Author Topic: My typical day fellas.  (Read 5921 times)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
My typical day fellas.
« on: January 19, 2006, 02:26:49 PM »
wake up-shake with water...2 scoops (shower)
Breakfast-10 eggs,2 yolks 1 cup oatmeal
2.5 hours later - chicken breast,1 can tuna,half cup brown rice,1 cup veggies.
2.5 hours later - 1 cup oatmeal,1 orange,3 scoops whey protien with water (preworkout)
post workout - 3 scoops whey protein , bowl of cream of wheat.
2.5 hours later - 2 chicken breasts,half cup brown rice,1 cup veggies.
2 hours later- 1 can tuna
before bed 1-2 scoops whey protein with water.
what do you guys think im open to any changes.
bodybuildersreality.com

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Re: My typical day fellas.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 02:31:09 PM »
i meant to post this in nutrition board...my bad.
bodybuildersreality.com

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 02:54:41 PM »
 :D Nobodys perfect!Only thing I might change looking at it quickly is the meal after your post workout shake.Not the meal itself but eat a whole meal maybe only 1/2 hr. to 45 minutes after that post workout shake.

PhoenixBuff

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 03:25:02 PM »
Question, do you have a job?  ;D

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 04:35:33 PM »
Question, do you have a job?  ;D
no sir....im going to school and living off of a bank account from which i made last summer which i hope to do again this summer....it was a shutdown at a mill.
bodybuildersreality.com

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 04:36:47 PM »
:D Nobodys perfect!Only thing I might change looking at it quickly is the meal after your post workout shake.Not the meal itself but eat a whole meal maybe only 1/2 hr. to 45 minutes after that post workout shake.
ic the cream of wheat with shake is not good?
bodybuildersreality.com

Ledd

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 04:57:23 PM »
2.5 hours later - chicken breast,1 can tuna,half cup brown rice,1 cup veggies.
2.5 hours later - 2 chicken breasts,half cup brown rice,1 cup veggies.

What size are the chicken breasts you eat, the ones I buy have 40 grams of protein per serving.  I just think that 80 grams at once is more than the body can efficiently use.  Same with the breast and tuna that makes almost 70 grams, still a bit high in my opinion.

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 05:09:18 PM »
I dunno if the Cream of Wheat PW is sufficient in the way of carbs....

Also, i think you might be going a little heavy on the protein, unless you weigh 250+ lbs with low bodyfat and/or are juicing....how many grams protein in a scoop for you?
:-)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 05:22:46 PM »
24 grams per scoop....i currently weight 226 lbs and i train 6 straight days with one day off.
bodybuildersreality.com

Bear03

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 05:29:37 PM »
24 grams per scoop....i currently weight 226 lbs and i train 6 straight days with one day off.

yeah man that's like 375 grams of protein per day, at least.  That's more than 1.5 g per day, you really don't need all that.  I'd back off just a bit.  Every time you have "3 scoops" just have 2, and axe the can of tuna from the meal with the chicken.  Just a thought.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2006, 06:30:34 PM »
Looks OK, better than a lot of guys, but still has some holes I think. 1st off, postworkout shake would be better taken with simple carbs, followed by a whole food meal about an hour or so later, this meal would be more suited to have some sort of slower digesting carb. Second thing, some of your meals have more protein then necessary, 40-50g per meal is more than enough. Also, where is the fat? This is a pretty low fat diet, and you could benefit from taking in some healthy fats.

Here is an example of my typical bulking diet, see what you think:

Meal 1:
6 eggs 1/2cup oats

Meal 2:
Shake 40g whey

Meal 3: 8oz red meat, 1potato, salad, 1/2tbs olive oil

Meal 4:
Shake 40g whey

Meal 5: 1hr-1.5hr before training
8oz chicken 1/2cup rice, 1/2cup cashews

Meal 6: post/training
Shake w/Gatorade 40g whey, 16oz Gatorade

Meal 7: 1hr after meal 6

Meal 8: before bed
6 eggs 1/2cup oats

Meal 3 and meal 5 switch places sometimes, depending on my mood. Also, you'll notice that my carb intake is not all that high for a bulking diet, but with the added fat in the diet, by way of olive-oil, nuts, and a little red meat, helps to provide the energy I need for training...but at times if I get to feeling like I need a little more, I'll munch on some low-sugar oat granola bars

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2006, 06:38:55 PM »
Looks OK, better than a lot of guys, but still has some holes I think. 1st off, postworkout shake would be better taken with simple carbs, followed by a whole food meal about an hour or so later, this meal would be more suited to have some sort of slower digesting carb. Second thing, some of your meals have more protein then necessary, 40-50g per meal is more than enough. Also, where is the fat? This is a pretty low fat diet, and you could benefit from taking in some healthy fats.

