Author Topic: how much cardio  (Read 2875 times)

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
Re: how much cardio
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2009, 03:49:26 PM »

Back on topic though...

Painlayer really needs to bring down the BF% before trying to "bulk up" muscle.

Yeah i am actually in the process of doing this right now, Just still dont have good diet plan in place just yet, Not a big fan of dieting lol but i need to for my back and legs right now. Is heavy lifting still good during time of extreme dieting?? Or should i go with higher reps/ volume?? also ANY good advice on foods for the diet?? Im thinking chicken,fish for protein...... Oatmeal,rice for carbs....... plenty of veggies and lots of omega 3's also i have been on lipo 6 black for the past month and already lost around 10-15lbs on this stuff so im seeing decent results already... ANY tips or outlines are VERY appreciated

Thank you

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2009, 06:17:21 PM »
There are tons of diet samples here on GB..search. How much knowledge do you have about nutrition to begin with?..calories per gram of fat? protein? ...Glycemic index is???? Research, Learn, Research some more THEN ask questions. Then research to see if the answer is correct..make sense? Getting the overall point here ;)

Do you sign up for a marathon 2 days before it starts? No.

First thing you need to do - search for videos on lift movements (bodybuilding.com has some for example) and pay VERY, VERY, VERY close attention to the proper FORM of each exercise(advice I got from some of the experienced guys here on GB in fact!).  Once you learn proper form then you can start pushing decent heavy weight and not have to worry so much about hurting yourself.

My advice is...as an out of shape newbie, if you try and start pushing really heavy weight right from the start you will end up tearing something. Muscle will fail from the load eventually but if your tendons, joints, body isn't used to all the new weight... you will be setting yourself up for injury when jumping to really heavy weight.  Swallow the pride / ego and start off with medium weight and get 12-15 reps out. If you do more than 15 reps...add more weight.

Certain lifts are a staple in BB from what I found in my research, they will help your all around strength and endurance - Bench, Military press, chins, deadlifts, squats. Again form is key here.

Last thing...do you own research. Don't take anyones word for it...for anything, supps, lifts, routines etc. and congratulations on trying to improve the quality and length of your life. Stick with it...be patient.

PS- There are guys here 100x more knowledgable than me..Im just trying to pay it back since they helped me. Also, no one likes diets...it's a necessary evil but worth it. Put your head down and just do that shit! ;D

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2009, 07:35:30 PM »
There are tons of diet samples here on GB..search. How much knowledge do you have about nutrition to begin with?..calories per gram of fat? protein? ...Glycemic index is???? Research, Learn, Research some more THEN ask questions. Then research to see if the answer is correct..make sense? Getting the overall point here ;)

Do you sign up for a marathon 2 days before it starts? No.

First thing you need to do - search for videos on lift movements (bodybuilding.com has some for example) and pay VERY, VERY, VERY close attention to the proper FORM of each exercise(advice I got from some of the experienced guys here on GB in fact!).  Once you learn proper form then you can start pushing decent heavy weight and not have to worry so much about hurting yourself.

My advice is...as an out of shape newbie, if you try and start pushing really heavy weight right from the start you will end up tearing something. Muscle will fail from the load eventually but if your tendons, joints, body isn't used to all the new weight... you will be setting yourself up for injury when jumping to really heavy weight.  Swallow the pride / ego and start off with medium weight and get 12-15 reps out. If you do more than 15 reps...add more weight.

Certain lifts are a staple in BB from what I found in my research, they will help your all around strength and endurance - Bench, Military press, chins, deadlifts, squats. Again form is key here.

Last thing...do you own research. Don't take anyones word for it...for anything, supps, lifts, routines etc. and congratulations on trying to improve the quality and length of your life. Stick with it...be patient.

PS- There are guys here 100x more knowledgable than me..Im just trying to pay it back since they helped me. Also, no one likes diets...it's a necessary evil but worth it. Put your head down and just do that shit! ;D

Yeah i got your point but maybe i didnt clarify, Let me do that now

Im not exactly an out of shape newbie i have been lifting for about the past 6 years but NEVER really paid any attention to dieting. I lift with pretty good form i would like to think so i do already have that. Just looking to cut the fat is all like i said for my back. And yes i do know about calories per gram of fat,carbs,protein, A little fuzzy on glycemic index tho...... Just lookin for some help man, I'll start researching more and more and more and more.