Author Topic: Covid 19 - We are all screwed - discuss  (Read 497884 times)

Megalodon

• Getbig V
Re: Coronavirus - We are all screwed - discuss
« Reply #3850 on: May 26, 2020, 01:14:16 PM »
Masked MSNBC reporter laments no one wearing mask as the camera pans to a man saying "yeah, including your cameramen". Busted. "Oh yeah, my cameraman".

There are so many networked Youtube cop-accountability and other individual news channels that are collectively thousands of times bigger than all the networks combined.
They can go live all around the world at a moments notice and have reporters on practically every block in the US and all over Europe. Anyone here can report, on camera, live around the world, this very second. Why people are still watching this biased, limited, corporate trickery sh1t is beyond me. What happened to "power to the people" and "never trust authority"?

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #3851 on: May 26, 2020, 01:16:25 PM »

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3852 on: May 26, 2020, 01:19:02 PM »

bruh, come on

They're all degrees of the same thing, including Fox.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #3853 on: May 26, 2020, 01:22:03 PM »
They're all degrees of the same thing, including Fox.

yeah we know.....you're one of those guys who does that "drrrrr it doesn't matter; they're all crooks" rap when discussing politics, right?

we get it- you're based

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3854 on: May 26, 2020, 01:40:55 PM »
yeah we know.....you're one of those guys who does that "drrrrr it doesn't matter; they're all crooks" rap when discussing politics, right?

we get it- you're based

What you're describing is "black pilled", not based, and I'm definitely not black-pilled and never say "drrrrr, it doesn't matter, they're all crooks" although I might start adding the "drrrrr".

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #3855 on: May 26, 2020, 01:42:49 PM »
What you're describing is "black pilled", not based, and I'm definitely not black-pilled and never say "drrrrr, it doesn't matter, they're all crooks" although I might start adding the "drrrrr".

whatever you say, nerd

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #3856 on: May 26, 2020, 01:44:30 PM »
or, actually let me do my reply in a way you would understand better

>"black pilled"
> not based

whatever you say, nerd

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #3857 on: May 26, 2020, 01:48:32 PM »

Whats crazy is think of all the US did to slow this down and our numbers are slightly higher lower than Sweden, who did absolutely nothing.

And poor Italy is probably still counting the bodies.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3858 on: May 26, 2020, 01:49:35 PM »

>"black pilled"
> not based

whatever you say, nerd

Ok, thanks. Glad you engaged, that's never a bad thing.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3859 on: May 26, 2020, 06:47:21 PM »
Already bad but mad worse by the virus:

The Rise And Fall of USPS

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3860 on: May 26, 2020, 11:04:46 PM »
Based on the stats for COVID-19 cases and deaths, it looks as if the U.S. might be the unhealthiest place to live.

1. China

2. U.S. (  ???)

3. Brazil

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #3861 on: May 27, 2020, 04:20:09 AM »
Cuomo says he's done guessing about when NY will reopen as he slams COVID-19 predictions

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cuomo-says-hes-done-guessing-111734930.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3862 on: May 27, 2020, 04:50:56 AM »
Cuomo says he's done guessing about when NY will reopen as he slams COVID-19 predictions

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cuomo-says-hes-done-guessing-111734930.html

We are never reopening here - it sucks 

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #3863 on: May 27, 2020, 07:32:35 AM »
There's much bigger stuff to worry about than Covid...

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #3864 on: May 27, 2020, 07:42:52 AM »
There's much bigger stuff to worry about than Covid...

That's right.  Once the sun goes, and it will, we're all fooked anyway.  That's Trump's fault too.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3865 on: May 27, 2020, 09:03:15 AM »
Norway believe the virus peaked there back in March and that lockdown was unnecessary. Expect more stories like this over the coming months.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/norway-health-chief-lockdown-was-not-needed-to-tame-covid

Social distancing measures, good hygiene, work from home, no large gatherings etc would have been enough to see off the virus in most places.

Only places that needed lockdown measures were large densely packed cities just coming out of winter.

