" arms and i've curled 185 for one solid rep a few months back, not much back swing. i was going to try 195 but i like my wrists the way they are...

i only do 4-6 sets for biceps once a week after chest training...

JPM must be a heavy guy to curl that much weight...

8)

I don't think it's accurate for me.

But lets see, shall we.

I'll do the EZ-curl for biceps every other week for a couple of months, once I get a solid rep with 185 lbs, not the cheating kind, I'll get back to you with how big the difference will be.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2006, 09:09:26 AM »
JPM Stats: 34 year old, 238lbs, 6'2, large frame, large bone size. Natural stronger pull than push, which influences the curling strength very much. In college 280-285lbs bwt (football lineman) curl around 230's for 5's, or so, than in regular workouts. Slight knee start and  backbend. Always been my style.

But so what? I don't consider that curling weight anything special, just a little above average for a experienced lifter. Most BB'ers use moderate weights and endless sets for biceps rather than slapping on some plates and doing a few sets of heavy cheat curls. Getting the idea than cheat curls (or any other form of cheating) is not the way to curl is incorect. Cheating can be an art form when it's  not a version of reverse cleans.  A very usefull and productive style of training, from  time to time, in any workout year. A lot of guy's may really suprise themselves with new progress when switching to a looser and heavier style of curling. BB's, in my view, will work the biceps much better than DB's with regards to a cheat style. But feel free to try both, whichever to your liking.

Inner biceps or outter head biceps, it will depend on what your own personal potentional at birth was. Getting those impressive full double split bicep's is a genetic gift. As are high peaked or flat bicep development.  Always can improve those biceps but the muscle inserts/leverage (among other things) will influence the shape in the final run. Good Luck.