Author Topic: Check out my backstage interview with Phil Heath  (Read 14900 times)

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
Re: Check out my backsateg interview with Phil Heath
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 03:25:32 AM »
Whose the guy with the 1989 "wannabe yuppie bold pinstripe and yellow tie" ensemble?

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 03:28:04 AM »
Comes across EXTREMELY irate.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 03:41:06 AM »
Great interview chief 8)

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 03:41:48 AM »
"You came out throwin haymakers"  LOL

He was goin over the gameplan till 5.00am and started again at 7.00am.
WTF?   why is the interviewer not asking him what the fuck he's on about?

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 03:44:31 AM »
Wtf strong arsehole. Guess Cedric was right

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 04:05:04 AM »
wow.

what a fucking baby.

it looked like phil was gonna cry.

ronnie and dorian never acted that way if the show was close.

phil was so upset u would have thought his source just cut him off and is now going to be the chef for kai.

after he said it was a secret for what he and hany did before the night show, phil realized he better say somethng, like it was food, when we all know it was insulin loading and diuretics.

he said he has the worst appetite...didnt flex run a feature where phil eats 800 grams of protein a day...

phil knows if it wasnt for the grape fruits, kai would have won...like the crowd expected
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 04:19:33 AM »
Honored to interview moments after his win.

http://www.flexonline.com/videos/ifbb/2012-post-olympia-interview-phil-heath-and-hany-rambod
I like you dude ...

.. but after he started rolling his eyes explaining how his tightness the second day came from "eating" I turned it off disgusted.

We all know how you get that muscular and what you do to come in sharper. Why not talk about it? Or at least avoid asking questions that make him lie lie lie worse than a 4 yo ...

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 04:32:35 AM »
You mean the guy in the bold pinstripe trying to look like a professional lawyer or accountant is the OP in this thread?  ???

Holy shit man, why didn't you ask him something worthwhile?  It was several minutes of nuthugging. You can tell by his eyes that he has anger management issues.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 04:48:08 AM »
phil heath is the legit runner up this year, i dont care what runner up has to say.

whats the champs-kai greene-say on this?

Haha, like your style and I agree on this. Other than this and Branch's placing, the judges did a pretty good job this year.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2012, 05:17:37 AM »
Good interview.

Phil came across PISSED. Dunno if it's the side-effects of the drugs but the guy came across as having a real chip on his shoulder. Looked like he was gonna kill somebody.

He obviously takes a lot of things said about him on the message boards extremely seriously.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2012, 05:18:46 AM »
:D

i seen the pics and vids yesterday before sleep and thought thats it i can go to bed, ill wake up tomorow to basicaly confirm kais win.

but in order to beat reigning olympia you have to destroy him, not just beat him

he won, the judges know this full well.the thing is he wil only be awarded next year, if he comes in this condition again.

yes, branch -and im fully serious- shouldve been 11th or worse.

he looked terrible.

it wasn't clear cut. in the first comparison phil had that athlete's mentality (in bbing it's the flex wheeler shitty personality) while kai was laxed and smiling, not fully hitting his poses.  the judges even had them come out to do a 2nd comparison.  i'm not sure if they were trying to find away to give it to kai if he competed against phil, but kai lost the show right there.  hit the fucking poses HARD with phil next year, bring the attitude or whatever it takes.  that cerebral shit don't work in a pose-down with phil's TRUE persona, not that shit he sells on camera, which isn't the true phil.  anyway, one of the best mr Os since early ronnie prime.

branch - please go the fuck away. 5th was a gift.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2012, 06:02:08 AM »
 ::) phil heath is a drama queen for sure, like flex wheeler...

"we don't get the respect we deserve" "didnt get any sleep" bla bla

he really gets riled up over this, full of himself, crying emotional.

"we can do anything"

he seems to forget he just won a men in thong pageant.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2012, 06:10:39 AM »
wow.

what a fucking baby.

it looked like phil was gonna cry.

ronnie and dorian never acted that way if the show was close.

phil was so upset u would have thought his source just cut him off and is now going to be the chef for kai.

after he said it was a secret for what he and hany did before the night show, phil realized he better say somethng, like it was food, when we all know it was insulin loading and diuretics.

he said he has the worst appetite...didnt flex run a feature where phil eats 800 grams of protein a day...

phil knows if it wasnt for the grape fruits, kai would have won...like the crowd expected

Ronnie did

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2012, 06:19:14 AM »
He seemed really agitated , I'd like to know the real story behind why he like this , I think Kai got to him and never really saw him as a threat and now he's scared. Kai got to him I don't think Phil can handle the pressure , I know he reads this board wait until he sees a good majority favored Kai lol

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2012, 06:20:29 AM »
I just got word from Phil's trainer on the last minute adjustments made:
"2 plums, oatmeal, 2 scoops whey, morning snack @730am...just before showtime, 1 apple, 2 pears, 6oz. water"

He mentioned something about the combination of simple sugars and complex cards provide a synergistic response, helping Heath to take the title.
Looks guys, don't spread this tip around, as this was told to me in utmost confidence I wouldn't say anything.