Guess who told you all this months ago  ;)

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3866 on: May 27, 2020, 01:18:23 PM »
People shouldn‘t be afraid of the virus, they should be afraid of the people that are telling them how to live their lives

^this

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3867 on: May 27, 2020, 01:24:35 PM »
Based on the stats for COVID-19 cases and deaths, it looks as if the U.S. might be the unhealthiest place to live.

Now I know for a fact you have never been to China, haha. Most disgusting fucking place. I've heard India is even worse but fortunately I have been able to avoid all biz trips there.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #3868 on: May 28, 2020, 04:05:34 AM »

>"black pilled"
> not based

whatever you say, nerd

Oh no. I got that. From a memory, even.

> Be overthehill.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3869 on: May 28, 2020, 08:33:22 AM »
Heartbreaking Data: 42 Percent of US Coronavirus Deaths Are Linked to Nursing Homes, Where Less Than One Percent of Americans Live
Townhall ^ | 05/28/2020 | Guy Benson
Posted on 5/28/2020, 11:30:04 AM by SeekAndFind

The heartbreaking statistic relayed in my headline is not, as some have suggested, an attempt to diminish the tragedy of the tens of thousands of Americans who have died as a result of lethal Coronavirus outbreaks at nursing homes and long-term care facilities.  Every human life has value and dignity, and losing so many aging Americans to this virulent disease is gut-wrenching.  The point is not that older lives lost do not matter.  The point is that as we make difficult public policy decisions about public health and reopening the economy, extraordinary efforts must be undertaken to mitigate the deadly impact of isolated hotspots that arise as the virus sweeps through communities that are exclusively populated by the most vulnerable members of our society.  These numbers, released earlier this week, are staggering and important:

New @FREOPP: Updated report on #COVID19 nursing home fatalities with the latest data as of Friday. https://t.co/ylZ5EqAzWY Nursing homes & assisted living facilities now represent 42% of all deaths from the coronavirus—up from 40% earlier this month—and 52% outside of NY state. pic.twitter.com/78N6vD5Afp— Avik Roy (@Avik) May 26, 2020

Remember that only 1.8% of U.S. residents live in nursing homes or assisted living facilities, and yet these facilities have tallied 42% of all #COVID19 deaths.— Avik Roy (@Avik) May 26, 2020

Roy later clarified that the actual percentage of Americans living in these facilities is 0.6 percent.  New York leads the nation in the total number of statewide COVID deaths generally, as well as at nursing homes -- but its overall percentage may still look somewhat favorable due to its government's decision to alter the manner in which such deaths are counted.  As the media flocked to cover this bogus story out of Florida (because of course they did), New York's apparent statistical sleight of hand has garnered relatively little attention.  As we've covered, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis and his team did an extraordinary job of recognizing and addressing COVID's unique threat to nursing homes, achieving impressive and life-saving results thus far.  Florida's population is older and larger than New York's, yet its death toll is roughly one-tenth of the Empire State's.  Thousands more people perished from the virus in New York nursing homes alone than in the entire state of Florida. Health policy expert Avik Roy, who published the tweets embedded above, adds additional insight based on the data:

States like New York, New Jersey, and Michigan actually ordered nursing homes to accept patients with active COVID-19 infections who were being discharged from hospitals. The most charitable interpretation of these orders is that they were designed to ensure that states would not overcrowd their ICUs. But well after hospitalizations peaked, governors like New York’s Andrew Cuomo were doubling down on their mandates. As recently as April 23, Cuomo declared that nursing homes “don’t have a right to object” to accepting elderly patients with active COVID infections. “That is the rule and that is the regulation and they have to comply with that.” Only on May 10—after the deaths of nearly 3,000 New York residents of nursing homes and assisted living facilities—did Cuomo stand down and partially rescind his order...Contrast the decisions by governors like Cuomo with those of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis. In Florida, all nursing home workers were required to be screened for COVID-19 symptoms before entering a facility. On March 15, before most states had locked down, DeSantis signed an executive order that banned nursing home visitations from friends and family, and also banned hospitals from discharging SARS-CoV-2-infected patients into long-term care facilities...While it is too late for thousands of nursing home residents who have already died, there is still time to protect the millions who remain, by learning from Florida’s example.

