Author Topic: 'Hardest training bodybuilder'  (Read 38492 times)

England_1

• Getbig IV
Re: 'Hardest training bodybuilder'
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2007, 01:26:54 PM »
why because the picture is black and white and he has a headband on...

i legpress...
so do you...
take a picture is it not hardcore too...

Nope, Yates was more hardcore than Coleman b/c Yates went to utter physical failure AND BEYOND. From blood and guts video you can just feel Yates' pain when he is pushed beyond his limit on the leg extension, for example.
Team Yates

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2007, 01:28:20 PM »
150lb DB shoulder press at a bodyweight 50lbs less than Coleman in CoR only doing 160s.

so if i took a picture of me doing 120's at a bodyweight of 200 i can do that
would i be more hardcore than dorian
please answer that
 ::)

man please y'all believe the hype too much...
anyway i;ll leave y'all to it... i have a mind of my own and i use it ...
no one can tell me who is hardcore... or snap some black an white pics  and say yeah he was the most hardcore
im not plugged into the matrix.... like a lot are...
i leave you all to it
choice is an illusion

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2007, 01:30:34 PM »
so if i took a picture of me doing 120's at a bodyweight of 200 i can do that
would i be more hardcore than dorian
please answer that
 ::)
man please y'all believe the hype too much...
anyway i;ll leave y'all to it... i have a mind of my own and i use it ...
no one can tell me who is hardcore... or snap some black an white pics  and say yeah he was the most hardcore
im not plugged into the matrix.... like a lot are...
i leave you all to it

Your main premise seems to be the amount of weight Coleman lifted and that some how his look and nonchalant actions made him more "hardcore" than Yates.

My argument is that Yates is more hardcore because he pushed his body to and beyond his physical limits.

Going by your argument, Levrone trained chest more hardcore than Coleman becuase he bench pressed more  :P
Team Yates

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2007, 01:36:12 PM »
get your facts straight they both benched the same thing.... and if your going that route coleman is the more hardcore he did 12 reps with 200 remember
who told u thta coleman doesnt push his self to the limit... 200's were the heaviest in his gym.. what was he supposed to do each rep at slow bionic speed makin it harder so he could only get 6 reps
or is he not hardcore because he doesnt grimace or wear a headband like yates??
or stare at the ground and nothing else between sets...
 ;D ;D ;D
your are funny..
total respect though you stick to your beliefs and i shall stick to mine... we can all still peacefully coexist
 8) 8)
choice is an illusion

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2007, 01:40:14 PM »
get your facts straight they both benched the same thing.... and if your going that route coleman is the more hardcore he did 12 reps with 200 remember
who told u thta coleman doesnt push his self to the limit... 200's were the heaviest in his gym.. what was he supposed to do each rep at slow bionic speed makin it harder so he could only get 6 reps
or is he not hardcore because he doesnt grimace or wear a headband like yates??
or stare at the ground and nothing else between sets...
 ;D ;D ;D
your are funny..
total respect though you stick to your beliefs and i shall stick to mine... we can all still peacefully coexist
 8) 8)

Actually, Coleman did 495 for 5 reps and Levrone did 500 on the M3 video for 4 reps, get your facts straight  :P
And yes, we will co-exist, you with your belief and me with mine. But Yates is still more hardcore  :D
Team Yates

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2007, 01:42:56 PM »
thought they were both 5 plates...
?
on cor.. coleman said repeatedly he was suffereing with a bad shoulder.. and kept prodding it with a pin..

choice is an illusion

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2007, 01:43:47 PM »
Bow to Dorian!

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2007, 01:44:59 PM »
thought they were both 5 plates...
?
on cor.. coleman said repeatedly he was suffereing with a bad shoulder.. and kept prodding it with a pin..

haha.....owned  ;D

Coleman may have had a bad shoulder, but he absolutely dwarfed Levrone in size. Levrone's benching at 300lbs would have been insane.
Team Yates

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2007, 01:49:56 PM »
Team Yates, bitches!

Except now that he's retired it's...

Team Wolf, bitches!

But when referring to the 90s, it's...

Team Yates, bitches!

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2007, 01:57:44 PM »
so if he owned coleman as you say.. what did he do to to yates? what did yates press on blood and guts?? :-\
that point is moot anyway..... overall.. levrone couldnt train  with coleman...
heck gunter beat him on back in a training shoot.. levrone admited that too
overall coleman is the strongest
i dont believe in the whole bodyweight benchin thing .. im light and i outpress a lotta guys... waaay heavier than me... so again moot point fact is
so i still say coleman all the way for hardcore and no fanny pack or headband or grimace or big with tops marked with xxxl  or lookin atthe floor between sets is gonna change my mind

so stalemate england1
 8)
choice is an illusion

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2007, 02:02:57 PM »
so if he owned coleman as you say.. what did he do to to yates? what did yates press on blood and guts?? :-\
that point is moot anyway..... overall.. levrone couldnt train  with coleman...
heck gunter beat him on back in a training shoot.. levrone admited that too
overall coleman is the strongest
i dont believe in the whole bodyweight benchin thing .. im light and i outpress a lotta guys... waaay heavier than me... so again moot point fact is
so i still say coleman all the way for hardcore and no fanny pack or headband or grimace or big with tops marked with xxxl  or lookin atthe floor between sets is gonna change my mind

so stalemate england1
 8)

Yates claimed to bench "more than" 500 lbs for reps in his first book. I have no reason to believe he was lying.

