Author Topic: Luke Wood. 281lbs looking awsome!!  (Read 24638 times)

jwb

• Getbig V
Re: Luke Wood. 281lbs looking awsome!!
« Reply #175 on: November 28, 2006, 08:07:32 PM »
imo Dex looks better than chris there...thicker, bigger arms, thicker chest, better legs, smaller waist, better delts, better shaped lats, far more pleasing aesthetically...

and all teh while he is robbing himself of even more added illusion as you say.

then again ive never been a fan of CC. his legs appear sinewy and dont sweep like others- the way he holds his front DB looks awkward and skewed- tris arent great and all the pec mass is at the top. from the rear he appears to have great detail but lacks thickness across the back in the upper and lower body.

anwhoo i cant figure why the CC fans, and you cant figure why the Dex fans...

i am convinced you are wrong....and you me...

BB is wierd like that eh?

i'm actually not saying CC is better here stu because he doesn't really do that pose very well either (aside form sucking in his abs).

that is why i posted the 2 pics of arnold and bob.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #176 on: November 29, 2006, 02:21:27 AM »
Some better shots of Cormier doing his front dbl bi

I

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #177 on: November 29, 2006, 04:43:35 AM »
G'day Luke,

How you going mate? Any chance of catching up at squashlands this weekend or are you booked?

no problem. sunday 10.30am

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: November 29, 2006, 05:18:03 AM »
Hey Luke sorry to hijack this thread about you with a CC vs. DEX arugment but why not join in, your opinion since your pro holds good value. :)
I

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #179 on: November 29, 2006, 01:23:46 PM »
Ok. Dexter has such an awsome physique and seems to be able to peak for everyshow. He is very consistant and very confident. A truly beautiful physique. Chris fails to be as consistant. Chris has and still does have a tremedous physique! But does'nt come in the 100% like he should sometimes or has the potential too!! But i will say when Chris is at his best he is in my eyes MR OLYMPIA!!! when Chris is on, he is flawless!!!!

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #180 on: November 29, 2006, 01:51:41 PM »
Luke do you feel top 3 at the oz show 07?.Olympia qualification. ;D

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: November 29, 2006, 02:35:23 PM »
Ok. Dexter has such an awsome physique and seems to be able to peak for everyshow. He is very consistant and very confident. A truly beautiful physique. Chris fails to be as consistant. Chris has and still does have a tremedous physique! But does'nt come in the 100% like he should sometimes or has the potential too!! But i will say when Chris is at his best he is in my eyes MR OLYMPIA!!! when Chris is all, he is flawless!!!!

Good response, Dex is awesome and has a crazy physique but he just isn't complete in my eyes which is why I feel he is overrated but def top 10 in the world depending on whose is competing and on their game. Chris is just what I feel is an ideal physique with nothing missing, sure you could nit pick but you can't say he lacks in anything except the ability to come in 100% consistently. As you may know I am a huge Cormier fan and since I didn't follow the sport until he was past what some say was his prime I am rooting for him to come in 100% again and I hope to see it. The main reason I didn't go to the Arnold last year cause he wasn't doing it, same with the AC pro. Anyway have you ever competed with them before (sorry I don't feel like looking it up myself)?
I

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #182 on: November 29, 2006, 05:21:38 PM »
Luke do you feel top 3 at the oz show 07?.Olympia qualification. ;D

Well thats the plan!!!  ;)

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: November 29, 2006, 05:24:02 PM »
Well thats the plan!!!  ;)
where is the aussie show this year?

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #184 on: November 29, 2006, 05:24:55 PM »
Good response, Dex is awesome and has a crazy physique but he just isn't complete in my eyes which is why I feel he is overrated but def top 10 in the world depending on whose is competing and on their game. Chris is just what I feel is an ideal physique with nothing missing, sure you could nit pick but you can't say he lacks in anything except the ability to come in 100% consistently. As you may know I am a huge Cormier fan and since I didn't follow the sport until he was past what some say was his prime I am rooting for him to come in 100% again and I hope to see it. The main reason I didn't go to the Arnold last year cause he wasn't doing it, same with the AC pro. Anyway have you ever competed with them before (sorry I don't feel like looking it up myself)?

I have competed against Chris in the 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004 Australian Grand Prix's. Chris won 3 of them and placed second to Dexter at one of them. I competed against Dexter at the 2001, 2002 and 2004 Australian Grand Prix's. The size and shape Chris brought in 2001 was just awsome. Dexter however in 2004 looked amazing!!!

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #185 on: November 29, 2006, 05:26:05 PM »
where is the aussie show this year?

March 10th, Melbourne Australia.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: November 29, 2006, 06:25:09 PM »
hey luke you ever tried doing concentration curls the way arnold did them - ie. standing kneeling over with the upper arm not supported at all and no supination during the movement?

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: November 29, 2006, 06:30:58 PM »

this is the way to bring up bicep peaks.

forearms could use some light, high rep close grip reverse curls with the straight bar also with the elbows held in front of the hips...

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #188 on: November 29, 2006, 09:48:00 PM »
hey luke you ever tried doing concentration curls the way arnold did them - ie. standing kneeling over with the upper arm not supported at all and no supination during the movement?

No mate i have'nt.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: November 30, 2006, 01:35:37 AM »
No mate i have'nt.
proof is in the pudding... check out those biceps and he is curling 50lbers only

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: November 30, 2006, 02:36:33 AM »
Luke the Ironman is before the Aussie show right? You should do the Ironman even if you aren't fully dieted down cause you would still look huge and in the Ironman lighting you would look insane. Plus you could use it as a warmup and get some hype behind you before the Aussie show. Just a suggestion :)
I

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #191 on: November 30, 2006, 03:30:45 AM »
Luke the Ironman is before the Aussie show right? You should do the Ironman even if you aren't fully dieted down cause you would still look huge and in the Ironman lighting you would look insane. Plus you could use it as a warmup and get some hype behind you before the Aussie show. Just a suggestion :)

I will be in super contest shape for the Ironman as well. I have never done this show and i want to peak for this as well. Yes the lighting is incredible i have heard so yes i will be bring a very full but very hard phyique there. I will be about 264 at the Ironman.  I respect your suggestion! thankyou!!!