Oh man, listening to this guy is a bit rough.  He seems wound up on amphetamines and not too happy for someone who just won an Olympia title.
I'm sure the diet, drugs, stress, sleepless g4p night caught up with him.
Best part, the strain to smile for the camera at the end.
N

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2012, 08:15:28 AM »
:D

i seen the pics and vids yesterday before sleep and thought thats it i can go to bed, ill wake up tomorow to basicaly confirm kais win.

but in order to beat reigning olympia you have to destroy him, not just beat him

he won, the judges know this full well.the thing is he wil only be awarded next year, if he comes in this condition again.

yes, branch -and im fully serious- shouldve been 11th or worse.

he looked terrible.

It's hard to "destroy" someone on this level. How many times did this really happen in the 'O history? Even a genetic freak like Ronnie needed to battle for his crowns.
Back to Phil & Kai, Phil has a better waistline & flow, but Kai has a better back (esp the mid part), chest width, legs & bicep peaks; important qualities that made him the better man. Dennis & Toney deserved better placings above Branch, and Dexter above Shawn.
Damn, I'm still waiting for the routines replay part II  >:(

nkhp

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2012, 08:48:15 AM »
So Phil is a total tool confirmed by this video. you would think he lost listening to this garbage. Team Kai!!!!

you almost want to puke when he starts talking about secrects and then says its what he ate ::)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2012, 08:49:14 AM »

it wasn't clear cut. in the first comparison phil had that athlete's mentality (in bbing it's the flex wheeler shitty personality) while kai was laxed and smiling, not fully hitting his poses.  the judges even had them come out to do a 2nd comparison.  i'm not sure if they were trying to find away to give it to kai if he competed against phil, but kai lost the show right there.  hit the fucking poses HARD with phil next year, bring the attitude or whatever it takes.  that cerebral shit don't work in a pose-down with phil's TRUE persona, not that shit he sells on camera, which isn't the true phil.  anyway, one of the best mr Os since early ronnie prime.
What are you talking about?
One man was calm, cool and collected, the other was a crybaby bitch. Athletes mentality my ass.

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2012, 09:15:54 AM »
Glad you mostly enjoyed the interview.

I tried to tap into what he was feeling at a highly emotional time and without him having had time to regroup and gather his thoughts.

I thought he was honest in his comments. He did not try to come across as anything, just let out what he felt.

Although some of you knock his comments, it would have been a lot worse if he tried to be all cheesy and nice. Make no mistake this is a mentally exhausting day for anyone at this level. Both Phil and Kai had been up all night and were both rightfully exhausted.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2012, 09:18:45 AM »
Glad you mostly enjoyed the interview.

I tried to tap into what he was feeling at a highly emotional time and without him having had time to regroup and gather his thoughts.

I thought he was honest in his comments. He did not try to come across as anything, just let out what he felt.

Although some of you knock his comments, it would have been a lot worse if he tried to be all cheesy and nice. Make no mistake this is a mentally exhausting day for anyone at this level. Both Phil and Kai had been up all night and were both rightfully exhausted.

Are you going to tell us that you honestly thought he was honest when he answered how he got sharper?? Food??

Come on man... not everyone here is a dumb kid who buys supplements you know  ;)

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2012, 09:20:53 AM »
I didnt expect him to say exactly what he did, I was trying to tap into how he felt and think I succeeded in that.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2012, 09:27:04 AM »
He obviously takes a lot of things said about him on the message boards extremely seriously.

that's very standard and typical behavior of a true narcissist

yates fan

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2012, 09:33:35 AM »
why cant you guys believe food can make a difference,especially simple carbs the day of the show,other than diuretics what drug could help day of show?and diuretics only get rid of water,i have done plenty of shows,where i would eat apple pie filling or a few snicker bars after being flat at prejudging and come in fuller and more ripped.

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2012, 09:42:59 AM »
why cant you guys believe food can make a difference,especially simple carbs the day of the show,other than diuretics what drug could help day of show?and diuretics only get rid of water,i have done plenty of shows,where i would eat apple pie filling or a few snicker bars after being flat at prejudging and come in fuller and more ripped.

Why would they not carb up for the prejudging?  Why for only the main event?  Are they not being judged for both appearences?
I used to carb up on snickers bars and whiskey on the morning of a show. Made for a great pump.  Was also half pished drunk by mid day but full of bravado and confidence and since I only competed in Scottish contests the fans in the audience were half pished drunk by lunch time on saturdays anyway so they didnt notice everyone staggering about on stage LOL.