Author Topic: F'ING CLUELESS - Obama's India Trip to cost $____ Millions a day.  (Read 31417 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: F'ING CLUELESS - Obama's India Trip to cost $____ Millions a day.
« Reply #300 on: April 29, 2011, 01:29:37 PM »
But what if the deal with the other guys was just better.. all the charm in the world dont matter.. and the olympics thing.. damn thats funny,... you put that on obama...hahahahahhaha amazing

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #301 on: April 29, 2011, 01:48:06 PM »
That's your opinion.  This isn't as simple as putting a contract out for bid.  It's also about making a deal with the world's only super power. 

And Obama failed . . . again. 

Yes it is... especially when India just had a huge issue with corruption stemming from its procurement of goods.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #302 on: April 29, 2011, 01:54:45 PM »
Yes it is... especially when India just had a huge issue with corruption stemming from its procurement of goods.

Not it isn't.  When a person or company can afford to pay for goods and services, regardless of cost, they don't simply pick the cheapest goods and services. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #303 on: April 29, 2011, 01:55:54 PM »
Not it isn't.  When a person or company can afford to pay for goods and services, regardless of cost, they don't simply pick the cheapest goods and services. 

All things being equal they do...

If the French planes are 1% less advanced, yet 50% cheaper... They pick the french planes.

If you are saying otherwise, then you don't understand procurement in government.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #304 on: April 29, 2011, 01:57:52 PM »
All things being equal they do...

If the French planes are 1% less advanced, yet 50% cheaper... They pick the french planes.

If you are saying otherwise, then you don't understand procurement in government.

All things are not equal.  That's the point, which I'm not sure you understand.  The U.S. is the world's only super power.  They need us. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #305 on: April 29, 2011, 01:59:38 PM »
All things are not equal.  That's the point, which I'm not sure you understand.  The U.S. is the world's only super power.  They need us. 

Why?

For what do they need us?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #306 on: April 29, 2011, 02:02:39 PM »

there is an up and coming super power, called china,so instead of the ra ra ra bullshit we better start doing something else

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #307 on: April 29, 2011, 02:09:02 PM »

there is an up and coming super power, called china,so instead of the ra ra ra bullshit we better start doing something else

By choice - because you messiah is TRYING to collapse the nation.   

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #308 on: April 29, 2011, 02:11:29 PM »

WOW...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: April 29, 2011, 02:15:29 PM »
WOW...

Even the CEO of the black chamber of commerce who voted for Bama in 2008 said he is a complete disaster.   When are you going to wake the hell up bro? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #310 on: April 29, 2011, 03:28:58 PM »
Why?

For what do they need us?

We've probably given them billions in foreign aid.  We're the nation that will come to their defense if they're attacked.  We'll be dropping in manpower and food when they have their next natural disaster.  Their students come to our country to get the best education possible.  We produce the best weapons in the world.  We lead or dictate the national discussion on many issues.  The world revolves around the United States.  We employ way too many of them to man call centers. 

O.K., the call centers thing isn't a big deal, but I hate talking to people in India when I have a problem with cell phone service, etc.   >:(

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #311 on: April 29, 2011, 03:35:29 PM »
We've probably given them billions in foreign aid.  We're the nation that will come to their defense if they're attacked.  We'll be dropping in manpower and food when they have their next natural disaster.  Their students come to our country to get the best education possible.  We produce the best weapons in the world.  We lead or dictate the national discussion on many issues.  The world revolves around the United States.  We employ way too many of them to man call centers. 

O.K., the call centers thing isn't a big deal, but I hate talking to people in India when I have a problem with cell phone service, etc.   >:(

Absolutely nothing you have stated implies "need".

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #312 on: April 29, 2011, 03:38:18 PM »
Absolutely nothing you have stated implies "need".

lol.  O.K.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #313 on: April 29, 2011, 03:40:27 PM »
lol.  O.K.

