Author Topic: Covid 19 - We are all screwed - discuss  (Read 498002 times)

Army of One

• Getbig V
Re: Coronavirus, we are all screwed
« Reply #250 on: February 24, 2020, 06:58:17 AM »
7 dead in italy

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #251 on: February 24, 2020, 10:01:39 AM »
7 dead in italy

Current stats for regular flu in the USA 2019/2020 FLU SEASON

CDC estimates that so far this season there have been at least 29 million flu illnesses, 280,000 hospitalizations and 16,000 deaths from flu. Interim estimates of 2019-2020 flu vaccine effectiveness were released this week.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #252 on: February 24, 2020, 10:06:36 AM »
China is probably just weaponizing the Coronavirus to kill the Hong Kong protests.  This also gives them the excuse to grab political opponents for "public safety" and you never see them again.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #253 on: February 24, 2020, 10:34:37 AM »
China is probably just weaponizing the Coronavirus to kill the Hong Kong protests.  This also gives them the excuse to grab political opponents for "public safety" and you never see them again.

Grab em all :D

Q

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #254 on: February 24, 2020, 11:13:39 AM »
What is rather frightening is that the authorities believe the numbers coming out of China may be only what they want to release, perhaps not the accurate ones. They might be a lot higher..

J

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #255 on: February 24, 2020, 11:25:32 AM »

CDC estimates that so far this season there have been at least 29 million flu illnesses, 280,000 hospitalizations and 16,000 deaths from flu. Interim estimates of 2019-2020 flu vaccine effectiveness were released this week.

Dammit - I'm gonna need a bigger rucksack!
T

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #256 on: February 24, 2020, 01:13:57 PM »

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #257 on: February 24, 2020, 04:38:24 PM »
7 dead in italy

From 3 to 200 cases in just a few days.  And the known fatality rate is past 3%.

Moderna starts clinical trials of the vaccine in April.  It's up over 17% in after hours trading.
That's a stock to watch.  :o

https://www.wsj.com/market-data/quotes/MRNA

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #258 on: February 24, 2020, 04:55:54 PM »

It isn't about now, it's about where it's heading.Flu has been around since 1729.This virus only a few months old and it's spreading so rapidly while being 20-100x more deadly depending on what source you read, while being twice as infectious as flu.What is it with everyone on Getbig not being able to see past the now?

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #259 on: February 24, 2020, 05:01:57 PM »
It isn't about now, it's about where it's heading.Flu has been around since 1729.This virus only a few months old and it's spreading so rapidly while being 20-100x more deadly depending on what source you read, while being twice as infectious as flu.What is it with everyone on Getbig not being able to see past the now?

Listen Army I like you and think your a pretty cool guy but this is nuts.If you are seriously thinking about this non stop you should just off yourself now and get it over with.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #260 on: February 24, 2020, 05:17:40 PM »
From 3 to 200 cases in just a few days.  And the known fatality rate is past 3%.

Moderna starts clinical trials of the vaccine in April.  It's up over 17% in after hours trading.
That's a stock to watch.  :o

https://www.wsj.com/market-data/quotes/MRNA

Be very weary of any “we have the vaccine to the virus” stocks. There are hundreds of stocks globally with similarly hype and theme. If trading key would be get in and out fast. More sensible would be to buy legit companies with sentiment hit hard short term. Think airlines, hotels, hospitality, tourism.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #261 on: February 24, 2020, 05:19:56 PM »
Listen Army I like you and think your a pretty cool guy but this is nuts.If you are seriously thinking about this non stop you should just off yourself now and get it over with.

Talking about something that's possibly going to effect us more than any other topic on this board is nuts?Please explain.NOT talking about it is nuts.Its fascinating to me in a way, it has the potential to be unlike anything we have experienced.So we can talk about trannies, trump, sjws, steroids killing bbers, white knights, urban youths, increasingly slutty women, boomers, Tom princes kidneys, etc for 10+ pages "non stop" but something that could blow all those out of the water for fucking your shit up, we shouldn't?why?because it's scary?Because it makes you feel uncomfortable?Every other big forum where medium/high IQ posters gather they have 100+ page threads on it with around half or more of the posters thinking along the same lines I am.Why should it be different here?It's top of every media outlet too, wanna email them, tell them to stop thinking about it and reporting it because you don't like how it makes you feel?

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #262 on: February 24, 2020, 05:50:56 PM »
Talking about something that's possibly going to effect us more than any other topic on this board is nuts?Please explain.NOT talking about it is nuts.Its fascinating to me in a way, it has the potential to be unlike anything we have experienced.So we can talk about trannies, trump, sjws, steroids killing bbers, white knights, urban youths, increasingly slutty women, boomers, Tom princes kidneys, etc for 10+ pages "non stop" but something that could blow all those out of the water for fucking your shit up, we shouldn't?why?because it's scary?Because it makes you feel uncomfortable?Every other big forum where medium/high IQ posters gather they have 100+ page threads on it with around half or more of the posters thinking along the same lines I am.Why should it be different here?It's top of every media outlet too, wanna email them, tell them to stop thinking about it and reporting it because you don't like how it makes you feel?

