Author Topic: Ron Harris aka "Pazuzu"s lifting clips on you tube!  (Read 28206 times)

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
Re: Ron Harris aka "Pazuzu"s lifting clips on you tube!
« Reply #175 on: November 04, 2006, 02:36:31 PM »
  Dang, Ron...why u all gotta be gettin in our way? Our main dawg, Jaiqwon just got out of lock and you wanna talk about weights on a Hammer Machine? Snap! You must be rollin' w/ those slobs...youknowwhatImsay in?

5 plates a side on a Hammer Row for 8-10 is pretty strong if the user isn't jerking wildly and letting momentum do it but if it's controlled and pulled by the lats not arms.

How's that book comming, Ron? You sending me a free copy? What do you say about 10% 'royalties' on every copy sold?
?

Pazuzu

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #176 on: November 04, 2006, 03:08:29 PM »
For a guy that wasn't very strong on back, he somehow managed to set a new standard in back development that stood for years until Ronnie came along in '98.

I watched Dorian train back once in 1992. He used 405 for bent rows and I agree, he didn't 'bend' much at all. But his back was incredibly thick.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: November 04, 2006, 03:45:00 PM »
For a guy that wasn't very strong on back, he somehow managed to set a new standard in back development that stood for years until Ronnie came along in '98.

I watched Dorian train back once in 1992. He used 405 for bent rows and I agree, he didn't 'bend' much at all. But his back was incredibly thick.
did you comment on his massive 17 inch arms "pazuzu"?

tomr1976

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #178 on: November 04, 2006, 03:49:22 PM »
did you comment on his massive 17 inch arms "pazuzu"?

How's your mommy doing?  How are you dealing with your parents' divorce?  Better, I hope?

I hope you are not contemplating suicide anymore because of your parents' divorce, Mr. 14 year old who does curls with his vinyl barbell set...   :P

Pazuzu

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #179 on: November 04, 2006, 03:50:21 PM »
Hold on - are you actually suggesting Dorian's arms were 17 inches? Maybe a few weeks after he started training! They were not his best bodypart, but I would bet they were at least 20 inches.

Pazuzu

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #180 on: November 04, 2006, 03:58:05 PM »
Couple pics -

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: November 04, 2006, 04:00:22 PM »
FIRST pic is morphed ron

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: November 04, 2006, 04:12:48 PM »
So we've determined that steroids in moderation cause side effects.

I am more concerned about a substance which is more subtle in its seldom mentioned side effects in that it is clear and odourless.  But when ingested it has been known to cause perspiration and urination - in fact, painful urination for those with urinary tract disorders.  If too much is ingested, it can cause bloatedness and vomiting.  People who overdose become drowsy, lightheaded, and weak. They have trouble coordinating bodily movements and thinking straight, looking and feeling as if they were under the influence of alcohol. But they cannot just go home and sleep it off. They must get treatment or risk going into convulsions, a coma, or even death.

Oh yeah - I should point out that I'm talking about WATER.

So as you can see, anything can be made to sound dangerous if you want to be manipulative about it.  My point is that steroids can be used in moderation for your entire life with no ill effects.  You disagree?  ok fine - show me the bodies.

I'll wait.  :)
Well said! Great post.
?

Pazuzu

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #183 on: November 04, 2006, 04:16:58 PM »
Great post Matt.

I don't think that rear lat spread shot of Dorian is morphed. I stood near him a few times while he was Mr. O and his back really was that wide. It looks that way because his insertions are crazy low - down to the waist. Only other guys I ever saw like that were Franco Columbu and Tony Pearson.

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: November 04, 2006, 04:19:46 PM »
Great post Matt.

I don't think that rear lat spread shot of Dorian is morphed. I stood near him a few times while he was Mr. O and his back really was that wide. It looks that way because his insertions are crazy low - down to the waist. Only other guys I ever saw like that were Franco Columbu and Tony Pearson.

it IS morphed, for one the right lat is a different size tothe left, and you can clearly see the image is distorted (it is a bad morph).

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #185 on: November 04, 2006, 04:58:40 PM »
The biggest side effect of steroid use is that overall (on average) steroid users have normal health; normal life expectancy; normal functional capacity into old age and realtively normal organ health.

Why is that a side effect?

Because a healthy-eating, weight-training natural bodybuilder has much better than average health; increased life expectancy; vastly increased functional capacity into old age (and further into old age) and exceptional organ health.

That, and premature balding, are the best reasons not to take steroids.

The Luke

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #186 on: November 04, 2006, 05:06:33 PM »
The biggest side effect of steroid use is that overall (on average) steroid users have normal health; normal life expectancy; normal functional capacity into old age and realtively normal organ health.

Why is that a side effect?

Because a healthy-eating, weight-training natural bodybuilder has much better than average health; increased life expectancy; vastly increased functional capacity into old age (and further into old age) and exceptional organ health.

That, and premature balding, are the best reasons not to take steroids.

