Author Topic: Vince Gironda Diet question?  (Read 21785 times)

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
Vince Gironda Diet question?
« on: March 17, 2015, 05:45:06 PM »
Vince was big into the red meat and egg diet and zero carbs, but did he give cAlorie requirements? I noticed all sorts if posts if people talking about doing 5000 cals of meat and cream and getting ripped. How the fuck is that possible?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Vince Gironda Diet question?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 05:49:18 PM »
Vince was big into the red meat and egg diet and zero carbs, but did he give cAlorie requirements? I noticed all sorts if posts if people talking about doing 5000 cals of meat and cream and getting ripped. How the fuck is that possible?
???

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 05:53:06 PM »

It's not possible.  If it is excess it will be turned into fat.  Entirety of human evolution was to take advantage of caloric excess.  It is why we are so efficient at producing fatties now.

Here is an example.  A friend of mine had an avocado tree in her backyard. The avocados used to get ripe and fall and her dogs would eat them.  Both dogs got fat as shit.  Vegetable fats and dogs, but even then, they STILL GOT FAT.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 05:55:26 PM »
Thermodynamics don't apply to full cream and meat
Y

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 05:55:45 PM »
It's not possible.  If it is excess it will be turned into fat.  Entirety of human evolution was to take advantage of caloric excess.  It is why we are so efficient at producing fatties now.

Here is an example.  A friend of mine had an avocado tree in her backyard. The avocados used to get ripe and fall and her dogs would eat them.  Both dogs got fat as shit.  Vegetable fats and dogs, but even then, they STILL GOT FAT.

So then how do all these rumors get started? Just meat and unlimited cream and people sayin they get ripped. Cream is so delicious i can down 2000 kcals of it one sitting. Do these stories come from people who cant eat much?

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 06:10:02 PM »

His aerobic was fast & long bike riding  ;)
read his book

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 06:15:04 PM »
His principles included red meat, drags curls, and protein straight from the tap

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 06:19:00 PM »
What kind of "cream" are we talking about here?

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 06:23:43 PM »
His aerobic was fast & long bike riding  ;)
read his book

Yet he had clients eat with no calorie limit?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 06:27:26 PM »
It's not possible.  If it is excess it will be turned into fat.  Entirety of human evolution was to take advantage of caloric excess.  It is why we are so efficient at producing fatties now.

Here is an example.  A friend of mine had an avocado tree in her backyard. The avocados used to get ripe and fall and her dogs would eat them.  Both dogs got fat as shit.  Vegetable fats and dogs, but even then, they STILL GOT FAT.

Erik C claims you can eat 10,000+ calories but as long as it's 70% Fat / 30% protein ratio, you won't get fat.
Y

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2015, 06:32:29 PM »
He had three or 4 different diets for bulking,  cutting and maintenence.  He also did detox. It's in his wild physique book.
S

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2015, 06:32:46 PM »
Yet he had clients eat with no calorie limit?

On 'Big Wednesday' film DVD in extras, John Milius talk how Gironda trained boys 4 surfing roles ,very interesting.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2015, 06:59:35 PM »
He DID restrict calories. When he trained Mohamed Makkawy he did variations of eggs and streak but as the show got closer he ate nothing but salad and chicken breast.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2015, 07:03:56 PM »
Erik C claims you can eat 10,000+ calories but as long as it's 70% Fat / 30% protein ratio, you won't get fat.

Hope nobody is dumb enough to believe that shit....
?

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2015, 07:15:06 PM »
Hope nobody is dumb enough to believe that shit....

Exactly, people say a lot of shit.  Cybergenics said you'd gain many pounds of lean muscle by following their program.  It was bullshit and worse bullshit you paid for.  Buuuuut, it is very easy to test.  Try it out for 3 weeks and see.  What is the worse that could happen?  You gain about 5-6 lbs of fat.

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2015, 07:20:04 PM »
He DID restrict calories. When he trained Mohamed Makkawy he did variations of eggs and streak but as the show got closer he ate nothing but salad and chicken breast.

Well that little bastard got ripped as hell so must have worked !!

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2015, 08:57:55 PM »
Thong Maniac: You're not going to stop eating carbs anyway, so why do you care? This is what, the fifth time you're posting about an extremely low carb diet, and you still haven't stopped eating carbs. Either cut the carbs out of your diet, and lose your blubber, or don't, but stop asking the same stupid question over and over.

Someone else posted that Avocados made dogs fat. Yes, Avocados are fruit, and therefore carbs, that no one should be eating on an extremely low carb diet, so yes they make you fat. Animals, bears, deer all eat fruit, carbs, in the autumn, to get fat for winter. You want to get fat, then eat carbs. Works every time.

TestDummy

• Getbig IV
  • 5%
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2015, 09:03:51 PM »

I don't know why I can't stop laughing about this.....

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2015, 09:28:04 PM »
Bitch to get a good pump without the right carbs...

not to mention being monitored all the time by someone who was just as one-sighted as Mentzer

Mad respect for both, but there are several means to an end. Unlimited.

You gotta have your carbs. You have to be educated about metabolism to even begin to calculate a number for caloric expenditure

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2015, 09:32:54 PM »

These two look like a couple of Sandusky sympathizers

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2015, 09:46:10 PM »
I don't know why I can't stop laughing about this.....

It was very funny.  Those dogs were fat.  And they were big dogs too, like Labs, not some little weenie dogs.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2015, 09:47:49 PM »

These two look like a couple of Sandusky sympathizers

Gironda looks like a wee little man there.  Leprechaunish for St. Patrick's Day?

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2015, 09:49:38 PM »
Calories in/calories out is nonsense. A complete misapplication of the Laws of Thermodynamics to nutrition.

http://davidgillespie.org/why-the-first-law-of-thermodynamics-has-no-place-in-human-nutrition/

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2015, 11:38:05 PM »
Calories in/calories out is nonsense. A complete misapplication of the Laws of Thermodynamics to nutrition.

http://davidgillespie.org/why-the-first-law-of-thermodynamics-has-no-place-in-human-nutrition/

Junkbroscience.  Did you even read that tripe?  I'll stick with the example of concentration camps.  No one came out fat.  Or a better modern day example, the show Survivor.  Restricted calories equal weight loss.  Everything else is tinkering.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2015, 11:44:47 PM »
Joe: Do you have my diet ready?

Rory: Yes. All protein. no carbs, cheat day on Sunday

Joe: all protein?

Rory: yes. Chicken. Meat, cheese, bacon, eggs, etc. just no carbs.

What I ate...

1- 4-6 eggs w/ground beef

2- 1 pound of ground beef w/ catsup

3- more eggs and maybe some chicken

4- tuna salad w/mayo (if I went to a restaurant I got 2-3 scoops)

5- more red meat.

If I got hungry ( and I was all the time) find some protein. Bacon, cheese or whatever. If it didn't have carbs, eat it.

End result was I got shredded. No mention of calories...ever. Laws of thermodynamics.