You laugh, but there are 6 billion people on the planet... The US has about 320 Million of them... You say the word "need" like it's air or water, and you give a bunch of things that are strictly opinion.

How about the US "needing" India?

Isn't that why you're really upset? We NEED them to buy our planes, but they won't?

Sounds like we need them, not the other way around.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: April 29, 2011, 03:42:42 PM »
You laugh, but there are 6 billion people on the planet... The US has about 320 Million of them... You say the word "need" like it's air or water, and you give a bunch of things that are strictly opinion.

How about the US "needing" India?

Isn't that why you're really upset? We NEED them to buy our planes, but they won't?

Sounds like we need them, not the other way around.

C'mon dude.  I don't think you even believe some of the stuff you say.  You're seriously telling me the fact we have likely given them billions in foreign aid doesn't constitute a "need" on their part? 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #315 on: April 29, 2011, 03:44:02 PM »
C'mon dude.  I don't think you even believe some of the stuff you say.  You're seriously telling me the fact we have likely given them billions in foreign aid doesn't constitute a "need" on their part? 

I don't think we should be "giving" money to any country...

I think every country NEEDS every other country in the global economy... I don't believe that the US holds some lock on other countries "needing" us.

You apparently do.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #316 on: April 29, 2011, 03:47:48 PM »
In bamas america, albania, algeria, azerbaijan, and argentina are all equal powers to the usa.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #317 on: April 29, 2011, 03:51:22 PM »
I don't think we should be "giving" money to any country...

I think every country NEEDS every other country in the global economy... I don't believe that the US holds some lock on other countries "needing" us.

You apparently do.

I wasn't asking about whether we should.  I don't like all of the foreign aid we hand out.  I'm asking about whether the fact we may give billions in foreign aid to a country over the course of years (regardless of whether you agree with giving it) = a "need."  

There is more than one country that "needs" us.  Israel is one.  Kuwait.  South Korea.  Probably many others.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #318 on: August 11, 2011, 08:36:12 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #319 on: August 11, 2011, 09:13:37 AM »
Xerox CEO, an Obama appointee, may send jobs to Indian firm
Xerox employees were told last week of a possible deal with Indian offshore firm HCL
Patrick Thibodeau
 May 23, 2011 (Computerworld)

WASHINGTON -- Xerox, whose CEO, Ursula Burns, is advising President Obama on exports, last week told its product engineering employees that it is in outsourcing talks with India-based IT services firm HCL Technologies.

Some of the affected Xerox employees may see their jobs transferred to HCL, said a Xerox spokesman, but how many will be affected is not known. Xerox has "hundreds of employees" working in product engineering groups in California, New York, Oregon, the Netherlands and the U.K., the spokesman said.

Burns was appointed last year as vice chairwoman of the President's Export Council, a panel of CEOs advising the Obama administration on how to increase exports, which would lead to an increase in domestic jobs. Boeing CEO and Chairman James McNerney is the council's chairman.

Burns is outspoken on the need to improve the pool of math and science graduates in U.S. schools. In a recent video interview on CNN, she warned that if graduation rates in these areas don't increase, "we become a server nation; our standard of living must decline."

Burns, in that interview, also argued that there is a dearth of workers who can fill skilled jobs, and when jobs aren't filled, the response from U.S. employers is, "We exported the work."

"The work has to be done, so we send the work to people in other places that can get it done. This is absolutely backwards," Burns said.

But a Xerox employee who would be affected by the action and who spoke to Computerworld on condition of anonymity said the outsourcing agreement is being done to cut costs.

Engineering "is the core of America, and to cut that is almost criminal," the employee said. "If you don't have an engineering base in this country, you don't produce anything."

The employee continued, "If you are giving Americans jobs, isn't that a good thing for Xerox?"

The affected Xerox employee said workers were called to a meeting last Wednesday and told about the possible HCL agreement. There were 200 to 250 employees at the meeting, and they were told that "we would all become HCL employees," this employee said.

