Author Topic: Neil Strauss (The Pick Up Artist) and other dating gurus - all liars?  (Read 19161 times)

galeniko

• Getbig V
n

kh300

• Getbig V
Re: neil strauss and company, all liars?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 06:40:18 AM »
They're liars and thieves. Telling young nerdy kids it isn't about looks or money, its this secret potion they can sell you. But I give them credit for making so much money off something so stupid. PUA's are a fucking joke and don't get shit in real life. Is it really that hard to say hi to a girl? fuck.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 09:38:33 AM »
You go to places, you talk to woman, you keep chatting until you reach gold.

How fucking hard can it be?

mogulgangi

• Getbig IV
  • fitness celebrity
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 09:43:41 AM »
due to lack of other possibilities, ive read his the game book while i was in prison.

what an absolute load of diarrhea, most likely also pure fictional novel.

same goes for all the other dating gurus.

oh brother, they think those pick up lines are any good. ::)

other then that, they basicaly point out the obvious for how an average guy should behave/prepare for a date.

even if some of the stories are true, they arent impressive to begin with.

yeah no shit, when you have money to travel around, you get around ::)

i couldnt find anything useful within all the hundreds of pages.

what do you people think of him and other socalled gurus?

I agree and disagree with you..I read the book and admit to learning several basics in approach and concersaional skills who one would never think of masterfully plan..the plan they outline is totally effective but your own creativity has to be put in place...I don't agree in doing magic tricks..aside from the magic and maybe desperate moves made by each owns insecurities, the basics of control, movement, question and value gathering taught Is extremly effective if you pur your own personality ..saying "hi" is such an amateur move..thinking that "conversation" is all you need is yet another move that can be easily destroyed by dudes who have creativy game and good skills

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 09:45:32 AM »
I think those books just teach you no matter who you are, its a numbers game, with some needing far more approaches than others to strike gold.

mogulgangi

• Getbig IV
  • fitness celebrity
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 09:48:00 AM »
You go to places, you talk to woman, you keep chatting until you reach gold.

How fucking hard can it be?

Another getbig stud who never fails with women

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 09:50:27 AM »

Another getbig stud who never fails with women

I am happily married for six years now - whats your success story?

yeah pretty much.

he advises to use 2 or 3 "tricks" to test the waters ::)

fuck, one i remember is asking her to feel the NONEXISTENT sixpack(no joke), only to "dupe" her into first bodily contact.

as if women cant tell when someone is trying.

and they know from first sight if theyre interested or not anyway.

i prefer straight up rude method, on the beach walk up to one and ask her if she wants to put suncream on my back.or even better yell the question over half the beach ;D

the claim to have a general method figured out which works on many/most is plain crazy.

and whatfor exactly?

everybody with a brain can go with friend and claim one of them just inherited or won millions or something like that.

there are many people with better ideas than mr strauss, but aparently hes got the right pr people and publishers.

I never read any of these books but I am pretty sure saying that they make money by over complicating an otherwise completely natural aspect of life (being and receiving attraction) and sucking the fun out of it completely is not an understatement.

I was of course trolling a little with my first post, but seriously how can it be so hard? the only thing I believe in is that IF you go out with the sole purpouse of getting laid you will not "score" - probably because you radiate awkwardness and pretty much look like half a serial killer with your "game face" on.

As far as I know and I happened to have a few girlfrieds ;) its a combination of luck and being at the right place at the right time + not making a complete dork out of yourself.

And even than (and I am speaking out of experience) I was able to get together with my wife and I said some horrific stupid things in our first few dates - one were I made inquiries of her breast size which seriously sounded like a legit question to me but which she did not find funny in the slightest.

mogulgangi

• Getbig IV
  • fitness celebrity
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 10:03:14 AM »
I can admit to gaining a lot from the book..its not a secret recepie to success, but what it does do to your game is that it develops a game plan..its like reading a sales book with sales pitches; your never going to say what the book tells you word by word, but you'll follow the outline and the script..I've never truly had problems with women, but what got me to it and believe it was the success other people had..I saw a couple of my friends who already got a lot of women to begin with, use the basics of this book, and lead to taking their game to a diff level..the basics taught in the book of approach, touching, value adding, and closing all can be manipulated to each own and be as effective as anything..saying that I'm just "going to be myself" is a ignorant comment..you can still be yourself with more weapons..

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 10:04:49 AM »
I can admit to gaining a lot from the book..its not a secret recepie to success, but what it does do to your game is that it develops a game plan..its like reading a sales book with sales pitches; your never going to say what the book tells you word by word, but you'll follow the outline and the script..I've never truly had problems with women, but what got me to it and believe it was the success other people had..I saw a couple of my friends who already got a lot of women to begin with, use the basics of this book, and lead to taking their game to a diff level..the basics taught in the book of approach, touching, value adding, and closing all can be manipulated to each own and be as effective as anything..saying that I'm just "going to be myself" is a ignorant comment..you can still be yourself with more weapons..

jesus fucking christ  ::) ::) ::) dumber than a bag of hammers

Otis B Driftwood

• Getbig II
  • Verbal Skullcrusher
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 10:35:06 AM »
I think its hogshit.

