Author Topic: best front lat spread of all time  (Read 140119 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: best front lat spread of all time
« Reply #525 on: August 29, 2009, 05:36:08 AM »

Too bad for you he cites the pics as his source, not his visual memory.

"(there was a contender for best-ever that I saw offstage: those crazy photos of sock-footed Dorian Yates taken seven weeks before the 1993 Mr. Olympia) " Peter Mc Gough.

Idiot.

Flex magazine August 1997

Peter McGough on the famous Kevin Horton precontest black & whites of Dorian at 269lbs

I was present when those shots were taken and it was the most stunning unveiling of a physique these peepers had seen since my intial view of SERGIO OLIVA at the 1971 NABBA Mr Universe. that day , Dorian's physique blew my - if not his own -socks off.

Opppsssss he was there  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #526 on: August 29, 2009, 05:43:48 AM »
;)

Peter McGough - Flex, August 2005

"Ronnie sporting that [01 ASC] look would, in my opinion, be unbeatable."

funny how he saw both in person and thought Ronnie was better, yet watching a video made him doubt himself.

First, I didn't disagree with Peter McGough's claim that Ronnie was never harder or drier than Dorian.

again your quote

I'm sorry but Peter McGough is an idiot if he thinks 01 ASC Ronnie never surpassed Dorian's conditioning.

Boommmmmmm  ;D McGough is right when you want him to be

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #527 on: August 29, 2009, 06:32:22 AM »
Too bad he didn't think so when he was there. He had to see the video 14 years later.
Oh, and I don't think he was there when Horton took those socks pics.
Thanks for trying.

Don't feel bad, at least you were right on one account.

"I was present at the shoot, which took place in Birmingham, England, at Dorian's fabled Temple Gym--a subterranean sweat mill that makes the Count of Monte Cristo's dungeon look like Martha Stewart's living room. It was July 20, and after a year in Los Angeles, I had returned to my homeland as a stop-off on my way to the 1993 World Games starting a few days later in Den Haag, Holland."

I replied, "You could go on the Olympia stage as you are now, untanned and in your skivvies and socks, and just walk away with the title."

Seven weeks later, he was such an unstoppable force at the 1993 Mr. Olympia that 1983 Mr. O Samir Bannout declared, "Dorian was first, second and third."

Better head back to the batting cage son, you're not ready for the big leagues.  Thanks for playing. lol

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #528 on: August 29, 2009, 06:36:41 AM »
Don't feel bad, at least you were right on one account.

"I was present at the shoot, which took place in Birmingham, England, at Dorian's fabled Temple Gym--a subterranean sweat mill that makes the Count of Monte Cristo's dungeon look like Martha Stewart's living room. It was July 20, and after a year in Los Angeles, I had returned to my homeland as a stop-off on my way to the 1993 World Games starting a few days later in Den Haag, Holland."

I replied, "You could go on the Olympia stage as you are now, untanned and in your skivvies and socks, and just walk away with the title."

Seven weeks later, he was such an unstoppable force at the 1993 Mr. Olympia that 1983 Mr. O Samir Bannout declared, "Dorian was first, second and third."

Better head back to the batting cage son, you're not ready for the big leagues.  Thanks for playing. lol

Ouch he better start licking his wounds lol

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #529 on: August 29, 2009, 07:05:39 AM »
its so sad how the nuthuggers entire argument centers on the opinion of a (good friend of dorian and fellow countryman) Peter McGough when all the visuals disprove many of the man's opinions..

I still love his comment about how a precontest yates was "harder than ronnie EVER was"

or that "98 was softer than 99" LOL

reality check buddy: ::)

this limey is full of priceless gems LOL
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #530 on: August 29, 2009, 07:13:34 AM »
its so sad how the nuthuggers entire argument centers on the opinion of a (good friend of dorian and fellow countryman) Peter McGough when all the visuals disprove many of the man's opinions..