Here is an example of my typical bulking diet, see what you think:

Meal 1:
6 eggs 1/2cup oats

Meal 2:
Shake 40g whey

Meal 3: 8oz red meat, 1potato, salad, 1/2tbs olive oil

Meal 4:
Shake 40g whey

Meal 5: 1hr-1.5hr before training

Meal 6: post/training
Shake w/Gatorade 40g whey, 16oz Gatorade

Meal 7: 1hr after meal 6

Meal 8: before bed
6 eggs 1/2cup oats

Meal 3 and meal 5 switch places sometimes, depending on my mood. Also, you'll notice that my carb intake is not all that high for a bulking diet, but with the added fat in the diet, by way of olive-oil, nuts, and a little red meat, helps to provide the energy I need for training...but at times if I get to feeling like I need a little more, I'll munch on some low-sugar oat granola bars

that diet looks good thanks arnold jr! yeah about the fats...i'll have a handful of almonds here or there and i put natural peanut butter in my postworkout shake. sorry i didn't add that. but thanks for your tips!
bodybuildersreality.com

BigIronMike25

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2006, 08:08:51 AM »

Good STUFF JARNOLD----healthy fats (unsaturated) are of utmost importance!!!  Cutting out too much fat from the diet makes your body want to hold more fat since it isnt getting any  I would definitely reccomend more fat in the diet as well as some EFA's (fish oils etc)...it always kills me when people will say "dont know why i cant lose any fat, ive cut almost all of it out of my diet"   thats an all-too-common occurence by most people...its simple really, if you take in enough healthy fats, it makes your body more effiecient at burning fat!!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2006, 12:11:57 PM »
Hey Arnold jr you eat 12 full eggs a day or is it egg whites? I limit it to 3 eggs a day because i read there is too much saturated fat.
just push some weight!

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2006, 12:27:23 PM »
he said 6, and yes is it whole eggs? cuz i only have 2 yolks a day but thats 14 yolks a week 62 yolks a month....any more that that...i donno..i have eggs everyday for breakfast.
bodybuildersreality.com

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2006, 02:03:03 PM »
Hey Arnold jr you eat 12 full eggs a day or is it egg whites? I limit it to 3 eggs a day because i read there is too much saturated fat.
It's whole eggs, scrambled.

Follow this link to see nutritional breakdown of one egg...when you get to the page, just change the serving size to 1egg, it will show up at first as 1cup.

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-B00001-01c201w.html

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2006, 02:36:26 PM »
alright thanks for that link
bodybuildersreality.com

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2006, 03:29:05 PM »
actually he's got it listed twice... first meal and last. thx :)
just push some weight!

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2006, 08:36:57 AM »
I'm assuming that you take a quality multi vitamin/minerial (trace elements included)/herbial complex.  If nothing else these can aid muscle cell's abilities to  absorb important norishments from the blood stream; amino's ,cell salts, etc. They also help insure balance to all the glands of the body. My own view is that more whole grain & muscle meat products should be eaten when the purpose is to gain true muscular weight and superior strength for your potentional. As said in the other post, fat's are very important. Flaxseed,Peanut, Olive & Fish oil's top the list. Olive, safflower & peanut oils are excellent for cooking purposes. Some trainee's will even take a spoon full of olive, safflower oil in their shakes before/after a workout session. Good Luck.

