Author Topic: How much do you bench?  (Read 56564 times)

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
Re: How much do you bench?
« Reply #425 on: May 20, 2014, 02:30:09 AM »
I've only posted 3 pics. back pic when some fella said i was a twink and ab pic when gal said i was obese, and the pic in this thread. and the 'air of authority' isn't from thinking I'm one of the better built guys, but when it comes to experience with the stuff we use, i have a bit more experience in all areas than a good number.

You're always trying to defend yourself and your pictures, let people have their own opinion on you.

For me, I think you look about average, nothing special..as I also do myself (see pic) but the difference is I don't come on here looking down on people...nor do I take anywhere near half a gram of gear a week, as a matter of fact I am on 200mg masteron only right now, and TBH the diffrerence between me and you and your sweet spot of 6g is not light and day, bearing in mind am a lot taller than you at 6ft3...it puts it into perspective and I see why people keep on ripping into you and I hope one day you will too.

S

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #426 on: May 20, 2014, 02:34:38 AM »
How many of these guys could do a legit, below parallel squat with 315?
10 fucking percent%.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #427 on: May 20, 2014, 03:32:21 AM »
You're always trying to defend yourself and your pictures, let people have their own opinion on you.

For me, I think you look about average, nothing special..as I also do myself (see pic) but the difference is I don't come on here looking down on people...nor do I take anywhere near half a gram of gear a week, as a matter of fact I am on 200mg masteron only right now, and TBH the diffrerence between me and you and your sweet spot of 6g is not light and day, bearing in mind am a lot taller than you at 6ft3...it puts it into perspective and I see why people keep on ripping into you and I hope one day you will too.

there's an opinion, and there's basing an opinion on things I've said and taken out of context.

posting pics of when I was just out of the hospital with thyrotoxic periodic paralysis and down 40+lbs, and posting pics when I was a few days out of prison, and posting pics of when I was on hrt and nothing else, and then saying 'this is what you look like right now, on 6g/wk' and the whole '6g sweet spot' shit is pathetic.

the '6g sweet spot' shit was referring to the total mg amt of what the guys use who compete, have competed either as npc or ifbb.

some of you people behave like little school girls on here... utterly fucking childish for a grown man.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #428 on: May 20, 2014, 03:33:57 AM »
there's an opinion, and there's basing an opinion on things I've said and taken out of context.

posting pics of when I was just out of the hospital with thyrotoxic periodic paralysis and down 40+lbs, and posting pics when I was a few days out of prison, and posting pics of when I was on hrt and nothing else, and then saying 'this is what you look like right now, on 6g/wk' and the whole '6g sweet spot' shit is pathetic.

the '6g sweet spot' shit was referring to the total mg amt of what the guys use who compete, have competed either as npc or ifbb.

some of you people behave like little school girls on here... utterly fucking childish for a grown man.

This is the exact thing I meant, but its all gone over your head  ::)
S

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #429 on: May 20, 2014, 03:35:56 AM »
Just got off the phone with Nasser

Simple Simon

« Reply #430 on: May 20, 2014, 04:40:58 AM »
This is the exact thing I meant, but its all gone over your head  ::)
I dont think he will ever get it, the guy is happy to flood the internet with photos of himself at his worst, but when asked to post a picture of him at his best he blows a gasket.
Very strange behaviour indeed.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #431 on: May 20, 2014, 04:52:40 AM »
I dont think he will ever get it, the guy is happy to flood the internet with photos of himself at his worst, but when asked to post a picture of him at his best he blows a gasket.
Very strange behaviour indeed.

True, every single picture we've seen so far is off him one week post comatosed paralysis...he fiercely makes this point over and over again and says he is 245lbs ripped normally, then gets annoyed at us for accusing him off bluffing, afeter all we're not to blame, the internet is full of liars i.e. Anabolichalo's imaginary 70k savings accounts one week, yet he can't fix a kitchen door or feed himself half the time...or Thick Nick claiming to have a normal sized penis and blaming the servere deterioration of size on dehydration and weather.

S

Simple Simon

« Reply #432 on: May 20, 2014, 04:55:40 AM »
True, every single picture we've seen so far is off him one week post comatosed paralysis...he fiercely makes this point over and over again and says he is 245lbs ripped normally, then gets annoyed at us for accusing him off bluffing, afeter all we're not to blame, the internet is full of liars i.e. Anabolichalo's imaginary 70k savings accounts one week, yet he can't fix a kitchen door or feed himself half the time...or Thick Nick claiming to have a normal sized penis and blaming the servere deterioration of size on dehydration and weather.

Looking at his physique now him at sub 5% he would be lucky to weigh 175

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #433 on: May 20, 2014, 05:04:00 AM »
Just got off the phone with Nasser
he still taking a bath?

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #434 on: May 20, 2014, 06:01:06 AM »
I saw a guy last night do a single with 170kg BUT rested on his chest for a 5 count then powered it up. How many of you could do that with 120kg never mind 170? I fucking couldn't!

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #435 on: May 20, 2014, 06:02:53 AM »
I saw a guy last night do a single with 170kg BUT rested on his chest for a 5 count then powered it up. How many of you could do that with 120kg never mind 170? I fucking couldn't!