The Luke
Yep.  ;)
Lee

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: November 04, 2006, 05:53:23 PM »
you said
"Studies with around 600mg of test E show no health hazards" and state it as fact, any dose of a drug has health hazards

steriods used in moderation have many health risks as outlined by the article. i agree with you somewhat, moderate use done with proper percaution isnt all that bad but there are some health risks and like ive said we only know one long term effect, muscle growth. small cycles have been shown to increase heart hypertrophy which can have morbid outcomes. but anyway my argument was that you said it has NO health hazards which is utterly false. water has some side effects, but are revesible(hypoatremia, being one of the more lethal) but drugs use ALWAYS carries negative side, hpta downregulation, blood pressure, clotting factors etc. you comparing a life sustaining medium to steriods is a little far fetched. however, i do agree that moderate use can have minimal impact on health, so no point in arguing that, it has health risks, not none like you said.

yes davidpaul is a quality controller at the sperm bank, he checks to see if the sperm taste sour, and doubles at night as the poll at the local firehouse.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #188 on: November 04, 2006, 06:50:07 PM »
You lost a lot of credibility here in my eyes! You write for mags for a living and I assume you look at physique pics a lot and you can't tell that was morphed??!! Damn!

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #189 on: November 04, 2006, 06:52:41 PM »
Testosterone replacement therapy has been shown to have far more positive health benefits than side effects.
You can't make such a blanket statement. We do NOT know whether hormone replacement shortens or lengthens lifespan on average!

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #190 on: November 04, 2006, 06:53:52 PM »
FIRST pic is morphed ron

I agree. The 2nd pic is legit.
a

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #191 on: November 04, 2006, 07:56:21 PM »
True, but what we can say is that the studies have shown more positive results than negative.
It depends on what you mean. If we are talking about subjective feelings of improvement in the quality of life, then yes. But actual physical health benefits is another matter. We are lacking long term studies on male HRT but we could compare it to female HRT where the recommendations from the medical establishment have changed back and forth over the years. I believe currently female HRT is viewed as potentially more hazardous than beneficial. Remember that testosterone could increase the rates of prostate cancer and stuff like that.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #192 on: November 04, 2006, 10:32:44 PM »
The association with prostate cancer and testosterone is obviously widely known, however, newer studies suggest that the cause and advancement of the disease may be linked more to high estrogen levels in men and not so much DHT.  I'll see if I can find any respectable studies on it.

Farkenell

• Getbig III
  • Life Is Pain, Pain Is Everything
« Reply #193 on: November 05, 2006, 01:41:21 AM »
hey farken, do you predict you will weigh 119 kilograms by the end of year 4 then, by staying just as "lean"?

Hell no, not even next year. Thats crazy

Farkenell

• Getbig III
  • Life Is Pain, Pain Is Everything
« Reply #194 on: November 05, 2006, 01:46:37 AM »
Dorian wasn't that strong on back, on Blood and Guts he did a set of 5 on the partial deadlift with 455, a set of standing completely straight barbell rows with 405 which would equal 305 if he did them right and some pullovers and Hammer Pulldowns, nothing special at all.

Dorian did his Rows and Deads last in B&G. Dorian had CONTROL of the weight at all times, look at Jay Cutler rowing at the end of New Improved and Beyond which is 8 or 9 years later.

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
  • The easiest person to deceive is one's own self
Re: Ron Harris aka "Pazuzu"s lifting clips on you tube!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #195 on: November 05, 2006, 02:36:10 AM »
As for the partial reps on some things, I do agree I see it too. I confess that with DC Training, especially doing it clean (been off for 8 months now), it's very hard to keep using more weight and do more reps every single workout, especially since I've already been training for over 20 years.

Are you saying that DC training is bullshit Ron?

Pazuzu

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #196 on: November 05, 2006, 09:09:49 AM »
Not saying DC is bullshit at all - I have seen a real improvement in my physique since I started it in late June. It's just very, very hard to keep moving up in the weights and reps, again and again and again.

It would be much easier to say, well, you don't have to get stronger, you can just superset and drop set, get a great pump and get sore. That's just as good! But it's not. I had been doing that for years and years and my body was not changing anymore.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #197 on: November 05, 2006, 09:12:16 AM »
Not saying DC is bullshit at all - I have seen a real improvement in my physique since I started it in late June. It's just very, very hard to keep moving up in the weights and reps, again and again and again.

It would be much easier to say, well, you don't have to get stronger, you can just superset and drop set, get a great pump and get sore. That's just as good! But it's not. I had been doing that for years and years and my body was not changing anymore.

You didn't give it a reason to change. To see results you must see constant changes through progression. Arnold knew that very well and took that to used that to his advantage
just push some weight!

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: November 05, 2006, 09:13:57 AM »
You didn't give it a reason to change. To see results you must see constant changes through progression. Arnold knew that very well and took that to used that to his advantage

ron should try out sexy training.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #199 on: November 05, 2006, 09:16:10 AM »
ron should try out sexy training.

I bet he has tried "every training routine" out there..... ::)
just push some weight!