Author Topic: Sergio 1976 - 1985  (Read 41303 times)

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
Re: Sergio 1976 - 1985
« Reply #200 on: December 15, 2006, 12:24:40 PM »
Why did you pick a bunch of bad pictures of Arnold to make your point?

what are you talking about? I could understand maybe the last pic is a bad shot, but the other 2 pics are straight on. By the way, Sergio's arms still look better in the shots you posted.

Here are "good" pics of Arnold's mediocre forearms.

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #201 on: December 15, 2006, 05:52:21 PM »
what are you talking about? I could understand maybe the last pic is a bad shot, but the other 2 pics are straight on. By the way, Sergio's arms still look better in the shots you posted.

Here are "good" pics of Arnold's mediocre forearms.

That's true, Sergio had massive forearms compared with Arnold at his best.

Body88 said he was replying to some post which said that Arnold was hopeless and didn't deserve to stand next to Sergio on stage.

Well, that clearly wasn't one of my posts, so he's obviously not replying to me.

Arnold had flaws. Sergio had flaws. Arnold had more flaws than Sergio, and didn't make up for them in comparison. Sergio, hence, was the better bodybuilder.

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #202 on: December 16, 2006, 08:58:59 AM »

Why did you pick a bunch of bad pictures of Arnold to make your point? Check out Sergio's DOMINANT genetics. I will post some bad pictures to back up my claim also! Sergio was huge no doubnt. But,he also had a tiny head. Makes him look way bigger then he was. When he stood next to Arnold it was apparent he was much less impressive then when he stood alone.

I do not dispute the fact Arnold had flaws.So didnt Sergio. Sergio had the tiny waist. At his best Arnold was better then Sergio. Could Sergio have been better then Arnold? Sure. But, he never got in shape so it does not matter.

They keep talking about Sergio's "genetics" because he's black. So you KNOW he must have better genetics than Arnold, because we all know black guys have superior genetics for bodybuilding right?  ;D

This despite the fact that he looks like shit in the pics you posted. Doesn't look special at all. I see no reason to think he has better genetics than Arnold.

FACT IS:

Arnold always displayed superior conditioning(genetic propensity to work harder).
Arnold always had a bigger chest(genetic). This is the consensus of the VAST majority.
Arnold had biceps that were full and peaked(genetic). Sergio's were just full...
thus, Arnold had better biceps.
Arnold was taller(genetic), making him more imposing and impressive overall.

Quads are up for debate. Personally, I think Arnolds are superior because his conditioning was on.
Sergio's 'powerlifter' thighs aren't impressive.

Sergio was a shorter man with relatively big arms, unusually small waste, consistently sup-par conditioning come contest time, and average everything else.

These are the facts...

AND

THE JUDGES AGREE WITH ME!
TEAM REPTILIAN

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #203 on: December 16, 2006, 07:12:59 PM »
Demonstrated resentment of black BBs including Coleman & Oliva. Real issues with black guys who threaten to beat his white prizes Yates, Schwarzenegger & Priest. hahaahahahahah

Sergio is latino.......not black.

He may have black blood in him, but he's culturally hispanic.

Learn the difference, bro.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #204 on: December 16, 2006, 07:38:31 PM »

They keep talking about Sergio's "genetics" because he's black. So you KNOW he must have better genetics than Arnold, because we all know black guys have superior genetics for bodybuilding right?  ;D

This despite the fact that he looks like shit in the pics you posted. Doesn't look special at all. I see no reason to think he has better genetics than Arnold.

FACT IS:

Arnold always displayed superior conditioning(genetic propensity to work harder).
Arnold always had a bigger chest(genetic). This is the consensus of the VAST majority.
Arnold had biceps that were full and peaked(genetic). Sergio's were just full...
thus, Arnold had better biceps.
Arnold was taller(genetic), making him more imposing and impressive overall.

Quads are up for debate. Personally, I think Arnolds are superior because his conditioning was on.
Sergio's 'powerlifter' thighs aren't impressive.

Sergio was a shorter man with relatively big arms, unusually small waste, consistently sup-par conditioning come contest time, and average everything else.

These are the facts...

AND

THE JUDGES AGREE WITH ME!

Yes, Sergio wasn't black. And no, we're not talking about his better genetics because he was dark- a quick look at his physique should tell you that he has a better frame for bodybuilding.

Yes, Arnold always displayed better conditioning. However, does this better work ethic indicate a genetic feature? Hell no, a personality trait such as this isn't genetically informed, it's a socially produced feature. I'm not doubting this for a second- that Arnold had a better work ethic and conditioning- however it would be incorrect to assume that that was down to genetics.

Arnold had a bigger chest, and a bigger rib cage- yes, that's genetic. Never disputed that. I wouldn't contend that Arnold had a better chest. However, I would also mention that there was absolutely nothing wrong with Sergio's.