You are way to focused on it is all I’m saying.It might kill me it might not,I can’t sit here worrying about it.Id drive myself insane.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #263 on: February 24, 2020, 06:24:13 PM »

Yet, despite all their talking, they are just as susceptible to catching it as anyone else.
X

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #264 on: February 24, 2020, 06:26:38 PM »
Be very weary of any “we have the vaccine to the virus” stocks. There are hundreds of stocks globally with similarly hype and theme. If trading key would be get in and out fast. More sensible would be to buy legit companies with sentiment hit hard short term. Think airlines, hotels, hospitality, tourism.

Absolutely.

Don't none of y'all take stock tips from me.  But I'm curious to see what the stock does between now and
results from trials.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: February 24, 2020, 06:28:07 PM »

Cope harder

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #266 on: February 24, 2020, 06:31:19 PM »
Iran are now saying 50 are dead.At this point it looks very likely it's a stronger strain there.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/24/iran-lawmaker-says-50-are-dead-from-new-coronavirus-in-city-of-qom

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #267 on: February 24, 2020, 06:33:00 PM »
Yet, despite all their talking, they are just as susceptible to catching it as anyone else.

So it can't be talked about if you are susceptible?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #268 on: February 24, 2020, 07:37:01 PM »
So it can't be talked about if you are susceptible?

It can, but it’s really a pointless endeavor.
X

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #269 on: February 24, 2020, 07:39:14 PM »
Iran are now saying 50 are dead.At this point it looks very likely it's a stronger strain there.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/24/iran-lawmaker-says-50-are-dead-from-new-coronavirus-in-city-of-qom

Good.  Hopefully Straw will be vacationing there soon. 

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #270 on: February 24, 2020, 07:42:22 PM »
It can, but it’s really a pointless endeavor.

99% of what's talked about in life is a pointless endeavor that changes the outcome of nothing.Should we stop talking about all that too?Can you make a list of what we can and can't talk about?

Also

Of the 29,000 known cases that have an outcome, 9% have resulted in death.

Of the 51,000 ongoing cases, 23% are in critical condition.

But it's just flu guys.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #271 on: February 24, 2020, 09:36:07 PM »
Wait till it starts in Africa. A large amount of black Africans in southern Africa already have HIV-AIDS.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #272 on: February 25, 2020, 12:15:20 AM »
99% of what's talked about in life is a pointless endeavor that changes the outcome of nothing.Should we stop talking about all that too?Can you make a list of what we can and can't talk about?

Also

Of the 29,000 known cases that have an outcome, 9% have resulted in death.

Of the 51,000 ongoing cases, 23% are in critical condition.

But it's just flu guys.

Talked about is one thing but your obsessively scared, paranoid and freaking out about this. Again, pointless.

X

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #273 on: February 25, 2020, 12:30:55 AM »
It mostly kills old men from pneumonia, most of them smokers who's lungs had lesions, I think the recorded cases are way to low, meaning the mortality rate is actually quite low similar to the common flu, no doubt its a bad flu, but a lot of people die from the flu each year.
In saying that I feel we are too worried about economic impact over effective containment and no doubt in the future whether its this virus mutating into a much more deadly disease or another one, we are sitting ducks. We can't even cull bats where it is well known that most of the corona type viruses come from, bat populations are out of control in most countries, if an animal that is not a food source has the potential to cause a global disease epidemic, we should cull it, no different to stoping counties get nuclear weapons, we need to neutralise threats as they arise, but our over civilised western world no longer allows us to deal with anything effectively.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #274 on: February 25, 2020, 01:15:59 AM »
It mostly kills old men from pneumonia, most of them smokers who's lungs had lesions, I think the recorded cases are way to low, meaning the mortality rate is actually quite low similar to the common flu, no doubt its a bad flu, but a lot of people die from the flu each year.
In saying that I feel we are too worried about economic impact over effective containment and no doubt in the future whether its this virus mutating into a much more deadly disease or another one, we are sitting ducks. We can't even cull bats where it is well known that most of the corona type viruses come from, bat populations are out of control in most countries, if an animal that is not a food source has the potential to cause a global disease epidemic, we should cull it, no different to stoping counties get nuclear weapons, we need to neutralise threats as they arise, but our over civilised western world no longer allows us to deal with anything effectively.

You are right. Almost 15% of the deaths have occurred among people over 80. It drops to 8% with people age 70-79 (my age group). It continues to drop to .2% among people between the ages of 10-39. There have been no reported infant deaths.

COVID-19 will not bust the economy, but fear about it doing so might. Whether seniors are a burden or an asset to society is heavily debated. It is a debate I will avoid because admittedly, I am bias. Contrary to what some here think, I have a good life and I'm not ready to give it up just yet. However, I can see where some uninformed younger people might think the world would be better off with out seniors. They'll eventually change their minds, but that's another story.

I'm never had the flu. Maybe I am naturally immune to those types of viruses. -Don't know. On the negative side, I am susceptible to getting pneumonia because I've had it before several times throughout my lifetime. Never the less, I'm pretty healthy. My immune system is great. I'll go with the idea that I'm less likely than some to get seriously ill from COVID-19.

Too bad for all my haters! LOL!