Author Topic: Covid 19 - We are all screwed - discuss  (Read 497881 times)

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
Re: Coronavirus - We are all screwed - discuss
« Reply #950 on: March 10, 2020, 07:01:55 AM »
Everyone here in a popular state in the USA or any EU country needs to prepare for what Italy is going through now to happen to them in 10-20 days.That means all schools and colleges closing, every bar, restaurant,gym,pool,ski resort etc to close.All sporting events played behind closed doors or cancelled, all concerts,festivals etc cancelled, no public gatherings.No going out apart from work and to get essentials.Buy your food and other essentials now before the mass rush.Have a plan for your kids while you are not there.Start haggling to work from home now if you can and haven't done so.

Nope..

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #951 on: March 10, 2020, 07:10:03 AM »
Nope..

Compelling argument, really made me rethink.

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #952 on: March 10, 2020, 07:20:52 AM »
Is it true that USA is sticking to it's principle "no healthcare for free" and is denying testing unless you pay 3000$?

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
So China has defeated the Corona????

Xi JinpingXINHUA VIA REUTERS
Long overdue.
VICTORY

Xi Jinping’s visit to Wuhan sends a clear message: China has defeated the coronavirus

March 10, 2020
Jane Li
By Jane Li
China tech reporter

FROM OUR OBSESSION
Because China

Even small changes in China have global effects.
China is sending the surest sign yet that it has the coronavirus under control: Chinese leader Xi Jinping finally visited Wuhan, the epicenter of the epidemic, for the first time since the crisis began in January.

Xi arrived in the city this morning to “inspect the prevention and control work of the the coronavirus,” according to state news agency Xinhua, and will visit medical workers, military commanders, community workers, police officers, grassroots officials, volunteers, and local residents. He also visited Huoshenshan, one of the hospitals that was rapidly constructed to tackle the outbreak.

Xi JinpingPEOPLE'S DIALY
Xi Jinping visits Huoshenshan hospital.
Chinese health authorities first reported that there were pneumonia cases in Wuhan, Hubei province in December to the World Health Organization. By the latest count, the province has reported a total of at least 67,760 cases (link in Chinese) and 3,024 deaths. Xi’s visit comes as China has been reporting a steadily falling number of confirmed cases and deaths in the last two weeks. Only 19 new cases, of which 17 were in Wuhan, were reported yesterday.

Beijing has signaled confidence in its fight against the epidemic by allowing cities outside Hubei to resume work and production. The government is also projecting that confidence overseas through a propaganda campaign that attempts to re-frame China as the global leader in the fight against the epidemic, and dispelling the narrative that the Covid-19 outbreak began in China.

Bill Bishop, an analyst who writes the China-focused Sinocism newsletter, wrote earlier that the surest signs that the Communist Party “thinks victory really is at hand” are if Xi visits Wuhan, kids go back to school, and a new date is set for the delayed “Two Sessions” political meetings, originally slated to take place this month.

Prior to today’s visit, Xi had been under fire for his lack of public appearances as the epidemic raged. His deputy, Li Keqiang, visited frontline workers and residents in Wuhan in January, while vice premier Sun Chunlan has been leading the government’s response to the crisis in Hubei. Xi did not make his first public appearance until Feb. 10, when he visited a residential community in Beijing, though state media had been cultivating the image of the leader as a sort of behind-the-scenes commander of the country’s efforts against the outbreak.

With public anger over the government’s management of the epidemic still palpable, Xi’s visit is likely to be conducted in a tightly controlled fashion. Just five days ago, angry residents in a Wuhan residential complex chanted “it’s all fake!” from their windows during Sun’s inspection of the neighborhood.

https://qz.com/1815533/xi-jinping-visits-wuhan-for-first-time-since-coronavirus-outbreak/?utm_source=YPL&yptr=yahoo
C

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #956 on: March 10, 2020, 08:03:10 AM »
VIDEO: A doctor breaks down the 8 things everyone should know about coronavirus

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/doctor-breaks-down-coronavirus-203755145.html

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #957 on: March 10, 2020, 09:11:38 AM »
"The biggest concern right now is not the current CFR, but what the CFR will be when medical systems get overrun.
About 10% of infections need an IC bed and assisted breathing. If those IC beds and breathing machines run out, we have a serious problem and the CFR may shoot up.

