Author Topic: Vince Gironda Diet question?  (Read 21779 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: Vince Gironda Diet question?
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2015, 10:32:12 AM »
Fixed!

Calories in/Calories out isn't scientific. It's just a misapplication of a science principle, to where it doesn't belong. Posting this again for those who don't read the whole thread before they post:

http://davidgillespie.org/why-the-first-law-of-thermodynamics-has-no-place-in-human-nutrition/

Got to say.. in regards to the exercise part, which was two lines.. your body emulsifies fat like a burning furnace...only if you do it regular. This is the key, regular training. I know Athletes who eat like horses to fuel their training but never get fat. Why? regular running... The Human body was made to walk long distance.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2015, 03:08:34 PM »
Fixed!

Calories in/Calories out isn't scientific. It's just a misapplication of a science principle, to where it doesn't belong. Posting this again for those who don't read the whole thread before they post:

http://davidgillespie.org/why-the-first-law-of-thermodynamics-has-no-place-in-human-nutrition/

So we can use other dumb people to support our dumb ideas and suddenly that makes it correct? Going to have to use that technique sometime.

Only read a little bit of that but the very fact that he says that it is pushed calories in/calories out to misinform everyone shows his nonsense. That is actually not pushed as much as all the fake fad diets nowadays (including low carb, etc.). It's the complete opposite actually. People want no accountability and would love to be told eat as much as you want and as long as it is protein/fat you won't gain an ounce of fat, etc. Sounds like you are the one doing the pushing....

Starting to think you are somebody's gimmick just to rile people up with the complete and utter impossibilities you've been posting.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2015, 03:18:08 PM »
Only read a little bit of that but

Right, but you're not dumb.

I'm not pushing anything. Don't care what others do. In fact, I only posted on threads where the OP was asking specifically about how to do low carb diets. Why would you respond to those threads,(such as this thread), when you don't even like the idea of any extremely low carb diet? Seems you are the one whose cage is being rattled, any time someone mentions low carb. Get that checked.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2015, 03:28:08 PM »
Thank you for acknowledging that and not acknowledging the point made about that article.

Also, my main issue with you is that you promote eating unlimited amounts of food and not gaining fat as long as protein/fat which is a straight out falsity. OP questioned this in opening statement in general. I actually have nothing against low carb and have stated this. Did I like it for me? Nope but some love it and that is fine but don't want them to be deluded into thinking what you state about calories and from the looks of this thread and the last few you have posted in people are realizing the issues with your "theory".

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2015, 03:40:39 PM »
Thank you for acknowledging that and not acknowledging the point made about that article.

You didn't make any point about the article, because you didn't read it, to be able to comment on it intelligently! So I acknowledged that you posted something dumb.

The OP is a bodybuilder. To Get Big, you have to Eat Big. I wasn't advising the average Weight Watchers type dieter.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2015, 04:28:06 PM »
Low-carb diets have got it all wrong?

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/low-carb-diets

What's the truth about T3 and testosterone on low-carb?

We're PN certified. It's a good cert.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2015, 06:03:07 PM »
You assume it was written by him.

THE BEEF

Well I'm not assuming you know anything about him so we're even.  :D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2015, 06:27:34 PM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2015, 06:36:26 PM »
something youre doing for motivation
I recall you complaing you couldnt lose weight?

Me? Lol

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2015, 07:03:35 PM »

It's good but it's no CSN MFT.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2015, 07:13:17 PM »
Me? Lol

weren't you complaining the the thread about Alex A that you couldn't lose weight?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2015, 07:34:53 PM »
weren't you complaining the the thread about Alex A that you couldn't lose weight?

Mmm, not that can recall.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2015, 07:43:46 PM »

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2015, 07:52:39 PM »
Try it if you think it is going to work, whatever it is, low carb, hi fat whatever.  You will know within a month whether it works.  Simple.  Franco said, if it works it works, no matter what anyone says.  If you can't try something for a month and tell if it is working then you got bigger problems.

All these gurus and people with theories are trying to sell you something.  When it doesn't work, they'll come up with some bullshit excuse or claim you didn't follow their instructions.  Ask for a 100 percent money back guarantee.  Anyone willing to give this might be on the level.

Tape measure yourself.  Weigh yourself.  Look at yourself in the mirror.

Rammstein

• Getbig III
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2015, 08:29:31 PM »

Does that mean you agree with PN on the hormonal issue?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2015, 08:39:02 PM »
Does that mean you agree with PN on the hormonal issue?

Honesty it's been so long since I've taken it I would have to go back over it. I forgot what was even said.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2015, 09:06:48 PM »
Mmm, not that can recall.

dude

memory much?

I couldn't agree with you more. Even though I think I'm in decent shape at my weight (last BF test was about 45 days ago at 15.6% 232) and conditioning isn't bad I'm carrying way too much BW not just for my height but my age. The last time I was down in the 190's was the Excalbur in 07'. If I could hit 195-200 I think I should be good. If that doesnt work...off to the doc for some testing.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2015, 09:22:25 PM »
dude

memory much?

So where in that does it say I couldn't lose weight? And if you remeber my posts better than I do then I take up more real estate in your head than I thought. Besides. I've seen your pics. You're not even in my universe.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2015, 09:59:22 PM »
So where in that does it say I couldn't lose weight? And if you remeber my posts better than I do then I take up more real estate in your head than I thought. Besides. I've seen your pics. You're not even in my universe.

this was 1/27/15.

not that difficult to 'remember'.

I don't know how you could have seen a picture of me but if you think you have one or a link to one then you have my permission to post it

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2015, 10:02:59 PM »
this was 1/27/15.

not that difficult to 'remember'.

I don't know how you could have seen a picture of me but if you think you have one or a link to one then you have my permission to post it

Again, where does it say I couldn't lose weight? I don't make remembering posts from almost two months ago a priority. Try again. Also, archer said you'd deny it was you.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2015, 10:09:57 PM »
Again, where does it say I couldn't lose weight? I don't make remembering posts from almost two months ago a priority. Try again. Also, archer said you'd deny it was you.

I don't know archer or anyone else who posts here

you have my permission to post any picture or link to a picture you believe is me

have at it

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2015, 10:41:31 PM »
Clarence Bass meals:

Morning snack: 1 banana

Breakfast:

Cereal (hot or cold)
1 cup cooked whole oat groats
1 tablespoon raisins
1 tablespoon of protein powder
3 tablespoons rolled oats
1 tablespoon bran
1 cup grade A raw milk
1 sliced banana

Lunch:

Peanut butter sandwich
1 cup plain yogurt
1 raw carrot
1 banana

Mid-afternoon snack: 2 apples

Dinner:

Whole grain  rice & beans (1 cup rice,1/2 cup beans)
1 diced carrot
1 diced pear
1 cup plain yogurt
2 slices whole wheat toast

Evening snack:

1 cup grade A raw milk
2 tablespoons protein powder
1 apple

Copied from C.Bass 'Ripped 2'

:)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2015, 11:59:12 PM »
I don't know archer or anyone else who posts here

you have my permission to post any picture or link to a picture you believe is me

have at it

You can't even answer my question and no. archer ready did that, I have couldn't careless. But you're the one who likes talk shit about my son. Like I said. You have a serious screw loose.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #99 on: March 20, 2015, 06:06:49 AM »
You can't even answer my question and no. archer ready did that, I have couldn't careless. But you're the one who likes talk shit about my son. Like I said. You have a serious screw loose.

Everyone can see your post where you talk about your difficulty in losing weight.
I don't know why you would have a problem with your own words.

Archer doesn't know me and I don't know him.
If you think he posted pictures of me then you have my permission to re-post them here.