Author Topic: Show coming up 08. Need some advice about cycle.  (Read 5622 times)

babaliciousbri

• Getbig II
Show coming up 08. Need some advice about cycle.
« on: May 26, 2007, 02:35:49 PM »
Doing a show in 2008. Going to start a cycle now & possibly another before contest time. Would be in figure and starting to eat clean tomorrow. Around 2000 calories daily.

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
Re: Show coming up 08. Need some advice about cycle.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 03:04:26 PM »
stats?
other cycle experience?
when is the show?

primo and anavar arent really that powerful.....almost a pre contest cycle. are you trying to bulk? stay lean? 2000 cals isnt that much either unless you are just trying to maintain....

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 03:31:15 PM »
Only thing I'd have for you is...
I think the most import thing for the women is knowing someone whose used what your using first.
Labels are cheap to print if you get my drift...

For new raw size dont underestimate everything in the PLers tool box. They look like they do because they eat like swine. Lots of good thick muscle under their fat.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 03:52:02 PM »
Hard to get the women to talk. I'd be real carefull w/ well meaning guys that HAVE ZERO  personal experience w/ women & AAS, and that's most of us... What someone's friend.. of a buddy... said... ::)
Gets a little worrisome to me.

Personally,As a guy in my 40's I love deca and HGH. THe Physicans General Rx lists WOMENS DOSAGE for Nandrolone Decanoate as 50-100mg per week for anemia or renal disease. 25-50mg every 3-4 weeks for children 2-13 yrs of age. Suggests intermittent use, watching for sides.

2ius of HGH w/ 25mcg of cytomel AM. precardio/ empty stomach rocks for fat loss for me. Even just a couple times a week. Cutting that HGh/ cytomel dose in half may be prudent. You need to get some of the girls talking here...  good luck

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 04:23:27 PM »
Well, for starters your calories are about right according to my calculations. BUT what percentages are you doing of Protien, Carb, Fat?

6 Reps per set will be great for strength but not great for adding muscle size.
8-12 is the range for hypertrophic stimulation (muscle growth). Supersets are great precontest.

I have worked with about 50 girls getting them ready for shows, a couple doing USA's this year. But none of them are using....we can get them in shape without, believe it or not. There are ways of gaining size without the gear but will help, no doubt. Would also need to see where you need improvements (bodyparts) in order to determine if your training will give you the best possible chance of adding the size you need.

The Pro's I know say they use Deca off season and GH precontest. Otherwise, your compounds will be fine as long as the training and diet are on.

Just my .2 cents....

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 04:43:46 PM »
Re: Cytomel.. Yeah I wont do it nonstop. But I've personally seen no harm from it  2-3 times week with the HGH for short fat removal runs.
  For upper body mass, I think getting the Bench press poundage up with board presses and chain/ bands on the bar are better than many a drug run. But PLing techniques are unLoved  here.
Nothing wrong with 3-5 reps for size. Ask Overloads opinion, hes a PLing judge.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 04:57:00 PM »
Yeah, and he is a powerlifter not a figure competitor. Unless he wants to show us photos in a 2 piece

The girls I have trained have all done better with a range of 8-12, again, just my experience

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 05:22:07 PM »

6 Reps per set will be great for strength but not great for adding muscle size.
8-12 is the range for hypertrophic stimulation (muscle growth). Supersets are great precontest.

In many cases this is true, but it's not set in stone. It goes back to the saying, different strokes for different folks...some rep ranges, even lower ones work well to build muscle for some...even some women.

Doing a show in 2008. Going to start a cycle now & possibly another before contest time. Would be in figure and starting to eat clean tomorrow. Around 2000 calories daily. Primo 100mgs week   Anavar 10mg-20mgs a day for 10 weeks. Anyone who has some input please let me hear it. Or any other cycle ideas. I've taken 10mgs of Anavar for 10 weeks previous.
This cycle looks fine and should do you well. Like already said, adding in GH and/or t-3 would not hurt in the future. As for GH, most women are safe with doses at 1-2iu/ed. In regards to t-3, I don't buy into the thyroid shutdown theory, at least not as a whole. It may be true that some do fall into this category, but they would be in a minority IMO. If it were true, we'd have a ton of obese former competitors walking around.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 06:33:52 PM »
Yeah, and he is a powerlifter not a figure competitor. Unless he wants to show us photos in a 2 piece

The girls I have trained have all done better with a range of 8-12, again, just my experience

Yeah, I don't think the 2 piece would do 4 him, But you said you want more MASS, right?
Ever tried getting the max up w/ lower reps and different resistance on the bar? Change is shocking to the body, you don't have to do it for keeps, or eat snicker bars and bacon by the lbs like lots of them do. Another 25-35lbs plate on each side of the bar for the same # of reps with good form = More Mass.  There is no way around it. THe problem lies in besting your present max by another 50-70lbs.  That's where the chain comes in.

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2007, 07:29:44 PM »
Welcome to getbig! I've had decent gains with steranabol (not easy to get but it's out there). It was part of my first cycle, took it with Deca and anavar, also took a bone strengthener with that. I'm a hard gainer and bb'er so I take in a few more calories than you 3500-4000. Whatever you do stay away from andro's!!!! I really can't say whether great gains were made from deca, I mainly use it for my joints. There is another supp I took but I want to give the correct spelling, it's a similar name to what guys take (but not what guys take)so when I get home I'll get the correct spelling off the bottle and post.

I'm still in my off season but I hardly ever do less than 20 reps unless it's really really super heavy.

when exactly is the competition? how many weeks do you diet before?