We can use the growth factor of 1.2 (observed in i.e. Italy) to compute the number of days until the number of infections exceeds the number of IC beds.

# days until overrun = CEIL((log(# IC beds * (1 - % of IC beds taken)) - log(# infections))/log(growth factor))

I compute the following:
d00 - number of days until medical system overrun GIVEN 0% of beds are taken
d50 - number of days until medical system overrun GIVEN 50% of beds are taken
d75 - number of days until medical system overrun GIVEN 75% of beds are taken
d90 - number of days until medical system overrun GIVEN 90% of beds are taken

Note that d00 is the most optimistic scenario, and very unrealistic. Most countries have a shortage of IC beds on a normal day, especially in urban areas.
In the Netherlands d90 is more realistic. Friends who work in the medical sector have told me this. You can decide for yourself which estimate you find most reasonable.

Country (#infections / #beds)
>d90/d75/d50/d00

Italy (9172/8000)
>0 / 5 / 9 / 12 (Locally the medical system is already overrun. Field hospitals are being deployed)
Switzerland (374/ 1000)
>6 / 11 / 15 / 19
Sweden (248/700)
>6 / 11 / 15 / 19
Spain (1209/8000)
>9 / 14 / 18 / 22
Netherlands (321/ 2056)
>11 / 16 / 20 / 23
France (1073/5000)
>11 / 16 / 20 / 23
Belgium (239/2000)
>12 / 17 / 21 / 25
UK (321/5000)
>16 / 21 / 24 / 28
Germany (1176/25000)
>17 / 22 / 26 / 30
Luxembourg (3/200)
>24 / 29 / 32 / 36"

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #958 on: March 10, 2020, 09:13:29 AM »
The media turning on the donald for this is just dumb. There's not much you can do when a new contagious disease emerges except some basic measures and hoping for the best.

It's like trying to stop billions of people from spreading the flue.

ilalin

• Getbig IV
  • Боже правде
« Reply #960 on: March 10, 2020, 09:18:03 AM »
“Speaking of being at risk, the president, he sleeps less than I do, and he's healthier than what I am” - US Surgeon General

i hope this fat bitch dies first

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #961 on: March 10, 2020, 09:18:36 AM »

ilalin

• Getbig IV
  • Боже правде
« Reply #962 on: March 10, 2020, 09:19:14 AM »
Love to know why large events in the US like SXSW are getting cancelled..

yet Universal Studios, Disney parks.. etc.. remain open?

because the dumb masses need to be extinct

ilalin

• Getbig IV
  • Боже правде
« Reply #963 on: March 10, 2020, 09:20:57 AM »
This guy should never, never wear white pants. They make him look like a great white whale.

Prime, that's an insult to the Great White

ilalin

• Getbig IV
  • Боже правде
« Reply #964 on: March 10, 2020, 09:30:06 AM »
I looked at the DNA sequence of Covid19 and compared it to the bat virus. 96% identical. Comparison to other Coronaviruses yields a lower percentage. There is also a spot at the end of the DNA sequence where the sequence differs resulting in (after sequence translation) exactly four additional amino acids in the protein chain (back to back). You will almost never see (one in a quadrillion) exactly four amino acids insertion during natural mutation.
Looking at a recently taken down scientific article from a Taiwanese scientist claiming the virus has been engineered and escaped the only Level 4 lab in China (in Wuhan, incidentally) with the person that supposedly worked on it dying from the infection, coupled with the fact that the bat's nutsack and other bat body parts are not sold on the market that was questionably the origin of infection, I believe we will never exactly know how this virus started infecting people.

blackpele

• Getbig III
« Reply #965 on: March 10, 2020, 09:59:28 AM »
I looked at the DNA sequence of Covid19 and compared it to the bat virus. 96% identical. Comparison to other Coronaviruses yields a lower percentage. There is also a spot at the end of the DNA sequence where the sequence differs resulting in (after sequence translation) exactly four additional amino acids in the protein chain (back to back). You will almost never see (one in a quadrillion) exactly four amino acids insertion during natural mutation.
Looking at a recently taken down scientific article from a Taiwanese scientist claiming the virus has been engineered and escaped the only Level 4 lab in China (in Wuhan, incidentally) with the person that supposedly worked on it dying from the infection, coupled with the fact that the bat's nutsack and other bat body parts are not sold on the market that was questionably the origin of infection, I believe we will never exactly know how this virus started infecting people.