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2006, 10:00:08 AM »
my typical day consists of getting up at 7:15 a.m.,  showering, choking down cereal, juice, and coffee, and just about making it on time to work by 8:30 for a job i only live about 10 minutes away from.  then i sit on the phone, stare at a computer screen, and listen to people scream and yell at me about where their f'in order is, until about 11:15 a.m..   then, the little lunch truck comes, i get all of about a 2 minute break, and i try and drink a red bull inbetween my being paged for more calls!!!  then, if i'm lucky, i finally go to lunch for a 1/2 hour(however, it usually is only about 20 minutes actual time, cause it takes me 10 minutes to travel, order lunch, and finally sit down to eat it.)  then i rush back to work, swipe the clock late usually, and do what i did all morning until i swipe the clock again at 5:00 p.m. oh, somewhere between all this, i drink a 2nd red bull too.  then i come home, try to relax, have dinner, and i'm right back out the door again by about 7 for an a.a. meeting! this is my life! (PATHETIC, AIN'T IT!)  oh, did i mention that i try to fit working out into this somewhere, sometimes?!  TOO HELL WITH PLANNING MEALS AND WHEN AND HOW MUCH I EAT! WHO HAS THE F'IN TIME TO DO THAT?!  JUST SHOOT ME!!! PLEASE!!! :'(

Bear03

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2006, 11:57:56 AM »
my typical day consists of getting up at 7:15 a.m.,  showering, choking down cereal, juice, and coffee, and just about making it on time to work by 8:30 for a job i only live about 10 minutes away from.  then i sit on the phone, stare at a computer screen, and listen to people scream and yell at me about where their f'in order is, until about 11:15 a.m..   then, the little lunch truck comes, i get all of about a 2 minute break, and i try and drink a red bull inbetween my being paged for more calls!!!  then, if i'm lucky, i finally go to lunch for a 1/2 hour(however, it usually is only about 20 minutes actual time, cause it takes me 10 minutes to travel, order lunch, and finally sit down to eat it.)  then i rush back to work, swipe the clock late usually, and do what i did all morning until i swipe the clock again at 5:00 p.m. oh, somewhere between all this, i drink a 2nd red bull too.  then i come home, try to relax, have dinner, and i'm right back out the door again by about 7 for an a.a. meeting! this is my life! (PATHETIC, AIN'T IT!)  oh, did i mention that i try to fit working out into this somewhere, sometimes?!  TOO HELL WITH PLANNING MEALS AND WHEN AND HOW MUCH I EAT! WHO HAS THE F'IN TIME TO DO THAT?!  JUST SHOOT ME!!! PLEASE!!! :'(

wow.  self-provoked meltdown.  strange & sad.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2006, 07:16:03 PM »
wow.  self-provoked meltdown.  strange & sad.
i agree
bodybuildersreality.com

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2006, 09:45:03 PM »

It's all about time management bro, that's the ticket plain and simple.  For instance take my life for example, for the past 4 1/2 yrs:

Full time student
Full time job (and yeah, I work in construction, so don't give me any bull-shit about being tired)
I am at the gym 6 days wk, 2x a day if it's diet time
I do volunteer work for my political party of choice (I know your asking, is he a Dem or Rep...I'll keep that to myself on this board.)

You would think all that would take all my time, but I still manage to spend some time with family and friends, pursue my other intrest, such as writing and of coarse the ever so elusive female species... and oh yeah, not to mention posting here on getbig.

The only way to have time to do all you have to do is have a plan. Plan out your training a week in advance if you need to. Set aside a time when you are going to train, and stick with that. Start preparing meals in advance, I cook over half my meals for the wk on Sunday afternoon. Sure it's not the most glamorous entrees, but it does the job. And most importantly, never, and I mean never feel sorry for yourself, this doesn't do you any good what so ever. It only weakens your demeanour, and leads you down the path of mediocrity, and that is no way to live.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2006, 09:47:43 PM »
Yup bodybuilding i think is the best teacher for time management and sorting out your life! way to go Arnold Jr. thats awesome...that post inspired me to not worry so much about my work load.
bodybuildersreality.com

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2006, 09:53:08 PM »
Yup bodybuilding i think is the best teacher for time management and sorting out your life! way to go Arnold Jr. thats awesome...that post inspired me to not worry so much about my work load.
I'll never understand these people who complain about their lack of time. I mean come on, even the President (regardless if you like him or not)has time to hit the weights a few days a wk. Sure, he's got a lot of people who actually do the work for him, but as President he has a heavy load of responsibility, much more then most of us here, and his time is much more pressed.