Author Topic: Covid 19 - We are all screwed - discuss  (Read 497851 times)

Flexacon

• Getbig V
Re: Coronavirus - We are all screwed - discuss
« Reply #4075 on: June 11, 2020, 04:32:19 AM »
Starbucks to close up to 400 U.S. stores

It's simple, a lot of starbucks near office buildings will be closing because more office workers will now be working from home.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
Re: Coronovirus, we are all screwed
« Reply #4076 on: June 11, 2020, 04:43:56 AM »

He is calling it a win. Never mind the fact the someparts and gib broached the subject a month before he started this thread and that I've given an accurate path the virus would take down to numbers, timeline and location months ahead of it doing so.

I thought for myself when this whole forum was against me,when i was telling you you corona would hit us hard, would lead to us being locked down and mass civil unrest would follow.I read that nowhere here, or even in the media for that matter.Rather than be bitter that you are a sheep and were wildly wrong, open your mind and learn not to follow group think.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #4077 on: June 11, 2020, 04:53:36 AM »
Starbucks is Krispy Kreme and Subway 2.0.  I drive 15 mils to work and pass 7-8 SBs.  Really!

Starbucks is nothing like Krispy Kreme. 1,000 locations versus 31,000+ locations  ???
One is a 1 billion dollar company and the other is a 92 billion dollar company. It’s not even close.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4078 on: June 11, 2020, 11:50:27 AM »
Starbucks to close up to 400 U.S. stores

Coffee giant Starbucks announced Wednesday in an SEC filing it will close up to 400 company-operated stores over the next 18 months.

There are over 250 Starbucks locations in New Jersey but it is unknown if any will be impacted. A Starbucks spokesperson didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

Starbucks said it expects to lose up to $3.2 billion in revenue due to the coronavirus pandemic, and the closures are to “strategically optimize our portfolio.”

The filing also said Starbucks has plans to open an additional 300 stores this year, down from 600 originally, as well as renovate layouts in select stores.

“As we navigate through the COVID-19 crisis, we are accelerating our store transformation plans to address the realities of the current situation, while still providing a safe, familiar and convenient experience for our customers,” CEO Kevin Johnson said in a statement.

In March, Starbucks closed its dining rooms and transitioned to only drive-thru and delivery services. Select cafes reopened in May, but those in New Jersey still remain closed.

https://www.nj.com/business/2020/06/starbucks-to-close-up-to-400-us-stores.html?utm_campaign=njcom_sf&utm_content=nj_facebook_njcom&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2Joz52MOCx8uzFceKOFrK_EIMtMsR4GEp76r4xnmnHbCqLg7Ryx6cmi6Y

Companies reassess the value of their locations all the time. Starbucks is always closing stores and opening new ones. There are 3 Starbucks in West Linn. A few years ago, they closed one of them and then opened a new store a year later a block away.

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4079 on: June 11, 2020, 01:51:22 PM »

There have been trillions of dollars printed as a result of this. That’s not an opinion. It’s fact. Do you not think some of that money is going to the medical establishment?

Wasting your time dude

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4080 on: June 11, 2020, 04:32:20 PM »
It's simple, a lot of starbucks near office buildings will be closing because more office workers will now be working from home.

There is one Starbucks and two Dunkins near where I work. The Starbucks closed for the virus while the Dunkins installed safeguards like the counter shield and the distancing markers on the floor.

The Starbucks management made a choice and the employees of the closing locations have to deal with it.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4081 on: June 11, 2020, 05:01:55 PM »
There is one Starbucks and two Dunkins near where I work. The Starbucks closed for the virus while the Dunkins installed safeguards like the counter shield and the distancing markers on the floor.

The Starbucks management made a choice and the employees of the closing locations have to deal with it.

For the safety of their employees, Starbucks closed all stores that didn't have a drive through take out.

Starbucks didn't stiff their employees. Far from it. They paid those who worked and extra $3.00 an hour. The rest got catastrophic pay with benefits for the month of April at least (not sure about May).

In Oregon with current social distancing restrictions, Starbucks is strictly take out.

https://www.restaurantbusinessonline.com/financing/starbucks-giving-employees-extra-pay-next-month

Duncan Donuts stayed open for drive through and pick-up only. They reduced hours of operations as well as number of staff.

Nothing I could find indicated if those employees who actually worked got extra pay or if those who were laid off got paid or had benefits.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #4082 on: June 11, 2020, 05:04:42 PM »
This is 100x deadlier than flu and looks to be spreading just as fast, how on earth did you reach the conclusion this is nothing much to worry about?Flu has been around for hundreds of years, this just a few months, and look how fast it is spreading.