Learning from one's mistakes should not include craven blame shift and purging the public record. This looks very suspicious, in light of the deserved criticism New York's disastrous policies are facing:

This is/was the deleted page. pic.twitter.com/m9mRO1mwPI— Reagan Battalion (@ReaganBattalion) May 26, 2020

I'll leave you with the mixed results of the reopening process thus far. Many of the critics' worst fears and most frightening predictions have failed to materialize -- but we need to keep a careful eye on rising hospitalizations:

Great news out of Texas, which has now been reopened for almost 4 weeks.

There can be a safe and practical way for states to reopen with appropriate restrictions and medications. https://t.co/mDinkHhVnk— Alicia Smith (@Alicia_Smith19) May 26, 2020

THREAD: New hospitalizations nationwide have risen slightly over the last week after showing sustained declines for the two preceding weeks. This view below looks at the nation outside of the New York tristate region. pic.twitter.com/H7x30dvEzI— Scott Gottlieb, MD (@ScottGottliebMD) May 24, 2020

These are also hopeful signs:

.@AstraZeneca CEO says he has high confidence his company’s COVID-19 vaccine will work - and can have 300m doses available in the US by October. **personal note here— that would be fan-fricking-tastick....... @KyraPhillips— John Roberts (@johnrobertsFox) May 23, 2020

New study finds Covid19 patients are no longer infectious after 11 days of getting sick even though some may still test positive. The data from Singapore adds to a growing body of evidence showing people don’t transmit the infection once they’re recovered. https://t.co/adRCousXYa— Scott Gottlieb, MD (@ScottGottliebMD) May 24, 2020

UPDATE - This framing is very very odd:

COVID-19 deaths have declined in Democratic congressional districts since mid-April, but remained relatively steady in districts controlled by Republicans. https://t.co/NnUcKYt67w pic.twitter.com/R3mdZ1l8c4— Pew Research Center (@pewresearch) May 27, 2020

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3870 on: May 28, 2020, 08:50:04 AM »
Get ready-brace yourselves- its coming----asymptomatic carriers are not contagious.

Watch

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3871 on: May 28, 2020, 09:00:43 AM »
Get ready-brace yourselves- its coming----asymptomatic carriers are not contagious.

Watch

It's been established for a while now that loads of people are able to clear the virus before it can take hold.

The virus gets into their bodies, but it's cleared before it can get into cells, so it can't replicate. These people can't spread the virus and they won't have antibodies for the virus in their system either. This wouldn't count as an infection so you wouldn't call these people  asymptomatic. I'd guess 50% of those who come into contact with the virus clear it this way.

It will probably be weeks if not months before this information hits the mainstream.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #3872 on: May 28, 2020, 09:32:59 AM »
It's been established for a while now that loads of people are able to clear the virus before it can take hold.

The virus gets into their bodies, but it's cleared before it can get into cells, so it can't replicate. These people can't spread the virus and they won't have antibodies for the virus in their system either. This wouldn't count as an infection so you wouldn't call these people  asymptomatic. I'd guess 50% of those who come into contact with the virus clear it this way.

It will probably be weeks if not months before this information hits the mainstream.
Just in time to shut us down for the winter.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #3873 on: May 28, 2020, 09:49:46 AM »
Norway believe the virus peaked there back in March and that lockdown was unnecessary. Expect more stories like this over the coming months.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/norway-health-chief-lockdown-was-not-needed-to-tame-covid

Social distancing measures, good hygiene, work from home, no large gatherings etc would have been enough to see off the virus in most places.

Only places that needed lockdown measures were large densely packed cities just coming out of winter.

Guess who told you all this months ago  ;)

Army of One and Gib?

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3874 on: May 28, 2020, 09:54:42 AM »
Army of One and Gib?

Army of one was screaming about a 10% death rate and gib is still waiting for his people on the ground to tell us if dogs can get infected or not.