Would bury me like a child.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #436 on: May 20, 2014, 06:10:43 AM »
nice. I know you've been after that for a while

shoulder felt strong....but I pussed out on the second rep. panic attack when I felt a pinch going down.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #437 on: May 20, 2014, 07:29:36 AM »
shoulder felt strong....but I pussed out on the second rep. panic attack when I felt a pinch going down.

More benching is not gonna make your bench go up.  Im not some expert powerlifter or anything but I know how to increase my bench press. And IME anything makes my bench go up except benching itself.
l

T-REX007

• Getbig III
« Reply #438 on: May 20, 2014, 08:22:39 AM »
You want to get good at benching - then benching more with variations will def help most people - by benching more I mean more frequency but with less intensity, alternate the lifts that replicate a bench - inclines, declines, board presses, benching with bands, cambered bar benches, floor presses and the like- alternate reps, rest periods, tempo etc.. your bench will grow over TIME
Hammer triceps also !

Simple Simon

« Reply #439 on: May 20, 2014, 11:34:33 AM »
Everyone should get good at benching, it really enhances all areas of your life and makes you a multi-faceted well rounded human being.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #440 on: May 20, 2014, 11:35:14 AM »
Everyone should get good at benching, it really enhances all areas of your life and makes you a multi-faceted well rounded human being.

and makes you a better fighter, the more you bench the tougher you are.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #441 on: May 20, 2014, 11:36:43 AM »
More benching is not gonna make your bench go up.  Im not some expert powerlifter or anything but I know how to increase my bench press. And IME anything makes my bench go up except benching itself.

I powerlifted for about 2 years when in my early twenty's I bench 2x week first day high weight low rep 135x10 185x3 225x3 275x3 315x3 355x2 and back then up up up the weight x1 rep.
Second day lower weigh high rep 135x10 185x12 225x10 275x8 and down again....plus mix in incline dumbbell and decline low weight very high rep 135x25-30 over and over etc....sometimes incline smith machine with high weight. Finish with cable work pull overs....

Now letting shoulder dictate rep and weight another year I should be 100%.....I hope :-\

Simple Simon

« Reply #442 on: May 20, 2014, 11:37:26 AM »
and makes you a better fighter, the more you bench the tougher you are.
Correct, strength in the pecs and shoulders also transfers to the jaw muscles allowing you to take harder shots without getting knocked out.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #443 on: May 20, 2014, 11:39:29 AM »

My penis grew thicker with benching as well as my understanding of the dadaist movement

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #444 on: May 20, 2014, 11:47:26 AM »

and winning a bodybuilding show does?  more people follow worlds strongest man than bodybuilding

strength=respect.
l

Simple Simon

« Reply #445 on: May 20, 2014, 11:49:32 AM »
and winning a bodybuilding show does?  more people follow worlds strongest man than bodybuilding

strength=respect.
Just re-read my post, nope, I never mentioned a bodybuilding contest at all.
Would would enhance your life is getting a worthwhile regular job and having more than one shower a week.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #446 on: May 20, 2014, 11:57:02 AM »
for the most part, benching for strength (powerlifting style) doesn't equate to a larger, better chest in bbing terms.

however, it does allow you to handle and control heavier weight when you go back to a typical "bodybuilding style" bench press with focus on the chest as the prime mover.. with elbows out to the sides and the bar touching higher near the nipple (or above it)

whole reason I started powerlifting was because of a shoulder injury which prevented me from doing ANY pressing for 7-8 months. even pressing a 10lb db felt like an ice-pick being stabbed in my shoulder, so after a couple months I started working with actual powerlifters on squat and deads while my shoulder healed, and finally bench. when I was able to bench again, the simple adjustments in technique had me pushing 30lbs heavier than I'd ever pushed before (after not pressing at all for 8months), and I've carried over that technique since 'returning' to bodybuilding and my shoulders have never been an issue since.

Simple Simon

« Reply #447 on: May 20, 2014, 11:58:45 AM »
for the most part, benching for strength (powerlifting style) doesn't equate to a larger, better chest in bbing terms.

however, it does allow you to handle and control heavier weight when you go back to a typical "bodybuilding style" bench press with focus on the chest as the prime mover.. with elbows out to the sides and the bar touching higher near the nipple (or above it)

whole reason I started powerlifting was because of a shoulder injury which prevented me from doing ANY pressing for 7-8 months. even pressing a 10lb db felt like an ice-pick being stabbed in my shoulder, so after a couple months I started working with actual powerlifters on squat and deads while my shoulder healed, and finally bench. when I was able to bench again, the simple adjustments in technique had me pushing 30lbs heavier than I'd ever pushed before (after not pressing at all for 8months), and I've carried over that technique since 'returning' to bodybuilding and my shoulders have never been an issue since.
You certainly live a full life.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #448 on: May 20, 2014, 03:35:11 PM »
ESF

do you have some kind of personality disorder?

I'm being serious. are you medicated?
b

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #449 on: May 20, 2014, 03:38:58 PM »

With 120kg, even 150kg when I go heavy no problem. 170kg no way anymore  :-[

Starting to wonder if I'm on the other side of the bell curve.

I've seen 250kg or so (said earlier in thread) done raw and natural by a guy in a suit who just took off the jacket. Was left speechless. Guy had a mullet too. He was from Belgium wonder if he knows Leopold.