Thanks ilalin!!!........great post

ilalin

• Getbig IV
  • Боже правде

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #967 on: March 10, 2020, 10:09:46 AM »
i hope this fat bitch dies first

Hahaha keep crying liberal.Boohoo I’m a little pussy.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #968 on: March 10, 2020, 10:15:56 AM »
And so it begins

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #969 on: March 10, 2020, 10:32:27 AM »
Is it true that USA is sticking to it's principle "no healthcare for free" and is denying testing unless you pay 3000$?

Sort of, I forget the number, but the Corona test is between $2000 - 3000, and they were passing at least some of the cost down to citizens. But that's slowly changing, a handful of cities have ordered insurers to cover it, and many of the US's bigger insurers folded and said they'll make it a free test for all the people they cover.

I suspect in the next few days it will be a free test to all. I'm also sure the insurers will find a way to recoup the cost.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #970 on: March 10, 2020, 10:34:26 AM »

ilalin

• Getbig IV
  • Боже правде
« Reply #971 on: March 10, 2020, 10:48:07 AM »
Hahaha keep crying liberal.Boohoo I’m a little pussy.

if you were smart, you'd realize a long time ago that trump (no, not Trump) is a lying piece of shit and a conman. I'm all for American prosperity and this bitch, has not and will never bring anything prosperous to the great American nation. In fact, I believe he would collude with any other lying piece of shit to keep himself in power.
I am not sure why I am trying to explain this to you. It's like trying to explain to a bipolar person that is in their mania portion of the disorder, that they are manic. When the depresion sets in, you will see for yourself. It might take years, though.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #972 on: March 10, 2020, 10:52:29 AM »
if you were smart, you'd realize a long time ago that trump (no, not Trump) is a lying piece of shit and a conman. I'm all for American prosperity and this bitch, has not and will never bring anything prosperous to the great American nation. In fact, I believe he would collude with any other lying piece of shit to keep himself in power.
I am not sure why I am trying to explain this to you. It's like trying to explain to a bipolar person that is in their mania portion of the disorder, that they are manic. When the depresion sets in, you will see for yourself. It might take years, though.

Every politician is a lying piece of shit and a conman.You dont get anywhere in politics without being ruthless and stepping on people to get to where you want to be.You just need someone who projects strength and isn't afraid to offend people to get the job done.Apart from dropping the ball on not acting quickly enough on Corona, Trump has done this best of any president I've seen.

ilalin

• Getbig IV
  • Боже правде
« Reply #973 on: March 10, 2020, 10:55:50 AM »
And so it begins

Too little, too late, I think that the number of infected in the USA is already very significant. We are just not informed yet. Canada might be in the same boat.
This is due to the fact that some cases might go symptomless for up to 24 days. This, coupled with the fact that the virus is easily transmitted and might even survive on surfaces for some time, points to all of us being in danger. 3% is not very high if talking about 100,000 cases. But 3% of a million is 30,000 deaths. And that sucks.
Men have higher chances of contracting too. A good thing is that children seem to be more resistant. Lord of the Flies, baby...

ilalin

• Getbig IV
  • Боже правде
« Reply #974 on: March 10, 2020, 10:57:47 AM »
Every politician is a lying piece of shit and a conman.You dont get anywhere in politics without being ruthless and stepping on people to get to where you want to be.You just need someone who projects strength and isn't afraid to offend people to get the job done.Apart from dropping the ball on not acting quickly enough on Corona, Trump has done this best of any president I've seen.
i agree. It's just that he's not very smart. He might have capable people around him telling him what to do, where I'd hope he'd listen.