Just imagine if the bar door swung open and this group walked in. A few magic tricks, palm reading, and exchanging of feather boa's and they would have every 10 hanging off of them  ::)

Otis B Driftwood

• Getbig II
  • Verbal Skullcrusher
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 10:40:19 AM »
fuck, so this is that homo "mystery"

i always wondered how he looks, this is more ridiculous than i could imagine

Yes, and Strauss is on the right in a faux snakeskin suit, another staple of any pussy slayers wardrobe.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 10:43:25 AM »
yes these guys can talk what they want to girls but i doubt girls would find them attractive.
and pickup lines are for nerds. whats wrong with telling your name to a girl, all of them decided if they want to sleep with you within seconds anyway.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 10:47:39 AM »
it works! haha it fucking works if you apply it and practice.

by work i mean, it helps many people who are shit with women

then of course they lie some, spice ut up and sell a product like everyone else

of course money/looks/fame > pua. that isn't what they say

Tito24

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2012, 10:52:54 AM »
but what does the book teach? i once listened the audiobook but it was more a bunch of stories to me

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2012, 10:56:00 AM »
but what does the book teach? i once listened the audiobook but it was more a bunch of stories to me

yes the book is like semi fictional stories with the theme of pua. a couple of basic tricks is convyed but it's made to entertain and explore that world, it's not a manual.

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 11:15:29 AM »
I am happily married for six years now - whats your success story?

dude are you seriously throwin down your story of being married as a success?  Might as well turn in your man card now.  
all drugs - TPPIIP

RadOncDoc

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 11:21:14 AM »
due to lack of other possibilities, ive read his the game book while i was in prison.

what an absolute load of diarrhea, most likely also pure fictional novel.

same goes for all the other dating gurus.

oh brother, they think those pick up lines are any good. ::)

other then that, they basicaly point out the obvious for how an average guy should behave/prepare for a date.

even if some of the stories are true, they arent impressive to begin with.

yeah no shit, when you have money to travel around, you get around ::)

i couldnt find anything useful within all the hundreds of pages.

what do you people think of him and other socalled gurus?

Id agree its a scam to some extent. I was living in la around the time the game (and then later the reality show) came out and I used to see these guys at hollywood clubs. Other than mystery who is a decent looking guy, strauss and company are dorks and girls would really just laugh at the things they'd say. The key to their gimmick at clubs was that they would bring along guys who would pay for bottle service, so naturally girls would hang around them to get free drinks. Girls would also assume they had money so that was another thing working in their favor. I suppose the benefit is that it did at least get some of the guys out there and forced them to talk to girls, but by no means were strauss and the other gurus lady killers.

mogulgangi

• Getbig IV
  • fitness celebrity
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 11:43:36 AM »

jesus fucking christ  ::) ::) ::) dumber than a bag of hammers

Stark, you have over 20000 posts in a "bodybuildingl" forum..your gay

The Onion

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 12:15:44 PM »
I think its hogshit.

Just imagine if the bar door swung open and this group walked in. A few magic tricks, palm reading, and exchanging of feather boa's and they would have every 10 hanging off of them  ::)

I can't imagine why some guys put so much effort into "seducing" women (no homo) that they end up like this bunch.

In every relationship I've ever been in, even the good ones, I've been miserable as f*ck at least 25 percent of the time... and still I can't seem to keep away. >:(

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 12:17:34 PM »
As far as I remember the first half of the book is great and the second is like a romance novel.

Tito24

• Getbig V

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 01:01:36 PM »
this is good
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/4003292/Gary_Brodsky_(Pick_Up___Seduction)_Collection

All gigolo!
Brodsky is so hilarious that he's able to bed every woman on earth.

Tito24

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2012, 02:43:53 AM »
All gigolo!
Brodsky is so hilarious that he's able to bed every woman on earth.

yes its amusing to listen to it as well

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
Re: Neil Strauss (The Pick Up Artist) and other dating gurus - all liars?
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2012, 02:54:49 AM »
I was a fan of the book.

Some good advices, some bad advices.

Peacocking is good. Approach within 3 seconds good. And pull the trigger!
P

Tito24

• Getbig V
Re: Neil Strauss (The Pick Up Artist) and other dating gurus - all liars?
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2012, 03:09:24 AM »
and all these nerds that go to the workshop of these guys and puting it into practice on the street and in the clubs. omg so painful