;D Care for a do-over?
a

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4083 on: June 11, 2020, 05:16:42 PM »
;D Care for a do-over?

Looks like we might get a second shot. The number of new cases in Texas spiked. Austin, TX is extending stay at home and social distancing orders through June 15.

On Wednesday, Texas reported 2,504 new cases and 32 new deaths. For the third day in a row, the state also reported a record-high number of new hospitalizations at 2,153.

There are good reasons for getting the economy back on track. The way to do that is to reopen. But, there will definitely be a cost. Lives lost and more people getting sick. Anyone who thinks this thing is over, should think again.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #4084 on: June 11, 2020, 05:34:07 PM »
32 deaths?  THIRTY-TWO?  32?

Come on! I killed more people than that last Tuesday at Arby's.

It's all over.  The lie has been revealed as a lie.

Iron brother relax.  Go to the gym. Have a drink. Pick up a MILF. The charade is over.
a

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #4085 on: June 11, 2020, 05:57:39 PM »
32 deaths?  THIRTY-TWO?  32?

Come on! I killed more people than that last Tuesday at Arby's.

It's all over.  The lie has been revealed as a lie.

Iron brother relax.  Go to the gym. Have a drink. Pick up a MILF. The charade is over.

We could have saved 32 lives if we had stayed at home another month.   :'(

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #4086 on: June 12, 2020, 11:21:32 AM »
We could have saved 32 lives if we had stayed at home another month.   :'(

Thank you sir.  Exactly. 

Let me think... "waste $1,000,000,000,000,000 dollars and destroy thousands of lives, or 32 people get sick and die"

I'll take Door number two.
a

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #4087 on: June 12, 2020, 11:23:58 AM »
My guess is that the median age of the 32 is over 80 with multiple pre-existings.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #4088 on: June 12, 2020, 11:35:25 AM »
Thank you sir.  Exactly. 

Let me think... "waste $1,000,000,000,000,000 dollars and destroy thousands of lives, or 32 people get sick and die"

I'll take Door number two.
👍
T

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #4089 on: June 12, 2020, 06:15:27 PM »
WTF?

Latest testing shows no big spike in COVID-19 cases due to protests
June 12, 2020
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/testing-shows-no-big-spike-223406160.html

As coronavirus cases spike, Fauci warns Trump rally attendees that large gatherings are ‘risky’
June 12, 2020
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/06/12/coronavirus-live-updates-us/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4090 on: June 12, 2020, 08:31:35 PM »
WTF?

Latest testing shows no big spike in COVID-19 cases due to protests
June 12, 2020
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/testing-shows-no-big-spike-223406160.html

As coronavirus cases spike, Fauci warns Trump rally attendees that large gatherings are ‘risky’
June 12, 2020
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/06/12/coronavirus-live-updates-us/

Not going to post up links because it isn't worth the bother. Y'all are gonna believe whatever you want to anyway.

Oregon is back in the "red zone" since the phase I opening of most of counties in the state. As a result, Multnomah, County's application to begin phase I reopening has been put on hold by Governor Brown.

It is going to be a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation all over the country if not the world. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #4091 on: June 13, 2020, 04:37:14 AM »
Not going to post up links because it isn't worth the bother. Y'all are gonna believe whatever you want to anyway.

Oregon is back in the "red zone" since the phase I opening of most of counties in the state. As a result, Multnomah, County's application to begin phase I reopening has been put on hold by Governor Brown.

It is going to be a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation all over the country if not the world.

Apparently if we all protest, the virus will not touch us.  Protesting makes people immune, even joggers.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #4092 on: June 13, 2020, 05:12:19 AM »
Hopefully this decimates the 'protesters'.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4093 on: June 18, 2020, 05:36:15 PM »
What movies will they have next month? Black Widow has been moved to November.

AMC Theatres To Reopen in July, Be At Full Capacity By November

AMC Theatres rolled out a plan for reopening their cinemas beginning in mid-July, with theater capacity being increased in stages between July and November, using big-release weekends as pivot points. According to a statement released by AMC, its first phase will open at 30% capacity on July 15, followed by 40% at Phase 2. Labor Day marks the target date to have theaters 50% full, and the current plan is for cinemas to be back to normal in time for the releases of No Time To Die and Soul on Thanksgiving weekend. To accommodate this, AMC says it will automatically "black out" every other row in their cinemas not equipped with reclining seats.

That might mean blacking it out for preordered ticketing, not actually barring people from sitting there; simply removing certain rows would presumably cause crowding in the remaining rows and reduce social distancing. Of course, the argument could be made that it also created distance between people in front of and behind you.