Arnold's biceps were not full. They were peaked. Of course we're talking relative to Sergio, not relative to someone like Franco Columbu. This is a matter of taste- again.

Quads- this comes back to conditioning, so it's hard to double cross Sergio here. You could go through the whole body and pick the body parts apart for detail- however it comes under the conditioning section. Sergio had better shaped thighs, more massive and balanced compared to his upper body. Arnold's were more detailed. However, so are Ethiopian starving adult's. Don't forget about hamstrings- Arnold's were non-existant compared to Sergio.

Everything else, Sergio had Arnold on.

I notice that you keep returning to chest, biceps and a half-hearted examination of the thighs. This does not equal a better physique in a bodybuilding contest. It might for the chicks out there- and if you're bodybuilding for the chicks and are developing your money muslces, well fine- good for you. But bodybuilding is about more than chest and biceps.

And Arnold himself doesn't agree with you- he has commented that Sergio deservedto beat him that day (1972).

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #205 on: December 16, 2006, 07:44:31 PM »

And Arnold himself doesn't agree with you- he has commented that Sergio deservedto beat him that day (1972).

Sergio claimed this I never read if Arnold claimed this himself , did you read Arnold saying this and if so where?

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #206 on: December 16, 2006, 07:46:16 PM »
Sergio claimed this I never read if Arnold claimed this himself , did you read Arnold saying this and if so where?

I thought I read a quote from a magazine or a book or interview or something on this board with Arnold saying this?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: December 16, 2006, 07:48:04 PM »

I thought I read a quote from a magazine or a book or interview or something on this board with Arnold saying this?

In an interview Sergio claimed Arnold admitted to him that Sergio beat him in 72 , but I've haven't been able to confirm this .

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #208 on: December 16, 2006, 07:49:54 PM »
In an interview Sergio claimed Arnold admitted to him that Sergio beat him in 72 , but I've haven't been able to confirm this .

Well I wouldn't have claimed this if I didn't believe that Arnold had said it- I honestly thuoght it was posted here on the boards, I'll try and look for it.

Hasn't Arnold said that he thinks that Sergio is the greatest bodybuilder ever?  ???

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: December 16, 2006, 07:51:34 PM »

Well I wouldn't have claimed this if I didn't believe that Arnold had said it- I honestly thuoght it was posted here on the boards, I'll try and look for it.

Hasn't Arnold said that he thinks that Sergio is the greatest bodybuilder ever?  ???

He said Flex was !

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #210 on: December 16, 2006, 07:52:02 PM »
He said Flex was !

Are you telling me I'm wrong about this too? ???

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: December 16, 2006, 07:55:22 PM »

Are you telling me I'm wrong about this too? ???

I'm telling you Arnold said this about Flex Wheeler especially after his 1993 Arnold Classic win but at the time they competed he said Sergio was the best.

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #212 on: December 16, 2006, 09:05:33 PM »
I'm telling you Arnold said this about Flex Wheeler especially after his 1993 Arnold Classic win but at the time they competed he said Sergio was the best.

Oh ok. Well the net effect is still the same then- he stated that he thought Sergio was better than him.

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #213 on: December 16, 2006, 09:14:48 PM »
Sergio isn't black?
TEAM REPTILIAN

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #214 on: December 16, 2006, 09:37:10 PM »

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #215 on: December 16, 2006, 09:40:51 PM »
he is Cuban.

That's his nationality/culture.
TEAM REPTILIAN

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #216 on: December 16, 2006, 10:54:10 PM »
That's his nationality/culture.

yeah, no kidding. There are dark-skinned hispanics.

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #217 on: December 16, 2006, 11:04:28 PM »
He has plenty of African blood.
TEAM REPTILIAN

Bast175

« Reply #218 on: December 16, 2006, 11:05:24 PM »
what happened to his elbows?  they look twice the size of a human's.

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #219 on: December 16, 2006, 11:37:00 PM »
'African' isn't a genetic group.

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #220 on: December 16, 2006, 11:47:05 PM »
'African' isn't a genetic group.

Oh please, you know what I'm talking about.

Negro blood. Serge is black.
TEAM REPTILIAN

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #221 on: December 16, 2006, 11:52:02 PM »
Oh please, you know what I'm talking about.

Negro blood. Serge is black.

Serge is, but Sergio isn't.

You're not either white or black.

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #222 on: December 16, 2006, 11:54:56 PM »

Serge is, but Sergio isn't.

You're not either white or black.

That's semantics.

Most people would call him a black guy.
TEAM REPTILIAN

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #223 on: December 16, 2006, 11:56:06 PM »
That's semantics.

Most people would call him a black guy.

So what? Just because most people think that, does that make it true?

Most people thought the Earth was at the centre of the universe, for quite some time.

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #224 on: December 16, 2006, 11:56:33 PM »

So what? Just because most people think that, does that make it true?

Most people thought the Earth was at the centre of the universe, for quite some time.

Yes, he's black.  ::)
TEAM REPTILIAN