I still love his comment about how a precontest yates was "harder than ronnie EVER was"

or that "98 was softer than 99" LOL

reality check buddy: ::)

this limey is full of priceless gems LOL

You're acting like he's the only who claimed Dorian was better conditioned , Dorian's said on multiple occasions and Dorian's conditioning is still hailed to this day , who brags about Ronnie's conditioning being the best ever?  ??? internet people?  ;D

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #531 on: August 29, 2009, 12:56:37 PM »
Dorians condition is still hailed to this day just like Ronnie being the best is still hailed.

Hope this helps

Ronnie 8
Dorian 6

And Dorian said Ronnie would win!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #532 on: August 29, 2009, 01:03:14 PM »
Dorians condition is still hailed to this day just like Ronnie being the best is still hailed.

Hope this helps

Ronnie 8
Dorian 6

And Dorian said I guess I don't know.

Ronnie's wins over Dorian 0
Dorian's wins over Ronnie 8

Dorian win/loss ratio 88%
Ronnie's 40%

hope this helps

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #533 on: August 29, 2009, 01:07:24 PM »
how many o's ronnie have?

dorian?

hope this helps

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #534 on: August 29, 2009, 01:10:16 PM »

dorian?

hope this helps

It won't, ND's math skillz need work.

Having to resort to the non-contest and now infamous "black sox shots" speaks volumes. :-*

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #535 on: August 29, 2009, 01:12:11 PM »

dorian?

hope this helps

You think that means something how many of the O's did he beat Dorian? NONE

how many of the O's would he have if Dorian never got hurt? according to Ronnie , Dorian would have kept winning  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #536 on: August 29, 2009, 01:14:05 PM »

It won't, ND's math skillz need work.

Having to resort to the non-contest and now-infamous "black sox shots" speaks volumes. :-*

40% win/loss ratio VS 88% Dorian wins
8 wins over Ronnie , Dorian wins

you hate numbers becuse they crush you

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #537 on: August 29, 2009, 01:39:01 PM »
how many AC wins does ronnie have?

how many does the one armed bandit have?

ZERO.

why? dorian was never good enough to win the AC.

so many guys hit some of their best ever shapes at the AC, eg. Ronnie 01 (arguably). Taylor 92, Flex 93, Kevin 94..

dorian would have lost had he tried to do the AC..
Flower Boy Ran Away

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #538 on: August 29, 2009, 02:34:47 PM »

What a complete idiot. LMFAO dorian not good enough my ass. Dorian had no desire to compete in the AC.

This back double bi is the best ever.

Team Yates

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #539 on: August 29, 2009, 02:36:56 PM »
What a complete idiot. LMFAO dorian not good enough my ass. Dorian had no desire to compete in the AC.

This back double bi is the best ever.

I dont see anyone beating this even today :o

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #540 on: August 29, 2009, 02:56:20 PM »

ZERO.

so many guys hit some of their best ever shapes at the AC, eg. Ronnie 01 (arguably). Taylor 92, Flex 93, Kevin 94..

Twisted logic at its finest.  Dorian didn't compete in the ASC, as he deemed it a notch below the Olympia title.  By your logic, he should be chastised for having not competed in the Iron Man, or other lessor shows.  If memory serves, Ronnie DID compete in the Iron Man, yet never won it.  Oh, and he also lost handily to Gunter, yes freaking Gunter.  I believe you just fell on your own sword.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #541 on: August 29, 2009, 03:02:02 PM »

ZERO.

How many Arnold Classic's did Dorian try for? 0 never wanted any there was ONE contest that mattered and that was the Olympia all the subsequent contests were an after thought , you're trying to claim Dorian was never good enough to win an Arnold Classic? lol yet good enough to win almost every contest he ever entered?

