Author Topic: Beer vs Wine  (Read 11430 times)

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
Re: Beer vs Wine
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2014, 10:48:51 PM »
The best stuff we have are liquorice and peanut butter, but both don't go well with a glass of wine :D

Oh Lord ( ;) ), I would kill for some perfect wheat free liquorice! Soft and sweet, like those harlequin liquorice.

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2014, 10:51:57 PM »
Trying to determine which is better (health-wise).

Wine
Gets you drunk faster
More sugar
Some iron
Phytonutrients

Beer
Tiny bit of protein
Cheaper
Gluten

What to add to the lists?

Red wine stains lips and teeth, beer makes you burp and contains more carbs. Glutenfree beer is expensive.

Still, both taste awful!

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2014, 11:01:25 PM »
Oh Lord ( ;) ), I would kill for some perfect wheat free liquorice! Soft and sweet, like those harlequin liquorice.

Do you have a (strong) gluten intolerance?
My weekend cheat meal is spelled bread with peanut butter or dark choco sprinkles :P

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2014, 11:03:22 PM »
The best stuff we have are liquorice and peanut butter, but both don't go well with a glass of wine :D
i love salty dutch liquorice. It's the best!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2014, 11:25:27 PM »
Beer. After a bottle and a half of wine, my stomach is fucked

box wine or the cheap bottles stuff (menage a trois, etc) tears up my gut.... ain't pretty the next morning when it's time for the morning sitdown. 

1-2 glasses of higher end stuff, no problem.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2014, 11:26:03 PM »
I like red wine with food but drinking it for inebriation makes my head ache. I am not gluten intolerant so besides the belly bloat beer would be my choice for social drinking.

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2014, 11:29:32 PM »
Do you have a (strong) gluten intolerance?
My weekend cheat meal is spelled bread with peanut butter or dark choco sprinkles :P

No, a wheat allergy...  :(
Can't eat de-glutened wheat starch, and have to be careful of maltodextrine, glucose syrup and dextrose, as they could be made of wheat although gluten free. Producers don't have to label the source of those ingredients and frequently switch their sources.

But I can eat spelt  ;D , provided it hasn't been in contact with wheat anywhere in the process (milling stones, dough hooks, baking plates, displays...). Sadly, most producers consider spelt as a type of wheat and don't clean thoroughly between batches...  :( Or even mix half wheat and half spelt together and call it spelt...  ::)

Yay! Also found a spelt variation of one of our other Dutch delicacies: stroopwafels!

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2014, 11:56:53 PM »
I like red wine with food but drinking it for inebriation makes my head ache. I am not gluten intolerant so besides the belly bloat beer would be my choice for social drinking.
I gave up social drinking last year. I decided it was empty calories and I didn't like how a friend was trying to always push it on me. If I say I don't drink then I don't get pressured to go out to bars/clubs from my friends.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2014, 11:58:20 PM »
No, a wheat allergy...  :(
Can't eat de-glutened wheat starch, and have to be careful of maltodextrine, glucose syrup and dextrose, as they could be made of wheat although gluten free. Producers don't have to label the source of those ingredients and frequently switch their sources.

But I can eat spelt  ;D , provided it hasn't been in contact with wheat anywhere in the process (milling stones, dough hooks, baking plates, displays...). Sadly, most producers consider spelt as a type of wheat and don't clean thoroughly between batches...  :( Or even mix half wheat and half spelt together and call it spelt...  ::)

Yay! Also found a spelt variation of one of our other Dutch delicacies: stroopwafels!

Even from derived sugars, wow. The food industry has way to much freedom, it says alot about how much governments care about their citizens..
Maybe a bread machine is a good investment?

Sometimes I get stomach problems from wheat bread or wheat porridge, so oat meal & brown rice are my only main carb sources.

Stroopwafels! :P

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2014, 12:23:44 AM »
I gave up social drinking last year. I decided it was empty calories and I didn't like how a friend was trying to always push it on me. If I say I don't drink then I don't get pressured to go out to bars/clubs from my friends.

Good of you!

Don't like it either when people push you to drink alcohol. Some of our friends are really pushy, so I told them I can't drink because I'm on meds. They kept on expressing how sorry they felt for me, but finally stopped pushing.

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2014, 12:34:59 AM »
Even from derived sugars, wow. The food industry has way to much freedom, it says alot about how much governments care about their citizens..
Maybe a bread machine is a good investment?

Sometimes I get stomach problems from wheat bread or wheat porridge, so oat meal & brown rice are my only main carb sources.

Stroopwafels! :P

For that one bread every forthnight, I just bake it in the oven. Our main carbs are also rice, oats and some potatoes. Though I like to experiment with more unusual ingredients like glutenous rice, teff, chestnut and plantain.

churbro

• Getbig II
  • Don't fear death...fear a life unlived
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2014, 01:06:09 AM »
When I first moved to Oz it was brown Brothers Dolcetto & Syrah but then I found a cleanskin for half the price ($6.99) so that's me every weekend. Beer used to be NZ Waikato Draught but now it's either Corona or Elephant beer.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2014, 01:08:47 AM »
When I first moved to Oz it was brown Brothers Dolcetto & Syrah but then I found a cleanskin for half the price ($6.99) so that's me every weekend. Beer used to be NZ Waikato Draught but now it's either Corona or Elephant beer.
brown brothers is good but I prefer grand burg. I might have spelt that last name wrong. Anyway it's more costly than brown brothers but it was one of my favs.

Simple Simon

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2014, 01:31:00 AM »
I have NEVER had a glass of wine thats tasted good, NEVER.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2014, 01:33:49 AM »
You have never tried Aussie wine... Seriously.

Simple Simon

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2014, 02:05:00 AM »
You have never tried Aussie wine... Seriously.
I have tried ALL wines, it all tastes like shit.
Its fucking horrible, many people drink wine to avoid the stigma of alcoholism.
They believe because its wine its not as bad.

Dicks.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2014, 02:19:02 AM »
love red wine, only the problem with me is that i drink it as i drink beer.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2014, 02:24:10 AM »

Most mild flavour I can recommend as a starting point would be a very chilled sauvignon blanc, or a semillon, or a blend of those.  Unwooded chardonnay is also very tame.

Reds are gonna be stronger.  Dessert wines aren't something you'd drink alone but go well with sweets.  Then there's sherrys, ports, and brandys.

It's an acquired taste, just like beer.  So don't be such a closed minded fagggot.  Drink some damn wine.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2014, 02:27:08 AM »
that because you have to learn to drink it and you will begin to love it. same with wiskey that tasted like benzine to me.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2014, 02:27:33 AM »

Dicks.
You need a good meal of seafood with some fine Aussie wine. Grand berg from South Australia is very light, sweet but not too sweet and very smooth.

churbro

• Getbig II
  • Don't fear death...fear a life unlived
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2014, 02:39:54 AM »
I'm assuming you're meaning Grant Burge? I Haven't tried it but I'll check Dan Murphy's next time I go.

Simple Simon

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2014, 02:53:40 AM »
You need a good meal of seafood with some fine Aussie wine. Grand berg from South Australia is very light, sweet but not too sweet and very smooth.
Wine is for pretentious twats.
I see them at my local store all browsing the wine section, they only check the fucking alcohol content.   ;D

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2014, 02:55:45 AM »
Wine is for pretentious twats.
I see them at my local store all browsing the wine section, they only check the fucking alcohol content.   ;D
The higher alcohol ones are better.

Simple Simon

« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2014, 02:56:53 AM »
The higher alcohol ones are better.
The prosecution rests.   ;D

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2014, 03:17:27 AM »

Dicks.

So true!