Author Topic: Pa. Soldier Who Jumped on Grenade to Receive Posthumous Medal of Honor  (Read 8376 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Ill see your  ::) and raise you a  ::)

with that logic the ppl who didnt donate are indifferent to the war?

Good point.  Also, there is no way to determine whether those campaign contributions were because of Ron Paul's anti-war stance.  Could just as easily have been because he is a veteran. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

We're not talking about a lot of money either way. 

I can assure you that MOST servicemembers did not contribute a dime to any political campaign. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

I can assure you that MOST servicemembers did not contribute a dime to any political campaign. 

Another good point. 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Good point.  Also, there is no way to determine whether those campaign contributions were because of Ron Paul's anti-war stance.  Could just as easily have been because he is a veteran. 

McCain?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I don't know the % - there was a big big thread here on it.  Ron Paul destroyed all other candidates in terms of $ received from soldier donations - a big indicator that they would like to get the guy elected who said "I'll bring home all these troops immediately".

People here can argue "most troops would rather finish the mission than come home", but their money says otherwise.
that proves nothing, you should do some research into research methods and see the unsubstantiated conclusion youve come up with.

perhaps the people who dont want to be there would donate money to the person they thought would bring them home, and those who would rather stay and finish up dont donate to anybody b/c they pretty much know there not gonna get pulled out anytime soon so why not save money.

Just b/c the majority of troop donations went to ron paul doesnt mean that the majority of the troops feel the way the youtube guy does. not trying to be rude i know that may not make sense so ill draw you a diagram if you want

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V

Over $200,000 to one candidate from ACTIVE servicemen and women and that doesnt include donations UNDER 200 dollars because no one tracks those numbers.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
that proves nothing, you should do some research into research methods and see the unsubstantiated conclusion youve come up with.

perhaps the people who dont want to be there would donate money to the person they thought would bring them home, and those who would rather stay and finish up dont donate to anybody b/c they pretty much know there not gonna get pulled out anytime soon so why not save money.

Just b/c the majority of troop donations went to ron paul doesnt mean that the majority of the troops feel the way the youtube guy does. ill draw you a diagram if you want

Lets face it , we can come out and say, ALL troops want to leave Iraq, show you charts, graphs, personal opinions and you'd still argue the opposite, whats the point?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Lets face it , we can come out and say, ALL troops want to leave Iraq, show you charts, graphs, personal opinions and you'd still argue the opposite, whats the point?
and we could do the same and youd still argue the opposite, so your right ill agree to disagree if you want.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Over $200,000 to one candidate from ACTIVE servicemen and women and that doesnt include donations UNDER 200 dollars because no one tracks those numbers.

I reckon it's possible that a thousand O-4s and above might've been big contributors. 

War-Horse

• Getbig V
The guys are tired and want to come home.  They are not allowed to say it publically,(Low for morale) but we see it when their mission is over, and by the support of ron paul over a war monger like bush3......

The military is scraping the bottom of the barrel by relaxing standards to take existing felons and making homos stay in service.

ALL evidence points to the conclusion of we're done.   NO evidence points to the opposite.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Its Memorial day....thats why some of u worthless pieces of shit have the day off...remember that. 4 pages of BS about the war and whining from the lib windbags on the board. This kid is a hero. He saved his buddies..he's better then u, he's buddies are better then u....when ur balls drop feel free to enlist or do something for ur country besides whine like women.
L

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
Its Memorial day....thats why some of u worthless pieces of shit have the day off...remember that. 4 pages of BS about the war and whining from the lib windbags on the board. This kid is a hero. He saved his buddies..he's better then u, he's buddies are better then u....when ur balls drop feel free to enlist or do something for ur country besides whine like women.
True, Pray for the troops, i care more about the troops then the U.S government.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Dude..again 2 tours...waitiing for number 3,4.5,6 etc..don't really care how many. I'm active duty douchebag. I guess it really hits home to u wussbags..how evil and worthless ur comments are.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

lol.  I like it.  This man speaks the truth.   :)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V

so you have no problem going back to iraq to die for George W Bush ?