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #542 on: August 29, 2009, 04:10:11 PM »
You think that means something how many of the O's did he beat Dorian? NONE

how many of the O's would he have if Dorian never got hurt? according to Ronnie , Dorian would have kept winning  ;)

Right I guess it means nothing that Ronnie won more O's than Dorian. Oh and longevity is part of the game, if lifting super heavy is what got you there then you can complain when it causes you adversity.  And yes 98 Coleman would have crushed any Dorian including an uninjured Dorian, even if Coleman didnt think he was gonna win. Cause guess what, He probably didnt think he was gonna win the 98 Olympia anyways but he did.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #543 on: August 29, 2009, 04:16:22 PM »
Right I guess it means nothing that Ronnie won more O's than Dorian. Oh and longevity is part of the game, if lifting super heavy is what got you there then you can complain when it causes you adversity.  And yes 98 Coleman would have crushed any Dorian including an uninjured Dorian, even if Coleman didnt think he was gonna win. Cause guess what, He probably didnt think he was gonna win the 98 Olympia anyways but he did.

And yet, he barely slid by a less than best Flex Wheeler in 1998.  A Flex Wheeler I might add, who like Ronnie, never came close to Dorian in competition.  This tune has been played before by the other trolls and like them, you've got nothing. 

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #544 on: August 29, 2009, 04:19:50 PM »
1 Ronnie Coleman USA 17 5 5 5 32 
2 Flex Wheeler USA 5 10 10 10 35 

Barely? After the first round he received perfect scores...Get it right buddy, dont bring bullshit to the convo

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #545 on: August 29, 2009, 04:20:22 PM »

No it doesn't mean much and why? it's NOT quantity it's quality ! Dorian faced a much higher quality field than Ronnie ever did , who did Ronnie face honestly? guys that Dorian just demoralized for years and it's not coincidence that Ronnie only started to beat them after they were past their primes

Dorian destroyed a near career best Flex Wheeler in 1993 he was so far ahead of everyone they didn't even need to call him out in the muscularity round ! and Ronnie at his best Olympia appearance ( according to him and others ) just narrowly beat Flex ( who wasn't anywhere near his 93 form ) in one of the closest Olympia contests in history , so much for 98 Ronnie beating any version of Dorian  ;D

And longevity ? Dorian turned pro in 1990 and competed for 8 years and won 15 out of 17 contests and never placed below second in ANY pro contest , his career was neither a flash in the pan or filled with a bunch of dead lasts and 15th places like Coleman

Dorian was a winner right out of the box and dominated in a fashion like Ronnie never did

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #546 on: August 29, 2009, 04:25:21 PM »

Barely? After the first round he received perfect scores...Get it right buddy, dont bring bullshit to the convo

barely in the end he won by just 3 points ANYWAY you cut that it's one of the closest contests in Olympia history and Ronnie ironically has many close calls like 2004 was by just 3 points 2002 by 9 points 2001 by 4

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #547 on: August 29, 2009, 04:26:13 PM »
8 years and 17 contests is not longevity...lol cmon man I think Cormier competed more than 17 times in one year alone!

Ronnie dominated even a sharper Flex in 99, receiving perfect scores for the entire contest.

Ronnie had competiton, some of the same competition Dorian had and new blood as well.

And Dorian won controversaily more times than you can count. I mean Levrone looked better than him at times, Nasser, Ray
Doubt Dorian ever did that.

Add all those notes together and this is what you get

Ronnie>Dorian

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #548 on: August 29, 2009, 04:27:45 PM »

And he won by a whopping total of 3 points, wow!  Flex never, ever got within that striking distance of Yates, nor did Ronnie. On the other hand, Gunter ripped Ronnie a new one by a margin of 20 points, 21 vs Ronnie's 41.  Who's victory was more dominant then, Ronnie over Flex, or Gunter over Ronnie?  Simple math, though you may still have difficulty with it.  Bring something better to the table, or don't bother.  

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #549 on: August 29, 2009, 04:28:37 PM »
barely? only on the scorecard was it barely, he blew everyone away. cause how judging was performed. Had no names been or reputations been known in that Olympia, he would have had perfect scores throughout.

Im also curious, do you have Dorians scorecards from his Olympias? Im interested to see how he scored.