An agreement is expected sometime next month.

Xerox spokesman Bill McKee said all that's been announced is that the company is "exploring a partnership with HCL." It hasn't announced layoffs, and it's too early to speculate on the impact on the workforce, he said.

The Xerox employee said there are few details about what will happen to the local workforce, but among the concerns is that some of the job offers will be for positions at out-of-state facilities. "It's obvious there is a huge reduction of labor."

McKee said the HCL partnership is being explored "to help us improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our global product engineering operation. We have great skills and talent in our organization, yet we don't have the scale necessary to be a leader in all areas," he said.

"It becomes increasingly clear that to win, we have to partner with other industry leaders," McKee said.

Among the topics being discussed by Xerox employees is a remark made by Vineet Nayar, CEO of HCL Technologies, in 2009, when he reportedly called most American college graduates "unemployable."

The only prior indicator that changes were ahead at Xerox was an internal webcast earlier this year describing a plan to cut some research and development engineering costs to one-third of current levels, the affected employee said. Asked about that, McKee said, "We have never said we would reduce R&D spend." The company has said "that we will be shifting our revenue mix to a higher percentage of services, a business that is targeted to grow between 6% and 8% by 2012. To support that, we have clearly indicated our R&D focus will also shift to a services-led, technology-driven business."

He added, "More than half of our revenue now comes from services. We will continue to shift R&D to support the direction the company is moving in."

Burns will have a "huge impact" on what happens to former Xerox employees, said Ron Hira, an associate professor of public policy at the Rochester Institute of Technology who has testified in Congress about the impact of outsourcing. Among the things Xerox will control is how many employees are retained and how many will be transferred to HCL.

"Xerox will also control whether HCL hires American workers or brings in guest workers on H-1B and L-1 visas," Hira said.

What typically happens in an outsourcing agreement is that some workers are laid off, generally those who are older and have higher salaries, Hira said.

If Xerox follows the practices of other outsourcing agreements, Hira said, "some Xerox workers will be kept on in a transitional phase, where they will be laid off some months in the future but they will be asked to train their HCL replacement. Sometimes this is sweetened with severance, but given the current job market, that sweetener won't be very generous."

HCL, according to Hira's research, largely relies on L-1 visas to transfer its overseas employees to the U.S. Last year, the company used 85 H-1B visas and 2,935 L-1s.

Hira believes that Burns will not favor investments that create jobs in America over countries with lower-cost labor.

"By overstocking his export council with so many CEOs, President Obama has set it up to fail," said Hira. "There's no way that Ms. Burns or any other CEO [on the council] will allow solutions that help American workers and the American economy but at the expense of profits and compensation for upper management."

Patrick Thibodeau covers SaaS and enterprise applications, outsourcing, government IT policies, data centers and IT workforce issues for Computerworld. Follow Patrick on Twitter at  @DCgov or subscribe to Patrick's RSS feed . His e-mail address is pthibodeau@computerworld.com.

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/print/9216954/Xerox_CEO_an_Obama_appointee_may_send_jobs_to_Indian_firm?taxonomyName=Outsourcing&taxonomyId=72

Now we know why this traitor went to India.  Good job you jerkoffs who voted for this. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #320 on: August 11, 2011, 09:21:26 AM »

great more drunk guy in front of concrete wall

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #321 on: August 11, 2011, 09:29:32 AM »
What do you disagree with ?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #322 on: August 11, 2011, 09:41:37 AM »
u.s has been sending computer related jobs for years nothing new here.they are happy to work for a fraction of the salary of their american counterparts.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #323 on: August 11, 2011, 09:43:49 AM »
u.s has been sending computer related jobs for years nothing new here.they are happy to work for a fraction of the salary of their american counterparts.

LMFAO!   She is head of his god damned export council! 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #324 on: August 11, 2011, 09:47:04 AM »
get out of your appartment once in a while, we donn't make shit any more,we are a service country