NT

For an ACTIVE duty military guy HH6 sure has a lot of time to dick around on these boards. He also claims to know more about the war than those people working in the CIA.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V

I cannot and will not endorse or condone the 2nd-degree murder (depraved indifference) of the young men and women who have signed up to serve and protect their country, NOT THE SPECIAL INTERESTS who profit from the Bush II Presidency.  

This young man could've done so much more with the life that was STOLEN from him.  

This is not something I can smile and cheer about.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
For an ACTIVE duty military guy HH6 sure has a lot of time to dick around on these boards. He also claims to know more about the war than those people working in the CIA.

People on the ground do know more than the suits at Langley.

What HH6 *doesn't* know, however, is the motivation behind Bush's War. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
when ur balls drop feel free to enlist or do something for ur country besides whine like women.

I think you're being a little hard on Beach Bum there, HH6.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
What HH6 *doesn't* know, however, is the motivation behind Bush's War. 

HH6 is an honest and well-informed guy.  He's made it clear in the past that he agrees the war is about resources - oil and base positioning.  He can correct me if I'm wrong.  But yeah, he's been very open about it.  

From what I can deduce from his posts, he feels it's an honorable thing to serve, because the troops do keep us free, and they do help us to maintain our standard of living.  HH6 can correct me if I"m wrong here.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
HH6 is an honest and well-informed guy.  He's made it clear in the past that he agrees the war is about resources - oil and base positioning.  He can correct me if I'm wrong.  But yeah, he's been very open about it.  

From what I can deduce from his posts, he feels it's an honorable thing to serve, because the troops do keep us free, and they do help us to maintain our standard of living.  HH6 can correct me if I"m wrong here.

Are you saying that if we didn't go to Iraq we wouldnt be free and our standard of living would be worse than it is now?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Are you saying that if we didn't go to Iraq we wouldnt be free and our standard of living would be worse than it is now?

We woudln't be as low TODAY.  But in the span of the next 40 years, I do believe we'll be stronger because of the war.  Why?  Because when Saddam dropped the dollar in 2003, many other nations were thinking about it too.  We JDAM'd his nation for it.  Other nations decided to keep the dollar peg around.  Of course, Iran just dropped it.  So they're next on the pinkmist list.

The minute the dolalr is de-pegged, shit gets really ugly here and everything gets about ten times more expensive.  We don't want that. 

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
I cannot and will not endorse or condone the 2nd-degree murder (depraved indifference) of the young men and women who have signed up to serve and protect their country, NOT THE SPECIAL INTERESTS who profit from the Bush II Presidency.  

This young man could've done so much more with the life that was STOLEN from him.  

This is not something I can smile and cheer about.

Tre, those of us who are/were military aren't talking about the war when discussing this brave man. We're talking about something totally different.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
We woudln't be as low TODAY.  But in the span of the next 40 years, I do believe we'll be stronger because of the war.  Why?  Because when Saddam dropped the dollar in 2003, many other nations were thinking about it too.  We JDAM'd his nation for it.  Other nations decided to keep the dollar peg around.  Of course, Iran just dropped it.  So they're next on the pinkmist list.

The minute the dolalr is de-pegged, shit gets really ugly here and everything gets about ten times more expensive.  We don't want that. 

I disagree but what about the issue of freedom, you think that if we didn't go to Iraq we would be less free?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Tre, those of us who are/were military aren't talking about the war when discussing this brave man. We're talking about something totally different.

Correct.  This hero volunteered to serve.  He then did what heroes do and protected his fellow soldiers.  He died serving his country and gave his life for his comrades.  Has nothing to do with people's objections to the war.    

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
Correct.  This hero volunteered to serve.  He then did what heroes do and protected his fellow soldiers.  He died serving his country and gave his life for his comrades.  Has nothing to do with people's objections to the war.    

Your flag sucking brings a tear to my eye.