Author Topic: Presidential Candidates 2016: 10 Democrats Who Might Be the Next Nominee  (Read 111733 times)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: Presidential Candidates 2016: 10 Democrats Who Might Be the Next Nominee
« Reply #450 on: October 15, 2015, 06:54:19 PM »
What any candidate will do in office.   

You can see what a sorry state of affairs this whole mess is.  What a disaster with these candidates.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #451 on: October 15, 2015, 06:56:08 PM »
You can see what a sorry state of affairs this whole mess is.  What a disaster with these candidates.

Par for the course.  We routinely fail to put our best and brightest in office.  It's such a dirty business. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #452 on: October 15, 2015, 06:57:44 PM »
Par for the course.  We routinely fail to put our best and brightest in office.  It's such a dirty business. 

But you must admit that Carson needs to nail it down or gtfo.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #453 on: October 15, 2015, 07:01:02 PM »
But you must admit that Carson needs to nail it down or gtfo.

You can say that about everyone running for office.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #454 on: October 15, 2015, 07:03:46 PM »

Dude, you're really deep in the bucket for the Repubs....you're defending the undefensible

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #455 on: October 15, 2015, 07:04:47 PM »
Dude, you're really deep in the bucket for the Repubs....you're defending the undefensible

What you talkin bout Willis?  What am I defending?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #456 on: October 15, 2015, 07:06:19 PM »

I think Carson steps it up, to where we don't even have a general idea of what he stands for.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #457 on: October 15, 2015, 07:08:15 PM »
I think Carson steps it up, to where we don't even have a general idea of what he stands for.

I'm pretty sure you can go to every candidate's website and get at least a general idea of what they stand for. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #458 on: October 15, 2015, 07:10:31 PM »
I'm pretty sure you can go to every candidate's website and get at least a general idea of what they stand for. 

Carson is clueless and you know it

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #459 on: October 15, 2015, 07:14:57 PM »
Has Carson gotten into plagiarism, by any chance?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #460 on: October 15, 2015, 07:21:35 PM »
Carson is clueless and you know it

I wouldn't call one of the most successful brain surgeons in world history clueless at all. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #461 on: October 15, 2015, 07:25:21 PM »
I wouldn't call one of the most successful brain surgeons in world history clueless at all. 

He has more gaffes than trump...he makes no sense

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #462 on: October 15, 2015, 07:28:21 PM »

Which one has been his worst?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #463 on: October 15, 2015, 07:31:24 PM »

lol.  Ok. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #464 on: October 15, 2015, 07:35:24 PM »
To be fair to Carson, I've been looking at that and haven't seen anything too terrible.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #465 on: October 15, 2015, 07:43:33 PM »
He needs to learn how to answer the trick questions, but haven't seen any big problems.

There's been a few slams (nh) on gays that he should have known better than to ramble about.

As to not knowing shit about shit, I really don't think he's much different than many of the other candidates.  But he's the one getting exposed for it, for whatever reason.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #466 on: October 15, 2015, 07:47:50 PM »
He needs to learn how to answer the trick questions, but haven't seen any big problems.

There's been a few slams (nh) on gays that he should have known better than to ramble about.

As to not knowing shit about shit, I really don't think he's much different than many of the other candidates.  But he's the one getting exposed for it, for whatever reason.

I agree he definitely needs to learn how to avoid the setup/gotcha questions.  I don't fault him for stumbling on those, because he is not a politician.  He'll learn the game.  It's sad candidates have to worry about those kinds of things. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #467 on: October 15, 2015, 07:48:57 PM »
I agree he definitely needs to learn how to avoid the setup/gotcha questions.  I don't fault him for stumbling on those, because he is not a politician.  He'll learn the game.  It's sad candidates have to worry about those kinds of things. 

He needs to have someone train him to do that.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #468 on: October 15, 2015, 07:50:24 PM »
He is a little short in the common sense department, though...

That will probably be his downfall.  So we'll never know if he would have been a good leader.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #469 on: October 15, 2015, 08:34:39 PM »
Carson is a liar.  The baltimore PD has no report of that robbery.   Only a psychopath would lie about being a vegetarian hero who wimps out in a popeyes chicken robbery.

someone wrong with carson.   

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #470 on: October 16, 2015, 07:35:00 AM »
Which one has been his worst?

certainly his very first gaffe raised eyebrows.....his assertion that being gay is a choice and citing the "fact" that men engage in sex in prison and come out as homosexuals....NOT TRUE

The fact is that YES, men do engage in sex in prison but its due to the absence of females...they then turn to each other 1, basically out of desperation (since the sexual desire and need to get off sexally is strong) and 2, because it has to do with POWER and forcing yourself on another inmate is seen as asserting your will and dominance over him.....and when tyhese men come out of prison they miost often go back to having sex with females again.....the ones who DO come out and continue the gay lifestyle were usually gay already to begin with

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #471 on: October 16, 2015, 08:45:51 AM »
Carson is a liar.  The baltimore PD has no report of that robbery.   Only a psychopath would lie about being a vegetarian hero who wimps out in a popeyes chicken robbery.

someone wrong with carson.   