AMC also told Deadline that they are committed to this timeline, regardless of whether movies like Tenet and Mulan move to later dates or not.

"More than 90% of the attendance of the AMC circuit from the entire United States" will be included in the first wave of openings in July, AMC's Adam Aron said in that interview. They will be in between 35 and 45 states.

https://comicbook.com/irl/news/amc-theatres-to-reopen-in-july-be-at-full-capacity-by-november/

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4094 on: June 18, 2020, 05:38:45 PM »
Australia has had a state driven cyber attack. Infrastructure, utilities, politics. Everything was attacked, all at the same time with top level methods. In other words, China just orchestrated a widespread attack to cripple the country.

A number of things have lead up to this. This isn't a corona thing btw. Oz pulled back on policies for foreign investment allowing all purchases and deals to be called into review annually, essentially allowing the govt to stop any deal. Partly because idiot states allowed control of key ports for 100yrs along with water rights, medical supplies and other key resources.

Rewind back a couple of months to when i said this corona thing would be China's undoing. Well, Oz already fired the first fuck you shots and they retaliated with a full blown cyber attack.

Meanwhile in the US debate rages over which breakfast cereal is racist..... 

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #4095 on: June 18, 2020, 05:41:05 PM »
What movies will they have next month? Black Widow has been moved to November.

AMC Theatres To Reopen in July, Be At Full Capacity By November

AMC Theatres rolled out a plan for reopening their cinemas beginning in mid-July, with theater capacity being increased in stages between July and November, using big-release weekends as pivot points. According to a statement released by AMC, its first phase will open at 30% capacity on July 15, followed by 40% at Phase 2. Labor Day marks the target date to have theaters 50% full, and the current plan is for cinemas to be back to normal in time for the releases of No Time To Die and Soul on Thanksgiving weekend. To accommodate this, AMC says it will automatically "black out" every other row in their cinemas not equipped with reclining seats.

That might mean blacking it out for preordered ticketing, not actually barring people from sitting there; simply removing certain rows would presumably cause crowding in the remaining rows and reduce social distancing. Of course, the argument could be made that it also created distance between people in front of and behind you.

AMC also told Deadline that they are committed to this timeline, regardless of whether movies like Tenet and Mulan move to later dates or not.

"More than 90% of the attendance of the AMC circuit from the entire United States" will be included in the first wave of openings in July, AMC's Adam Aron said in that interview. They will be in between 35 and 45 states.

https://comicbook.com/irl/news/amc-theatres-to-reopen-in-july-be-at-full-capacity-by-november/

Black Superman
Black Batman
Black Spider-Man

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #4096 on: June 18, 2020, 05:47:41 PM »
Australia has had a state driven cyber attack. Infrastructure, utilities, politics. Everything was attacked, all at the same time with top level methods. In other words, China just orchestrated a widespread attack to cripple the country.

A number of things have lead up to this. This isn't a corona thing btw. Oz pulled back on policies for foreign investment allowing all purchases and deals to be called into review annually, essentially allowing the govt to stop any deal. Partly because idiot states allowed control of key ports for 100yrs along with water rights, medical supplies and other key resources.

Rewind back a couple of months to when i said this corona thing would be China's undoing. Well, Oz already fired the first fuck you shots and they retaliated with a full blown cyber attack.

Meanwhile in the US debate rages over which breakfast cereal is racist.....

Are you sure it wasn’t Lord Humungus?

ilalin

• Getbig IV
  • Боже правде
« Reply #4097 on: June 18, 2020, 05:56:52 PM »
I hope as best examples of lower life forms, tommygetsbonned and Obese Lezzy, get infected and end up choking on their own Republican,  Nazi Fox bullshit.

This crap was predicted in March, if you listened to smart people. See you again at 200,000 dead Americans in October.

Losers!

Oh, and I  urge all Trump followers to get out and mingle, as much as you can, cockroaches. The world definitely needs radical cleansing.  God willing, this board will die too.
Alleluia

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #4098 on: June 18, 2020, 07:54:33 PM »
I hope as best examples of lower life forms, tommygetsbonned and Obese Lezzy, get infected and end up choking on their own Republican,  Nazi Fox bullshit.

This crap was predicted in March, if you listened to smart people. See you again at 200,000 dead Americans in October.

Losers!

Oh, and I  urge all Trump followers to get out and mingle, as much as you can, cockroaches. The world definitely needs radical cleansing.  God willing, this board will die too.
Alleluia

*SNICKER*
 ::)

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4099 on: June 18, 2020, 08:33:51 PM »

Are you sure it wasn’t Lord Humungus?

LOL could be. He looks like a coder, small arms.

I was told the US military believes they will be at war with China in 2030.