Author Topic: Seeking some help for a diet  (Read 1231 times)

Wraith

• Getbig I
Seeking some help for a diet
« on: September 28, 2006, 01:41:54 PM »
Hi all,

First post here so please be gentle.  :)

I'm seeking some help for my girlfriend. She is looking to shed roughly 20 to 25 pounds. She's 5'4" and now weighs 145 pounds. She is a workaholic (Typically 12 to 14 hour days) and makes it to the gym 2 to 3 times a week. When she's at the gym she does 2 hours of cardio.

I had thrown out the idea of an extremely strict diet and something that may not be too strict to run by her.
She would be willing to try either one. So with that, Can anyone point me to a resource where I may find diets or provide 2 different types of diets? Something that is also a problem for her is not being regular (Bowel movements).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!   :)

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
Re: Seeking some help for a diet
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 01:51:10 PM »
Fo your purposes, I highly recommend John P. Hussman, Ph.D.'s site, particularly the "effective nutrition and supplements" section:

http://www.hussmanfitness.org/

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 01:54:21 PM »
I forgot, also see the "making and measuring progress" section of the Hussaman site.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 06:20:48 PM »
makes it to the gym 2 to 3 times a week. When she's at the gym she does 2 hours of cardio.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!   :)

Aside from diet, cut the cardio in half (at least) and replace with strength training (strength 1st, then cardio if done in the same session).
:

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 06:31:16 PM »
Wraith, if she doesn't have one now, you should buy her a subscription to Oxygen Magazine.  Very motivating and there are usually samples of diets (usually pre-contest) in each issue.

Aside from diet, cut the cardio in half (at least) and replace with strength training (trength 1st, then cardio if done in the same session).

Agree
R

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 06:34:25 PM »
yes she is doing to much cardio...she needs to devote some of that time to weight training...as she builds a little lean muscle tissue this will also help her to burn some body fat...focus more on changing her body composistion and not just hitting a certain number on the scale.