Ironic that you, a compulsive liar, would challenge anyone's integrity. 

You said this:

I admire his service, but bragging about grenading a man in war?  That's just stupid and immature and childish.

webb bragged about killing someone with a grenade.

You also claimed Beck spent ten minutes talking about Webb throwing a grenade at the enemy:

Glen Beck show did what must have been a ten minute mocking of it.  "Grenading a man" lol... they went on and on.

Turns out the enemy threw a grenade at Webb and that's how he earned one of his Purple Hearts:

So, we know you absolutely lied about Beck spending ten minutes talking about Webb "grenading a man," when that's not even factually what was said. 

Tell the truth. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #472 on: October 16, 2015, 08:46:52 AM »
certainly his very first gaffe raised eyebrows.....his assertion that being gay is a choice and citing the "fact" that men engage in sex in prison and come out as homosexuals....NOT TRUE

The fact is that YES, men do engage in sex in prison but its due to the absence of females...they then turn to each other 1, basically out of desperation (since the sexual desire and need to get off sexally is strong) and 2, because it has to do with POWER and forcing yourself on another inmate is seen as asserting your will and dominance over him.....and when tyhese men come out of prison they miost often go back to having sex with females again.....the ones who DO come out and continue the gay lifestyle were usually gay already to begin with

It's hardly a gaffe to say homosexuality is a choice.  It is. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #473 on: October 16, 2015, 08:54:00 AM »
People are criticizing my dad, Jim Webb, for killing a man. Here’s what they’re missing.
By Jim Webb October 15, 2015

Jim Webb (L) and Jim R. Webb (R) on assignment for Parade magazine together in 2004 in Afghanistan. (Photo courtesy Jim R. Webb)

If you watched the Democratic presidential debate on Tuesday night, you probably heard the closing comment by my father, Jim Webb. Without hesitation he answered that the enemy he was ‘most proud of’ was the Vietnamese soldier who wounded him with a hand grenade. He then added that “…he isn’t around anymore.”

While there were those in the media and around the country who were a bit stunned, and perhaps even put off by this answer, my fellow veterans and I were not. If anything, his blunt (and perhaps a bit brutal) honesty was much appreciated, and further endeared him to us as a candidate. We veterans are also more likely to have a fuller picture of my father’s record.  He’s the man who gave us the post-9/11 GI Bill. We also know him as a highly decorated combat veteran who earned the Navy Cross for the entire episode surrounding that grenade, not just the snippet that has been focused on.

During the first Democratic debate on CNN, candidates were asked to name an enemy made during their politics careers. Former Virginia senator Jim Webb chose a soldier whom he killed in Vietnam. (CNN)

As a Marine infantryman myself, I have experienced the complex emotions of combat. On the one hand you may not even see the face of an individual who fires a round so close to your head that your ears ring, or blows up the improvised explosive device next to your vehicle that potentially kills or maims your friends. On the other, there’s an intensely personal reaction. After all, this isn’t a person who is besting you in a debate about gun control, or some other social policy, over a beer.  This is a person whose intent is to end your life, and that is as clear cut an enemy as you can think of.  Additionally, many, if not most, of the veterans I have talked to have read the Navy Cross citation that chronicles the incident surrounding my father. For those unfamiliar, it states:

….Observing the grenade land dangerously close to his companion, First Lieutenant Webb simultaneously fired his weapon at the enemy, pushed the Marine away from the grenade, and shielded him from the explosion with his own body.….

We who know the complexities of combat understand the character displayed in the above sentence.  When put into the proper context, it is clearly far more than the sound bite being dissected by political pundits.

In fact, seeing the reaction to my father’s story in recent days has highlighted for me the almost stunning level of ignorance that the general public has about war. CNN introduced him as a “war hero,” and yet people were surprised and even uncomfortable when they were given a glimpse of what that might have entailed.

Yes, the man who threw the grenade isn’t around anymore, but more importantly the man who my Father shielded with his own body lived to see another day. As a Marine and as a leader, that is the important part. To me and many other veterans, we have a sea of presidential candidates who seemingly have only personal interests in mind.  Yet, here is a leader who has not only endured war, but demonstrated that he is willing to sacrifice his life for his people. Is that really something to be sneered at?

This country has been at war for almost 15 years, and as I think about the ridicule leveled at my father in the past 24 hours, I can’t help but imagine what these same people must think about the service of my own generation. In their eyes, did we simply spend some kind of twisted ‘semester abroad’ in a place with plenty of sand, but no ocean? Or conversely, do they ignorantly dismiss our experiences, as they have my father, as those of cold callous killers?

Jim Webb served as a Marine infantryman from 2005-2010. He currently lives and works in Baltimore, Maryland.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2015/10/15/people-are-criticizing-my-dad-jim-webb-for-killing-a-man-heres-what-theyre-missing/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #474 on: October 16, 2015, 08:56:32 AM »
People are criticizing my dad, Jim Webb, for killing a man. Here’s what they’re missing.

but you said nobody is talking about it.

now you see brietbart, beck, fox, national report, huffpo, and even webbs own son, ARE talking about it.

why would you claim something that is so obviously not true?  You said nobody was talking about it - EVERYONE is talking about it.