And why would you not believe the whole bodyweight benching thing? Are you denying that you would bench more at a higher bodyweight? Why is it that the strongest powerlifters are always the heaviest?
Team Yates

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2007, 02:03:15 PM »
With Coleman's form, Yates would have BB row 585lbs

The famous Yates rows....very effective.  :o

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2007, 02:03:56 PM »
Dorian inclined 425 for 6 on Blood and Guts, it was a very low incline bench though, lowest barbell incline i've ever seen.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2007, 02:06:31 PM »
Yates claimed to bench "more than" 500 lbs for reps in his first book. I have no reason to believe he was lying.

And why would you not believe the whole bodyweight benching thing? Are you denying that you would bench more at a higher bodyweight? Why is it that the strongest powerlifters are always the heaviest?
dont know... i guess ill find out when i get there
choice is an illusion

Gym dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2007, 02:17:33 PM »
I would say Coleman but all time hardest training bodybuilder from the old school era would be Arnold.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2007, 09:04:36 PM »
mesomorph, you're riding coleman's nuts and your objectivity is akin to billybobs.

you are so blinded by coleman's nut sack that you don't even see your own hypocrisy ie when you referred to 'big bad yates types' looking hard with their 'chalk', etc etc.

i can guarantee you coleman used more chalk and other training aids (not talking supps here as i have no idea what these guys used and how much) than yates ever did (just take another look at the video evidence without the coleman nut blinders on) and, i suppose, screaming out, 'LIGHT WEIGHT!' and 'NOTHING BUT A PEANUT!' while looking around to see who's watching is not attention seeking? ::) hell, even in branch's squat video you can hear coleman screaming in the background. ;D

as my posts tend to reveal, i'm a coleman fan, but objectivity allows intelligence to a debate (see hulkster thread for what happens if objectivity is lost).

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2007, 07:31:03 AM »
Actually, Coleman did 495 for 5 reps and Levrone did 500 on the M3 video for 4 reps, get your facts straight  :P
And yes, we will co-exist, you with your belief and me with mine. But Yates is still more hardcore  :D

why is yates more hardcore...because the black and white video and boots and yelling....

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2007, 08:06:48 AM »
why is yates more hardcore...because the black and white video and boots and yelling....

i don't believe that yelling fascilitates a more hadcore environment but coleman has done his fair share of black and white vids and a lot more yelling. actually, yates has always been pretty darn quiet in every clip i've seen of him.

having said that, it's obvious that some guys seem to need to yell to get motivated to lift big weights and, i guess, when these guys actually do succeed in lifting obnoxious weight, who the fuck am i to say it's not necessary. it's not my thing, but if it works for them, good on them.

when a guy's screaming his box off squatting 220 and stopping his set when most people are just getting into it, i tend to think wtf?

i've only ever seen levrone do pushing exercises ie bench, smith militarys, etc and i was impressed by his focus (there was nothing pretentious or flamboyant that i could see), technique and strength but, tbh, the real test of a 'hard trainer' for me is when it comes around to squats/deads/rows. that's when you really see the men from the coaches.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2007, 08:08:40 AM »
i don't belieeve that yelling fascilitates a more hadcore environment but coleman has done his fair share of black and white vids and a lot more yelling. actually, yates has always been pretty darn quiet in every clip i've seen of him.

having said that, it's obvious that some guys seem to need to yell to get motivated to lift big weights and, i guess, when these guys actually do succeed in lifting obnoxious weight, who the fuck am i to say it's not necessary. it's not my thing, but if it works for them, good on them.

when a guy's screaming his box off squatting 220 and stopping his set when most people are just getting into it, i tend to think wtf?

i've only ever seen levrone do pushing exercises ie bench, smith militarys, etc and i was impressed by his focus (there was nothing pretentious or flamboyant that i could see), technique and strength but, tbh, the real test of a 'hard trainer' for me is when it comes around to squats/deads/rows. that's when you really see the men from the coaches.
totally agree with you here.

Farcry

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2007, 08:36:05 AM »
being stronger than somene doenst mean they train harder than them.  For example say some one was squatting 225 for six reps but they pushed themselves really hard to get those 6 reps, gave it all they had. Somone else walks in and does 315 for 10 reps and did it pretty easily but thats all he did.  Does that mean he trained harder because he used more weight?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: December 05, 2007, 08:36:59 AM »
being stronger than somene doenst mean they train harder than them.  For example say some one was squatting 225 for six reps but they pushed themselves really hard to get those 6 reps, gave it all they had. Somone else walks in and does 315 for 10 reps and did it pretty easily but thats all he did.  Does that mean he trained harder because he used more weight?
yes it does, more weight ALWAYS equals harder training.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2007, 08:39:41 AM »
yes it does, more weight ALWAYS equals harder training.

does form matter?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2007, 08:41:57 AM »
does form matter?
yes, should have said more weight with good to decent form.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2007, 08:43:37 AM »
platz,dorian,barbarian twins,mike quinn

in that order..
carpe` vaginum!

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2007, 08:56:18 AM »
Dorian.

Without a shadow of a doubt (no cheesy pun intended)

Watched him train last week in Temple. His son Lewis was also there training with someone else adn he's following in his fathers footsteps in terms of intensity and drive.