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2007, 09:44:02 AM »
LOl...i immediately thought you were a guy....you know what they say about assumptions  ;)

babaliciousbri

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2007, 10:21:53 AM »

I have worked with about 50 girls getting them ready for shows, a couple doing USA's this year. But none of them are using....we can get them in shape without, believe it or not.

I find that hard to believe for some reason. Those girls have great muscle size & to be natural and looking like that its extremely, if not impossible, to come by.

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2007, 10:23:38 AM »
LOl...i immediately thought you were a guy....you know what they say about assumptions  ;)

nope not a guy
a chick
a black chick
 ;D

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2007, 10:27:20 AM »
ok the correct spelling is masteron, when you do your research for steranabol you may also see it spelled sternabol. Just make sure you keep reading, the more you know the better.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2007, 11:22:51 AM »
I find that hard to believe for some reason. Those girls have great muscle size & to be natural and looking like that its extremely, if not impossible, to come by.

Yes, agreed tons of the girls are using. My point is the girls I have helped have won regional shows, qualifying them for USA and Nationals. Do I think they have a chance? Very slim but it is their option to use or not. They just pay me to get them ready (diet and training) and it is up to them if they want help in the gear dept. Most of the girls I train have no desire to be pro and know that they will only go so far. There is only one I am helping for this USA who has a chance because she is a genetic freak! Other than that, most of the girls do use...

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2007, 11:24:21 AM »
nope not a guy
a chick
a black chick
 ;D

Thanks for chiming in on this Az!! It will be good for her to have a FEMALE perspective.  ::)

Does Az mean you are in Az, neighbors if so?!?

babaliciousbri

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2007, 11:29:39 AM »
I figured. & thats fine, but I want to go pro. If not earn it, atleast look like one!! haha. But you get my point. Girls ignore that minor detail when talking about their contest regimens.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2007, 11:49:11 AM »
Hard to say how many girls use and what I have experinced is that it is a moral issue with some. If they are pro, chances are they use something in some capacity but it is not bodybuilding so some actually might not take much if anything and without knowing them personally, I can only vouch for the pro's I do know. They seem to love Anavar and Winny with Deca in off season.

I would tweak your raios a bit on the diet as you want to add size so carbs will be important to fuel your hard training. I would start with a 40% P 40% C and 20% Fat. Too low of fat can make for achy joints and will help with hormone production as well. Since you are training pretty heavy, you can even get away with 35% C, 40% P and 25% F. Fats should of course be mostly EFA's and only 10% of the 25% saturated at most. Carbs should be complex, lower sugar and even add in your vegies for fiber and will stoke your metabolism as well. Protein of course lean meats, powders, yada yada yada, you should know what is what...

With regards to you training, the lower reps is fine and will work, don't get me wrong! But I feel you will need to go thru "meso cycles"> meaning, change it up! You may go a few months with the heavy, low volume training, then train in the 8-12 range, then 12-15...you will have to see what works best for you and being young, you have time to figure (no pun) that out. I have only one girl who does great with 6-8 reps, most others 12-20 reps. Keep a journal of your progress not only for poundages, sets, reps and diet but how you feel. ie: tired all the time, achy joints, too sore, etc....that way you can referance what is working for ya' and make changes when needed.

It is good you know what you need to work on as judges like full round delts with a V taper so don't let your waist get out of hand. Try to also focus on upper back, traps as that is a differance maker in figure. Do you have the same structure as Gina A.? Every girl has differant structure so find a girl that has the same delt to waist ratio and see what she did to get where she is..

Is it the LA that you are doing in So Cal '08? If so, plenty of time and will see you there, I am doing it as well if all goes well...PM me if you like and good luck!

Guys, you can argue and suggest whatever you like, this is all just been my personal experience!  8)

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2007, 12:33:29 PM »
I just meant that you want to have a V TAPER.....measurements can always change. Create that illusion, ya know.

Journal whatever will help you make adjustments in whatever area you need, whether diet, gear, training, moods, etc...

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2007, 02:54:20 PM »
Thanks for chiming in on this Az!! It will be good for her to have a FEMALE perspective.  ::)

Does Az mean you are in Az, neighbors if so?!?

dirty jerzey baby!

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2007, 02:58:20 PM »
one last question for you babalicious; have you gone to the Nationals yet to see what the girls like in person?

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2007, 05:18:15 AM »
My weakest parts at this point are my shoulders and calves. They grow well when I hit them hard, but I've been slackin.

This is after much slacking on my part. So normally that waist&hip measurement would be smaller.

For someone who would like to take it to the next level and even maybe turn pro........I'm reading about a lot of "slacking"??  Why would you slack on your weakest areas?  I have to question your seriousness.

babaliciousbri

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2007, 10:44:17 AM »
For someone who would like to take it to the next level and even maybe turn pro........I'm reading about a lot of "slacking"??  Why would you slack on your weakest areas?  I have to question your seriousness.

Turning pro is long term goal I have. MY SHORT TERM GOAL is to compete NPC in a medium size show and start my journey. I KNOW dedication is key, my seriousness is there. My "next level" is competing NPC, not turning. I'm starting my journey now & taking it seriously.

babaliciousbri

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2007, 10:45:55 AM »
one last question for you babalicious; have you gone to the Nationals yet to see what the girls like in person?

No I havent been to a nationals yet. I havent seen many in person either.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2007, 11:53:49 AM »

No I havent been to a nationals yet. I havent seen many in person either.
You should definitely try to get to a national level or pro show...it will give you an entirely different perspective. It should do 2 things, one, going to things like that can always be really motivational, for me at least, and two, it gives you more of a clear picture of what you're up against...live vs seeing printed pics, there's no comparison.